As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SSX] World class tunnel physics simulator

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Finally played this today.

I'm kinda mixed about it - it doesn't have the cohesive feeling of SSX3, or, surprisingly, the grandeur, but this is pretty good. One thing that I really don't like is how sensitive the stick is. I can't actually target rails very well because a slight touch to the stick makes the character just rocket to the side. SSX3's controls were no where near this sensitive. :/

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    So connecting a PS3 to PC is much harder than I was expecting. Connecting the 360 was a case of finding it under Network connections and saying yep, that's allowed. PS3 ain't appearing on my PC, no matter what settings I jiggle around. The PS3 can find my PC just fine; just can't access anything cause it doesn't have permission. So. Whafuck?

Also I beat World Tour. Single hardest moment was the Africa Ghost race. Everything after that was, well, not cake. But certainly easier for me.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You don't have to locate the PS3 from your PC, just right click on the folder you want to share and hit Properties, Shared Tab, then click the "Share This Folder" button. Then the PS3 (and anyone else on the network) will have access to it.

Allforce on
  • Options
    Well aren't I quite the goose. Cheers Allforce.

Also, I just cleared the Darkness DD with no headlight/goggles. I feel pretty great right now. :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    The custom events you guys are setting up are fucking AWESOME, I love it. I could do these Survive It runs all day because it really rewards choosing the right gear and pulling off the run over and over as it gets more and more difficult.

• Options
    TomaToma Registered User regular
    I have to admit, as cheese as the high score videos are, they've actually helped me score better in events. Not by doing the back and forth uphill thing, but by showing me I need to use more of the environment than just the brightly lit ramps.

tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • Options
    This week's big Global Event is The Big Show on Boris in Siberia, both Trick and Race. Raise awareness! Go play it, recommend it to people, etc. Hopefully it'll hit 50,000 participants, make the Platinum Trophy viable. :3

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Man. This, ME 3, and SF x Tekken. My life is ruined.

• Options
    chidonachidona Registered User regular
    I think it's fine what that guy is doing - pushing a game to the limit
    This week's big Global Event is The Big Show on Boris in Siberia, both Trick and Race. Raise awareness! Go play it, recommend it to people, etc. Hopefully it'll hit 50,000 participants, make the Platinum Trophy viable. :3

I'm bringing the average down as we speak.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    the weekly have a huge payout and it's not too hard to get at least a gold, there's no reason not to do them.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    The first weekly on the PS3 version didn't reach 50,000 participants, and one of the trophies requires collecting all Global Events badges, and there's a Global Event badge for participating in an event with 50,000 other people. So! Anyone ever wants to Platinum SSX...

On the subject of SSX trophies! Under the PS3 trophy collection, SSX appears as "SSX Trophy Set" rather than, y'know, "SSX" - I find that quite odd.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Yo! Request to be added to the OP under 360 tags. Mine is Nyroc B Wing. The underlined part.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    The first weekly on the PS3 version didn't reach 50,000 participants, and one of the trophies requires collecting all Global Events badges, and there's a Global Event badge for participating in an event with 50,000 other people. So! Anyone ever wants to Platinum SSX...

On the subject of SSX trophies! Under the PS3 trophy collection, SSX appears as "SSX Trophy Set" rather than, y'know, "SSX" - I find that quite odd.

Yeah I think they might have overreached themselves on that one a bit. Got the 15k one on the first weekend but maybe it should be on the same slope rather than the same event.

Have achievements ever been changed post-release for anything?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Yeah, the more I play this the more I wish they had just added ridernet to ssx3. I find it lacks the stuff that kept me coming back to ssx3 over and over again.

Mainly ridiculous characters, and character customization. Mac isn't Mac unless I can put bling and headphones on him.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    As a btw, i added everyone on the 360 list, for anyone wondering what the strange friend request is. Also, @Local H Jay, your friend list is full dawg.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    A+ for the title.

And whoever thought adding Antarctica was a good idea is an idiot or a masochist.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Yeah, the more I play this the more I wish they had just added ridernet to ssx3. I find it lacks the stuff that kept me coming back to ssx3 over and over again.

Mainly ridiculous characters, and character customization. Mac isn't Mac unless I can put bling and headphones on him.

Yeah I miss the cartoony style and the character customization as well. It really makes you feel more invested in your rider, plus see everyone else's ridiculous ghosts would be awesome.

I also miss 60 fps.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    As a btw, i added everyone on the 360 list, for anyone wondering what the strange friend request is. Also, @Local H Jay, your friend list is full dawg.
    removed some peeps and added you man

• Options
    horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    After a long arduous hour filled with many restarts, I finally managed to beat Gunwarrior's time. The race was so intense. I would feel better about it if I wasn't thinking how long before he beats my time . . .

PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    removed some peeps and added you man

Thanks man!

btw, some of yall should hop on one of the global events. i got silver on my first run, and it should last for a few more days, so BEAT ME! (my score, not actually me.)

PrjctD_Captain on
  • Options
    Yellow RangerYellow Ranger Registered User regular
    I feel like I've capped out my trick run scores. Like no matter what I do I just don't get any better. It's pretty frustrating.

I have some questions:

1. What is the best use of big air? Should I hold one or two tricks, or try to pull off as many as I can?

2.It's better to avoid rails in trick events, right? Even though I can pull off more tricks, thus building my combo, I'm getting less points than I would tricking of the environment.

3. Is carrying a combo to the end vitally important? What kind of bonus do you get for a 120+ combo?

I enjoy the survival and race events but I'm beating against a wall trying for high scores. :(

sigcx.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    turns out i'm 300% better at this game when drunk

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Once your multiplier is 15-20 or so, hold one trick.

If it's a long rail, use it to get your multiplier up. Otherwise, don't stay on for too long, you can jump off before the end and get some good air usually.

Not sure, but you definitely get more points the longer a combo goes.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

Hahaha.

I'm gonna put a few hours into this tonight after I Effect some Masses. Once I beat ME 3, I'll be back on board with this game full steam.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

Hahaha.

I'm gonna put a few hours into this tonight after I Effect some Masses. Once I beat ME 3, I'll be back on board with this game full steam.

Nod, ME3 is destroying my ability to play SSX pretty effectively. Really wish I had more time :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

Hahaha.

Nod, ME3 is destroying my ability to play SSX pretty effectively. Really wish I had more time :/

I have this, ME 3, and SF x Tekken all on my plate. Ugh.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Have until midnight tonight to put in a bunch of runs and global events before the ME3 monolith takes over.

Might put up a new custom global event too.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Have until midnight tonight to put in a bunch of runs and global events before the ME3 monolith takes over.

Might put up a new custom global event too.

If you do, let us know plox. Global Events are the Coolest Thing Ever tm.

• Options
    chidonachidona Registered User regular
    Aaarrghhh, someone even worse than me play the JT2 Race event going on right now. I've cut my time down to 1:55.06, but the gold is, like, .4 seconds away. The funny thing about the ghost that I'm following is that for the first half of the race I'm way ahead, and as soon as you reach the post-railyard tunnel, he's all fucking VROOOOOOM.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

Yeah I miss the cartoony style and the character customization as well. It really makes you feel more invested in your rider, plus see everyone else's ridiculous ghosts would be awesome.

I also miss 60 fps.

They definately should have kept the art style and ridiculous props, I like the 'loot and xp' style of getting new gear and boards though.

Although, one thing I find odd, I think that the characters are too good at tricks and stuff right out of the gate. I always felt that at the start of SSX games you were the greatest possible normal snowboarder, and after getting some better boards you became a levitating snow beast spinning continuously through the air. In this game I can do a double backflip from a standing start while going uphill.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    TomaToma Registered User regular
    I have this unhealthy wanting to level up all the characters. I don't know why I'm bothering, since it's technically impossible for any PS3 owner to get the World Tour trophy now. Good luck getting that 50,000 participant badge.

tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    Is it just me can anyone else on the PS3 not connect to Ridernet? It just gets stuck at the "connecting to Ridernet" part after the title screen

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    Is it just me can anyone else on the PS3 not connect to Ridernet? It just gets stuck at the "connecting to Ridernet" part after the title screen

I had this happen once this week. There doesn't seem to be a timeout on this process so you just stay there infinitely. I quit the game to xmb, started it again and everything was fine.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So I just got my copy of the game a few days ago and started the tour.

Damn, but I feel like such a loser. Can't even beat some of the events in world tour. ^^; Still trying to figure out what control scheme to go with.

• Options
    AbsurðrAbsurðr Näkrå maximum fucking hellRegistered User regular
    I'm enjoying this, especially the straight-forward races, but man if some of the levels don't make me rage out. I think one was called One Step Ahead, a tight ridge path with lots of curves, just about made me blow up. I wish the rewind function was useful, since the load times don't exactly help when you're forced to restart every time you screw up.

still, hurtling through the courses half in control is pretty exhilarating.

I really need to get the tricking down, my scores are so bad I keep avoiding it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HaukyHauky Registered User regular
    Has anybody mentioned yet that they're finally giving out the codes to unlock Travis Rice on their Facebook page?

bobross.png
  • Options
    Hauky wrote: »
    Has anybody mentioned yet that they're finally giving out the codes to unlock Travis Rice on their Facebook page?

Is there anyway to get a code for the PS3?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    HaukyHauky Registered User regular

I believe once you like and share it, it asks you what console you want your code for.

bobross.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I believe once you like and share it, it asks you what console you want your code for.

Yup, it does. It's pretty misleading, when you like it and it shows you a fake 360 code, but then when you share it allows you to choose a system and gives you a real code. People are very confused on Facebook over it and I don't blame them.

I deleted the share post right after getting the code :)

Uselesswarrior on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    A real snowboarder in my ssx? No thank you.

maybe they'll start giving out Eddie codes. I want to do the worm.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg