As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why is there no PAX south?

The ChuckstetThe Chuckstet Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Social Entropy++
Ok, so I'm from Texas and I have never been to pax, I have heard great things but I've never been and now I wont be able to go because of college , now my suggestion and I know its alot that I' m asking for is a pax south maybe in Houston, Dallas, San antonio, even In California for some of us people that are bound to the scorching heat of the south, and because houston is the 4th largest ciy in the us I'm sure a lot of people will turn up.

The Chuckstet on
«1

Posts

  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Because Texas.

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If some of us can make it to PAX from China and Australia, then surely there is a way for you to get to PAX Prime or East. One day. Surely.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    It's too dirty.

  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    If some of us can make it to PAX from China and Australia, then surely there is a way for you to get to PAX Prime or East. One day. Surely.

    Some of us would rather spend our limited vacation time in places that aren't the Northeast in March.

    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Let's just do myhousePAX

    welcome to Tennessee here is my dog would you like a Capri Sun

  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Scudo wrote:
    Let's just do myhousePAX

    welcome to Tennessee here is my dog would you like a Capri Sun

    Thank you for the welcome does the dog bite thank you for the beverage

  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Texas already has a GDC and a SXSW

    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED????

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I hear this movie is based on a fictional PAX North

    The-Grey-poster-2.jpg

  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Scudo wrote:
    Let's just do myhousePAX

    welcome to Tennessee here is my dog would you like a Capri Sun

    yes I would like a capri sun

    can you help me with the straw please

  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    The liebrals in congress will only allow PAX in socialist Meccas like Seattle.

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There is a PAX south, you'll just never be invited to it!

    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Butters wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    If some of us can make it to PAX from China and Australia, then surely there is a way for you to get to PAX Prime or East. One day. Surely.

    Some of us would rather spend our limited vacation time in places that aren't the Northeast in March.

    Then save up and go to the Northwest in August/September?

    I know not everyone goes for the same reasons but if you are going to PAX at all you're probably there for the convention or the company, so maybe the weather takes a backseat every couple years or so.

    I mean I really fail to see how it is the fault of the convention for being where it is when your argument is one over personal preferences and priorities.

    Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • The ChuckstetThe Chuckstet Registered User regular
    No there isnt, I am pre- med, pre-med!!!!!! , and texas does not stink, well not all of it.

  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Save up 10 dollars a week and there you go, plane ticket.

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I mean there's Olive Gardens in Texas right?

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I'm from Texas and I have never been to pax, I have heard great things but I've never been and now I wont be able to go because of college , now my suggestion and I know its alot that I' m asking for is a pax south maybe in Houston, Dallas, San antonio, even In California for some of us people that are bound to the scorching heat of the south, and because houston is the 4th largest ciy in the us I'm sure a lot of people will turn up.

    All of these locations are just as far from many of us as PAX and PAX East are.

    We still go.

    Suck it up.

  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I mean there's Olive Gardens in Texas right?

    Yeah, but all they serve is steak and BBQ.

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Sheri will you be at Prime this year? I see different things in different threads but basically Orlando is not looking likely for our trip later this year. :(

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I'm going to PAX Bangladesh


    as soon as I found out where Bangladesh is or if its even a country anymore or is it a city I'm not sure

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:
    Texas already has a GDC and a SXSW

    ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED????

    We also have Quakecon, don't forget that.

    JtgVX0H.png
  • The ChuckstetThe Chuckstet Registered User regular
    Im from houston, we have everything here, and I am broke from college, ok so yea maybe I do need to suck it up, but im not 21 yet so we have the problem of lodging to worry about. Once again pre- med.

  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sheri will you be at Prime this year? I see different things in different threads but basically Orlando is not looking likely for our trip later this year. :(

    I sure hope so

    Also you suck for not coming to Disney World

  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    YES LET'S JUST BRING PAX TO YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE SOOOOO SPECIAL

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:
    I'm going to PAX Bangladesh


    as soon as I found out where Bangladesh is or if its even a country anymore or is it a city I'm not sure

    It is a country. Near India.

    Also please accept my challenge in Hero Academy I am loving the shit out of this game and want more matches. MOARRRR.

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    AlabamaPAX, October 20th, 2012, Tuscaloosa.

    Nothing will go wrong.

    (This is an inside joke of absurd proportions that maybe two people will get on this entire forum)

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Because everything about the South is terrible


    yes even that

  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sheri will you be at Prime this year? I see different things in different threads but basically Orlando is not looking likely for our trip later this year. :(

    I sure hope so

    Also you suck for not coming to Disney World

    It's not my fault! :( I was totally down for coming but it doesn't look like we'll get enough time off to spend any real time in Orlando.

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    I mean there's Olive Gardens in Texas right?

    Yeah, but all they serve is steak and BBQ.

    doesn't stop you hanging round back for a quickie

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    Because everything about the South is terrible


    yes even that

    How DARE you speak that way about Talladega Motor Speedway

  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Im from houston, we have everything here, and I am broke from college, ok so yea maybe I do need to suck it up, but im not 21 yet so we have the problem of lodging to worry about. Once again pre- med.

    I went to PAX Prime when I was 18 and still in college. It cost me €1000 for my flights. I shared a room with 3 dudes from here to cut down on costs. I paid like $100 I think. I had a blast.

    Bootstraps.

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sheri wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Sheri will you be at Prime this year? I see different things in different threads but basically Orlando is not looking likely for our trip later this year. :(

    I sure hope so

    Also you suck for not coming to Disney World

    It's not my fault! :( I was totally down for coming but it doesn't look like we'll get enough time off to spend any real time in Orlando.

    </3

  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Then there's the people from China/Australia/New Zealand who went to that same PAX Prime and probably spent even more than me.

    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    more like

    Talladega Motor DUMBway

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Im from houston, we have everything here, and I am broke from college, ok so yea maybe I do need to suck it up, but im not 21 yet so we have the problem of lodging to worry about. Once again pre- med.

    learn how to walk and build a house

    you fucking hippy



  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Each time I've been to Texas I spent more time drunk than not.

  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote:
    more like

    Talladega Motor DUMBway

    TO THE DEATH





    viv I am at work so my turns will come SLOW and thoughtless until this evening

  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    Yeah, South Boston deserves some love too! PAX South Boston 2013.

    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Then there's the people from China/Australia/New Zealand who went to that same PAX Prime and probably spent even more than me.

    Hello yes that was me. From China. Hoarded frequent flyer miles to do it.

    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what's worse; the fact that he thought this thread was a good idea, or the fact that he posted it in the wrong forum.

    [IMG][/img]
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    PAX Raijin's Basement.

    Come for the entertainment...never leave.

This discussion has been closed.