As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So my stepmom has a history of being totally crazy. I've told some stories on here but in general she has huge moodswings, is constantly active and OCD about everything, sleeps maybe 3-4 hours a night most of the week and is all around nuts. On top of this she is super skinny but insists she is fat and barely eats anything, actually refusing to eat in front of people outside of going out to eat. She also has severe dizziness and almost falls over sometimes.

Well today I went to pick up her meds and the drug she has been taking for quite a while has been pulled off the market.

I asked why.

Turns out it is pretty much pure ephedrine.

so many things just made sense

CYpGAPn.png
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    besides the fact that the sky was melting

Lets be honest, if you didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, it would be a pretty crappy trip.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Everything is a chemical, pipe

yes yes I know this

you know what I'm talking about jeez

I dunno! On the one hand, there's obviously synthesized drugs (say, 2c-t-7) and obviously non-synthetic drugs (say, ayahuasca). However, there's a lot of room in between, and the distinction doesn't always make sense. For example, is distilling/concentrating a "chemical" process? Both hash and heroin are the result of 'distilling' less concentrated biological-origin drugs, but it seems like you'd probably only be okay with hash. And of course, the active ingredient in any biological-origin drug is of course synthesizable; for example, eating an eighth of mushrooms and taking 40 milligrams of 4-aco-dmt would be basically indistinguishable, because 4-aco-dmt is a prodrug for psilocin (ie, the body converts it into the same active ingredient as present in psychedelic mushrooms).

Now, if what you feel is "I only ever want to use cannabis", well, that's fine and dandy, but it being non-chemical isn't a really strong justification for the position. Might as well just skip the rationalizing and chalk it up to personal preference.

I catch up on threads like this every week or two, and I always see some post I wanna reply to, and then I see Tossrock got it covered.

Weaver wrote: »
    Hey

How do I get steroid pills because I've apparently somehow contracted poison ivy or oak while living in the middle of a huge city with no vegetation and while being enormously allergic to this kind of shit, I have no health insurance and the pills are the only way I've ever been able to get rid of these allergy reactions.

Seriously my left arm is fuuuucked.

Here's one I can reply to. Go to hospital somewhat far away from you wearing an old military jacket. Make sure it doesn't have your last name on it. Give them incorrect information. If they ask for ID tell them you don't have any. Get steroid shot in butt. Leave without paying.

Healthcare in America.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    so apparently some teenagers or whatever around here have ended up in the hospital thanks to something called 25-I, which is in the same class as the 2cs and stuff i guess

a week ago my buddies coworker/an associate of mine snapped and ended up in the mental hospital and the cops were asking people if he had been doing 25-I, and none of us knew what the fuck it was and sorta moved on without thinking about it

then there's an article in the newspaper about people overdosing on it

so i google it and neat, wikipedia has an article, and it's active at super low doseages and i bet people are taking giant ones and flipping out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/25I-NBOMe

reposig.jpg
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    one time I insufflated 2C-i

WHAT A BAD IDEA.

dangit Rockmelt, insufflated is too a word.

I thought I had found a baby in the woods we were tripping at, and ran back to the fire cradling it like

Guys, guys we have to help this baby who leaves a baby in the woods jesus christ this is so fucked up oh my god no

it was one of those crappy frog statues you can get at like, walmart

it was all wet and muddy and I thought it was a baby

• Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    So I am taking a breaking from smoking weed here for a bit.

Need to get my tolerance back down and it'll save me some money for a while

• FarthingFarthing Registered User regular
    I gave weed a try the other night. Hit me like a freight train. had a couple of puffs of a joint and I was laughing my butt off in macdonald's

i was a bit drunk at the time, not sure if that contributed

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    oh yeah, weed and booze can mix together pretty well if you know what's up and you can keep your shit together.

i can't drink without weed

i know a lot of people say they get the spins when they smoke while drinking, but i only get a mild sense of disorientation when i've consumed like, over a half liter of whiskey or something

reposig.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    one time I insufflated 2C-i

WHAT A BAD IDEA.

dangit Rockmelt, insufflated is too a word.

I thought I had found a baby in the woods we were tripping at, and ran back to the fire cradling it like

Guys, guys we have to help this baby who leaves a baby in the woods jesus christ this is so fucked up oh my god no

it was one of those crappy frog statues you can get at like, walmart

it was all wet and muddy and I thought it was a baby

I didn't think anyone used Rockmelt

JtgVX0H.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i can't drink without weed

i know a lot of people say they get the spins when they smoke while drinking, but i only get a mild sense of disorientation when i've consumed like, over a half liter of whiskey or something

i have to smoke before i start drinking or i do get a bit dizzy. these last few times it's been alright cuz i haven't been drunk off my tits though.

Yeah I was pretty clear headed before I smoked

grass before beer, next time.

