As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Setting an alarm doesnt seem to work. I get really good at ignoring it.

Don't dismiss it until you actually take it. Wait till it's in your mouth and you're swallowing.
    That was the only way for me. That way the alarm will keep on going and reminding me bout it till I do it.

skettios on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Tossrock wrote:
    I really want to get on something for ADD but I'm afraid the doctor will think I'm engaging in drug seeking behavior

Thiiiiiiiiiis

ugh
    I had to go to a psych the doc trusted to prove that yes, I do have adult adhd and yes medication is the right thing

Miss my old doc. She would write me 3 Rx at a time so that I didn't have to go in as much.
    At least my doc will let me go one month without having to see him, but I still gotta go in to pick up my paper

I have to go to the campus Psych clinic to get evaluated for ADHD since my therapist can't do it and it's going to be two hours of testing. So I'm super anxious that I'll go in there, take the tests and they'll go, "You're perfectly normal, why do you want drugs, you druggie" and I'll be like, but I really am having trouble focusing on my work and I am not functioning the way I need to and they'll be like pffffff whatev

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I am on BC. I love it, awesome for my skin.

I am just really really terrible about remebering to take them on time each day. What do?

Ginkgo Biloba (maybe)
    Keith wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    No matter what I do, flossing, brushing, mouthwash, I tend to have a more-than-average amount of tartar build up and so I get a lot of scraping with that damn metal hook. My dentist has started giving me nitrous during it now, so I don't care about it any more.

I wish my dentist had some sort of medication that didn't come in a giant needle stabbed directly into my nerve for ten seconds.

I don't even flinch at the needles anymore

I need 3x3 shots every time

I can take regular shots I just hate shots in my face.

oh I mean 9 shots in my mouth every visit

ladies

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    First round of shots

wait 10 minutes

"Do you feel numb?" Nope

second round of shots

wait 10 minutes

"Do you feel numb?" My cheek does "You shouldn't be able to feel your tongue"

third round of shots

wait 10 minutes

"Do you feel numb?" My mouth kinda does but I still feel my tongue fine "Alright let's check it out"

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

Keith wrote:
    First round of shots

wait 10 minutes

"Do you feel numb?" Nope

second round of shots

wait 10 minutes

"Do you feel numb?" My cheek does "You shouldn't be able to feel your tongue"

third round of shots

wait 10 minutes

"Do you feel numb?" My mouth kinda does but I still feel my tongue fine "Alright let's check it out"
    Keith wrote:
    I am on BC. I love it, awesome for my skin.

I am just really really terrible about remebering to take them on time each day. What do?

Ginkgo Biloba (maybe)
    Keith wrote:
    The Geek wrote:
    No matter what I do, flossing, brushing, mouthwash, I tend to have a more-than-average amount of tartar build up and so I get a lot of scraping with that damn metal hook. My dentist has started giving me nitrous during it now, so I don't care about it any more.

I wish my dentist had some sort of medication that didn't come in a giant needle stabbed directly into my nerve for ten seconds.

I don't even flinch at the needles anymore

I need 3x3 shots every time

I can take regular shots I just hate shots in my face.

oh I mean 9 shots in my mouth every visit

ladies

Yeah no that sounds awful to me. The shots are perhaps the worst part for me (yes I'm kind of a wussie about it)

It doesn't help that because my teeth are really sensitive, when he uses the water drill it still hurts from the sensitivity (I don't actually feel the pain of my tooth being ripped apart)

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    It doesn't help that because my teeth are really sensitive, when he uses the water drill it still hurts from the sensitivity (I don't actually feel the pain of my tooth being ripped apart)

Yeah I'm the same

the pain is more from the water/air touching other teeth than the ones actually being worked on

Though it would be awesome if I didn't have to hear/smell the drills

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Brush yo teeth

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    40 mg of Celexa erry day.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    40 mg of Celexa erry day.

^5

The doctor tried Celexa on me first (10mg) and it made me feel terrible

last week was 25mg of Zoloft that switched over to 50mg two days ago. It's felt pretty alright so far (Saturday was a terrible day, as some of my posts from that day show), although the past few days my attention span has been shit

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    i was on 200mg of zoloft for about two years before dropping it cold turkey

i know it works for some people, but i didn't like it much

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I am on 20mg of lexapro, 20mg of prilosec, and a whole bunch of otc stuff to help me stay regular and sleep

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    My first week of Celexa, I was constantly nauseous. Just bleh all day. Then bam it stopped and since then I've had no ill effects. Doc said that was a pretty common reaction.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    My first week of Celexa, I was constantly nauseous. Just bleh all day. Then bam it stopped and since then I've had no ill effects. Doc said that was a pretty common reaction.

you're lucky, it took me like a month on lexapro before I didn't want to vomit constantly even though I never actually did

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    skettios wrote:
    Tossrock wrote:
    I really want to get on something for ADD but I'm afraid the doctor will think I'm engaging in drug seeking behavior

