Options

Syndicate: Loards for cheap, Orikae's calling it now - GOTY 2012.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Okay, Backfire is probably the best app.

"Oh, man, gonna beat this guy up so AAAAAAAGH, WHY DID MY GUN EXPLODE!?"

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh and this is for all the people lambasting the "you work for a faceless corporation as a killer, but unsurprisingly you switch sides" cliche (stolen from the G&T Syndicate thread):
    subedii wrote:
    In other news, EA have fortunately come out straight to say that this isn't going to be some kind of "redemption" story where the main character has a sudden change of sides after the touching interactions with his next door neighbour (Morgan Freeman) showing him the deeper meaning of his personal issues.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/syndicate/news/syndicates_hero_wont_turn_into_a_good_guy.html
    "You're certainly not playing a good guy. You follow him in the narrative, and that narrative will obviously unfold in different ways," explained O'Donnell. "When you first start you're playing as this agent working for EuroCorp, and you do their wet work for them. You have this really high-end chip in your head, and you can do things to people that they really wouldn't want to do - like commit suicide or change allegiance. You're by no means a good guy, you're there to do the dirty work."

But bad guys often get a sudden change of heart, reaching a moral epiphany. Not so in Syndicate, says O'Donnell.

"This isn't good and evil - it's not about that really," he added. "We're following the story of this guys who's an agent, so there's only a certain number of ways that can pan out really, aren’t they? [laughs]"

What I am guessing though is that he's going to be "climbing" the corporate ladder so to speak. Possibly with large amounts of ordnance.

Now they just need to release some more gameplay video. What they showed was interesting in that they seem to be devoting a decent amount to the AI, but that doesn't mean much in ultra-linear levels. Since the gameplay we've seen is of the first mission, it doesn't really mean much in regards to that one way or another.

Karl on
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I'm hopping on for a bit if anyone wants a game.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    maybe it ends with your character making his own company. and then syndicate two is you working for the character you played as in the first one and you work in teams of four doing missions.

Or he is some kind of commander you're playing as. and you give orders in real time remotely via airborn view.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    maybe it ends with your character making his own company. and then syndicate two is you working for the character you played as in the first one and you work in teams of four doing missions

Its all syndicates, all the way down.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    maybe it ends with your character making his own company. and then syndicate two is you working for the character you played as in the first one and you work in teams of four doing missions.

Or he is some kind of commander you're playing as. and you give orders in real time remotely via airborn view.

Syndicate Wars ends with (Eurocorp ending)
    You becoming the chief executive of Eurocorp. I can see something similar happening

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Man this game is fun, I play as mostly a healer backup sort of person and between squad heal and shield I don't think I've been less than 15000 points or so since.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Karl wrote:
    Melding wrote:

You becoming the chief executive of Eurocorp. I can see something similar happening

What's the Church ending, then?

• Options
    hey, someone on xbox, come play with cymril and I. add Melding on live and let's do this.

A dabble of long name is tryign to loosen his nat to come play.

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Bleh, live went funny after a disconnect and I couldn't actually join the party even though it said I was in it D:

Thanks for the game though, will do more later : b

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Recommend we change the thread name to Kneel To Talonius' Terribly Suicidal Internet Connection.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I am downloading this demo now

I don't know why I bothered to post because it's gonna be a while yet

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    well, we're goign to be playing more later tonight anyway.

i'm upgrading the shit out of the kusunaga assault rifle. i got the two scope set up, armour piercing bullets, and a bigger clip, i ruin people's days with that an my warcrime railgun revolver.

• Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    Hey I found a frozen pizza, eating it will make me feel like shit, but It saves me from having to drive all the way across town to get food, so I'm up for more games.

Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    okay I just finished downloading a thing my gamertag is A Dichotomy
    not any specific one
    just
    A Dichotomy

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Add Melding. and let's strong arm someone else into this. We have a thing to something!

• Options
    Okay we got 3 people. want a 4th. who wants to shoot dudes?

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    why is the evil chick from Deus Ex dual wielding MP7s

sig.png
  • Options
    because it's awesome.

• Options
    melding is hassling me to find a fourth for the 360 demo

so I am hassling this thread in turn

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    in a shocking twist this video game turns out to look pretty good??

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    i still don't quite understand the point of picking the uzi as your main weapon, but maybe the silencer makes it really cool?

• Options
    maybe it's got one of those damage-boosting silencers

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    boosts damage, accuracy and actually makes it louder?

Why, that's just mislabelling!

Actually it does have a fuck ton of bullets. and i think one of the upgrades boosts it even more? so i guess being a bullet hose is useful.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Game gives me a great Left 4 Dead vibe only it's cyberpunk instead of zombie apocalypse. I'm cool with that.

Also the belt-fed heavy shotgun is completely stupid awesome. I want to use it all the time.

• Options
    hopefully you can unlock it int he full game and start with it or something.

But yeah the weapons in this are pretty satisfying.

• Options
    healhacking is just delightful

I'm really torn
    this demo came out of nowhere but it is a really promising demo

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    yeah, i'm trying to come up with a cunning plan for 60 of the earth dollars. Though, i would also require several other peopel buying it, and i would probably get it on pc cause free online and my live is going to go silver in mid march.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I should try this game.

• Options
    Yes.

You should.

• Options
    oh right I forgot the problem of a crew to play it with

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    yeah, though i think i sold Cymril on it. so that's one.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote:
    Karl wrote:
    Melding wrote:

What's the Church ending, then?
    If i remember correctly, turns out the 9 (the head of the chruch) are all ex-eurocorp. Who plan to kill everyone on earth. So you ride to the moon and kill them all. I can't remember if you destroy Eurocorp in the process as well and remove the control of the Utopia chip.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    yeah, though i think i sold Cymril on it. so that's one.

I'd pick it up, but I'm trying to save money for East, and ME3 is already throwing a monkey wrench into that plan, so it might be a while. :(

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Yeah, ME3 has dibs on my tax return money already so I probably won't be shelling out cash dollars for this unless it goes on Steam sale (which it won't because of Origin).

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So Hard can be tough even for 4 people. If you let one goon with a shotgun through your guard, he'll punish you for it.

The Good: Playing with Melding, Tank and Dich and grinding out a win over *deep breath* Colonel Gabron.
    The Bad: The demo then takes a shit and I lose all my progress. Oh well, gonna hafta do it again sometime!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    don't go jogging then hold the mic up to your lips to read a mission briefing.

• Options
    Hey, anyone want to play around in this demo?

• Options
    I could do a thing maybe

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Well, i will be hoping on as soon as i finish uploading this podcast part.

Then if anyone else wants to shoot Cayman global security with Dich and I, well, come on down.