As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] Carrion Crown OOC thread ("They're coming to get you, Cranea.")

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    We waiting for the Skellies to act now?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, busy working on the post as we speak.

Will be up soonish.

TiamatZ on
    Ok, I in the Warhams thread you've been busy, so I wasn't trying to rush you. Just wanted to make sure we weren't waiting for someone who'd already gone.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited August 2012
    OK, post is up.
    Now we're playing with... FIRE! :P

Just to reiterate; unless stated, similar auras DO NOT STACK!

So you'll still take 5 damage even if you are surrounded by 3 Fiery Auras.

@Valagard: Ouch!

TiamatZ on
    edited August 2012
    I, for one, welcome our new skeletal overlords.

FUCK MY DICE!

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Jesus, I leave for one day and everything turns into a Nice Cage movie!

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    I can't think of anything to do that won't result in someone getting fucked.

I've got plenty of hp. Do your worst!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited August 2012
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I've got plenty of hp.

Maybe you do, but Drell doesn't and Cranea doesn't and Valagard doesn't. (Unlike the monsters. :P)
    On an unrelated note, a monster subject to Divine Challenge takes the -2 penalty on attack rolls against any target other than the marking character just as if it were subject to any other mark. Not that, I believe, this would've done Drell any good so far, but it's something to keep in mind assuming this doesn't turn out to be our final encounter.

MMAgCh on
    Oh I thought you were talking about an attack that would include one of us as the targets. Now I'm just confused.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I meant that I saw no way of turning this shit around, pretty much. I still don't, but at least there's one less skeleton to worry about now.

If I could actually hit one of the damn things I can do a good chunk of damage

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited August 2012
    Well . . . that was pathetic. I believe that was my first crit-fail of this game.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    Welcome to the club. I can't wait to find out what happens after we're knocked unconscious. Maybe get turned into skellies?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited August 2012
    This is one insane encounter! Those not dying are pretty much bloodied! So intense!

Both Airyc and Valagard get an OA on Skelly Prisoner #2.

And to think, this encounter is the same level encounter as the previous one with the zombies (Encounter Level 5). Guess you guys were lucky the first time, didn't even had magical gear or whatnot.

Must be the bad rolls :P

TiamatZ on
    edited August 2012
    Which interpretation of "a creature ... cannot flank while it is subject to any effect that prevents it from taking actions" are we going with, then? (And how did Drell end up in R7?)

Edit: predictably, Valagard's OA goes wide.

MMAgCh on
    MMAgCh wrote: »
    And how did Drell end up in R7?

He shifted to R7 in his last turn.

Huh, so he did. Well, one less reason still for me to worry about the flanking bonus.

• BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    Last encounter we also had the Zombie Defiler out of action until near the end. I'm sure if he was in the midst of the combat the whole time things would've gotten alot hairier. Not to mention, we got the drop on them as opposed to them getting the drop on us this time. I cant see my sheets, does Kledge still have an action point?

We're waiting on Moon's OA attack, aren't we?

Also, have you posted your OA attack yet MMag?

TiamatZ wrote: »
    We're waiting on Moon's OA attack, aren't we?

Also, have you posted your OA attack yet MMag?
    Edit: predictably, Valagard's OA goes wide.

My turn comes immediately afterwards anyway, so I figured I'd roll it into that post or something.

Oh, sorry I tried to make the attack but missed by one AGAIN and forgot to wirte something up for it. Continue on though because the slayer ain't slayin' shit

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I haven't rolled a 10-19 in awhile :(

So far I'm actually fairly close to the 50% hit rate 4E is based on despite the debuff, I think. One more skellie down, although I somehow doubt it'll do us enough good.

Anyway, if I knew for a fact that the shamblers in particular didn't possess any kind of area attack, I'd recommend crowding around Valagard to get the most out of her pseudo-aura. I don't, though, so I won't. :P

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Jeez you guys are such doomsayers. I say we've got this in the bag!

Skeletons with reflex 18 are the freakin' devil. Still not fast enough to dodge me though :twisted:

I can hit that shambler again with the same attack as a sustain minor next round, so I don't think you guys need to worry about or focus on it for much longer.

All the skeletons have the flame aura, right?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    All the skeletons have the flame aura, right?

Yup.

This is anti-melee bias!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

I forgot about those damn auras. Guess I should've gone with my initial plan and moved Valagard away to cover Cranea/Kledge instead, huh?

Well, this is gonna be close. Are there any rocks nearby that I could pick up and throw, or can I steal Drell's weapon and hurl it if he's not conscious

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Depends if Kledge takes his turn before Valagard. Remember that she takes fire damage at the start of her turn in the aura, so unless Kledge kills the Skeleton Prisoner, I'm afraid MMag will have a VERY SHORT turn :P

I was gonna say that I could deal with the prisoner with a cleave, but it's probably best if Kledge finishes him off instead.

That way I'm still in reach to hit the shambler and Airyc can charge the same target, hopefully burst it down quick.

I can hide in the shallow water, correct? just crouch down and I'm out of sight? Do I need to make a drowning check if I do so? Move or Minor action to crouch down into the water? Were all pretty much dead and I don't have any more heals, and we have a full hp shambler running around after me.

I think I'll just shoot and pray.

I'm gonna switch stance and charge at the full health shambler. It'll probably take more than one round to kill it, but I'm banking on being able to kill it before it kills me (completely)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Might be a good time to second wind while you're still standing.

True, but if I second wind and he hits me while I'm standing there since I don't have a standard action left, I'd be just as dead as if I hadn't second winded and did damage to him instead

3basnids3lf9.jpg

So is Shambler #1 in O13 or in N13? Map has it in the former square, "enemy moves" says it should be in the latter.

So is Shambler #1 in O13 or in N13? Map has it in the former square, "enemy moves" says it should be in the latter.

Thanks for noticing that. It's definitely O13 (adjacent to Cranea).