Beer before grass, and it's your ass.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Just started Ritalin today

We'll see how that goes

i've noticed doctors tend to throw stimulants at people who are having troubles somewhat willy nilly

i hope it helps but be careful because those drugs are weird

reposig.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    if I smoke before I drink, I'll be able to drink most dudes under the table

otherwise about 6 shots in or so and I'll have checked out of the party and into the porcelain towers suite

maybe not immediately, but it is an inevitability

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I dunno if I would recommend smoking weed for the first time if you've already been drinking though

I mean, I'm sure that's how a great number of dudes have been introduced to it

but inhaling a bunch of smoke in a manner you are not used to while your stomach is maybe contemplating puking seems like a bad idea

Iunno

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    i got stoned ages before i ever got drunk

deffo smoke reefer on it's own terms the first time

reposig.jpg
    Bromo-DragonFLY seems like it would be hella cool if it wasn't for the intense tripping for days bit and the number of lethal overdoses

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited March 2012
    also the bit about being a vasoconstrictor would have me nervous

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    Well I wasn't really at the stage where I was considering vomiting

just buzzed... but man did weed kick me

Wasn't really keeping my composure, so be honest i found it a little unpleasant...

it's best to be in a situation where composure doesn't matter

first time i got stoned i think i was fifteen, i made an ass of myself with two friends and had a great time in my parents house

reposig.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    My first time was with kovak and name backwards

It was great

lfYVHTd.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    crossfading is goddamn crazy, fun sometimes though!

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    when I was about 16, I went to a huge house party and took a ton of coricidins, drank half a bottle of vodka, smoked a couple blunts with the partyfolk and took a K-pin

and I hit this like

perfect balance between them and I was just a golden god, I was the best I was handsome and charming and funny and just on a fucking roll

until about 9 o'clock at which point I lose all memory of the evening and woke up under a bed cradling two streetsigns

High and Smokepipe, which was an intersection maybe 2 blocks down from the house the party was in, my friend having sex with a strange girl on the bed above me.

"No I don't want this" I said and rolled out from under the bed and army-crawled away silently

I kind of miss my ridiculous teenage tolerance. Nowadays, if it isn't an opiate or weed, I have to tap out way early

all drinking two gin and tonics and then just calling it a night

that's how i was up until i stopped doing opiates and bennies every day and now i find myself easily drinking 5-8 mixed drinks in a night of getting wasted

i feel like getting wasted on the reg is so incredibly hard on your body by like ~25 the desire to just get totally ass crazy on a bunch of different drugs is probably completely diminished

reposig.jpg
    why the fuck did you not keep those street signs

perfectly good pieces of (anti)memorabilia

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    There's a street in my old town called Mary Jane

the city had to add extra security bolts to keep it attached to the post

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    there's a smoketree lane here

i want it

reposig.jpg
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    420 Weedlord Blvd

DKFA7.gif
    why the fuck did you not keep those street signs

perfectly good pieces of (anti)memorabilia

oh no man, I still have High Street in my room, balanced on the jamb over my door

Smokepipe went to a friend
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i feel like getting wasted on the reg is so incredibly hard on your body by like ~25 the desire to just get totally ass crazy on a bunch of different drugs is probably completely diminished

yeah I got really sick for a while after a pretty harsh binge, and when I got better it was like "guess who can't do any drugs because his organs don't work right, this guy!"

I had a doctor last year make a noise of awe/horror when he looked in my file after I got blood work and some tests done because I apparently have the liver of a middle aged man

he was like "it's not life-threatening, exactly, but uh, you should probably slow down."

My doctor is a guy I used to live in the same neighborhood with who was a handful of years ahead of me, it's pretty neat, he violates the fuck out of doctor/patient confidentiality with me, all telling me about people we knew and how one of them had a weird thing wrong with his toes

• LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    so there's been some talk about mushrooms in here

not nearly enough evidence for this, but it's neat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOtLJwK7kdk

combines two of my favorite things, drugs and anthropology

also, the history of psilocybin on wikipedia is interesting. even if it wasn't the catalyst for humanity as we know it, it's definitely been present in human culture for at least ten thousand years. that's cool in and of itself

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Fuck off and die.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Humans know how to talk because in the future someone will go back in time and teach them how to talk

I don't think I could do salvia, I really enjoyed getting to the ridiculous mental plane of awesomeness on acid, then becoming comfortable with being there. Seems like salvia would be too short lived.

It's very YMMV afaik

Every time I've tried salvia I've gotten into heated arguments with nonexistent people, which I gather is fairly rare (and to a bystander I just sit there muttering to myself unintelligibly)

override367 on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel like almost exactly on my 25th birthday my body was like "Haha no you're getting two-day hangovers if you put anything but food and water in here anymore."

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    my dad is best bros with charlie sheen now so that's cool

lfYVHTd.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Bry, you still theorycrafting a trip up through this business involving hangouts with the Eugene Crew?

• Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I had a pretty good time the 2 times I've done salvia.

What I want to do is Mescalin but it's impossible to fucking find and expensive as shit to make

This discussion has been closed.