As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How to get thicker skin (girlzes)

tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so yeah...its me again...wow, im like popular here huh? Same girl, go check previous threads by me if you wish to know more...good reads IMO.

Weve been good...real good lately....neither of us have been happier...except...her b-day is coming up. Now, i dont know if i mentioned this in any of my earlier threads, but one of her friends from Alabama (who has never met her before) wanted to buy a plane ticket (300-400 bucks) to see her for a few days. This was back in early February. He bought the ticket without talking to me, and the flight was scheduled for a week later. I come home, and see the flight info that she wrote down, and asked her about it...SURPRISE LOL!

....yeah, surprise. i tell her to tell him to cancel the ticket. No way in hell im going to have that because this is the guy who said he wanted to be with her, and was waiting for us to break up so he can have her....yeah, thats the type of guy this is.

So anyway, he cancels it. i call him up and explain to him why i wanted him to cancel it, so i didnt seem like an asshole. This guy has been her online friend for a while, so i figure, if she goes to him all the time that i should befriend him so that way things are awkward anymore. Maybe then he will notice that im treating her good, and that he wont think that he has a chance with her. Things like that go through my head a lot.

So anyway, we keep going, and like 3 days later, she tells me "by the way, hes going to come down here for my birthday even if he has to sleep outside"

err, wait what? Ok, so i pay all of the bills for my apartment, and this guy wants to come down, spend all of his money (since he lives with parents) on a plane ticket to come see his "friend" who is NOT single just for a few days. and on top of it all, he wants to do it so badly, he will sleep outside?

So again, instead of me being a dick about it...i said...aight, lets try this. Come down on thursday evening. ill take friday off from work, and you can leave monday morning. That way i only miss 1 day of work. So, he said ok, and i said ok...regrettably.

So it was set...or was it? See, since then, her other online friends have been talking to her a lot...which yanno is fine. But this is where my thread title comes into play:

Her friends, plus this guy, seem to hit on her A LOT. now, of course...i mean of-fucking-course...she plays WoW with them ALL DAY and has a very very sexy/cute voice...it will sway any guy to like her. She does not flirt with them, nor give them any sense of "yeah, im single, come fuck me"....but thats not the point....look at the demographic behind WoW...its teenage horny kids. At any rate, i built her a computer so we can both play...her monitor is next to mine...i see what people tell her.

One of her friends said something like "yeah, you wish i was stalking you...mmm.." and she replied "lol shut up". and this Alabama dude said "yeah, id cheat on her, but only for you" on the phone, while it was on speaker phone (oops, busted). Another dude said "i missed talking to you all the time...i can never say bye, i just want to talk to you all night"

see? shit like that gets under my skin, hardcore....and i let it show...which is why she told the Alabama dude to not buy the ticket, AGAIN. i didnt know until today....and then her and i had a discussion about me, her, and other guys...aka her "friends".

i went on to tell her that any friend of mine who was a girl, i never said that kind of shit to...unless they were single. I have a lot of respect for people in relationships, i dont want to fuck a relationship over...ever.

So, my question: how do i not let this shit get to me? Guys hit on her all the time, but i know she doesnt instigate it. She just comes off as one of those girls that everyone wants. How do i shrug it off and ignore it? or...do i?

tl;dr: guys hit on my current girlfriend constantly, and mostly just over the internet. Some try to make it a RL connection. How do i ignore it, or how do i get HER to realize it is making me uncomfortable without being too irrational?

Taterskin wrote: »
You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
Her: "No, I can't"
You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
tuscloud311 on
«134

Posts

  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Break up with her. Your relationship isn't going anywhere. These are all symptoms of the fact that she's an emotional leech and a mooch, who has no actual interest in you outside of the fact that you'll pay for everything for her, so she can sit on her ass and play WoW all day.

    Thanatos on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't know if it's really a matter of you needing thicker skin. The things these guys say to her are, in my opinion, inappropriate. They should not be saying that they would cheat on their girlfriends with her and/or buying airline tickets to come out and see her and stay at the apartment you pay all the rent on.

    The way you should get her to understand that this stuff makes you uncomfortable is by just flat out being honest with her and saying it to her face. Tell her that the things you hear these guys say is not cool with you and they should not be saying these things to a girl with a boyfriend who she lives with.

