Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Star Wars: Out in the Black

destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Critical Failures
The Galactic Republic is dead. Long live the Galactic Empire. Chancellor Palpatine is now Emperor of this new Empire. Using the threat of the supposed Jedi rebellion as justification, the Empire has become a government of oppression and tyranny. With the crackdown and growing corruption among Imperial officials, earning a living begins to require a certain … ingenuity. Amidst the hardship, seeds of true rebellion begin to grow. In time, they may bloom.
________________________________________________________________________

On dry, dusty, and hot Tatooine:
As blaster fire stitched the air over his head, Ben shouted to Gaan and Jaa, “Why can’t we ever have a nice, quiet drink? I can’t take you two anywhere.” The three were hunkered down behind overturned tables as other bar patrons tried their best to ventilate the three.

“I’m not sure another mouth to feed is worth getting shot at … again.”

“He’ll be here!”
Why are these idiots shooting at you and trying to kill you? You tell me.

Four thugs are currently shooting at your position with blasters. A fifth is trying to sneak around to one side with a vibrodagger. You three all have cover from upended tables.

The Five thugs all have 17 ref def normally. 3 of the 4 blaster toting have cover as well. 25 hp max for all.

hp tracker
Thug 1: 22 ref def, 25 hp
Thug 2: 22 ref def, 25 hp
Thug 3: 22 ref def, 25 hp
Thug 4: 17 ref def, 25 hp
Thug 5: 17 ref def, 25 hp

_____________

Ulsk was running late for the meeting, though the burly Quarren had had every intention of being on time. Every day spent on Tatooine was a day spent wanting off the dead desert world. As he turned the corner to the street the cantina fronted, it was clear that something was going down. There was the faint sound of blaster fire and a crowd gathering at a safe distance out in the street. The crowds of Mos Eisly were never likely to turn down free entertainment. A few enterprising souls had set up food stands, selling various wriggling bits of meat on sticks.
You're here to meet up with Ben, Gaan, and Jaa. Your choice (and theirs) if you know one, two, or all of them from previous jobs.

_____________

Rachi and Zevoto were spending the heat of the Tatooine day in a library. Or what passed for a library on Tatooine. Rachi was looking over a datapad on ancient ruins found on-planet while Zevoto was trying not to dry up completely. Zevoto broke the silence, “Why are we on this sand-ball? We’ve been here three weeks and nothing to show for it but sandy clothes.”
Rachi looked up from the pad, “Just following rumors and staying away from Imperial presence. The local garrision doesn’t leave their climate-controlled headquarters and is blind-drunk more often than not. Though really, it’s just a feeling that we should be here.”
The Mon Cal Zevoto looked across the table at her friend and nodded, “Makes as much sense as anything, I guess.” Both Jedi knew that meeting each other those few months back was no coincidence. There were few true accidents, but there was always the Force. “And what’s making all that racket? Sounds like there’s something brewing outside.”
Yes, you're both hearing noise from the crowd gathering outside. Just up the street from the other direction Ulsk arrived from.

steam_sig.png
destroyah87 on
«1

Posts

  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Instinctively, Ulsk presses himself against the wall of a nearby structure to reduce his profile while he pauses to examine the situation. It's inside--good; at least now they wont notice I'm not there until I'm saving the day. He presses off of the wall and quickly moves around the crowd instead of drawing attention to himself, looking for the rear entrance to the cantina.

  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    edited January 2012
    “You are the one that thought it was a greeeeeaaaat idea for me to keep occupied by engaging in some friendly games of chance, Ben.” Gaan snorted as a piece of disintegrating table caused him to duck lower. He tried to make out who was coming around and keeping his eyes open, he gritted his teeth.

    “I didn’t even cheat them, this time. They just don’t like to lose, it seems.” he added, finding a brief opportunity to peek over the table, take aim and attempt to blast one of their attackers through the cracks between his cover.

    Deadeye (1d20+8=28) CRIT~!
    2 Swift to Aim (ignoring cover) Deadeye gives 1 extra die of damage.
    4d8+3=24 x2 = 48HP Damage. That sucker is DEAD.

    As the attacker fell back with a hole in his eye socket, Gaan ducked down, calling out over the tables,

    "That's what you get for trying to get out of paying me, Spacer!" he growled and looked to his two companions beside him. He didn't like killing people at the best of times, but the trigger-happy bunch of hyperspace slime was not giving him the choice.

    "So what now, intrepid leader?"

    [Not a bad roll for my first post!]

    SilverBones on

    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Shaking her head Zevoto tried to focus on the datapad she had been studying carefully for the last hour. Ever since they'd arrived on Tatooine the sounds of fighting in the street had become a constant source of irritation for her. The inhabitants of the harsh world seemed determined to kill one another in an endless stream of street brawls and bar fights.

    The information in the datapad did provide her with a worthy distraction though. It was a medical text written half a century earlier by a Zabrak physician who had conducted a study incorporating several of the indiginous species of Tatooine. Most of his study consisted of a detailed comparison of the phsyiology of Tusken Raiders and Jawas. Zevoto found notes the holo-images he'd recorded of his work fascinating.

    She felt her mind beginning to ease as she read the paragraph he'd written on the heart valves of Tusken Raiders.

    Sakutian on
    My Games

    Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

    Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    Rachi Sitra tried to ignore the increasingly loud commotion coming from outside, focusing her concentration on the datapads in front of her. Even she had to admit however that the information on any 'ruins' was sketchy at best. The Twi'lek stretched and leaned back in her chair, focusing her aural receptors on the commotion. Was it... blaster fire? She listened harder.

    Of course it was.

    <"Are you thirsty, little sister? I think we are due for a break,">* said the purple woman, rising from her seat and pulling the hood of her cloak up to hide her lekku. She bowed slightly to the recordkeeping droid before leaning outside to get a better look.

    "I think," Rachi said, switching to her usual accented form of Galactic Basic, "that your skills might be put to use shortly. Let's go see why the natives are killing each other."
    * Translated from Ryl.

  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Looking up from her research with a curious expression Zevoto stood up following after Rachi. Following the Twi'leks example she pulled the hood of her own cloak over her head. Without realizing what she was doing she reached down to check the medical kit strapped to her waist.

    Staying behind Rachi she peeked out into the street from inside of the library. "I just hope they haven't gotten around to shooting the bartender yet. I intend to have that drink now."

    My Games

    Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

    Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    Ben took stock of the situation. Seeing the knife wielding aggresor trying to flank them, he charged with reckless abandon, a shimmering yellow blade of energy erupting from his weapon. He paid little heed to the blaster fire flying around him. Any that got too close he quickly batted away with his lightsaber.

    As he closed the gap, the vibrodagger-wielding thug slashed at Ben wildly. Wasting little time, the jedi dodged his clumsy attacks and ended his life with a quick flick of his weapon. His sudden death washed over Ben, but he ignored the pain and confusion for the time being. Part of him, a not-so-small part of him, enjoyed that.

    Swift: Battle Strike (1d20+14=17) +1 to attack and +1d6 damage

    Move: Move to knife-wielding baddie

    Standard: Attack, Damage, Extra Battle Strike Damage (1d20+12=25, 2d8+11=21, 1d6=5) Total Damage: 26 He's dead Jim.

    camo_sig2.png
  • ela_zulela_zul Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    "Don't blame me!" Jaa shouted at Ben. "Its not my fault that lowlife was eyin' up my blaster."

    In all the commotion Jaa decided he needed one one more swig of his drink. He then peered through one of the recently made blaster holes in the table to get a glance at who would get a taste of his "Death Hammer".
    Initiative Check: 16

    Range Attack on thug 2 assuming Gaan attacked thug 1

    Attack Roll: 21
    Dead Eye: (ignore cover) 7
    2 swift actions: Aim
    Standard: 18

    Total Damage: 18+7= 25 That's one less thug to deal with.

    Satisfied with his shot, Jaa finished up the last of his brew. Jaa then looked back at his companions who were looking at him and said, "Lets finish this up, I need another beer."

    ela_zul on
    Dark Heresy - The Chaos Within [IC] [OOC]

    infinitesig3.jpg
  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Gaan threw up his arms in exasperation as Ben darted off without so much of a witty retort, only to bring them back down again to prevent his fingers from getting blasted off. Watching his companions make kills of their own, he groaned and looked over to Ben and Jaa, shouting out over the sound of returning blaster fire.