Thiiiiiiiiiis

ugh
    I had to go to a psych the doc trusted to prove that yes, I do have adult adhd and yes medication is the right thing

Miss my old doc. She would write me 3 Rx at a time so that I didn't have to go in as much.
    At least my doc will let me go one month without having to see him, but I still gotta go in to pick up my paper

I have to go to the campus Psych clinic to get evaluated for ADHD since my therapist can't do it and it's going to be two hours of testing. So I'm super anxious that I'll go in there, take the tests and they'll go, "You're perfectly normal, why do you want drugs, you druggie" and I'll be like, but I really am having trouble focusing on my work and I am not functioning the way I need to and they'll be like pffffff whatev

yeppp

sig.png

He told me about the nausea, but I didn't get that. My whole body just felt...tense. Like I was stressing my hands all the time and clenching my jaw

Oh and like 3 extra strength Goodys a day. I'm sure I'm burning a hole in my liver, but I like to be able to bend at the waist without groaning like a gutshot cowboy.

Yeah , Pip. I was never actually sick. It just felt like I was constantly one hiccup away from spewing. Could barely eat. Can't imagine that for a month.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    @joshofalltrades @tossrock

When I was initially diagnosed, I did a very similar process. However, they had me do more of a background test. Had to provide copies of report cards from way back when in addition to the questionairres.
    I like to think that because of me, my doc now believes in adult adhd.. that it's not just a thing that goes away.

Just gotta do it.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    sometimes i take ibuprofen if i have a headache

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    the Nyquil is kickin' in, whoo! drinking some herbs to also help my throat before hopefully passing out; the coughing has subsided.

i drink St. John's Wort in tea (tisane) form to manage my anxiety and depression. i'm leery of drugs in general, but seeing as how the SJW has had a tangible effect in helping with my brain problems, i'm now a little more open to them. thus, the Nyquil for this bacterial pharyngitis. and azithromycin. and Theraflu. still nervous about depression and anxiety drugs with a longer half-life, though.

anyway, i'd recommend St. John's Wort.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Gawker just posted an article on how to do whip-its if you or a loved one feel like having a new vice...

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Not on Dayquil today because I wanna go out drinking later. I'd rather be drunk and stuffed up than sober and clear on a Friday night.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    Butters wrote:
    Not on Dayquil today because I wanna go out drinking later. I'd rather be drunk and stuffed up than sober and clear on a Friday night.

Gin when I'm sick always helps me feel better for some reason.

I self medicated with soda for awhile
    Still kinda do, but not nearly as much.

• LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    20mg of viibryd daily, works a shitload better than zoloft without ruining my GI

Also 2.5g testosterone gel daily because as a 27 year old male I have the levels of an 87 year old male thereabouts

stupid nuts

Ledneh on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    sometimes i take ibuprofen if i have a headache

I'm so high on naproxen right now

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    oh also i regularly abuse promethazine

skettios wrote:
    @joshofalltrades @tossrock

When I was initially diagnosed, I did a very similar process. However, they had me do more of a background test. Had to provide copies of report cards from way back when in addition to the questionairres.
    I like to think that because of me, my doc now believes in adult adhd.. that it's not just a thing that goes away.

Just gotta do it.

Yeah I know. I mean even right now I sat down and had an awesome chord progression in my head for a song, wrote it down and was all fired up to write some lyrics to go with it, because I've had words buzzing in my head all day for it. Then I sat there and stared blankly at the sheet with the chords for about 3 minutes and had to really fight the urge to do something else immediately. Now I'm posting on here. All the words that are there when I'm not thinking about it disappear when I try to write anything pithy and substantial.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I'm on 50 mg of Pristiq daily and have been for the past... 5 months? It has been good for me. I've always figured I had a wee bit of ADD since high school. Is there a way to seriously diagnose it besides the questionnaires I've done? I always feel like I'm lying whenever I fill out a questionnaire.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    I'm going to start on Zoloft soon.

Not really looking forward to it.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    smoke weed erry day

The only thing I smoke is fools like you on the b-ball court

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

i thought you usually did that behind the olive garden?

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Skull Man wrote:
    I take 50 MG of adderall every day, 20-20-10

You let me know when you step it up to Concerta like a big boy

(I'm actually about to see about switching to Vivance, Concerta's been giving me some shitty side-effects lately)

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm stuffed up so I took a Halls

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Keith wrote:

For you I'll buy you breadsticks first 8->

Keith wrote:
    Keith wrote:

For you I'll buy you breadsticks first 8->

you treat me right. <3

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    But the breadsticks are free

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I'm high on life yo

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Skull Man wrote:
    I take 50 MG of adderall every day, 20-20-10

You let me know when you step it up to Concerta like a big boy

(I'm actually about to see about switching to Vivance, Concerta's been giving me some shitty side-effects lately)

I used to take concerta

you know adderall is just concerta but not time-release, right, and better

This discussion has been closed.