As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »

This fandom never ceases to amaze me with how fucking fast they come up with good shit like this.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    XX55XX wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »
    Well, the one conundrum that was posed by this season has been resolved:

Can each episode be better than the last? Yes they can.

I can't believe I'm the only person commenting on how awesome it was that Spike was playing with the pony figures the whole time. :lol: Great touch.

I squealed when I realized there was a freaking VILLAIN SONG, and it was indeed an epic, epic villain song. Man, this show is incredible; time to wait several more poniless months now. D=

EDIT:
    jothki wrote: »
    I'm kind of disappointed by the finale. Epic, sure, but it still kind of felt like filler.

Where is my delicious, delicious character development?

The entire season has been nothing but character development. I like the change of pace this time around.

If Season 3 ends up being adventure-focused as is being speculated (with a season-long villain and such), then Season 2 has done a fantastic job of setting up for that, just in terms of how much character development and groundwork has been put into place.

Indeed. I'm somewhat tired of the slice of life episodes and the season finale was refreshing, in that it focused on characters doing stuff instead of being engaged in long dialogues and meaningless animation sequences that try to flesh out their characters. The Mane 6 is already fleshed out enough. I can't see how the writers can push the envelope any further.

I admit my perspective on it is sort of weird. If I want adventure, I can get that pretty much anywhere else. Ponies are my primary source of slice of life character development now.

Also, I'm one of the people who feels that the main cast have mostly been messing around on the edges of far more fundamental personality issues.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Blendtec wrote: »
    9EohQ.png

Twilight's brother flashback. Celestia tries, and fails against the Changelings. Rarity + Sweetie Belle episode, Applebloom was there, but no Scootaloo, so maybe? I seem to recall a Twilight-less episode. Big Mac and Cheerilee. Free space. Assertive Fluttershy. Trollestia always. Secret of my excess. Rarity's parents. Derpy spoke. Rainbowdash likes to read now. Pinkiepie obviously broke the 4th wall. Dragon migration. Changelings sorta?

Pretty sure the top left refers to a whole episode dedicated to flashbacks like the cutie mark chronicle one. They're changlings, not ponies. Im sure the panel is referring to seaponies or something with the word pony in it.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about those ones, especially the Changelings. They do look like ponies.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Just gonna link the whole thing. Drawfriend #402: Chrysalis Edition.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Just gonna link the whole thing. Drawfriend #402: Chrysalis Edition.

Signature hunting time! :)

Edit: Huh. There are some... interesting interpretations of her in there.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well yeah, the Villain went out like a punk. :|

BTW Sabre did you have some kinda pony revelation during the mareathon?

EDIT: Oh god, the comments on that page...

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    ib1hrJllepaJju.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    I actually feel that the amount of action has been good - same with adventure - however, the show is in a great place to start working in a epic story. I wouldn't have Season 2 any other way than it was. =)

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    17107120-20Alicorn20artist_alexmakovsky20Luna20princess20sleeping20update.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    The Adventures of Luna:
    The Laziest Princess

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Once upon a time I had a night job. Damn straight I was dead to the world from 8 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Yeah, last night I thought I heard someone breaking into the house. Know what I did? I rolled over and and accepted that I'd have a whole bunch of shit to deal with in the morning.
    I actually feel that the amount of action has been good - same with adventure - however, the show is in a great place to start working in a epic story. I wouldn't have Season 2 any other way than it was. =)

I agree with this 100%

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So in this hypothetical all-pets episode people are bandying about ideas for...no dialog, sub, or dub?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Like I said: Graveyard shifts suck and they make you miss everything cool.

Like lunch and stores being open and invasions and also maybe the apocalypse.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Maybe like that Excel Saga episode starring Menchi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRRuC27xEaY

SabreMau on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Almost had the fourth row, if it wasn't for Zecora.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but in a way we did learn some more about Zecora, if you count her showing previously unknown abilities in Luna Eclipsed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    agoaj wrote: »
    The Adventures of Luna:
    The Laziest Princess

I know it seems like it, but I really hope she wasn't an afterthought. How awesome would it have been if Luna saw Celestia defeated and summoned the power to turn into Nightmare Moon to hold off the queen while the mane 6 escaped?

