As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robots in Disguise (Transformers 4! Coming June 29th 2014)

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Wait, isn't Prime also in the Cybertron games continuity? So that means ...
    Rescue Bots reskin DLC

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    metroid we have to kill you and remove all evidence of your existence now

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    whose idea was this anyway

"oh yeah prime and WfC are the same universe and characters

...even though in WfC Starscream was the scientist in charge of messing with dark energon and in prime he's all 'WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT'

and oh yeah the dinky little kid's cartoon is ALSO the same universe, I guess they're Optimus's second family that he visits during 'business trips'."

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    because even when hasbro tries to be consistent they are inconsistent

it's kinda sad to watch but at the same time they're trying

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Hasbro consistently refers to all Aligned fiction as one "continuity", and while different storylines may appear to contradict each other, "reasons for the confusion will be revealed".[1] However, that ideal is hampered by the fact that various elements of the fiction have separate creative teams with distinct visions that sometimes conflict. For that reason, this wiki takes the more cautious route of calling it a "continuity family". The brand bible's description in Transformers Vault states it paints the Transformers history in broad strokes, so as to give creators the necessary flexibility when crafting their stories, a belief echoed by statements made at BotCon 2011: Archer spoke of a "squint test" where everything can be seen as one family of stories, where only fans would see differences.

• Options
    we can't get our shit together because unicron is gnawing on the walls of reality

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I hate prime

because

it's not animated

NO NINJA PROWL, NO SALE.

Also, we're learning about primates in Anthropology class, and I I kept thinking TRUKK NOT MUNKY.

Then I wondered if there was an alternate continuity where beast wars was the original canon, and people screamed MUNKY NOT TRUKK.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    we can't get our shit together because unicron is gnawing on the walls of reality

Unicron! I told you before, stop gnawing on the reality wall!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Superman needs to punch it harder then.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular

No! NO!

Someone grab the squirt bottle, Unicron just won't listen

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ceno wrote:
    I have no idea what Rescue Bots is, but I just preordered the first season of Transformers Prime on blu-ray.

I'm back in full swing. Have a subscription for both comic book series with my local shop, Fall of Cybertron is currently my most anticipated game, and now I'm hunting around for toys.

If that new TMNT series hitting this fall is any good, I'll be partying like it's the 80s all over again.

You're watching the new Thundercats, right? You know, when they actually bother the show it.

and oh yeah the dinky little kid's cartoon is ALSO the same universe, I guess they're Optimus's second family that he visits during 'business trips'."

That's the explanation they actually use as far as I can tell.

Stop it SUPERMAN, you're BREAKING THE WORLD!

Schide on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    The fact that so many people seem to vehemently hate Prime in this thread saddens me. And the only reason anyone ever gives is "it's not Animated"

Well Animated "wasn't Beast Wars" and we still liked it. Beast Wars "wasn't G1" and we still liked it.

Basically shut up and like Prime

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Reigner wrote:
    The fact that so many people seem to vehemently hate Prime in this thread saddens me. And the only reason anyone ever gives is "it's not Animated"

well that's just not true

I've spoken out against the designs, the voice actors, the plots
    pretty much everything you can

the things with animated being compared to beast wars and beast wars being compared to G1 aren't really cogent arguments because animated is a very recent show with strong designers, voice actors and writers of its own whereas folk only ever hated beast wars compared to G1 because of rose-colored glasses

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    ...I like the Prime designs. They remind me of Bruce Timm's art style.

Also, I grew up on G1, but I really like that Bumblebee actually looks like a bumblebee now. That is one Bay/Prime design I think is quite clever.

I don't care about the humans in Prime, but I don't care about the humans in ANY Transformers. Otherwise, I really like it. I've watched enough to make me preorder the season set.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    Reigner wrote:

well that's just not true

I've spoken out against the designs, the voice actors, the plots
    pretty much everything you can

the things with animated being compared to beast wars and beast wars being compared to G1 aren't really cogent arguments because animated is a very recent show with strong designers, voice actors and writers of its own whereas folk only ever hated beast wars compared to G1 because of rose-colored glasses

But how can you hate Steve Blum, Frank Welker, Peter Cullen, Jeffrey Combs, Ernie Hudson, Adam Baldwin and Clancy Brown.

The first season plot of any show is always full of growing pain world-building (and fuck a Miko, but I hated Sari too)

And the comparison argument actually has some bearing because there's always a vocal minority that hates everything that's not the last thing they liked (and then end up liking it). A few years from now they'll be hating the next thing because it's not Prime.

