As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Games!

• Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    Greed Corp also has cross-platform play. Works with any other version of the game.

• Options
    RichardRichard Registered User regular
    Morran wrote:
    @Richard : Greed corp is a great strategy/boardgame.

Loving it but I have to disconnect the phone from both wifi and phone net unless I want to have a huge ad right over some of the UI making the game unplayable. Haven't even found a way to pay for the game to get rid of it. Thinking of buying it for xbox, not that many good strategy games available.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Whoever it was that recommended Drag Racing is an evil bastard. It's easily become my game of choice when looking for something quick and mobile to play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote:
    Bullio wrote:
    I love gurk. I need to find other rpg style games to kill time.

Gailardia, perhaps?
    Are there any non tower defense, simple, RTS games for Android?

Have you checked out Majesty? It's not traditional RTS like StarCraft, but it has vaguely similar elements. It's free on GetJar, paid elsewhere.

Majesty works great on my Galaxy Nexus.

Yeah I found Worms shortly after I posted that... It's not as good as I imagined :(

I love the Kairosoft games but they don't have the same depth / fun factor as TP. I've tried Mega Mall Story and Game Dev Story, at least. Great games.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm not really sure there are any games on any phone that have that kind of depth. If there were, they wouldn't cost 2.50

• Options
    And a big fuck you to whoever mentioned Dungeon Raid, I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote:
    I'm not really sure there are any games on any phone that have that kind of depth. If there were, they wouldn't cost 2.50

I'd pay more, though, as long as the UI was optimised for phones. Make it happen, kthx

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Spaffy wrote:
    theSquid wrote:

I'd pay more, though, as long as the UI was optimised for phones. Make it happen, kthx

you know, I honestly would if my job didn't suck my will to code on an extracurricular basis out of me. I have the skill set required and a head full of ideas, but damn if I'm not sick of Eclipse by the time I get out of the office.

• Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote:
    And a big fuck you to whoever mentioned Dungeon Raid, I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT

You're welcome.

gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So Majesty is pretty damn playable on a phone. Kind of fun, too. I forgot I liked this game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Shredder Chess is kicking my ass even harder today.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Amazon's free app of the day is Bag It. Pretty fun puzzle game about stacking groceries. One of those where passing a level isn't too tough but getting a perfect score can be pretty tricky.

I'd say it's worth the $1, definitely worth today's $0.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Bag It seems to be one of the better free apps we've had recently. I played some this morning and it's very polished looking/playing.

I really wish the rest of the games from the Game Dev Story folks would go on a significant sale sometime - or that you could set some kind of "watch for discount" on the market. I know 4.99 is a reasonable price, but given how many of my games I get for free from Getjar or Amazon or that awesome .10 app sale I have a really hard time pulling the trigger.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    It's not a game, but has anyone tried the music-making app Caustic (free to try)? I can't wait to get a new phone and give it a shot, and since it seems to be about the only thing in its class available on Android, I wondered if any first-hand opinions were around.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I got some really good mileage out of Hot Springs Story. Then someone who hates my productivity suggested Dungeon Raid. I have not lost consecutive hours to a phone game ever.

Until now.

With my last breath, I curse Flammiebc!!!!

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I made Maddoc try Dungeon Raid. He then bought it. I then think he killed his battery playing it. I feel I have done my good deed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i picked up Pinball Arcade and its real fun. i only bought the Theater of Magic table, and admittedly its pricey as fuck for a phone game ($10 for all 4 tables), but if you like pinball definitely check it out. there are free versions of each table you can try. it works pretty well on my Sprint Epic, but it got kinda framey during multiball. the 4 tables are Tales From The Arabian Nights (i think thats the title?), Black Hole, Ripleys Believe It Or Not, and Theater Of Magic.

im definitely going to pick it up once it comes out on PSN, too.

• Options
    I'm loving Dungeon Raid but I find it frustrating that there's no clear indication of what needs to happen to level or unlock a new class. Is it just a random award on beating a boss? I've played three really good games with the warrior class and haven't unlocked anything.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    I'm loving Dungeon Raid but I find it frustrating that there's no clear indication of what needs to happen to level or unlock a new class. Is it just a random award on beating a boss? I've played three really good games with the warrior class and haven't unlocked anything.

it's actually based on a hidden xp component. the only things that give you the level up icon are the bosses.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Varega wrote:

it's actually based on a hidden xp component. the only things that give you the level up icon are the bosses.

How about class unlocks? The text that accompanies an unlock makes it sound like it's something specific you did, like (I'm paraphrasing here) "Because you've demonstrated you're a sneaky bastard, you've unlocked the Assassin class". I'm not sure exactly how my play that round evoked the sneaky bastard.

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Varega wrote:

How about class unlocks? The text that accompanies an unlock makes it sound like it's something specific you did, like (I'm paraphrasing here) "Because you've demonstrated you're a sneaky bastard, you've unlocked the Assassin class". I'm not sure exactly how my play that round evoked the sneaky bastard.

I've only found it to be random, though i haven't done much research on class unlocks. I unlocked ranger early, and i've been using that pretty much exclusively.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Chuchu rocket is a neat puzzler. Found myself loose a few minutes to doodle god, which is some kind of puzzle-matching game. A great thing with it is the built-in feature that actually prevents you from playing more than a few minutes at the time.

