As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Hot Gates ("300" Movie Thread)

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Borfase wrote: »
    Jesus. Shut up. Talk about 300 you dumb faggot.

300 was good; I enjoyed it.

Are you done being threatening yet, or do you want me to cower in awe of your internet geek-cred some more?

If so, I'll have to dissapoint you with the simple statemnet that you are a little dipshit with no class, taste, patience, manners, sex-life, or concept of proper hygiene. So, if I may respectfully suggest, why don't you go and play hide-and-go-fuck-yourself for a bit? I'm tired of you trying to get shit started with the one person who was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt about your asshole tendencies and you've only said one nasty thing to me.

Darth Waiter on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    How Borfase flirts on the forums is kinda weird, you know?

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh like anyone cares what you think anyway.

ahahah irony

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, I totally didn't recognize WaM, with the new av. I was all, "Who is this dude, and why did he steal WaM's sig?"

naporeon on
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007

300 was good; I enjoyed it.

Are you done being threatening yet, or do you want me to cower in awe of your internet geek-cred some more?

If so, I'll have to dissapoint you with the simple statemnet that you are a little dipshit with no class, taste, patience, manners, sex-life, or concept of proper hygiene. So, if I may respectfully suggest, why don't you go and play hide-and-go-fuck-yourself for a bit? I'm tired of you trying to get shit started with the one person who was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt about your asshole tendencies and you've only said one nasty thing to me.

Yeah, 300 was really awesome.

...You stupid faggot.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA
    SPARTA

Raneados on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Weaver on
    edited March 2007
    Weaver.

Man.

h5

naporeon on
  • LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So I am waiting for borfase to talk about 300, you guys

since he wants it so bad to get back on topic

Borface? Make a constructive contribution to this forum? Maybe when hell freezes over.

Lardalish on
    edited March 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Weaver.

Man.

h5

I was getting bored over in left field.

Weaver on
    edited March 2007
    GODDAMNIT PEOPLE STOP FEEDING THE GODDAMNED TROLLS

I mean, I just have him on my ignore list, and try to avoid typing his name whenever possible.

It works wonders.

naporeon on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hi, naporeon.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited March 2007
    Hi, naporeon.
    Who are you, and why have you stolen WaM's sig?

naporeon on
    edited March 2007
    Bogey wrote: »
    How Borfase flirts on the forums is kinda weird, you know?

My form of "flirting" involves bashing my potential mate over the head with a rock and then raping her unconscious body.

Borfase on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, that sucks. Want to rebound together? :winky:

Can we talk about A Song of Ice and Fire all the time? We could discuss Yeats as well, if you're up for it.

Have you read and did you greatly enjoy any Zelazny? I'm trying to determine if I can trust your opinion of ASoIaF before I decide to start reading it.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007
    TFS you have been advanced to Aspiring Champion

you may now select from your racial armoury

Weaver on
  • AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    I saw this like 2 days ago and totally spartakicked many things afterwards

I spartakicked the theater doors open after the movie. Some guy moppin the floors was like "Fuck you watched 300 didn't you?"

I was like, "Eat shit, persian", Then I stabbed him in the chest

AHH! on
    edited March 2007
    On my way home from the University campus today, I was blaring the 300 soundtrack from my shitty Tempo, windows down.

There was a group of chatty sophist bitches; you know the type. Fluffy boots, oranged make-up skin, slightly teased hair, cellphones, bubble gum, and enough lip gloss to glaze a holiday ham.

Returns a King (track 4, for those who are curious) began to play, heralding my approach. These snooty bitches were congregated right in the centre of the parking lot, proving a hindrance to my leaving. The clouds seemed to part, and Zeus himself shone light upon a massive puddle, directly adjacent to said bitches. Time slowed. My wheels seemed to spin in place as I brought my mighty Ford chariot around the bend, as the chorus reached full timbre. A crescendo of sound and screams mingled into one shining moment as a tidal wave of dirty water was brought down upon their ranks. They were bested and shamed, reduced to the true filth that they were beneath their lacquered appearances. Heads turned; onlookers gawked.

My mighty Spartan laughter echoed from within my vehicle as I sped away, roaring in amusement.

Is the soundtrack all that orchestral shit or is it more awesome stuff like NIN?

Borfase on
  • babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TFS can do whatever he wants to whomever he wants for no reason because only TFS can give birth to Spartan Men.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
    edited March 2007
    Druhim wrote: »

Can we talk about A Song of Ice and Fire all the time? We could discuss Yeats as well, if you're up for it.

