Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Clive Barker's Undying!

1246

Posts

  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    I find it hilarious that Helloween puts up a one minute HD video to test out his new card, and everyone goes nuts going "Oh my god! Helloween will have all videos in HD FOREVER NOW" When he's said multiple times that he cant do that because he has an inferior british internet.

    (Also didn't like the cardbridge terribly much. Queensland is the best level in the game though, but that's neither here nor there)

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Set 11

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    If only there was some green glowing indicator of what you needed to shoot...

  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yeeees. Chipmunk helloween.
    SkutSkut wrote:
    If only there was some green glowing indicator of what you needed to shoot...
    I was about to edit the post to say this. Helloween. Have you NEVER played a video game? It's a GLOWING SPOT on a BOSS. That should have been the FIRST thing you tried to shoot at.

    heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    So it's Clive Barker's Clive Barker's Undying, Featuring Clive Barker? Interesting.

    Also, every time Hello wanders around with, like, 30 medkits and 5 health, it hurts me physically. Like, I can feel shit going numb right this second. It's the inventory sorting thing in System Shock 2 all over again.

    But it's okay, because chipmunk Helloween makes it all better :^:

    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    When he's said multiple times that he cant do that because he has an inferior british internet.
    Honestly, uploading in 720p isn't that bad, and my internet is worse than his (although our upload speeds are theoretically identical, mine takes about 10s longer per Mb), so really, he just hates all you untermensch!

  • ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I kept hoping you would have a flash of insight and figure it out; because I never did. Seriously, I did pretty much the exact same thing. Bang my head against this wall for far too long, then ask the internet for help.

    I have to shoot that tiny, bouncing, green dot? Really, game? Really?


    That thing is the Gel'ziarbar Hound. It stalks those who hold the stone. Like Ambrose. And you.
    It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

    Zerocz on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Zerocz wrote:
    I kept hoping you would have a flash of insight and figure it out; because I never did. Seriously, I did pretty much the exact same thing. Bang my head against this wall for far too long, then ask the internet for help.

    I have to shoot that tiny, bouncing, green dot? Really, game? Really?


    That thing is the Gel'ziarbar Hound. It stalks those who hold the stone. Like Ambrose. And you.
    It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.
    Or you kill it in its chamber in that one place lolol.

  • ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    Do you kill it? I honestly don't remember.
    Or is that a Dead Space reference?

  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    You can kill it, in its chamber in whatshisfaces world, where Ween got the frostcannon, it's behind a dispelable wall with a manawell on a stone bench

  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut's correct.
    I forget exactly where, but it does show up when you're going after Keisinger. You can even Invoke it once you kill it, although it's too large to follow you out of the room. I think it even shows up briefly right at the start, if you turn around you'll see it run by the gate.

    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Zerocz wrote:
    I kept hoping you would have a flash of insight and figure it out; because I never did. Seriously, I did pretty much the exact same thing. Bang my head against this wall for far too long, then ask the internet for help.

    I have to shoot that tiny, bouncing, green dot? Really, game? Really?


    That thing is the Gel'ziarbar Hound. It stalks those who hold the stone. Like Ambrose. And you.
    It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

    Yeah, Watching it back I saw it. Tbh when running for my life pegging it, I didnt notice :)

    Also, dont believe Bethryns lies!

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    Just FYI, those TNT crates were there for a reason. Blowing them up would've given you access to the room you couldn't get in. Idiot!

  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Set 12 is up

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    That looked like some really underwhelming lightning. And that "boss" fight with Aaron. That's awesome that you're just supposed to ignore him and move on in the large, maze-like house with no direction. At least the previous fight was nice enough to JAAHM all the doors so you knew it was a real fight.

    Though watching these videos, one thing I can't quite figure out is how the scythe's health leech thing is supposed to work. Is it something you have to manually trigger, or does it just sort of go off on it's own? Because there's been plenty of times when killing something that it's got the blood dripping off it, which I assume is the indicator that you can drain some health. If it just goes on it's own though, that's kinda stupid.

  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The Ether Traps get rid of Aaron for a few minutes. That's all they do. You also missed an amplifier at the bottom of the tower (not sure how you didn't see it, I sure did!). Also there was one on the right side of where you got Lightning (you only explored the bottom left side).

    Also, once again, Dispel Magic removes that disorient effect on your vision. Y U NO LISTEN

    Also yes, Lightning sucks. The only thing it's kind of good for is electrifying the 'sniping' weapon you get later, and even then they both suck.

    Magus` on
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Lightning's pretty naff, yeah. It has select uses but is outclassed by skull storm (and ectoplasm, for that matter) in every meaningful way. Also, you may want to consider using the ice cannon thingy on those... uh, the clawy-flying-thingies. Slows 'em down nice so you can dust them off with whatever's handy.

    If I recall right, you can use more than one medkit at a time. It doesn't speed anything up, but the amount that gets healed stacks (it's something like 35 per kit) so if you're seriously hurting you can burn two at once.

    What I'm getting at is HEAL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HEAL IT'S NAILS ON A CHALKBOARD TO ME RATS IN THE WAAAAAAAALLS

    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote:
    The Ether Traps get rid of Aaron for a few minutes. That's all they do. You also missed an amplifier at the bottom of the tower (not sure how you didn't see it, I sure did!). Also there was one on the right side of where you got Lightning (you only explored the bottom left side).