• Options
    Varega wrote:
    Varega wrote:

I've only found it to be random, though i haven't done much research on class unlocks. I unlocked ranger early, and i've been using that pretty much exclusively.

For science, let me note here that I just killed a vampire boss with the Warrior class and that unlocked the Mage. Curious to hear if this matches up with the Mage unlock for anyone else.

• Options
    voldaranvoldaran Registered User regular
    Yo dudes,

I just released my first android project to the market recently.

graBLOX!

5trxip.png

Game is simple to learn, deceptively challenging. I've been getting some great feedback in the reviews. You guys want to give it a shot and let me know what you think?

Android market link : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.voldaran.puzzle.graBLOX

QR Code : 5lupuw.png

try out my new game on Android Market! graBLOX
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Varega wrote:
    Varega wrote:

For science, let me note here that I just killed a vampire boss with the Warrior class and that unlocked the Mage. Curious to hear if this matches up with the Mage unlock for anyone else.

I was under the impression that class unlocks only came when you played the Adventurer class. If you can unlock other classes when you play any non-Adventurer class, that's news to me (and a good thing). However, playing the Adventurer is definitely the easier method to unlock all of the classes, as any trophies you get are strictly new classes. The Adventurer cannot level up.

I have a level 10 Warrior and level 10 Raider. Working on the Assassin now, but his class skill is kind of situational. It turns a random anything into a chain, which lets you link anything with it (pick up shields, chain, pick up potions). The problem is that it's random, so it could end up somewhere useful, or somewhere pointless. Also, things tend to get moved to the bottom of the screen, so it tends to sit there after a few turns if you don't find a way to use it right away. The good news is you CAN have multiple chains out if the cooldown refreshes before you've used one already in play, and you can chain multiple things (shields, potions, coins for example).

I've found the best perks to take are Faithful (Double regeneration effects - Cleric) and Daring (100% bonus from linking 10+ - Raider). Best flaws to take are Confused (Can't damage enemies for first 5 turns - Adventurer) and Clumsy (3% of shields are broken - Rogue). Those flaws are negligible effects, especially when you often end up with more armor per shield picked up than your total armor.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The flaw that makes special enemies show up one turn earlier is, if anything, actually beneficial.

• Options
    voldaran wrote:
    Yo dudes,

graBLOX!

(image snipped)

Game is simple to learn, deceptively challenging. I've been getting some great feedback in the reviews. You guys want to give it a shot and let me know what you think?

Android market link : https://market.android.com/details?id=com.voldaran.puzzle.graBLOX

This is a great puzzle game. Super-simple mechanics but some deep, tricky puzzles. Well done man! So cool to see awesome stuff produced by the PA community. :^:

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    After trying a lot of games on my tablet I'm really questioning the viability of tablets as a gaming platform

I need butttoonnnss

I mean I was playing a game with a bluetooth keyboard and then I realized, hey if I got my laptop out I could be playing Civ 5 instead. I think those tablet with docking keyboard/battery/touchpad things are the best option

override367 on
  • Options
    But Steve jobs invented the tablet how dare you question his wisdom

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Big fan of Where's my Water? as well. Very interesting puzzle game.

Thinking about grabbing this Dungeon Raid game...will my productivty drop to firing levels?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Right now Arabian Nights (great table) is 99 cents on The Pinball Arcade, in case you don't want to buy the lot. It's table of the month and thus a dollar cheaper.

• Options
    voldaranvoldaran Registered User regular
    voldaran wrote:
    Yo dudes,

graBLOX!

(image snipped)

This is a great puzzle game. Super-simple mechanics but some deep, tricky puzzles. Well done man! So cool to see awesome stuff produced by the PA community. :^:

Awesome comment, exactly what I wanted to go for. Now tell 15 of your friends and in no time I'll have 16 people playing this game! :)

try out my new game on Android Market! graBLOX
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Yeah graBLOX is a very cool (and tricky) game. Can't ask for much more than a free game that's fun.

I'm really happy I picked up the Humble Android Bundle, Osmos and Anomaly are way cool. Anomaly is a VERY polished reverse tower defense game with some amazing graphics.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    If you want your phone to beat your ass at chess as well as coach you I highly reccomend Shredder Chess.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Radiant HD is the free Amazon app of the day. Looks like a fun, retro-looking shmup and is something I've had my eye on for quite awhile now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Thanks for this thread, it's been so hard finding something on the app store I actually want to spend money on to play.

I picked up chuchu rocket becuase its awesome. I might pick up dungeon raid too....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    World of Goo, Sprinkle, Quell Reflect and a bunch others are 49 cents for google's rebranding of the android market to "google play".

https://play.google.com

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    World of Goo, Sprinkle, Quell Reflect and a bunch others are 49 cents for google's rebranding of the android market to "google play".

Awesome, not just US too.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

As is Pocket League Story. Kairosoft (Game Dev Story) games seem to rarely go on sale, so it might be wise to pick it up now if their games are things you like (no idea if this particular one is any good).

Where's My Water is also 25 cents.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Anyone played the android Dead Space?

49p and it looks decent, good reviews too.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal