As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Muaaaah the French [chat]

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    I already know too many languages they are taking up all of my valuable skill slots

Wait is that how skills work? I might be fucked, then.

wait, you're sailing boats too?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Serbian:

Kkklvghkk kkkkk kktttkkt kgghhtttkktkkkkt kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

BECAUSE THEY REALLY ENJOY CONSONANTS

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Maybe I am Serbian... I also enjoy consonants.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    fukken hippos

: O

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    *yaaawn*

That's sleepy for hello.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    PECUNIARY

FUCKING

EXTERNALITIES

seriously it's enraging

but okay no more blog-trawling. Back to work.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    So Roland Martin from CNN has been suspended indefinitely for tweets that he made during the superbowl.
    If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham's H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him! #superbowl
    Who the hell was that New England Patriot they just showed in a head to toe pink suit? Oh, he needs a visit from #teamwhipdatass

I have to call those in poor taste for sure. Oddest part of the story though was the last paragraph:
    Martin has a history making provocative statements. Last October, while responding to the U.S.-led attack that killed Anwar al-Awlaki--the American-born radical Islamic preacher turned propaganda chief for al-Qaida--Martin wrote: "Look, I don't want to kill someone. But if you threaten my family [and] one of our lives is in danger, I'm doing all I can to kill you. No apologies."

I wouldn't really call that a "provocative statement" I would say that would be a plain fact for most people.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Smack the "ish" out of him? What's ish?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

shit, apparently

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:

Yeah, it's what they say in songs and stuff now so they don't have to beep it/cut it. It's popular on twitter and stuff now.

Weird story, anyway.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    So Roland Martin from CNN has been suspended indefinitely for tweets that he made during the superbowl.
    If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham's H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him! #superbowl
    Who the hell was that New England Patriot they just showed in a head to toe pink suit? Oh, he needs a visit from #teamwhipdatass

I have to call those in poor taste for sure.

There's too close to homophobia for my liking.
    Oddest part of the story though was the last paragraph:
    Martin has a history making provocative statements. Last October, while responding to the U.S.-led attack that killed Anwar al-Awlaki--the American-born radical Islamic preacher turned propaganda chief for al-Qaida--Martin wrote: "Look, I don't want to kill someone. But if you threaten my family [and] one of our lives is in danger, I'm doing all I can to kill you. No apologies."

I wouldn't really call that a "provocative statement" I would say that would be a plain fact for most people.

Not a fan of vigilantism. Besides being illegal chances are either you kill them and you go to jail or they kill you, too. Let the authorities deal with it.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Not a fan of vigilantism. Besides being illegal chances are either you kill them and you go to jail or they kill you, too. Let the authorities deal with it.

Self Defense isn't illegal. Key words in his statement being "one of our lives is in danger."

Steam
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:

Self Defense isn't illegal. Key words in his statement being "one of our lives is in danger."

Okay, that's fine.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hmm so apparently 3 people have donated 10k to Double Fine them being Gabe Newell (the 10k donation), Felicia Day (?) and Notch (2x5,000 he wanted paintings)

EDIT: Also I'm thinking a million by this time tommorow

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Felicia Day is an actress/writer. She was in Dr Horrible's thingy and is the creator of The Guild. Nerds alternate between creeping on her and attacking her as a phony.

• Options
    Bogart wrote:
    Felicia Day is an actress/writer. She was in Dr Horrible's thingy and is the creator of The Guild. Nerds alternate between creeping on her and attacking her as a phony.

Oh I know who she is I just dont know if she took one of the larger prizes or something

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Bogart wrote:

this is deliciously succinct.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Huh. SE++ are getting team jerseys.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote:

Is it really contentious that she just plays to the nerd crowd? She's very good at it, but it's her job to pretend.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    She is friends with Wil Wheaton, who we all know is a real nerd, so maybe she isn't just playing.

Steam
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    BobCesca wrote:

they look awful

EDIT: also I'm holding out for the fighting games Team PA shirts, was the right answer.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    wil wheaton is so ridiculous

• Options
    BobCesca wrote:

they look awful

EDIT: also I'm holding out for the fighting games Team PA shirts, was the right answer.

We need [chat] jerseys!!

Steam
  • Options
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

You're too young to understand.

Wil Wheaton is a p cool dude though. I used to read his stuff when he was posting on Suicide Girls back in the day.

Steam
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:

It's the beard, isn't it?

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    I doubt Felicia Day could appeal to nerds so effectively (e.g. The Guild) if she wasn't a nerd herself. Don't people just assume a pretty actress can't be a nerd?

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    MyDcmbr wrote:
    BobCesca wrote:

they look awful

We need [chat] jerseys!!

Yes, I would also like one of those.

• Options
    I honestly did not think Felicia Day's nerdiness was ever in question

I don't watch her show or anything but I can't imagine someone would basically pretend to be that 24 hours a day

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I didn't think you could get suspended from tweeting...

can't he just open up his own personal account?

• Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote:

I have to call those in poor taste for sure. Oddest part of the story though was the last paragraph:

It was a provocative statement because he was using it to justify the directed killing of an American.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote:
    Bogart wrote:

Is it really contentious that she just plays to the nerd crowd? She's very good at it, but it's her job to pretend.

I dunno. I think The Guild grew out of her playing a hell of a lot of WoW and little else.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    poshniallo wrote:
    I doubt Felicia Day could appeal to nerds so effectively (e.g. The Guild) if she wasn't a nerd herself. Don't people just assume a pretty actress can't be a nerd?

She appears genuine to me. Whoever she's dating is very lucky. Beautiful, talented, intelligent, funny, successful and a nerd. The perfect woman.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote:

Yeah, I heard about that. It sounds awesome. Gaiman wrote a really nice piece about him in the Guardian special on SF recently, naming him as his literary hero. Big photograph of Wolfe with his walrus moustache.

• Options
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    And that's not even all of it. I mean we have a huge number of socially regressive people in this country with more power than we would like. Even our "liberals" are pretty right wing. We have every reason to be terrified of the idea of hate speech laws.

In Sweden we laugh at the concept of "liberal" meaning "left".

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    poshniallo wrote:

She appears genuine to me. Whoever she's dating is very lucky. Beautiful, talented, intelligent, funny, successful and a nerd. The perfect woman.

nerd = you have to fight for a go on the xbox.

• Options
    Bogart wrote:
    This piece, in fact.

oooh, thanks

and it really is a heroic mustache.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote:

nerd = you have to fight for a go on the xbox.

That's a gamer. There are various nerd types.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote:
    it would probably involve some insane eighteenth-century cambridge don and his collection of plague dicks

The other day I learned about the 300-year old cancer-ridden asshole from a pope, stored in a jar.

This discussion has been closed.