Have you read and did you greatly enjoy any Zelazny? I'm trying to determine if I can trust your opinion of ASoIaF before I decide to start reading it.

If I may
    I read the giant Amber book, and I thought it was amazing. If that therefore disqualifies my opinion on fantasy, so be it.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited March 2007
    "Sophist" used to be my handle.

Like, way back.

When we called the internet "smoke signals."

naporeon on
    edited March 2007
    Hi, naporeon.

gosh why are you such an avatar nazi

If it's not the saint, it's not good enough

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
    edited March 2007

Isn't there something large and cylindrical you should be shoving in your mouth fuckwad?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2007

Isn't there something large and cylindrical you should be shoving in your mouth fuckwad?

Hi Dave!

Borfase on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    On my way home from the University campus today, I was blaring the 300 soundtrack from my shitty Tempo, windows down.

There was a group of chatty sophist bitches; you know the type. Fluffy boots, oranged make-up skin, slightly teased hair, cellphones, bubble gum, and enough lip gloss to glaze a holiday ham.

Returns a King (track 4, for those who are curious) began to play, heralding my approach. These snooty bitches were congregated right in the centre of the parking lot, proving a hindrance to my leaving. The clouds seemed to part, and Zeus himself shone light upon a massive puddle, directly adjacent to said bitches. Time slowed. My wheels seemed to spin in place as I brought my mighty Ford chariot around the bend, as the chorus reached full timbre. A crescendo of sound and screams mingled into one shining moment as a tidal wave of dirty water was brought down upon their ranks. They were bested and shamed, reduced to the true filth that they were beneath their lacquered appearances. Heads turned; onlookers gawked.

My mighty Spartan laughter echoed from within my vehicle as I sped away, roaring in amusement.

That is excellent

Sars_Boy on
    edited March 2007

If I may
    I read the giant Amber book, and I thought it was amazing. If that therefore disqualifies my opinion on fantasy, so be it.

Both of these are now in my to-do list. Thank you both.

Sup, Nappy; how do you look without the beard?

Darth Waiter on
    edited March 2007
    Hi, naporeon.

gosh why are you such an avatar nazi

If it's not the saint, it's not good enough
    Man, Saint of Killers is just about the coolest cat in the world. And he worked so well with the Johnny Cash sig.

That said, I liked the MST3K av. For me, it's much less a "Joel vs Mike" thing as it is a "Dr Forrester & TV's Frank vs Pearl" thing.

naporeon on
    edited March 2007
    Sup, Nappy; how do you look without the beard?
    I'm still on page 1 at PA Cams. Go have a look.

In a word, though: DELICIOUS.

naporeon on
    edited March 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited March 2007
    Man, Saint of Killers is just about the coolest cat in the world. And he worked so well with the Johnny Cash sig.

That said, I liked the MST3K av. For me, it's much less a "Joel vs Mike" thing as it is a "Dr Forrester & TV's Frank vs Pearl" thing.

When I find a Saint image that works well as a 64-pixel square, I'll go back to him. The one I had just bugged me.

Pearl had nothing on those guys.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Far Side we're PA cam brothers

I love you

and not in a heterosexual way

AHH! on
    edited March 2007
    TFS: Did you go to Sbarro and celebrate with a victory calzone afterwards?

Bogey on
    edited March 2007
    In a word, though: TASTYMORSEL.

Darth Waiter on
    edited March 2007

When I find a Saint image that works well as a 64-pixel square, I'll go back to him. The one I had just bugged me.

Pearl had nothing on those guys.
    Oh, I understand...I suppose. Saint has a sort of long face.

Maybe we can get someone else to switch to Arseface.

Also, RE: Pearl...thank you.

naporeon on
    edited March 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited March 2007

If I may

No, see Zelazny was one of my favorite authors. Shame he died before completing the Amber series but I would highly recommend you pick up some of his short story anthologies. He really has a gift for short story telling. I highly recommend the book, "The Doors of His Face, The Lamp of His Mouth" Some great short stories in there including one of my all time favorite short stories, A Rose For Ecclesiastes.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    i would like to thank this thread for giving me great ideas on what to pick up on my next trip to B&N.

Aretè on
    edited March 2007
    Aretè wrote: »
    i would like to thank this thread for giving me great ideas on what to pick up on my next trip to B&N.
    Gates of Fire by Stephen Pressfield!

Bogey on
    edited March 2007
    Also, Saint of Killers is indeed a badass and I LOVED the one shot "Ancient History" that showed how SoK became who he is.

However, my heart will always remain true to Jack Knight.
    *sigh*

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.