As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SSX] World class tunnel physics simulator

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    So I still can't start up my game. I've tried about 8 times now and it gets stuck there every time. After doing a google search it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem either. This sucks

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Same thing happened to me when I tried to play today.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Found something on the ssx forums that worked for me.

Disconnect the internet from your ps3. Start up the game, and start a run in explore. Pause the game, then reconnect the internet. When you finish the run it will connect to ridernet to upload your score.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hey, that Travis Rice Facebook thing isn't showing up for us foreigners. Could someone hook me up so I don't have to mess around with proxies? :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, now that I've got internet for the first time in a week, I am absolutely dreading seeing what scores and times are waiting for me on Ridernet.

Especially yours, gunwarrior and DeMoN. Not looking forward to seeing those monstrosities.

EDIT - JT2 is mine again. Bring it, gunwarrior. :D

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    How in the fu-

Guess I gotta try harder to get this working, no way am I gonna let that stand!

• Options
    Thing is, between us we could probably manage a 1:35, because I'm better through the first half of the run, and you're better at the second half.

Also, anyone on PS3, head to Antarctica -> Vinson Massif -> Rolling Thunder -> Trick It! on the Global Events; there's a crazy one going right now that's a 2 million credit buy-in, but anyone above Bronze makes a profit: Platinum is currently worth 15 million, and is about that for points. Still one day left on it.

• Options
    Well, now that I've got internet for the first time in a week, I am absolutely dreading seeing what scores and times are waiting for me on Ridernet.

Especially yours, gunwarrior and DeMoN. Not looking forward to seeing those monstrosities.

Heh, I haven't even been playing.

Just don't do too well. I once spent like 40 minutes just trying to beat one of your trick scores.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

Just don't do too well. I once spent like 40 minutes just trying to beat one of your trick scores.

I haven't either. ME 3 is shredding my time up. Once I'm done though, all of your scores are in my sights. ;)

• Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    My copy is on it's way, should be getting it tonight if not tomorrow. Xbox live: Frugus

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Alright, just finished the single player, so jumping into ridernet and fully prepared to be emasculated by your guys times and scores.

I got a PS3 and my id is hexican75287, just send out a bunch of friend requests.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular

I haven't either. ME 3 is shredding my time up. Once I'm done though, all of your scores are in my sights. ;)

I just tied one of your times down to the tenth of a second. Pretty awesome! I'm leaving it as it is because I think it's more impressive than actually beating your time.

• Options
    Allforce wrote: »

I just tied one of your times down to the tenth of a second. Pretty awesome! I'm leaving it as it is because I think it's more impressive than actually beating your time.

/high five

Which time?

• Options
    It's one where we're both sitting at like SIlver, I can't remember the exact course. You weren't even my Rival on that track, it's that cursed MetaHT (whoever that is, show yourself here!). That guy is ahead of me by 1-2 seconds on EVERY track and it motivates me like nothing else seeing him crushed haha.

• Options
    AbsurðrAbsurðr Näkrå maximum fucking hellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It's one where we're both sitting at like SIlver, I can't remember the exact course. You weren't even my Rival on that track, it's that cursed MetaHT (whoever that is, show yourself here!). That guy is ahead of me by 1-2 seconds on EVERY track and it motivates me like nothing else seeing him crushed haha.
    :) I have to apologize, you've been my only source of competition for races, so I hope it doesn't seem like I'm harassing you. You've given me plenty of replay value, trying over and over until I edge by your score haha.

H Jay's trick scores mean I have to take satisfaction from racing :P I think I've beaten maybe two of his, but only on the more dangerous tracks where it's hard to really get into it.

Hooooweee Weirdsville has a crazy drop if you wingsuit over the top of the mountain on the right, about halfway through. I thought it was going to count as off-map when I first tried it, ha.

Absurðr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahaha no don't apologize, that rules that you're always gunning for me. You show up as a Rival on more of my tracks than anyone else by far so I'm always doing the same. I rarely do Trick Races because I know it's just going to give me arthritis quicker so it's basically races for me over and over.

I love when I do a race in this game and get a Silver medal and see someone up at Gold on my Friends list like THIRTY seconds ahead of me, then I do the track over and over and find out they're Wingsuitin' it across half the map off some bizarre shortcut I never noticed before right off the heli. Such a great game.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Absurðr wrote: »
    :) I have to apologize, you've been my only source of competition for races, so I hope it doesn't seem like I'm harassing you. You've given me plenty of replay value, trying over and over until I edge by your score haha.

H Jay's trick scores mean I have to take satisfaction from racing :P I think I've beaten maybe two of his, but only on the more dangerous tracks where it's hard to really get into it.

Hooooweee Weirdsville has a crazy drop if you wingsuit over the top of the mountain on the right, about halfway through. I thought it was going to count as off-map when I first tried it, ha.

haha, my trick scores may be good but i suck really bad at racing so you'll never see me beat some of those nuts times people put down :P
    i too found that massive drop you mentioned, it's so huge i can do a full 12 backflips before landing. i have to figure out the best way to work that thing into a combo, because shiiiiiit is it worth a lot of points (and i actually pulled back in my seat once i saw how high up i was... no human would survive a fall like that)

• Options
    Hahaha no don't apologize, that rules that you're always gunning for me. You show up as a Rival on more of my tracks than anyone else by far so I'm always doing the same. I rarely do Trick Races because I know it's just going to give me arthritis quicker so it's basically races for me over and over.

