As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about drugs, baby

• Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    It may have combined with my mild narcolepsy to make the drowsiness way worse, but not sure. I left a message with my doc to see if I could switch to something else that isn't as bad.

• George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Stupid goddamn allergies are ruining my ability to breathe.

Gotta pick up some Allergy Drugs tomorrow but I'm making due with dayquil for now.

• blixaphonicsblixaphonics the french champagne Registered User regular
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    100 mg Trazodone.

yeeesh... coulda been worse i suppose. coulda be 100mg of seroquel. :P

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Have you guys heard about

Scramp

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Is it anything like jenkem? Cuz I gotta get mah jenk on.

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    trazadone makes me feel extremely weird and doesn't actually seem to do much for sleeping

i dunno if it does stuff like that but it's defintely an exceedingly unpleasant drug. the best sleepin' pill, in my experience, are straight up unisoms. unless you wanna take antipsychotics and sleep like a rock for 16 hours.

yep hello this is me

or it was before i got sick of sleeping forever and feeling like a zombie afterward.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i never take sleepin' pills unless i've been taking adderall or something, and unisom always knocks me out despite that

also i'm thinking about taking bong hits and getting some beefy five layers, good idea y/n

reposig.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i don't think i've ever heard a better idea

i'm having a panicky day and i have a presentation in like two hours so i'm gonna blow through the presentation and reward myself with these two valium and just chill out through my french cinema class

lfYVHTd.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    That is a glorious idea

Good luck swordfights I'm sure you'll do fine!

I'm just chilling with my two bros and I feels great playing downhill domination this is so silly

icGJy2C.png
  • HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    So Wellbutrin and adderal didn't have any sort of effect at all so now I'm on day 4 of Ritalin. Still don't feel any different. Am...am I Wolverine?

Up the dose! :P

girl.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    that's probably something his doctor should look into before he starts independently web MD'ing safe dosages and shit

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Seriously.

BLM - ACAB
    wait nah what am I saying pill juice that shit

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    if you're a kinda big guy or you have a particularly fast metabolism it's possible the doc didn't account for that properly

because i've never heard of someone not being affected by amphetamines at an above-threshold dose

reposig.jpg
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Have you guys heard about

Scramp

No but my mother has and she is terrified

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
    edited May 2012
    if you're a kinda big guy or you have a particularly fast metabolism it's possible the doc didn't account for that properly

because i've never heard of someone not being affected by amphetamines at an above-threshold dose

yeah that does seem weird

weird enough that, if it was me, I wait on what the doc has to say

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    shouldn't even be possible, i think? he probably just didn't dose you right, or maybe you have a brain superpower that makes you resistant to speed

the only way to find out is for geek to smoke a shitload of meth

reposig.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Racing llamas down a mountain

This game

icGJy2C.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    blah

my insurance provider has suddenly decided that it won't cover adult ADHD medication, as a rule

so now i can't try and fill my adderall until i go back to my doctor and, i guess, take a more exhaustive ADHD exam and he sends in all the paperwork to make the argument that it's medically necessary

this is lame, worst case is i guess that i stop taking the XR altogether and try to scrape together the cash every month for a generic tablet

Organichu on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Geek what dosages did you try of d-amphetamine (Adderall)?

My guess would be they put you on like, 5-10mg/day and you didn't feel anything so they moved on

if you weren't feeling anything at, say, 40mg, well that is straight bullshit

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    Organichu wrote: »
    blah

my insurance provider has suddenly decided that it won't cover adult ADHD medication, as a rule

so now i can't try and fill my adderall until i go back to my doctor and, i guess, take a more exhaustive ADHD exam and he sends in all the paperwork to make the argument that it's medically necessary

this is lame, worst case is i guess that i stop taking the XR altogether and try to scrape together the cash every month for a generic tablet

i say this to everyone i know whenever stuff like this comes up, esp. during the adderall shortage

maybe this is a sign to consider living life without hardcore stimulants for everything.

note i'm not calling you out or anything, man, just hearing people worry about not being able to get their speed pills always bugs me

reposig.jpg
    yeah, the idea of doing amphetamine on the daily is kind of terrifying

sig.png
    edited May 2012
    blah

i say this to everyone i know whenever stuff like this comes up, esp. during the adderall shortage

maybe this is a sign to consider living life without hardcore stimulants for everything.

note i'm not calling you out or anything, man, just hearing people worry about not being able to get their speed pills always bugs me

the concept of amphetamines being prescribed to people TERRIFIES me. like, yeah, i had trouble concentrating as a kid and shit too. definitely wasn't about to get my ass on adderal or something...

though y'know, as someone who takes benzos occasionally i'm really in no position to talk. uppers in general just make me go ughhhhhh, but whatever helps you function in the real world, i suppose.

blixaphonics on
    blah

fwiw this was a major concern of mine going in. i had no intention of being prescribed anything. after getting a cat scan, my GP finally referred me to a psychiatrist who suggested the diagnosis. if anything i had to be talked into looking at amphetamines.