    Also, once again, Dispel Magic removes that disorient effect on your vision. Y U NO LISTEN

    Also yes, Lightning sucks. The only thing it's kind of good for is electrifying the 'sniping' weapon you get later, and even then they both suck.

    Oh I saw it! I juust said fuck that and ignored it :P

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    You cheeky whoreson.

  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    Or did he? Did he actually see it, or did he just say that to mess with you?

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    heenato wrote:
    Or did he? Did he actually see it, or did he just say that to mess with you?

    I do it just to mess with the man. Because I hate.

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Set 13

    Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    It's set THIRTEEN! God. You cant even COUNT correctly, Ween.

    Kidding completely, of course.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Helloween solving puzzles? A weapon that starts fires actually starting a fire for a puzzle, rather than having to find some specific puzzle item for it? Doors that aren't stook or jahmed?

    Oh man, I'm in the wrong LP thread again.

    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote:
    Helloween solving puzzles? A weapon that starts fires actually starting a fire for a puzzle, rather than having to find some specific puzzle item for it? Doors that aren't stook or jahmed?

    Oh man, I'm in the wrong LP thread again.

    Man, thats what I was thinking! It totally went far too well

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    And then you're gonna fail the
    flying item puzzle that seems to be completely fucking random/segments

    :rotate:

  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The drunk flying bridge was funny if not nauseating.

  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    The drunk flying bridge was funny if not nauseating.

    I know right? It was starting to make me feel genuinly ill D:

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    I'm still finding it amazing how non-functional a good number of the mechanics are. Scythe health steal? Works about 30% of the time. Dispelling drunk'o vision? About 5% success rate. Hell. Even weapon damage is inconsistant. Sometimes you'll be able to put down a monster with one headshot, and others, they soak up bullets like they were made of water and hugs.

    Also: Is there REALLY any reason to use any weapon other than the scythe and the stone at this point? I mean, the scythe seems like the best weapon in the game, and do you REALLY need a shooty stick when you can throw exploding skulls at will?

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    The dispel didn't work because Helloween didn't have enough mana. It even played the "not enough mana" blonk and made the mana thingy flash red.

  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    The dispel didn't work because Helloween didn't have enough mana. It even played the "not enough mana" blonk and made the mana thingy flash red.
    No. There are times where he would USE it. The animation for dispel would appear...and he'd still have drunk vision.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Yes. The cost for dispelling is apparently incurred AFTER it's used.

  • heenatoheenato Registered User regular
    I think my point KINDA still stands if that's the case, because that really doesn't seem like that was how it was intended.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    It was probably just a result of poorly thought-out mechanics. Presumably, the thought train goes: "Let's have varying costs for what to dispel!" "But wait, dispel has a cast time, so we can't know for sure what is going to be dispelled until the cast is finished!" "Well okay then, just incur the cost after we finish casting!"

  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote:
    It was probably just a result of poorly thought-out mechanics. Presumably, the thought train goes: "Let's have varying costs for what to dispel!" "But wait, dispel has a cast time, so we can't know for sure what is going to be dispelled until the cast is finished!" "Well okay then, just incur the cost after we finish casting!"

    Yeah I think this and the shield and the Scythe together made it so i couldnt dispell

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I also have a sneaking suspicion that Hello is somehow on Nightmare mode. Out of curiosity I loaded the game up myself. On medium, howler hits range from 10-12 damage and the snake things appeared to die a lot faster. I know he picked medium, but I'm not convinced the game didn't wig out and select nightmare instead. At a minimum it would explain an awful lot.

    Stolls on
    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • Magus`Magus` Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dispel might work more often if it was higher level, not sure. Leveling it doesn't seem to change anything else, at least.

    Speaking of leveling, you should finish maxing out haste and shield, there aren't any new spells coming to save amplifiers for. Also remember to use Silver Bullets on the 'otherworld' enemies.

    Edit: Having a shield up slows down your mana regen rate. Also, with the scythe, once it works and starts healing you, you can turn off the alt fire until it's done so you don't keep spending mana.

    Magus` on
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, after some testing I've found dispel does get rid of scarrows (the snake-cthulhu things) at a cost of 50 or so per kill. Not yet sure if it can strike more than one at a time with higher mana/amplifiers, but it does work even at level 1.

    Stolls on
    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Also, after some testing I've found dispel does get rid of scarrows (the snake-cthulhu things) at a cost of 50 or so per kill. Not yet sure if it can strike more than one at a time with higher mana/amplifiers, but it does work even at level 1.

    Only 50 per? Thats pretty decen.t Does it work on the bird enemies too?

    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Helloween wrote: »
    Stolls wrote: »
    Also, after some testing I've found dispel does get rid of scarrows (the snake-cthulhu things) at a cost of 50 or so per kill. Not yet sure if it can strike more than one at a time with higher mana/amplifiers, but it does work even at level 1.

    Only 50 per? Thats pretty decen.t Does it work on the bird enemies too?

    Sadly, no. Best bet there is something with splash damage; skull storm's ideal, just fire at the ground near it. Molotovs work too if you can find some cover, since they sit still to work their drunk beam thingy.

    Edit: In related advice, consider using your silver bullets on those flying hooded pricks. Obviously it's not quite as powerful as skull storm, but they're a lot less likely to dodge.

    Stolls on
    lR4K8ZJ.png
    Shadowrun skillcheck guides: Dragonfall, Hong Kong
Sign In or Register to comment.