    P.S How did the speeding ticket thing go?

    P.P.S. Thanatos is right.

    Marathon on
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Hey Than, whats up...

    but see, thats the thing is that it is going somewhere....but im not trying to put the focus on that, im putting the focus on me. Is it normal for me to say this kind of stuff, is it normal to feel this, am i over-reacting?

    please dont make the focus on her or "us", but moreso on me...this could happen to anyone.

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    P.S How did the speeding ticket thing go?

    Ah the ticket...yeah, i talked to her Dad...he said he would pay for it, no strings attached. Hes a cool guy it seems.

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Break up with this girl.

    saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    WTB explainations....

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Marathon is right, this isn't about "getting thicker skin" at all. If you keep having to come back here seeking advice about fixing things in your relationship, that's probably a good sign that you need to get out of it. You've obviously expressed you don't like the way she handles this kind of shit, yet she does nothing to fix it, and you keep putting up with it.

    I'm really amazed that you didn't listen to everyone in the last thread.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    meh, do you guys realize how frustrating it is to be in a relationship like this? and by "like this" i mean...like this:

    We were fine..happy...normal, loving...no problems....then something RETARDED shows itself. and it becomes a problem...i go to you guys, you tell me to bail out of it....then what little help i recieve (advice is different) i take, and we overcome it, and we are happy again...it never comes up again....then again, something dumb...

    hey, i could easily sit here and tell you my entire relationship with her, and you guys would see why im still in it, but i come here for problems, not to gloat about my happiness.

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You've got a few options.

    1. Break up because she's putting such a strain on the relationship and attempting to get everything she wants, regardless of what it is...and most importantly expects it.

    2. Honestly ask her what her expectations are out of your relationship and if she realizes how you feel sleeping near some guy who openly wants to be in a relationship with her, and more importantly that she's so willing to be with him.

    3. Let him come. Wait for him to make a move, punch him in the face, grab your crotch, point to her and say "this is mine. now gtfo" She'll probably bone you on the spot for your masculinity. Especially if you draw blood in one shot.

    4. Let him come. Deal. Continue with the relationship.

    (Edit: How old are both of you?)

    DasUberEdward on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    WTB explainations....

    She is an emotional leech in the fact that she not only gets attention from you and plays on your emotions by talking with her ex-boyfriend, she also has several guys that she met online that very openly flirt with her. She feeds off of this type of attention it would seem. You tell her it bothers you and yet she does nothing to stop those other guys from doing it. She should care about your feelings more and tell these other dudes to knock that shit off.

    Shes also a financial drain on you. She lives with you, rent free, and pays none of the bills and also does not even have a job. You put in all the work in this relationship and she sits back and reaps the rewards.

    She may be nice, but the way you are treated in this situation is unfair.

    Marathon on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    I don't think there's any advice anyone here can give you that will help. Particularly given that you've ignored all of the rest of the advice people have given you. You're dead-set on keeping yourself in an destructive relationship. I'm not going to call you names or yell at you or anything because my smoking habit is no different, aside from the destruction taking longer to manifest.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    She may be nice, but the way you are treated in this situation is unfair.

    Yes, thats my problem....i want to be with her. She tries, she tries very very hard, and i see it. im not ignorant, i actually see it. I see that she wants to be with me, and i KNOW she is trying to get this uncomfortable...ness....out of me.

    Maybe thats why i keep holding on, is because i see her trying and to be honest...most of the time it seems like we actually get somewhere and we move on. never to see it again...learning if you will.

    But yeah, she does treat me like im nothing, unintentionally is what im thinking, only because her past relationships were complete crap, and her ex-boyfriend allowed this kind of behavior from her....and look what happened. she hooked up with some dude (me) from an on-line game....

    oh, thats another reason why im uncomfortable with it...is because this is the exact way WE became a couple.

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • edited February 2007
    Marathon wrote: »
    She may be nice, but the way you are treated in this situation is unfair.

    Yes, thats my problem....i want to be with her. She tries, she tries very very hard, and i see it. im not ignorant, i actually see it. I see that she wants to be with me, and i KNOW she is trying to get this uncomfortable...ness....out of me.

