As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic

SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう판다리아Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Social Entropy++

(and now the copypaste from last thread because I'm tired)

Ground rules continuing in effect:
  • No questionable art/stories/shipping/etc. We do not condone any sexualizing of the characters. Yes, we know The Internet does it. The Internet does that with everything. If people want to prejudge here based on there, that's their issue, but this thread is to be devoid of such content.
  • No linking to full episodes, with the exception of The Hub's website which has an episode or two plus a bunch of clips. The full series (including new episodes as they air) is available on iTunes. DVD releases are scheduled, but only in a single-disc, few episodes at a time format, due to retailers only wanting those as they sell better to parents. Box sets or blu-rays aren't on the horizon at the moment, so iTunes is your official support-the-show-with-dollars purchase spot. If you're not in a country where they offer it there, pester them until they do, I guess.

Upcoming episodes:
  • Season Three, times and dates TBA

Previous threads:
Other links:
And this GIF is still here because Tradition.

anideal.gif

SabreMau on

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    There wasn't a thread wrap up song. Someone do a "becoming a new thread" song or something!

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Not the OP theme I was expecting, but I approve! :^:

May the friendship be with us, always.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    This thread will be different. I think this time, we're going to be more normal and less weird. We're going to be fine.

Let's sing about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Faz0LwbG36s

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I can totally sing a song. Post it on youtube and embed it here. It's definitely a thing I can do.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    STAR WARS PONIES GO!
    destroyer_droid_attack_by_azurevine-d4ngndz.jpg

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This might be my favorite OP yet.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Three guesses what game Sabre has been playing for the past several weeks!

I had thought that the last thread took longer than some of the previous threads, but then I remembered we have more posts per thread now because of the forum switch. We sure go through the pages like they were candy.

• Options
    thepizzaelementalthepizzaelemental Registered User regular
    This OP doesn't have any Derpy Quinn. Is there Derpy Quinn fanart yet? Because there should be.

MH3: B77AE9 - Natou
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    We were talking about other adult likable cartoons at the tail of the other thread.

While i fully agree with the Batman:TAS/(Any bruce tim stuff)/gargolyes that was mentioned I feel the need to add to the list.

I really shouldnt have to put this here. But sadly, its been a long time since these were actually on TV and I think this generation has pretty much missed them.
    http://www.amazon.com/Looney-Tunes-Platinum-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B005DMHHHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328198769&sr=8-1

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This OP doesn't have any Derpy Quinn. Is there Derpy Quinn fanart yet? Because there should be.

I forgive the lack of Derpy Quinn for the smuggler icon existing.

• Options
    PhantomFoxPhantomFox MarylanRegistered User regular
    Okay, now that we've had two AJ episodes, has it raised your opinion of the poor underloved Earth Pony any? I know that Rarity wasn't liked that much until Suited For Success came around, and I was wondering if these two episodes did something similar for Applejack?

BannerAd1-3.jpg
    A new story updating Mondays.
  • Options
    Wait what? Applejack is underloved? She's the best one of the group!

/biased-as-fuck

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    A bit late for the OP, but I was bored at work.
    IIl1N.png

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I know it's just a dumb image macro, but this cracks me up every time I think about it:
    50c36.jpg

re: applejack - she's good, it's just that some other ponies are so much better

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I dont have a problem with AJ, but im beginning to think shes somehow suppose to represent the minority or oppressed member in the group. Her and pinky are the only two earth ponies, and pinky is a 'city' while AJ is a 'country' character archtype. Just a few weeks ago we learn that Celestia pointed the earth ponies to ponyville many years ago. (no idea of the age of granny smith but lets say at least 50 years). How exactly could AJ be in danger of losing the farm due to lack of money? Do they not own it? Are they the serfs of equestria with Celestia collecting cruel rents? Are they just really bad businesspeople?

Yes i know these are rather silly thoughts applied to a cartoon. but i guess thats the result of an older person watching the show unable to completely distance the real world from a cartoon.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote:
    I dont have a problem with AJ, but im beginning to think shes somehow suppose to represent the minority or oppressed member in the group. Her and pinky are the only two earth ponies, and pinky is a 'city' while AJ is a 'country' character archtype. Just a few weeks ago we learn that Celestia pointed the earth ponies to ponyville many years ago. (no idea of the age of granny smith but lets say at least 50 years). How exactly could AJ be in danger of losing the farm due to lack of money? Do they not own it? Are they the serfs of equestria with Celestia collecting cruel rents? Are they just really bad businesspeople?

Yes i know these are rather silly thoughts applied to a cartoon. but i guess thats the result of an older person watching the show unable to completely distance the real world from a cartoon.