I love when I do a race in this game and get a Silver medal and see someone up at Gold on my Friends list like THIRTY seconds ahead of me, then I do the track over and over and find out they're Wingsuitin' it across half the map off some bizarre shortcut I never noticed before right off the heli. Such a great game.
    Ok, glad I'm not being annoying haha. Yeah, I love the exhilarating, barely-in-control feel of the races. It would be funny to know how many times I restart tracks trying to eke out a win, but it makes it feel so much better when I manage to avoid pits and nail the line I want perfectly. Ridernet makes it really enjoyable looking for faster routes.
    haha, my trick scores may be good but i suck really bad at racing so you'll never see me beat some of those nuts times people put down :P
    i too found that massive drop you mentioned, it's so huge i can do a full 12 backflips before landing. i have to figure out the best way to work that thing into a combo, because shiiiiiit is it worth a lot of points (and i actually pulled back in my seat once i saw how high up i was... no human would survive a fall like that)
    If I was as good at tricking as you I would stick to it as well :) Hahah yeah, it makes me uneasy each time I do that jump.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am once again the king of JT2

I really want to see you beat this one, Blitz.

• Options
    gunwarrior wrote: »
    I am once again the king of JT2

I really want to see you beat this one, Blitz.

Had a quick check to see the time you'd set earlier, and damn, that's going to be a toughie. Not going to attempt it tonight, but I'll see what I can do about breaking 1:35 tomorrow. ;-)

• Options
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky, gunwarrior; I see what you did at the end there...

...and just did it myself. 1:34.29. Your move. :D

• Options
    TomaToma Registered User regular
    So, fellow trophy hunters, rumor is that if the two global events on Vorassay: Beyond the Fall don't reach 50k participants in the next week, they're going to run bots to fill up the rest. Might be one of the few chances to snag that 50k badge on PS3.

tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whew. Just laid down a 1:01:93 run on the shortest race on Mt. Fuji (Area Zero). It may be a seven-person event, but I'm in the diamond bracket!

Feels good.

...except my cheeks feel tingly. That's normal, right?

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    chidonachidona Registered User regular
    Just picked this up for the first time since ME3 dropped, it's still awesome.

This is the thing about SSX, it's such a great game to play in small bursts, when you've only got half an hour or so, but you can also happily sink entire days into it if you feel so obliged.

• Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Fiiiinally picked up a copy for PS3. Can't wait to be emotionally and spiritually destroyed by you guys.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    Toma wrote: »
    So, fellow trophy hunters, rumor is that if the two global events on Vorassay: Beyond the Fall don't reach 50k participants in the next week, they're going to run bots to fill up the rest. Might be one of the few chances to snag that 50k badge on PS3.

The number of participants in the Race event shot up an unreal amount, it's nearly at 50,000 now. So I guess they did flood it with bots! :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Wish they'd do that with the 360 version.

I can't remember there being a 50k race even on the first weekend.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It was the same race the PS3 version never hit 50K on, 360 did it in like 3 days. You probably have the ribbon and don't even realize it since it was that "The Easiest Way to Earn Credits is Blablabla Event on Serenity, 0 Credits to Join Now!" opening message on Global Events.

Allforce on
  • Options
    Finished ME 3 - back to SSX! Good to be back. :)

• Options
    My copy of ME3 is just kind of sitting there. I think I have a problem, and can't pull myself away from playing this strange little game where all I do is fall down holes.

tomapop.gif

• Options
    Race It on Beyond The Fall is past 50,000! Get in there! :D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Race It on Beyond The Fall is past 50,000! Get in there! :D

same on 360

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Excellent, got the medal.

Now it's just my stupid fingers to get over for a 1000g.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    So I reread the tricking tips and realized that I haven't been doing the better grabs using the right stick to trick. This is making more sense now :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahah, I finally beat BlitzAce on a couple Trick Its. Yeah, I don't care if you don't care about Trick Its. I won.

Actually, I seem to do better on Tricks than Races in general, not really struggled with any Golds in Explore yet. But the Race Gold requirements? Sweet fuck.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Wow, gotta love when a Platinum score in an event gets knocked down to silver. Might have to spend some time getting good on Beyond the Fall before it closes. I've been spending so much time in Explore trying to medal all the tracks that it's about time do some competition.

Then again, never having to play a Trick It event in the dark caves makes it totally worth it. RIP you god-awful trick events.

tomapop.gif

• Options
    Woman I know you want to play Skyward Sword but there's only one TV in this house and I need my SSX fix godDAMMIT

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    I have not a single friend with SSX. I'm adding everyone on the PS3 list, if they don't mind. My tag is ruzking.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    Part of me feels bad about cheesing diamond wins for medals on Mt. Fuji, but the runs are pretty crappy so it rounds out.

• Options
    Thanks for adding me, guys. Having rivals has turned this into a totally different game.

g4OlSIF.jpg