As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] Carrion Crown OOC thread ("They're coming to get you, Cranea.")

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Hardly working, this Independent Contractor thing russels up scarce work in my business.

In game news, could I get an Arcana assist from Valagard maybe? I think the ritual might be of some importance considering the Warden was its focus.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ouch, short on a single digit :P (With the two Aid Another Checks, Cranea gained a +4 on her roll, which equaled 29 in total). Sadly, knowing that the ritual needed at least a group of people is the most you'll get from me.

In addition, it takes an hour on average to inspect the runes and do the check (this is coming from the Adventure Path Book). However since your not on a timer, you guys can roll another Arcana Check (same DC, 30) to determine the nature of the ritual if you want, or explore areas A,C or E (B is collapsed and you all are at area D). In addition, you could also explore the grounds north-west of the prison (area currently shrouded in fog) if you want to know your surroundings (area north east is a lake)

Anyone who wants to read the books that Drell salvaged from the Manor (need an IC post for this) will know the following details:
    Though most of the tome was moldy and faded, he nonetheless skims through it. He soon comes to realize that the journal was a prison roster, detailing all the names of the prisoners that enter and (rarely) leave the premises. The last page details the names of the most recent prisoners that made Harrowstone their home before the fire engulfed the prison:

Sefick "Father Charlatan" Covin - Human
    Vance "Lopper" Saetressle - Human?
    Ispin "Mosswater Marauder" Onyxcudgel - Dwarf
    Unknown "Piper of Illmarsh" - Unknown (Human)?
    Hean "Splatterman" Feramin - Human

As of this moment, only Drell knows the details regarding the Warden and the Lady, since he saw the painting (the painting's pretty much wrecked in the manor's collapse though).

@Moonz: In your post you said you were exploring the grounds. Anywhere specific?

TiamatZ on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Worked my answer into an IC post

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Don't get no ideas about that mention of lake monsters in my post Tiamat!

I'm expecting to pick up a cursed rock. Or maybe a hiding snake.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Had a day long meeting today, so I'm kinda tired.

I'll post up tomorrow, so if you guys got anything else to post before then, be my guest.

tl;dr: DM tired. Will post tomorrow

edited June 2012
    FINALLY got the post up. Sorry for the delay guys.

BTW, only Cranea and Airyc sees this (you guys are still near the runes). So unless either one warns you guys, only they are in trouble.
    Don't get no ideas about that mention of lake monsters in my post Tiamat!

I don't need to, the book does it all for me :3

But trust me, lake monsters are soooooo 80's horror movies.

TiamatZ on
    So I can assume it's going to sexually assault me, then?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Dammit!

Ohwell, lets get to slaying!

• BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    Kledge is bringing up the rear of the group :(

edited June 2012
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    So I can assume it's going to sexually assault me, then?

Not unless it's going to 'bone' you.
    I am sorry for that horrible pun.
    No I'm not :P

TiamatZ on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Puns are like 70% of the reason DMs run undead adventures.

These guys look like they have a bone to pick with us

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping my daily here soon.

Make sure those puns are humerus.

I'm pretty sure I'll be dropping my daily here soon.

All day, erry day.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Update will be posted soon.

Just got a catch of the flu here (at least i HOPE it's flu; nothing too serious, but been in bed for awhile) . Been sick since Sunday.

And in case anyone posts the question: No, Valagard and Kledge goes 1st before the other three PCs (Cranea, Drell or Airyc) react. In addition, whichever one of you three posts, remember to add the Round 2 title.

Post incoming...

Hope you feel better dude.

edited July 2012
    Post is FINALLY up. Seems the Flu hit me harder than I originally thought.

Edit: Hold up, somethings wrong with the post, and its getting late; guess I'll post it up 1st thing tomorrow morning when I wake up.

Spoiler: It goes HORRIBLY bad for Cranea. Someone might have to get her out of there.

TiamatZ on
    I'm a horrible bodyguard!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    If Kledge can heal Cranea, Valagard will pop her daily to buff her (Cranea's) defences some and Divine Challenge one of the skeletons (probably the Q9 one).

MMAgCh on
    OK, when I thought my post disappeared, I realized it went into moderation (what for, I wouldn't know).

So just ignore the 5 double posts there.

Edit: Can you guys see the new post in the IC thread by the way?

edited July 2012
    I can see my character dying horribly while the big half-orc just watches, yes. *glare*
    MMAgCh wrote: »
    If Kledge can heal Cranea, Valagard will pop her daily to buff her (Cranea's) defences some and Divine Challenge one of the skeletons (probably the Q9 one).

Sounds like a plan.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    Yeah I wondered what was up with that. Can see the IC fine now.

If Cranea shifts out of there then Drell can run in and engage the three prisoners it may actually be better to Divine Challenge one of the shamblers, stop them from hurling rocks at her.

Also, I say we focus fire the prisoners, I don't like the sound of that bone-blackening.

I roll to go Super Saiyan?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Grog wrote: »
    If Cranea shifts out of there then Drell can run in and engage the three prisoners it may actually be better to Divine Challenge one of the shamblers, stop them from hurling rocks at her.

DCing a shambler unfortunately isn't an option because I can't get in range of them, pretty much. (Well, not without blowing every single "more actions!" option available, but I don't think we're that poorly off just yet.)

MMAgCh wrote: »
    Grog wrote: »

DCing a shambler unfortunately isn't an option because I can't get in range of them, pretty much. (Well, not without blowing every single "more actions!" option available, but I don't think we're that poorly off just yet.)

Fair enough. Just realised I don't have much multi-marking anyway so it should be fine.

Well, I think I'm going to drop my Glorious Presence encounter power to push a few of the Prisoners back and get some temp hp, then I'll shift out of there so Drell can lay into them.

I'll hold back until Drell goes at em. There isn't much I can do for you Craena, at least this turn.

I'm just gonna swing at the most damaged guy when my time comes up.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Well, I feel slightly better knowing that two of those three attack rolls would have missed even without that -2 penalty.

If Cranea can shift and then attack, Airyc's willing to shift into her place to try to take the heat.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

pew pew pew

I'll wait for Cranea to move, then probably hit Q9, fingers crossed

3basnids3lf9.jpg

K, I'm going to drop my encounter then shift outta there.

Sounds good

3basnids3lf9.jpg

and everything went better than expected!

edited July 2012
    Two damage rolls?

Also, I'll wait for the Round 2 post

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Two damage rolls?

Also, I'll wait for the Round 2 post

Technically, the moment Witch posted his turn, it became Round 2. Therefore, you can take your turn, since its now Round 2.

I was wanting to wait for the map update and stats update, but I'll go ahead

3basnids3lf9.jpg