i don't take adderall when i'm sick or on the weekends to party or to cope with social anxiety or anything. it's something i do because i had symptoms that made me a shitty and quasi-useless person, and those are alleviated when i'm on adderall.

but sure, i've given it some thought. insofar as it's possible to have a good grip on a substance that has effects as dramatic as these, i don't feel especially unhealthy in how i view them.

i'm trying to think of a noncontroversial way to say i think amphetamines are unnecessary

because it makes me really sad people are being told they can't function without them. i'm not denigrating ADD or anything, but i know plenty of people who have been on adderall since they were kids and they're literally junkies, growth probably stunted, a little psychosis from all the stimulants, and it's just so goddamn sad

because i feel like with the right prompting and context and stuff they could have become productive normal folk without hard-ass drugs

don't wanna offend anyone or diminish the difficulty of ADD, but doctors are really quick to diagnose it and solve problems with stimulants and it's a pretty awful precedent and i just wanna reccomend nobody take an script for that unless you genuinely cannot do anything without them period

reposig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    edit: what the

super duper wrong thread

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    blah

fwiw this was a major concern of mine going in. i had no intention of being prescribed anything. after getting a cat scan, my GP finally referred me to a psychiatrist who suggested the diagnosis. if anything i had to be talked into looking at amphetamines.

i don't take adderall when i'm sick or on the weekends to party or to cope with social anxiety or anything. it's something i do because i had symptoms that made me a shitty and quasi-useless person, and those are alleviated when i'm on adderall.

but sure, i've given it some thought. insofar as it's possible to have a good grip on a substance that has effects as dramatic as these, i don't feel especially unhealthy in how i view them.

awesome, man

i believe that is a totes reasonable way to handle it. shucks i take amphetamines like twice a month myself for random reasons. i mostly object to the way some people get addicted / falsely believe it's deffo a good thing, because the doctor did it!

reposig.jpg
    blah

awesome, man

i believe that is a totes reasonable way to handle it. shucks i take amphetamines like twice a month myself for random reasons. i mostly object to the way some people get addicted / falsely believe it's deffo a good thing, because the doctor did it!

right. i have a buddy who spends a ridiculous amount of time pruning his diagnosis and trying to self-medicate and figure out which thing fits him best, and all. it's more than a little creepy and self-satisfied, to me.

for my part, i don't really 'own' my diagnosis. it's not something i'm ok with, and it's not something that provided me relief. i didn't hear 'you have this condition' and go sweet, now i have a reason for being a dummy! the optimal solution for me is to not feel cognitively impaired. i am trying to get there by conditioning my environment- i'm going back to school, i'm choosing a cerebral career path, etc.

hopefully i will kind of fake it until i make it. being a productive person without medication would be awesome to me, although i am not sure how realistic it is.

• Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    My Zoloft finally started kicking in about a week ago.

It's really weird not to be sad, hateful, and angry at the whole world everyday any more.

Im not saying that I miss it. Being "happy" is fucking awesome. I guess this is what normal people feel like?

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Pills scare me and I'm glad I'm not on any. Even if I am horrendously absent-minded at the best of times, I don't want an addictive "miracle cure" for that.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    There is a very, very long history of substance abuse and addiction in my family, as well as depression and suicide, so I've always been very careful to avoid addictive substances, especially pills. Pain pills destroyed my father's body, and made one of the strongest people I know into a junkie for a long time. Pills scare me.

Especially since I have a really addictive personality. Like, cigarettes for example? I straight up will like flip the fuck out if I have to go more than a few hours without one.

• nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    @I win Swordfights / @Tommy2Hands

Start date is July 9.
    Probably leaving/moving July 1.

Time's a-wastin', gents.
    Lets plan some hangouts!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • existexist Registered User regular
    There is a very, very long history of substance abuse and addiction in my family, as well as depression and suicide, so I've always been very careful to avoid addictive substances, especially pills. Pain pills destroyed my father's body, and made one of the strongest people I know into a junkie for a long time. Pills scare me.

Especially since I have a really addictive personality. Like, cigarettes for example? I straight up will like flip the fuck out if I have to go more than a few hours without one.

doin a great job avoiding addictive substances btw

UmPiq.png
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    One time my friend had an amazing idea,

this idea amounted to him taking prescription amphetamines, and then fixating his newfound cognitive abilities on smoking weed.

"I would be sitting there and my brain would just be like 'YO. GET. REALLY REALLY HIGH.' So I fucking smoked a ton."
    "Jesus dude did you do anything else when you were on that shit or?"
    "No. Just smoked. A load of weed. So much weed."

ahahahaha

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • existexist Registered User regular
    MyEIA.jpg

UmPiq.png
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    SPEED WEED

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Seriously

that's really his name?

man, his parents...

edited May 2012
    WOW. just wow.

sounds like a villain in a jean-claude van damme movie or something.

blixaphonics on
This discussion has been closed.