    Maybe thats why i keep holding on, is because i see her trying and to be honest...most of the time it seems like we actually get somewhere and we move on. never to see it again...learning if you will.

    But yeah, she does treat me like im nothing, unintentionally is what im thinking, only because her past relationships were complete crap, and her ex-boyfriend allowed this kind of behavior from her....and look what happened. she hooked up with some dude (me) from an on-line game....

    oh, thats another reason why im uncomfortable with it...is because this is the exact way WE became a couple.

    There is a good chance (not a certainty, but a pretty good chance) that if she did it to him, she will do it to you. Bear that in mind.

    DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    There is a good chance (not a certainty, but a pretty good chance) that if she did it to him, she will do it to you. Bear that in mind.

    yup, which is why im on the defense all the time....I shouldnt feel defensive in a relationship, i know.

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Let me explain to you why she is in fact not trying at all when it counts.

    You say these various guys flirt with her openly, and she does nothing in response except maybe laugh it off. Just by not discouraging that kind of thing, she is in fact encouraging it to occur that much more often. If she's not making it clear that the attention is unwanted, it will continue on, so you're kidding yourself when you say she is trying to make you more comfortable.

    I don't know how to make it any clearer to you, but you're getting nothing positive out of this relationship. All she is doing is giving you grief and hurting your financial situation.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited February 2007
    DaySleeper wrote: »
    There is a good chance (not a certainty, but a pretty good chance) that if she did it to him, she will do it to you. Bear that in mind.

    yup, which is why im on the defense all the time....I shouldnt feel defensive in a relationship, i know.

    The reason that everybody is giving you advice to break up with her is because you have posted what, 3 or 4 major issue threads in the last perhaps 3 months. I would guess that we genuinely wish you happiness and don't think that your continued relationship with this girl is a good idea or even healthy.

    DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    meh, do you guys realize how frustrating it is to be in a relationship like this? and by "like this" i mean...like this:

    We were fine..happy...normal, loving...no problems....then something RETARDED shows itself. and it becomes a problem...i go to you guys, you tell me to bail out of it....then what little help i recieve (advice is different) i take, and we overcome it, and we are happy again...it never comes up again....then again, something dumb...

    hey, i could easily sit here and tell you my entire relationship with her, and you guys would see why im still in it, but i come here for problems, not to gloat about my happiness.
    Oh, so, she's gotten a job now? And she's decided that she enjoys doing things other than playing WoW?

    Or did she and you just manage to talk her dad into bailing her out of her own fuckup, so she doesn't have to get a job, and you're still enabling her in her WoW addiction?

    Thanatos on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    WTB explainations....

    scroll up, sir.

    DasUberEdward on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Your girlfriend is allowing herself to be kept in an environment in which she is constantly harassed. I'm a girl who plays WoW, and yes, I talk on Vent and show a picture or two, and I don't get anything near the level of harassment your girlfriend gets. She is goading them on.

    In response to 'you wish I was stalking you' all she says is 'lol shut up'?

    She is trying to make you jealous.

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Oh, so, she's gotten a job now? And she's decided that she enjoys doing things other than playing WoW?


    actually, she has been applying to several jobs, and has asked my dad's GF to get her in...Were fixing her Resume and submitting it by this weekend.

    Shes always enjoyed doing other things...when i get home from work, she wants to go do something, go on a date...just her and i. she hates playing on it all day...also, with her lisense suspended..its kind of hard for her to drive around.

    Also, i didnt "convince" her dad to pay it...he was going to pay it regardless. he just wanted to see his daughter again. understandable in every way.

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've honestly never heard of someone in a relationship who feels comfortable with their SO having a flirtatious rival visit. It sounds like their original plan was to hang out while you were at work for part of the time. You say you don't want to be the asshole, but in this case you need to be a total dick. Scratch that, you need to be the only rational person in this scenario. If he really wants to visit he can get a hotel room or find another friend to stay with. You can all go to Applebees or Damons or something. If he's going to stay with you, you have to let him know in plain english that you will bodily remove him from your home if there's any hanky-panky. (lol)

    But seriously, given your girlfriends history and personality, letting this go down is pretty ridiculous.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sorry to tell you this, but no straight male talks to a girl he has never met on the phone without ulterior motives. That you allow this behavior just gives her another outlet in which to make you jealous.

