As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini Phalla] Euro 2012! Italy 2 - 1 Ireland (AET) - Village Win!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about forming a block of supports to get a certain team (or set of teams) into the finals. Anybody interested?
    Any why exactly should we trust you?
    To clarify, I dont want to point fingers just yet, but we shouldnt forget that there is still a mafia to be found amongst the teams.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Actually, forming blocks may help catch out a mafia that tried to join. With 16 teams there is clearly one village supporter per team, and not enough remaining spots for there to be a mafia per team (and even if there were 32 players that'd be quite unbalanced). So, if a mafia tried to join a block, claiming to want team X to win, and a villager tried to join the block, we could instantly know that one of 2 people are mafia (rather than the usual 1 in 5 shot).

• Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    France shirt and ticket to France vs England game, please.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    Hey guys, I'm thinking about forming a block of supports to get a certain team (or set of teams) into the finals. Anybody interested?
    Any why exactly should we trust you?
    To clarify, I dont want to point fingers just yet, but we shouldnt forget that there is still a mafia to be found amongst the teams.
    Because I'm not looking to control a vote, and (as far as I know) there is no correlation between cheering on our favorite teams and the mafia.

I feel that !jdarksun's peculiar logic is mafia-think

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    I'm not saying do a role call. No one would be forced to join a block. A mafia trying to infiltrate a block would have to risk being outed by choosing the same team as another member. It's no different that a mafia trying to infiltrate a network using a role name and having someone in the network already having that role name.

• Options
    Exactly. So this is what I mean:

Let's say I come up to you and say, hey, I'd really like Poland to win, and you say, okay, I'd really like Ukraine to win. Let's work together to get both teams in, hooray!

Now, let's say Bedlam comes up to you and says, hey, I'd really like Poland to win.

Uh oh! Two people rooting for Poland? One of us is mafia.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote:

Let's say I come up to you and say, hey, I'd really like Poland to win, and you say, okay, I'd really like Ukraine to win. Let's work together to get both teams in, hooray!

Now, let's say Bedlam comes up to you and says, hey, I'd really like Poland to win.

How do we know support of the teams is equally distributed?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    This sounds like fun!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote:

Well then lets test out this logic because I am from Germany and by the looks of it:
    vertroue wrote:
    match to Germany game and German shirt.
    So is Miss Vertroue

• Options
    match tickets to Poland/Greece, and Poland Shirt, please

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    That's interesting... ventroue

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    towndrunk for reason similar to Bedlam's.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Is there really only one supporter from each team? Something about this isn't adding up to me, but it's better to test the theory with my day 1 vote than throw it randomly like I normally would.

Vertroue

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    That was hard bbcode on an iPhone!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cayrus wrote:
    towndrunk for reason similar to Bedlam's.

I just went to a place where I decided the betting was better.
    I'm Czech, actually.
    And completely clueless on what the bugger I'm doing.

towndrunk34 on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Football fans can get violent. Revealing your allegiances may incur the wrath of rival teams.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I think the country affiliation is tricky, because there is most likely a country affiliation for every player that isn't mafia. That's more than 16.

Not to mention, a person supporting a team does not mean that they are affiliated with that team. They might just be trying to make money off of the game.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    @MrTLicious That's insanely close to a role call.

What's a role call in phalla mean?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    stever777 wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    @MrTLicious That's insanely close to a role call.

What's a role call in phalla mean?

asking everyone to divulge their identity, in an attempt to ferret out mafia

• Options
    Edit: In one way or another. It doesn't have to be exactly that, it's just the idea of creating social pressure to publicly out mafia.

• Options
    Thanks, Langly.

• Options
    What happens to items, specifically tickets, if someone dies while holding them? For the limited items like tickets, I mean.

• Options
    I feel so European!
    Ticket to Germany/Portugal game and a Programme.

• Options
    Also, Phyphor

• Options
    Am I missing how much tix cost?

• Options
    100 euros

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    What I need here is a nice green sweater to keep me warm, and maybe a I should get a shamrock put on there for good luck.

Buy tickets to the Croatia/Ireland game and an one Ireland Hockey Jersey.

Romanquerty
    has made my day-one vote decision really easy. He is a lout who is trying to pick a fight with me, and everyone knows that hockey fights take place on the ice, not in the stands!

El Skid on
  • Options
    Langly wrote:
    100 euros

Still can't find it, not that I don't believe you.
    Where is it?

• Options
    Cythraul wrote:
    Is there really only one supporter from each team?
    Some teams would have to have more than one. Weather or not they can both be village is another matter entirely. I figured if one of us is going to be mafia, it defiently isnt me.

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote:

And Fan-shops have popped up all over Warsaw, Wroclaw, Kharkiv, Lviv, Gdansk, Poznan, Donetsk, and Kyiv. You may now purchase things for games!

Fan Shop

Vuvuzela €250
    - You can use this to distract the opposing team. Keep in mind, vuvuzelas are banned!
    Team shirt €100 - Whichever team has the most shirts in the crowd gets pumped up! You may only own one of each team.
    Match programme €50 - Of course everyone knows about their own team, but after your quick read, you know who in the opponent’s team to most fear. You can boo them whenever they get the ball.
    Pies €100 - You fat bastard! You can eat this to remain in good voice for as long as the match lasts. Your fervent chanting keeps your team going. If a match goes to extra time, they suffer no fatigue penalties. This must be used the same day it is bought (pies don’t stay good forever!)
    Night at the pub €200 - You take out a player to the pub after the match. However, you may have ‘accidentally’ given them too much.
    Match Ball Replica €500 - You have a perfect replica of a match ball. Maybe you could sneak it into a match.
    Match Ticket €100 - You can attend any number of matches that you buy tickets for. You must have a ticket for a match in order to use items or powers at it. Each match only has 10 tickets, get them while they’re hot! You may buy as many as you like. You must indicate which match you are buying this for at time of purchase.
    Euro 2012 Final Ticket €1000 - You can attend the final! This allows you to use any other items or powers you have. This match only has 5 tickets, you may buy as many as you like.

Any item (except Night at the pub) may be sold to another player at any price that both agree on.
    (so I know a few of you might have seen the full effects of these items, but honestly most of it is just numbers specific to the effects, hopefully the gist of what they do is still evident.)

Remember - Bets are private, but Fan Shop purchases are public to the thread.

• Options
    D'oh! Spoilers.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Vertroue, because I am interested in this theory.

Program, Ticket to Netherlands v. Denmark, Team shirt for Netherlands and Denmark

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    One Match Ticket to Ireland/Croatia, One Programme, One Vuvuzela, One Match Ball Replica

:3

edit: I meant Ireland/Croatia

jackisreal on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    !Ketbra

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Give me a Swedish shirt, please.

Maybe if we all pool our cash we can afford a magical game-seering german octopus.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    What happens to items, specifically tickets, if someone dies while holding them? For the limited items like tickets, I mean.

Lost FOREVER

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular

Cythraul wrote:
    That was hard bbcode on an iPhone!

Try doing it on an Android... For some reason, absolutely no brackets....anywheres.

Vertroue

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    A ticket to the spain vs italy game please

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Well, I was going to grudge Vertroue, but now that just feels silly. Jackisreal because vuvuzelas are bad and mafia are bad and so probably they buy vuvuzelas.

Oh, and one ticket to the Sweden -> Ukraine game.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Also, Jackisreal as his item selection is most peculiar.

steam_sig.png