But I'm also a strong believer in buying a Transformer based on whether or not it's a good toy, not so much the show/continuity of where it comes from. And a lot of the Prime toys are good toys!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Reigner wrote:
    But how can you hate Steve Blum, Frank Welker, Peter Cullen, Jeffrey Combs, Ernie Hudson, Adam Baldwin and Clancy Brown.

like this

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I don't like the writing, the plots, most of the characters, the animation style is sterile

It just seems like "oh hey you like transformers right? We've got tons of stuff you like and we aren't going to experiment with it!"

It's dull. Decepticons fight autobots for resources. There's tiny amounts of autobots like the movie. The biggest changes are silent soundwave and the decepticon prime, which only lasts til the second episode of next season according to the episode blurbs

• Options
    plus animated was really getting good

let's all go look at the concept art of animated powermaster prime

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:
    plus animated was really getting good

let's all go look at the concept art of animated powermaster prime

pics or gtfo

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    That's also infuriating

Animated got an ok, if rushed finale but there could have been so much more amazing stuff

Prime is ok. Not bad, not great. Mediocre, average, not fantastic.

• Options
    I don't hate Prime but I pretty much agree with what Anti said up there. But I am looking forward to the second season because it is true that the first season of these things usually ends up being the worst.

Hey, anyone want to split a box of those Microns Arms things? $30 for a box of mixed 10, so there might be at least two full sets in there. Gonna preorder it anyway because it's BBTS.

• Options
    cool things about prime: soundwave

not-cool things about prime: everything else
    it lost a lot of goodwill with me over the cliffjumper thing

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    i loved when Soundwave beat down Airachnid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTFmKO4_9P8

• Options
    oh, and the vehicons are cool

that's two things

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Vehicons, more like redshirticons

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    want that dude

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-onslaught-figure/23932/
    hrm.
    i liked the original model for Onslaught and I'm sad they had to change it this much since Brawl stayed the same

Antimatter on
  • Options
    less interesting robot mode with the loss of the back cannons, but I like the vehicle mode better than the gun truck

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    brawl stole his cannons

• Options
    maybe swindle pawned them off and brawl's one cannon just underwent mitosis

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    oh man

I really like that guy

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    transformbros

I have actually not played war for cybertron yet

but it is on demand

I axe you, how's the single player, because I ain't too big on multi

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    the single player is

not offensive, but not great

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    okay then I'll just wait for the new one where I can be grimlock and bruticus

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    TLB you should at least watch the ending credits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSELOUysNQo

• Options
    This is important. And apparently I completely missed it from like 5 hours ago but:
    TRANSFORMERS fans,

As we greatly value our TRANSFORMERS fans and consumers, we appreciate the opportunity to clarify and explain the current situation with TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition figure availability in the U.S.

We very much apologize for the miscommunication with our great retailers in the U.S. Regrettably, as a result, the TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition Wave 2 Deluxe, Wave 1 Voyager and Entertainment Pack figures were posted for pre-sale in error. Final product was not produced for these figures to ship within the U.S. As such, any consumer who placed a pre-sale order with Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth in the U.S. received a note that their order had been cancelled and these orders will not be fulfilled. While it is common for Hasbro to cancel production and/or shipment of collectible figures prior to being listed for pre-sale, this particular situation was unique. We deeply regret this circumstance and understand your frustration.

We would also like to express that we hear the fan community in the U.S. loud and clear – you want these specific TRANSFORMERS PRIME First Edition figures. While we can’t confirm anything at this time, and the format in which these figures are packaged and distributed may change, the team is looking into ways to make these available at a later date in the U.S. and will keep the fan community and our retailers posted as opportunities develop. We want to make this right, and making these figures available to the U.S. fans is a top priority for the team. We greatly appreciate your understanding and ongoing enthusiasm for the brand and hope in the mean time, you enjoy the TRANSFORMERS PRIME figures that are hitting shelves now and in the coming weeks.

Regards,

The TRANSFORMERS Team

tl;dnr: Hasbro is sorry and will try to get out the remaining Prime First Edition figures out in the US in some fashion.

• Options
    this pleases me

• Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    If only Hasbro had some sort of online venue that they could use to sell such a product...

If only...

• Options
    PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    If only Hasbro had some sort of online venue that they could use to sell such a product...

If only...

If only, if only, the woodpecker sighs, The bark on the tree was as soft as the skies. The wolf waits below, hungry and lonely, And cries to the moon, if only, if only

This discussion has been closed.