    "How about you go to the bar, Jaa? If you can make it there with less than five holes in you, I'll personally buy the next round." Gaan said, finding a small amount of mirth, even in the situation.

    "I hate this bloody planet!" He finished by shouting over to Ben.

    SilverBones on

    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ulsk freezes a moment as he steps around the building and then peers around the corner. Two sentients. Second peek: Bith, dressed in loose-fitting casual wear, a white cloth draped about the front. Shaking his head, Ulsk continues on his path, stepping past the pair of Bith chefs with confidence as he enters through the kitchen.

    Stainless steel and grease are the dominating elements of this tight-space's decor, the walls coated in a sickly wet that couldn't be water on this planet. Tucked into a corner next to a stack of boxes, the bartender eyes the doorway with caution. Ulsk peers at the man who quickly shoos him away, then quietly approaches the swinging doors that cover the entrance to the cantina proper. He takes in whatever data he can gather from the small porthole-sized window while drawing his blasters.

    piL on
  • ela_zulela_zul Registered User regular
    Attempting to stand, Jaa kept his balance for a moment, but then fell to the floor. He began chuckling to himself, "Guess the booze is catchin' up to me".

    "I'd take you up on that bet...but it seems my legs aren't really cooperating right now" Jaa replied to Gaan.

    "Hey Ben, if your done with that thug with the vibrodagger, we could use a little help up here where the thugs have real weapons" Jaa retorted.

    Dark Heresy - The Chaos Within [IC] [OOC]

    infinitesig3.jpg
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    Through the grimy porthole, Ulsk can see bodies lying on the floor. Whether dead or just knocked, he couldn't say. Backtracking the blaster fire, he was able to spot the combatants.

    Two humans, local gang members by their clothing, on one side of the cantina.

    And on the other side: one blue-haired, blue-skinned humanoid; one kel-dor idiot standing up to from cover (well, trying anyway); and a human brandishing a glowing yellow stick.

    The last man Ulsk recognized.

    ---

    Inside the Catina's main room: Ben, Gaan, and Jaa were still dodging blaster fire.

    Increasingly frantic blaster fire, as the five ruffians were down to two.
    Attack Rolls: 1d20+5 9 1d20+5 8

    ---

    Rachi and Zevoto moved up to the back of the gathering crowd. Close enough to overhear those nearby, but still separate from the mass of people.

    Listening to the gossip, it sounded like somebody had taken violent exception to cheating at a game of chance. Given the temperament of the usual clientele in a dive like that, wasn't hard to imagine how things progressed from there.
    Give me a perception roll: DC 25 to pick up the distinctive sound of a lightsaber and reflected blaster bolts from within the cantina.

    steam_sig.png
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    *redacted*

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Keeping to the fringe of the crowd outside of the cantina Zevoto stopped in her tracks when she heard the distinct sound of a blaster fire being deflected by a lightsaber. During her time in the trenches that sound usually meant a Jedi was fighting for their life within earshot. Trying to keep her face relaxed she looked at Rachi.

    "Did you just hear that?"

    My Games

    Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

    Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • ela_zulela_zul Registered User regular
    Realizing that he no longer had a clear shot, Jaa looked for some better cover. "Of course, the bar" he thought to himself. There was no way he was going to get a good shot from behind the table, he had to make a run for it to the bar. Leaping out from his cover, Jaa dashed towards the bar, and then rolled over the counter to get behind it.
    Skirmisher Talent: +1 to attack roll

    Point Blank Shot (which I forgot to add on my last roll, not that it would have mattered though): +1 to ranged attack

    Attack Roll: 16

    Jaa quickly poked his head up over the counter to make a quick shot. Holding his blaster steady to make the kill, he pulled the trigger only to discover a blaster malfunction, "Damn it! My blaster is jamming up again..."

    Dark Heresy - The Chaos Within [IC] [OOC]

    infinitesig3.jpg
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    ela_zul wrote:
    "Hey Ben, if your done with that thug with the vibrodagger, we could use a little help up here where the thugs have real weapons" Jaa retorted.

    Jaa's comment pulled Ben back into realtime. Snapping his gaze over to the two remaining thugs, he raised his lightsaber in a ready stance. His jedi training began to conflict with his desire for battle, and finally he decided to try and resolve this with no further bloodshed.

    He locked eyes with one of the remaining thugs. The young man appeared to be having an internal struggle...sweat began to pour down his forehead. Finally, he snapped and took off running the other direction, stumbling over chairs and tables in his mad attempt to get away.
    Mind Trick (1d20+14=31) I'm assuming that beats his will defense. Causing thug to run in terror for 60 seconds.

    camo_sig2.png
  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    Gaan twisted his head side to side to watch Jaa run behind the bar, only to impotently jam up his blaster before ducking down. Looking back at Ben, he seemed to be simply staring, and yet another thug made a bolt for it. Gaan didn’t understand how Jedi worked and he doubted he wanted to in the end. Either way, one thug remained while his other companions were busy.

    “Oh sure,” he growled under his breath, standing up and aiming his blaster at the last one, briskly feeling the heat of his blaster in his hand,

    “Leave the most of the work up to Gaan…”

    Squeezing the trigger, he fired off an aimed blast…

    Aimed Deadeye Attack
    Hit: 1d20+8=28 I shit you not, another crit!
    Damage: 4d8+3=22 x2 = 44 HP!

    Okay, Invisible Castle loves this character…

    Another blaster shot scored the last thug right in the throat, blasting out the other side and causing instant and immediate death. In many ways Gaan was glad that he had killed the man without suffering, but yet another death laid on his conscious. Slowly dropping his blaster to his side, he sighed and looked over at Jaa.

    “Clean your bloody weapon, will you?” he snapped before looking back to Ben and holstering his blaster with a twist and a flourish of his wrist.

    “Your buddy is a no-show, Ben. Let’s get out of here before the one who ran brings back friends.”


    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Powering down his lightsaber and hiding it under his coat, Ben surveyed the damage. 4 people dead, and the cantina was trashed. He frowned. "This isn't what I had hoped for...it may be a backwater planet but Tatooine still has an Imperial presence. We need to get moving soon before the authorities come to investigate a jedi sighting..."

    Sighing, he righted a knocked over chair, sat down, and placed his face in his hands. Rubbing at his forehead, he tried to let go of his anger with another long sigh...tried to feel the tension leave his mind so he could get centered. "So what now?" he asked after sufficiently calming down.

    Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Ulsk closes his eyes. This is it. Game time. Time to be a hero. Ulsk breathes in deep and centers himself.

    "Huuuaaggghhhhhhhhhh!" A blood curdling scream tears from the direction of the kitchen as a giant-of-a-Quarren slams through the swinging doors with his shoulder and charges into the room. His blasters are up and a torrent of blaster bolts fills the air as he fires into the ceiling--a truly terrifying whirlwind of flesh, tentacles, and weapon's fire. Suddenly, he levels the blasters towards the spot where the last two thugs were standing.

    "Huah?" Ulsk stands there holding his blasters out as he turns his head slowly considering the now silent room, filled with cowering bystanders, the corpses of thugs, and overturned furnishings. He clears his throat and re-holsters his weapons to address Ben, Jaa, and Gaan.

    "Gentlemen."

  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Gaan’s blaster was in his hand and pointed at the shouting Quarren before his mind even registered he had done so. He was taking aim when the sentient seemed to assess the situation, lower his gun and refer to them all as ‘Gentlemen’. Obviously he was not familiar with the group at all.

    Nevertheless, he matched Ben’s description of his contact.

    “Nice bloody timing.” He said, lowering his weapon slowly. Turning his head to look at Ben who was now sitting in a chair and rubbing his face, Gaan seemed to deflate somewhat at the situation.

    “He’s your friend I assume, Ben?” he asked before turning to the Quarren and Jaa.

    “No time for formal introductions,” he said, holstering his sidearm again. “…Jaa, pick yourself up for the love of the Homeworld, put down that booze! Ben, dry up and fill your friend in while we move.” Gaan said, obviously used to being the center of attention. Turning he moved towards the fallen tables, scooping up what credit chips he could before heading to the door.