    She's an attention whore, and not in a good way. I'd even go so far as to say it doesn't sound like she is capable of having a serious relationship if she acts the way you are describing.

    Girls that really care about their current relationship don't think other guys flirting with them is cute, funny, or entertaining in any way. Just the fact that you had to tell her to not invite another man to fly out to see her should be a pretty big fucking lightbulb going on in your head right about now.

    Get out now. This is not a healthy relationship, and I doubt she is capable of even having one.

    Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Break up with this girl immediately.


    You aren't going to grow up and marry and have babies with this girl. She doesn't give 2 shits about you.


    Christ man, how could you be so blind. She has absolutely 0 problems with allowing some guy to fly $500 worth of Air Travel just to see her.

    This guy could be a felon, a killer, a rapist, a thief, a bitch, a bastard, an HIV patient. God.

    My hands are trembling with rage.

    Obs on
  • ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    Man I wish Thant didn't tell me not to be a misoginist anymore... I love these kinda threads so much.

    ApolloTreatingYou on
    no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Your girlfriend's WoW character isn't named Siliana is it?

    Either way this chick is horrible, openly flirting with people to get you jealous and using you for everything else. She must be a damn good prostitute to put up with this much garbage.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What, tuscloud's back again?


    I honestly think that nothing's ever gonna get through to this guy. You fellas can keep fighting the good fight but I doubt it'll make any real difference seeing as he's already got three strikes against him.

    Godfather on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Break up with her.
    Marathon wrote: »
    P.P.S. Thanatos is right.
    saltiness wrote: »
    Break up with this girl.
    Iroh wrote: »
    I'm really amazed that you didn't listen to everyone in the last thread.
    1. Break up because she's putting such a strain on the relationship and attempting to get everything she wants, regardless of what it is...and most importantly expects it.
    Marathon wrote: »
    She is an emotional leech in the fact that she not only gets attention from you and plays on your emotions by talking with her ex-boyfriend, she also has several guys that she met online that very openly flirt with her. She feeds off of this type of attention it would seem. You tell her it bothers you and yet she does nothing to stop those other guys from doing it. She should care about your feelings more and tell these other dudes to knock that shit off.

    Shes also a financial drain on you. She lives with you, rent free, and pays none of the bills and also does not even have a job. You put in all the work in this relationship and she sits back and reaps the rewards.

    She may be nice, but the way you are treated in this situation is unfair.
    I don't think there's any advice anyone here can give you that will help. Particularly given that you've ignored all of the rest of the advice people have given you.
    Obs wrote: »
    Break up with this girl immediately.


    NEVER HAS ANY INTERNET DISCUSSION HAD THIS MUCH AGREEMENT!

    Dont make me get the quotes from the 4 other threads about how psycho chick is screwing you over. Your skin is already way to thick, and this girl is no good. You will do much better without her.

    CangoFett on
  • King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fuck it, I'll say it...

    Getting head while playing WoW is not worth this. Honestly, this whole situation is so fucking reatarded I can't believe you are still with her.

    Basicallly you are her personal bitch. Look at the thread title for fucks sake "hey how can I learn to deal with the fact every month my girlfirend has another guy she wants to go hang out with when I'm not around"

    Seriously let her the fuck go and move on or buy a nice sound system so you can turn it all the way up when she's fucking one of her WoW friends in your bed.

    Cut it the fuck loose already.

    (Sorry for all the cursing but this whole situation fucking baffles me)

    King Kong on
  • ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    CangoFett wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Break up with her.
    Marathon wrote: »
    P.P.S. Thanatos is right.
    saltiness wrote: »
    Break up with this girl.
    Iroh wrote: »
    I'm really amazed that you didn't listen to everyone in the last thread.
    1. Break up because she's putting such a strain on the relationship and attempting to get everything she wants, regardless of what it is...and most importantly expects it.
    Marathon wrote: »
    She is an emotional leech in the fact that she not only gets attention from you and plays on your emotions by talking with her ex-boyfriend, she also has several guys that she met online that very openly flirt with her. She feeds off of this type of attention it would seem. You tell her it bothers you and yet she does nothing to stop those other guys from doing it. She should care about your feelings more and tell these other dudes to knock that shit off.

    Shes also a financial drain on you. She lives with you, rent free, and pays none of the bills and also does not even have a job. You put in all the work in this relationship and she sits back and reaps the rewards.

    She may be nice, but the way you are treated in this situation is unfair.
    I don't think there's any advice anyone here can give you that will help. Particularly given that you've ignored all of the rest of the advice people have given you.
    Obs wrote: »
    Break up with this girl immediately.


    NEVER HAS ANY INTERNET DISCUSSION HAD THIS MUCH AGREEMENT!

    Dont make me get the quotes from the 4 other threads about how psycho chick is screwing you over. Your skin is already way to thick, and this girl is no good. You will do much better without her.

    It'd be nice to see those quotes again. Anybody have a link to the thread?

    Oh god this is the same guy who's girlfriend FORCED him to pay HER 800 dollar speeding ticket. Oh god

    Obs on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Actually wait. This is a grand opportunity for the rest of us. I think by thick skin you mean how can you learn to accept a girl who walks all over you and holds very little sacred in your relationship. Easy, heavy drinking and a lot of self loathing. In fact, why not fly her out to PAX alone so she can make more new awesome friends while you pay for the expenses.

    Compromise dude, a relationship should be mutual.

    DasUberEdward on
  • LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I was going to post a ton of quotes from the previous threads but then I realized it would be just a huge wast of time and effort, tuscloud, you are a glutton for punishment.

    ok....I will try to keep this simple


    1. She left her previous boyfriend because she fell in love with your WoW char....(warning signs anybody?)

    2. From what I understood she basically moved in with you right away

    3. She needs you to support her, she does not have any money.

    4. I don't think you have told us anything positive about her personality, except for the fact that she is a good fuck.

    5. She keeps on flirting with other guys on WoW and does not see anything wrong with letting a guy that obviously wants to bang her fly over to meet her at YOUR place.


    OK, care to imagine what will happen when she meets a guy on WoW who has more money than you and is willing to support her?

    Librarian on
    Brad R. Torgersen says:

    Librarian,

    Go read what I said about not arguing with third graders.
  • edited February 2007
    Librarian wrote: »
    I was going to post a ton of quotes from the previous threads but then I realized it would be just a huge wast of time and effort, tuscloud, you are a glutton for punishment.

    ok....I will try to keep this simple


    1. She left her previous boyfriend because she fell in love with your WoW char....(warning signs anybody?)

    2. From what I understood she basically moved in with you right away

    3. She needs you to support her, she does not have any money.

    4. I don't think you have told us anything positive about her personality, except for the fact that she is a good fuck.

    5. She keeps on flirting with other guys on WoW and does not see anything wrong with letting a guy that obviously wants to bang her fly over to meet her at YOUR place.


    OK, care to imagine what will happen when she meets a guy on WoW who has more money than you and is willing to support her?

    Good summary.

    DaySleeper on
    magnum%20pi%20ferrari.jpeg
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hahahahaha, my god. tuscloud, don't take this the wrong way but your threads never fail to crack me up. You're in such a shitty situation and you're the only one here that doesn't seem to realize it. Every time you post, people tell you the same thing, and it just goes in one ear and out the other.
    meh, do you guys realize how frustrating it is to be in a relationship like this? and by "like this" i mean...like this:

    We were fine..happy...normal, loving...no problems....then something RETARDED shows itself. and it becomes a problem...i go to you guys, you tell me to bail out of it....then what little help i recieve (advice is different) i take, and we overcome it, and we are happy again...it never comes up again....then again, something dumb...

    hey, i could easily sit here and tell you my entire relationship with her, and you guys would see why im still in it, but i come here for problems, not to gloat about my happiness.
    Yes, we realize how frustrating it is. That's why we're all telling you to break up with her. If you two were "fine" you wouldn't have something like this happening at least once a month. Haven't you noticed how incredibly receptive she is to the advances from guys she meets on WoW? That's how you hooked up with her, and she's still acting exactly the same way with every new guy that comes along. She knows that they want in her pants and she knows that it bothers you, but she still encourages them to fly down and spend the night. Reality check: she doesn't care how this makes you feel because she is selfish and is just taking advantage of you for financial and emotional support. If she hasn't already cheated on you with her ex or one of these guys, she's going to eventually.
    Marathon wrote: »
    She may be nice, but the way you are treated in this situation is unfair.

