As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] Carrion Crown OOC thread ("They're coming to get you, Cranea.")

191011121315»

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I KNOW, RIGHT?!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Sorry guys sorry! I had to reformatt my comp today and this weekend was just extremely busy. I'll have the post up by tonight!

All the more time to savor this last blow I guess.

Edit: And my gross failure has probably killed us all. Gentlemen, its been an honor . . . :P

If only the gods of the electronic dice would smile upon us!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    Ack! Is it just me, or did the IC thread retract back to Moon's 14th August post?

:(

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    TiamatZ wrote: »
    Ack! Is it just me, or did the IC thread retract back to Moon's 14th August post?

:(

Yep. So let's all assume witch used magic missile yay?

• MMAgChMMAgCh remember tomorrow. Registered User regular
    The one time Magic Missile would have come in handy... :P

edited August 2012
    Oh man, you mean that the bug erased my natural crit??? Dang, that was a sweet roll too.
    You guys buying it?

I'll put up the old post, I managed to find the roll I made (as dismal as it friggin is).

Edit: Put the post back up, it's still terrible though, lol

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    You're all gonna die aren't you?

I see WItch's post, but now all the old ones prior to Moon's 14th August post are gone.

Update: Seems the old posts are back again.

Will post an update sometime today. Hopefully SOMEONE will still be left standing to finish it off :P

OK, I posted Round 7.5 now.

Sadly, that bug reared it's ugly head once again, so I couldn't be goosed to wait ANOTHER one week just for the hope they might return. As such, some player's positions MIGHT be wrong, so let's just take the damage taken by the PCs and skelly this round into account and move on, deal?

In other news: This leaves Cranea and Kledge to finish this monster. No pressure.

It was kind of the skeleton to move away from me to not barbecue me while trying to not die. I didn't spend my second wind, so I could get back up with a heal check 10

3basnids3lf9.jpg

oh man oh man oh man

well, cross your fingers people.

edited August 2012
    Aaaaaaaaaaand goddammit.

I failed by one. ONE. What kind of shambling undead creature has a reflex of 18? If I had attacked with winged horde I would have passed by one, but nooooo *grumblegrumblegrumble*.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    OOOOOOrrrrokos!!
    khaaaan.jpg

Just waiting in on your Death Saving Throws before I post up.

Woops, I'd forgotten.

Death save: 1d20 9

That's two fails. Please kill the skeleton please.

Well Bearrorist, it's just me and you bud. Assuming the Shambler doesn't miss, it's up to either you or I to take that sucka down. If you haven't used an action point this fight now would be the time.

At least someone is amused tumblr_m8q7nt5ovD1qbj9bko1_500.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Well im getting on a plane for pax. Posts will be sporadic if at all for the weekend.

edited August 2012
    Post is almost up.

Want a preview?
    D:
    Some bad news
    Very bad news!
    You sure?
    Ok:
    A Critical hit was involved! We're talking like 17 damage! Enough to either KO someone, or flat out gib someone!

Ok, Post is up! Not looking good guys.

TiamatZ on
    I haven't seen whether or not Drell has used his Second Wind, but he's on his last saving throw and Cranea has a +7 to heal. It's going to be a lot easier to roll a 3 or higher to save Drell than it would be to roll a 10 or higher or whatever's needed to kill the skeleton, and hope he passes his saving throw so he doesn't die before someone can get to him.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

Well I'm sure if Cranea took out the baddie Tiamatz wouldn't make me roll my last death save once combat had ended.

On the other hand Moon has got a point. Drell could get a charge in (which'd be +12 to hit). The choice is yours, Witch.

edited August 2012
    Oh man, too much pressure!
    s03e04_480.jpg

Here goes nothing fellas! Going to be targetting the thing's Will this time, which is what I should have been doing.

Edit: actually I'm going to have to stick with my Witch Bolt attack, my Winged Horde (while it does target his Will instead of Reflex) just doesn't do the damage necessary to put this thing down. If I miss with the initial attack I think I can Action Point my way to a second one and try again. Wish me luck!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    UGH SON!!!!! That's what I'm talking about!!

THANK THE GODS. Now we have to hope for a merciful DM

3basnids3lf9.jpg

OK post is up.

Quite an epic fight. It was pretty much the same encounter level as that of the zombies from before. I figured the equipment you received from Douven would have even the odds against the creatures. Orokos sure showed us that wasn't true. Still, chalk this one fight under the 'Memorable Battles' section.

And since you guys got the short end of the stick from Orokos, I decided that Cranea took 10 on her healing checks to stabilize you guys first, then wait five minutes for your second wind to return.

Time for some Post battle RPing. Also, most of you have spent a lot of dailies and other 'powers' in this fight, so the party's pretty much drained (in game, at least). Once you guys have decided on your course of action, post up your !Readies

The real problem (apart from luck) was those flaming auras. 5 damage may not be a whole lot at their level but for 1st level characters it's a pretty big chunk. Made me wish I'd rolled a tiefling.

If this is just what's coming out of the lakes I'm thinking we may need a little more preparation before we head inside. We've got some clues and some evidence, so maybe we can use that to convince someone back in Ravengro to give us a little help? Holy water, divine protection (beyond what Valagard's blessed us with) that kind of thing.

I just hope there's not a lake inside

3basnids3lf9.jpg

y'all need to take a que from me and use invisible castle.

Grog wrote: »
    If this is just what's coming out of the lakes I'm thinking we may need a little more preparation before we head inside. We've got some clues and some evidence, so maybe we can use that to convince someone back in Ravengro to give us a little help? Holy water, divine protection (beyond what Valagard's blessed us with) that kind of thing.

DM Protip:
    Regarding the extra help, have you guys read the Professor's journal carefully? Here's a handy link to it.

Edit: Though only Kledge read the journal at the time.

That second last entry does sound tempting. Drell refuses to read books, so does anyone else want to float the idea IC?

Maybe if Kledge recognized the markings we saw on the wall earlier and had a Eureka moment? I think we could hoof it to where the translating materials are buried and back in no time.

edited September 2012
    So, we’re just waiting on Kledge to inform the party members of the Professor’s journal before you guys continue?

@Moonz: Are you referring to the Whispering Way cult, or the skeletons that nearly murdered you? If it’s the former, it’s probably something the Professor would keep to himself (unless of course, you two had a previous adventure that included a run-in with the cult and/or its activities, but the cult tends to be stationed primarily in Ustalav). In this case, it would be new to Airyc.

If it’s the latter, it should be kind of an uncommon sight (undead are a common variety of foes you'd find in any decrepit crypt, tomb or burial chamber the Professor would drag lead you in search of rare artifacts and treasures, so smashing the odd zombie or animated skeleton shouldn't be any issue) for the burly bodyguard. Still, undead shouldn't be an unusual occurrence for Airyc. Ghosts on the other hand, are a rarity, and are considered quite deadly to the average adventurer, so ghosts are unusual to the Half-Orc...

TiamatZ on
    I thought we were waiting on another member of the party, sorry. Will I need to roll anything to recognize the symbols? How long will it take to recognize/decipher? Kledge is looking to find a safe spot and wait for tomorrow, and this place doesn't qualify as safe to Kledge.

I would agree that we need a rest. We've been burning through surges like crazy.