    “Ladies…” he said, making a tip-of-the-hat motion as he passed by a couple of cowering dancing girls, tossing them a chip for a tip.

    SilverBones on

    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • ela_zulela_zul Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    piL wrote:
    "Huuuaaggghhhhhhhhhh!" A blood curdling scream tears from the direction of the kitchen as a giant-of-a-Quarren slams through the swinging doors with his shoulder and charges into the room. His blasters are up and a torrent of blaster bolts fills the air as he fires into the ceiling--a truly terrifying whirlwind of flesh, tentacles, and weapon's fire. Suddenly, he levels the blasters towards the spot where the last two thugs were standing.

    Finally unjamming his blaster, Jaa stood up from the glass and booze covered floor aiming towards the screaming Quarren, who just moments ago burst through the kitchen doors, blasters held high. If Jaa had not noticed Gaan lowering his blaster, his lack of judgement in his drunken state may have caused him to start firing. He then lowered his weapon and holstered it before walking towards his companions.

    ela_zul on
    Dark Heresy - The Chaos Within [IC] [OOC]

    infinitesig3.jpg
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    "Whatever it was, it's finished now," said the Twi'lek. "I suspect there will be authorities along soon." The crowd was already beginning to disperse, a sure sign that Stormtroopers were already lurching their way toward the disturbance.

    As the crowd thinned a young man burst from the entrance of the cantina, out of breath and frantic. He didn't notice the lazily placed foot in his path and toppled to the sandy ground. Rachi placed her other boot on his back. "Curious indeed. What happened?"

    "Let me go! There's a monster in there! I have to tell the Imps, it's got one of those laser swords! It killed all of my men and now it's after me! Let me go, please!"

    Rachi Sitra tilted her head and looked at Zevoto. "A monster with a laser sword? Surely you are mistaken," said the Twi'lek, waving her hand, "you have been drinking heavily. Perhaps go home, rest, wake up feeling better, yes?"

    The scamp stopped struggling and took a deep breath. "I made a mistake I think. I've been drinking a lot. I should just go home and get some rest, I'll feel better after a nap," he said as the Twi'lek pulled him from the ground and dusted off his clothes.

    "All better, yes?"

    "Yeah, thanks. What a night," he mumbled, stumbling away and rubbing his head.

    Rachi gave the Mon Cal a small smile before stepping into the cantina.
    i'm spending a mind trick here, i'm not bothering rolling since i doubt his will defense is over 18 which is my result on a 1

  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ben didn't even bother to lift his head at the sound of the screaming. He trusted his crewmates to gun down whomever it was. When no blaster fire erupted, he finally looked up to see their contact in front of him.

    "Nice timing as always Ulsk. Next time make sure to do a fancy somersault when you come in...your entrance has gotten stale." Standing up, he batted his hand against his duster, knocking loose random bits of plaster and stray soot from the fight. Ben Kolsen did not wear the typical garb of a jedi. Doing so was basically signing your own death warrant he had always felt since the Empire was born. Now he wore the typical garb of a spacer, low-slung blaster holster and all (just don't ask him to actually shoot the thing, he couldn't hit the broad side of a Rancor with it if he wanted. It did a good job of hiding the lightsaber that he kept in a concealed holster behind the blaster).

    Nodding to his friends, Ben continued. "Guys, this is Ulsk. Ulsk, the guys." Sighing again, he continued. "Now, as Gaan said, we don't have much time until this place is crawling with all sorts of unfriendly-types, thanks to Blaster brains over there," he pointed at Jaal, who was still quite drunk.

    "Let's get going, we can discuss everything on the way."

    Motioning towards the door, Ben lead the group out of the cantina. As he neared the exit, a silhouette of a feminine figure blocked the way. Ben felt a strange, yet familiar presence coming from her, and from whomever was behind them. Holding out his hands to stop his companions, he peered closer, and finally was able to make out the shape of a Twi'lek...and behind her...a Mon Calamari! Instantly he recognized her. "Zevoto?!"

    Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    "You've got to teach me to do that one of these days." Zevoto grinned watching the force befuddled man wandering down the street before she followed the Twi'lek into the cantina. Muffled coming from inside voices put the Mon Calamari on her guard as she moved down the stairs trying to make as little noise as possible.

    She leaned around Rachi to get a glimpse of the man who had just shouted her name. It took her a moment to recognize the man in the filthy duster who was staring at Rachi with his mouth hanging open. It had been seven years since she had last set eyes on Ben Kolsen but he still looked a great deall like the boy she had trained with back on Coruscant so long ago.

    "Ben?!" Slipping past Rachi Zevoto charged towards the and wrapped her arms around his torso in a crushing hug. "Thank the force you're alive!"

    My Games

    Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

    Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    edited February 2012
    “For the love of…”

    Gaan stopped in his tracks as a female wrapped her arms around Ben and hugged him. His look was flat as he looked over the woman’s shoulder towards the Twi’Lek behind her and then back at the Mon Calamari.

    “I don’t know if you guys heard, but there are a whole bunch of Imperials on this planet.” He said, his light tone dripping with sarcasm. “…funny thing; I heard that when cantinas erupt into blaster fire, they take exception.” He added, pushing past Ben and jabbing him in the side with his elbow.

    “Let’s move, lover-boy. Bring your girlfriends if you want to, but let’s at least leave the scene of the crime?”

    SilverBones on

    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    As the crowd dispersed, its entertainment gone an older human man walked up to the assembled group, "Hey, Gaan. Word to the wise, make yourself scarce. Imps are coming and worse yet, it's not the local goons this time. There's a clone battalion that's rotating platoons through this whole sector. These guys don't take bribes."

    "Say, you got any work lined up? If not, word is Jabba's always looking for pilots with fast ships and big brass ones. Or you might stick your nose into Berano's place, see if he needs anything or knows anybody looking for a cargo-hauler."

    He tipped his hat to Rachi and Zevoto, "Ladies, I'll give you the same advice I gave Gaan. The clones don't much care, but Imps around here are looking down on non-humans more these days. Doesn't make any sense to me, but life is what it is."

    He pulled his wide-brim hat lower over his face and was on his way.
    This guy is someone that Gaan has talked business deals in the past. Never stuck his neck out, but on the whole upfront and honest with Gaan.

    steam_sig.png
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ulsk merely shrugs to Ben's suggestion. Popular guy, Ben. Ulsk's gait could be best describe as walking with purpose. He steps quickly, his eyes locked ahead of himself. It would be inconspicuous if he didn't keep stopping to wait for those with him.

    "My vote might not mean much," Uslk offers quietly to Gaan, "But even though Jabba likely pays more, the idea of working for him leaves a bad taste in my mouth."

    piL on
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    After a stunned moment, Ben finally returned Zevoto's hug. "It's been a long time old friend." As he pulled her away to arms length, he examined her. "I see you're carrying a ligthsaber...am I to assume you continued your training?" He looked to the Twi'lek behind her. "And who is your friend?" He eyed her suspiciously.

    The older man's comments broke off his inquiries. Looking back at the others, he noted somewhat gruffly. "I'd rather not deal with that Hutt if at all possible." He continued, "Zevoto, why are you and your friend here? Do you....have transportation in case we need to make a quick escape?"

    Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    edited February 2012
    I guess I get to be Captain, then!

    Gaan nodded in thanks to his former ‘business partner’ and frowned at the mention of the powerful Hutt that ran the parts. Frankly, he had heard what happened to those who screwed up on Jabba’s watch and he didn’t like the idea of dealing with his particular brand of bounty hunter either.

    Looking around his –now sizable – group, he sighed, wondering what he had done for the universe to suddenly take a rancor-sized crap on his life, but also how he was going to cover up three Jedi now, especially when two of them were not so subtle about it.

    “Ben,” Gaan said after mulling over the details. “…we need to get these two into something less conspicuous. I’m gonna take you hugging them as a sign they can be trusted, but on your head be it if they screw us here.” He added then looked to the Quarren.

    “If you want to make yourself useful Ulsk, pick him up-” he said, pointing to Jaa, “-and help me get him to Berano’s. If we are gonna do this right then we need to get off planet quickly. I would rather deal with Berano then get involved with the slug.” He added looking to the Twi’lek and the Mon Calamari with a small, boyish grin.