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts
    (da da da)
    Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show, I should really just relax"

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ROBOT ROLL CALL

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    ROBOT ROLL CALL

Mike and the Bots really need to guest star on this show.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    PhantomFoxPhantomFox MarylanRegistered User regular
    Well, it's just that in most of talk I hear, AJ is near the bottom of the 'best pony' list. She's often the straight man of the group, and ends up coming off as boring sometimes. She just doesn't seem to generate that much conflict by herself for some reason. Most other characters have a goal or a personal quirk to help generate conflict, but Applejack just... works her orchard. The Last Roundup did a good job on expanding on her high standards for herself, but most of what she does just doesn't have much potential character growth. She's just too sensible. Perhaps if they played up her stubbornness or temper a tad, but would that be edging in on Dash's territory? Personally, I think the most potential lies in what I imagine to be her way of black and white way of looking at the world. Things are what they are, and I wouldn't be surprised if she has a hard time changing her perceptions.

BannerAd1-3.jpg
    A new story updating Mondays.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    ROBOT ROLL CALL

Mike and the Bots really need to guest star on this show.

Nah.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Awesome OP!

AJ is usually bottom of the list not because she's boring or anything, but because the others are so exciting. Rarity and Twilight have magic and epic freakouts, plus songs. Rainbow and Fluttershy can fly, sonic rainbooms, animals and such. Pinkie can break the 4th wall, she's crazy and has songs. AJ sells apples and apple accessories, spoiler'd picture related.
    FY4YA.jpg

Unrelated but still funny. Shame Ask Applebloom is no more.
    QRksb.jpg

Blendtec on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    what_do_we_have_here__by_fbslyunfbs.jpg

mlp___howling_in_the_hills_by_huussii.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_k9AkaSz-4

You can find a metric ton of these.

Inspired by
    (NSFW)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx6_MWVHZ4g

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Applejack is mostly sane - and that, in my book, is a big disadvantage right there

PH7Yr.jpg

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    yep, Applejack is already the most grown up of the bunch, running a giant business and helping raise her sister. she has less "room" to make a plot-driving mistake
    however when she does go off on one of her stubborn fits, its usually to the detriment of the others. (she ended up wrecking the whole town in applebuck season & devastated her family and friends in the last roundup)
    All of the other ponies have flaws that primarily hurt themselves. (see twilight/rarity's breakdowns, dash's ego trapping her in a canyon, etc)

and, of course, she does play the straight man a lot of the time. She's just not as flashy as the others.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Excellent, glad I can get my PA pony fix.

QC9V1.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    GV2N1.jpg

FyyJO.jpg

s6AMZ.jpg

• Options
    We have a reliable but anonymous source that has confirmed that Hasbro Inc. is currently pressuring WeLoveFine T-Shirts to remove their Derpy related merchandise. We are currently at this time unsure if it is all Derpy related material, or just that which carries the so called “offensive” term on it.

From DerpyHoovesNews

Also this shirt that used to be called Derpy Bubbles is now just called Pony Cutie Mark.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote:
    We have a reliable but anonymous source that has confirmed that Hasbro Inc. is currently pressuring WeLoveFine T-Shirts to remove their Derpy related merchandise. We are currently at this time unsure if it is all Derpy related material, or just that which carries the so called “offensive” term on it.

From DerpyHoovesNews

Also this shirt that used to be called Derpy Bubbles is now just called Pony Cutie Mark.

This is a joke/rumor/something, right? Because if not, that is pants on head levels of ridiculousness.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh a Valentine's episode. Neat.

Though I'm not sure Macintosh is going to be an interesting date.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Blendtec wrote:
    MrDapper wrote:

From DerpyHoovesNews

This is a joke/rumor/something, right? Because if not, that is pants on head levels of ridiculousness.

Nope! Equestria Daily made a post suggesting fans buy Derpy stuff now to show support.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm actually on the side that the name does frequently have insensitive connotations (regardless of how benign the origins of the word itself may be).

When you're a major corporation, you're gonna err on the safe side. Just settle for Ditzy Doo or, better yet, maybe Hasbro can do a contest for a new name.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    EqD's most recent post is still erring on the side of rumors being rumors, but what we know for now is the DVD that's coming out end of the month is unchanged and WeLoveFine is doing things, maybe on their own or maybe with prompting from Hasbro. Not much concrete info on the drama yet.

Besides, wouldn't "Ditzy" also be considered a derogatory term of some sort? One that's actually in dictionaries?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    *SquirrelRage startup sequence: activate*

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    I dunno; in the overall scheme of things, I'm just abiding. Unless/until it affects the show itself, all this side drama is just on the side. And mostly rumors. Interesting to monitor, but not really critical.

• Options
    awesome clip from the upcoming dash episode:
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/new-read-it-and-weep-clip.html#more
    (spoilers, obviously)

• Options
    awesome clip from the upcoming dash episode:
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/02/new-read-it-and-weep-clip.html#more
    (spoilers, obviously)

Oh man
    Indiana Jones parody? Hell yes!

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    Aww, that's cute! I bet that's Rainbow imagining herself in one of the books she reads.

"That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    Marvellous OP!

• Options
    WarbleWarble Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Regarding spoiler clip
    Stripey hair, wings, and pink eyes, Could she be an older relative of rainbow dash? Her expressions seem similar to rainbow's too...

Warble on
This discussion has been closed.