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That wasn't a power that Luna held though.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "Don't run around at night Twilight Sparkle, why doesn't anyone listen to me?!?"

Did someone say that Lauren posted comments on the finale?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

I can't believe I'm the only person commenting on how awesome it was that Spike was playing with the pony figures the whole time. :lol: Great touch.

You weren't the only one thinking of this. Spike is awesome.
    His line at the end was hilarious.

However did that Squee compilation video that was posted a few pages ago is going to have to double it's length after this episode.

If Fighting is Magic adds a tag mode there's now at least one canon (hah!) combo attack.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    More Pixiv art:
    6f8WO.png

• Options
    That wasn't a power that Luna held though.

She could have learned how to use it during all the off screen time she had. And didn't see turn into NMM during NMN?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    she used magic to look like Nightmare Moon, she didn't actually turn into her

• Options
    You guys are impossible. Oh and listening to that B.B.B.F.F. song too damn much. It's starting to grow on me.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Maybe like that Excel Saga episode starring Menchi.

And this is an example of why you're one of my favorite people on the forums.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    OmnibusOmnibus Registered User regular
    "FOOLISH DOOMED FOALS! NOW, AS THE DAY HAS WANED AND OUR MIGHT HAS WAXED, YOU FACE THE WRATH OF THE NIGHT MARE MOO-
    Wait. There's fireworks and everyone's dancing. Huh. Twilight Sparkle must have freaked out during the rehearsal instead of at the actual ceremony. Well, whatever. Time to crash the party."

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    0JOOP.png

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular

I squealed when I realized there was a freaking VILLAIN SONG, and it was indeed an epic, epic villain song. Man, this show is incredible; time to wait several more poniless months now. D=

EDIT:
    I'm kind of disappointed by the finale. Epic, sure, but it still kind of felt like filler.

The entire season has been nothing but character development. I like the change of pace this time around.

If Season 3 ends up being adventure-focused as is being speculated (with a season-long villain and such), then Season 2 has done a fantastic job of setting up for that, just in terms of how much character development and groundwork has been put into place.

Indeed. I'm somewhat tired of the slice of life episodes and the season finale was refreshing, in that it focused on characters doing stuff instead of being engaged in long dialogues and meaningless animation sequences that try to flesh out their characters. The Mane 6 is already fleshed out enough. I can't see how the writers can push the envelope any further.

I admit my perspective on it is sort of weird. If I want adventure, I can get that pretty much anywhere else. Ponies are my primary source of slice of life character development now.

Also, I'm one of the people who feels that the main cast have mostly been messing around on the edges of far more fundamental personality issues.

Unfortunately, most of that character development is rarely ever permanent...

• Options
    I love that Soarin's off-duty/formal attire is a basically an airline pilot's uniform

• Options
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    teehee

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    From the guys with did Epic Cupcake Time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sob1t-iUCmE

• Options
    "So... Awesome!"

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    my biggest issue with the finale:
    there's no footage of Rarity during the brawl, just the one still frame

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

EDIT:

I disagree. AppleJack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash all show character development across the episodes. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity can be argued for.. and Pinkie Pie is.. erm.. Pinkie Pie. Hell, even she shows more responsibility by the end.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

EDIT:

Eh, I've yet to see an aesop completely repeated. Like I said, they aren't fixing their real problems, just dealing with individual manifestations.

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »

EDIT:

I disagree. AppleJack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash all show character development across the episodes. Twilight Sparkle and Rarity can be argued for.. and Pinkie Pie is.. erm.. Pinkie Pie. Hell, even she shows more responsibility by the end.

hey!
    Pinkie Pie sneezes CONFETTI

can you claim that honor?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    There absolutely is permanent character development. I could not disagree more.

Remember, too: Character development does not always just mean "personality change" or "learning and growth"; it covers when the audience learns more about the character's motivations and we observe the character becoming more well-rounded. This happens to every one of the main six ponies during the second season, and with a large number of the side characters as well.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Rainbow Dash still reads!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.