    “At least you two don’t seem as mopey as Ben here. Hell, you may even brighten the place up and it was about time we had someone more aesthetically pleasing than me here.” He added with a grin then started to move towards Berano’s.

    “Time is a-wasting, ladies.” He said to the group as a whole.

    SilverBones on

    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Ulsk pats Jaa on the back and leans in as the group walks. "Ben tells me you all like credits." If a Quarren could smile, he probably would right now. "This is good. I like credits too."

  • ela_zulela_zul Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    "Whoa whoa whoa" Jaa burst out. "Im not letting that Quarren get his tentacles all over me...no offense" he said looking at Ulsk. Jaa stood up from the dusty ground and brushed himself off, "besides, all this excitement is starting to sober me up".
    Jaa is going to make a deception roll, in an attempt to fool all of you into thinking he is somewhat sober.

    21

    Jaa carefully placed each next step as if he we're walking a very very straight line towards Gaan, "I don't really give a damn what we do. Let's just make a decision and get on with it. The way I see it, this group just got a whole lot bigger, making us a much bigger target to spot. And you know that if those imperials get here, my blaster has a few words it would really like to share with them". Jaa seemed to disappear in thought for a moment, thinking about his past. Still trying to forget his pain, all he could think about was his hate for the Empire. The reality of the situation came flooding back to him, "we have got to get out of here", Jaa thought.

    ela_zul on
    Dark Heresy - The Chaos Within [IC] [OOC]

    infinitesig3.jpg
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Tucking her lightsaber inside of her robes hiding it from sight Zevoto smiles nervously at Ben. "After you left the temple I was reassigned to train in the Medical Corps. I was forced to take this lightsaber from Master Krenta when he was murdered."

    "This is Rachi, she came to my rescue some time ago and we've been traveling together ever since." It was not in her nature to be secretive but she did not want to reveal too much to Ben too quickly. From the looks of the cantina and the men in his company he'd changed a great deal since he'd left the temple. "We came here aboard a cargo transport. It seemed like a good place to hide from the Imperials for a little while."

    At the mention of approaching clones from the older man the Mon Calamari's smile fades completely. "Thank you for the advice but if the clones wish for a confrontation I will not leave them wanting."

    My Games

    Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

    Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • ArcanisTheImpotentArcanisTheImpotent Registered User regular
    "My name is Rachi Sitra," the Twi'lek said, pulling her hood down and bowing with a flourish. "My friend speaks too openly. We are needing a ride off-planet and if you have extra space we would be happy to work for a place aboard. I am an... archaeologist by trade and Zevoto is a skilled healer."

    As the group began to move Rachi continued speaking. "Assuming we are welcome to travel with you, I could perhaps make a suggestion? There are many credits to be made in the field of historical reclamation, especially on worlds outside of Imperial space."

  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Gaan's holocom beeped with an incoming call. Gaan keyed the accept button and a glowing blue hologram resolved into the face of a GE3-series protocol droid, "Yes?"

    "We would like to thank you for using the service of Harkin's Starship Berthing. We hope you and your ship the" ... "The Solar Gambit" ... "were well taken care of during your stay on" ... "Tatooine." ...""We hope to see you in the future. And Remember. Your Ship is your home and we're a home for your home: Harkin's Starship Berthing. This call is to inform you that your account with us has been charged on your ship's departure from berth A-24 on Tatooine. If you have any further questions, there local Harkin representatives eager to assist you."

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    "Gaan....." Ben looked at him nervously. "Tell me you had someone bring the ship to us...please...please just tell me that." He looked at Rachi. "Well we pretty much have to take you now, I don't doubt your descriptions would be given to the authorities along with ours, and I certainly don't want any harm to come to you two. Still...we need to get going before things start to get out of hand."

    Ben looked around the destroyed room. "Ok more out of hand."

    camo_sig2.png
  • ela_zulela_zul Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    "Well this is just perfect. The blasted imps are on their way, we have no ship, I spent my last few credits on booze, and now I'm drunk. Oh, and did I mention that we are stuck on this dirt engulfed planet? So what now? Huh?!?" Jaa didn't bother to mention the real reason for his sudden breakdown. A stash of Corellian Whisky, tucked safely away on board the ship. Jaa had been saving it for years, looking forward to one day cracking it open and tasting its pure greatness. "Nothing but the finest." Jaa's mouth started to water under his breath mask as thoughts of sweet sweet Corellian Whiskey entered his imagination.

    ela_zul on
    Dark Heresy - The Chaos Within [IC] [OOC]

    infinitesig3.jpg
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    Outside of the Cantina, most of the onlookers have started to drift away. Those remaining, however, clear the way as Ulsk and his newly found delinquent allies step past. An angry look from the Quarren, along with the still-fresh memory of blaster fire is enough to give the group a wide birth as they briskly walk through the Tatooine streets.

    "Ben," the Quarren speaks gruffly, moving to walk along side the only familiar face in the crowd, "There's a lot of worry there." Ulsk delivers a sharp grimace towards a youngster looking to follow the group with interest as they pass a generations-old tower of huts stacked on huts. "I do not like worry."

  • HeirHeir Registered User regular
    "Nor do I Ulsk..." responed Ben gruffly. Even as they walked (where were they going anyways?), all he could think about was getting somewhere out of sight. He just knew reports of a lightsaber being used had been spread, and it was just a matter of time before an inquisitor and his cronies would be sent for them.

    "Where are we going anyways? We need to get out of sight soon...or better yet, get off planet...though now that we may not even have a ship anymore...."

    camo_sig2.png
  • SilverBonesSilverBones Registered User
    edited February 2012
    Gaan looked at the hologram in front of him as if it had just told him his mother had been found sleeping with the entire cantina band. Looking at Ben as he inquired about who may be in possession of the ship, his brow took a turn downwards and his normally charming, bright eyes took a hard, dark tint.

    “I’ll give you three guesses who our new valet is.” he growled, snapping his holo-projector closed angrily.

    “Great. No ship, two Jedi and a drunk pilot.” Gaan said taking stock of his situation. The Imperials were going to be near and on high alert. There was no guarantee that his contacts would have work for him in such a lock down, but there would be one guaranteed way to get off-planet and find out who had taken his ship.

    “We’re going to the Slug.” Gaan said with some finality.

    “What is that term you Jedi use? ‘May the Force be with you?’ Well let’s hope that applies today because against my better judgement I am going to go make a deal with Jabba if anything to make sure the Imps don’t get their hands on you two.” he said, gesturing to the Jedi.

    “I heard what they do to folks like you, and frankly I don’t want that on my conscience. Besides, I owe Ben after that Sandperson incident. You can consider this my repayment.” He added, turning and making tracks to a Swoop Dealer.

    They would need to get a swoop to Jabba’s place and fast, unless...

    "Wait a second... let me see what I can dig up." Gaan said, pulling out his datapad and tapping around on the panel. If there was a chance, any chance that he knew anyone around, it would be preferable to dealing with the Hutt.

    SilverBones on

    [ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne


    GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Gaan looked up from his datapad, "Ok while I call in some favors and see what shakes out, let's head towards the ship dock. Maybe whoever absconded with our ride showed up on a security recorder. Or was seen breaking in." He turned to Ulsk, Rachi, and Zevoto, "Ulsk, job's still on the table if you want it. And you two are welcome to tag along, we may not have a ship. but we're good company." He smiled at the three. "Ben, lead the way."

    The group, spreading out a little to avoid looking too interesting, made their way to the spaceport and then to the area rented by Harkin's. On the way, they passed a squad of Imperial Stormtroopers heading towards the cantina. The Official leading them was obviously hungover and clearly wanted to crawl back into a bottle. Even the Stormtroopers looked less then vigilant. Their armor was dusty and they somehow managed to slouch while marching in formation. Their blasters were well cared for, but that seemed to be the extent of the much-vaunted Stormtrooper Corps Professionalism.

    Once at the offices of Harkin's and Co, they now needed to deal with the front lobby Secretary. Reading a Holozine, she clearly could care less about the new arrivals. Gaan walked up to her desk and leaned towards her, only then did she deign to acknowledge his presence. "Yah? What do you scruffy spacers want? We don't do handouts or charity. Get lost."

    destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    "You said the key word girlie, 'Spacer.'"

    Ulsk slips in his snide remark and lets the prettier people do the rest of the talking.

Sign In or Register to comment.