    Yes, thats my problem....i want to be with her. She tries, she tries very very hard, and i see it. im not ignorant, i actually see it. I see that she wants to be with me, and i KNOW she is trying to get this uncomfortable...ness....out of me.

    Maybe thats why i keep holding on, is because i see her trying and to be honest...most of the time it seems like we actually get somewhere and we move on. never to see it again...learning if you will.
    If she was trying very hard she wouldn't have gone behind your back to tell this guy to come visit her. She doesn't want you to break up with her because you're paying her every expense while she sits at home and plays WoW all day long. I'm not saying she doesn't like you, but it's obvious that she doesn't respect your feelings in the slightest, and you really are the only one here that can't see that.
    But yeah, she does treat me like im nothing, unintentionally is what im thinking, only because her past relationships were complete crap, and her ex-boyfriend allowed this kind of behavior from her....and look what happened. she hooked up with some dude (me) from an on-line game....

    oh, thats another reason why im uncomfortable with it...is because this is the exact way WE became a couple.
    Incidentally, you also allow this kind of behavior from her. Time to put two and two together.

    In summary: You are in an unbelievably unhealthy relationship and you need to end it. Now. She treats you like shit, she feeds on the attention from guys on WoW and encourages them to come visit against your will, and she is a constant emotional and financial drain on you. She is a leech and you are better off without her.

    Zek on
  • ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS
    edited February 2007
    I do not have the fondest opinion of women.

    ApolloTreatingYou on
    no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Tell that dyke to move the hell out.
    You're paying for everything, goddamnit! Sell her rig, tell her to go home to her dad.

    I dunno if relationships are like, new territory for you or something, but this shit is not worth it. You're "loving" and whatnot now and then, sure, but she is sedentary as all hell, and that relationship is gonna get old soon. Get rid of it while you still have money to enjoy it.

    scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Having been the "friend" that goes out of his way to waste money and time traveling to visit some girl who is just a friend, and is in a relationship anyway, let me tell you one thing.

    He is going to have sex with your girlfriend. That's the only reason he's coming out, and not only does she know this, they've likely already discussed it.

    Seriously, BREAK UP WITH HER. She is going to continue taking as much advantage of you as she can for as long as she can.

    There are other women out there who won't treat you this way, and you do *NOT* need to stick with this bitch until you run into one.

    Vincent Grayson on
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    *smacks head on desk*

    fuck....life...

    man, my next thread will be 3-4 pages long too, about depression....

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    *smacks head on desk*

    fuck....life...

    man, my next thread will be 3-4 pages long too, about depression....
    :|

    I'm going to say this as simply as I can.

    IT'S BECAUSE OF HER THAT YOU FEEL THIS WAY.

    Zek on
  • tuscloud311tuscloud311 Registered User
    edited February 2007
    no shit it is...women are always men's fucking problem...some men can just deal with it better than others....

    just like all women are psycho....some just show it more than others.

    its all about who is right for who, what clicks and what doesnt....we dont click, i fucking realize it.

    its fucking stressful as all fuck knowing that i can come home every day and not worry about this shit, because were all laughing and having a fucking wonderful time...

    but then something bad happens, i think of PA H/A, and i say "oops sorry! breaking up with you!"

    every time im with her, i dont feel miserable, i dont feel depressed, and im just happy being around her....evidentally thats not good enough. Its when im away from her, when i think about the stupid shit that she puts me in, the fucked up situations that im thrown into....that makes me post on these forums.

    ugh, just shoot me already, this is fucking weak

    tuscloud311 on
    Taterskin wrote: »
    You: "You wanna get snowcones after class tommorrow?"
    Her: "No, I can't"
    You: "Ok, did you see that guy in the hall with lesions all over his skin? I think he has leprosy!"
  • LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    *smacks head on desk*

    fuck....life...

    man, my next thread will be 3-4 pages long too, about depression....


    I know it sucks but don't take it too hard.

    We don't tell you all this to hurt your feelings, in the end you will end up feeling a lot better.

    Librarian on
    Brad R. Torgersen says:

    Librarian,

    Go read what I said about not arguing with third graders.
This discussion has been closed.