Options

Crusader Kings 2 Multiplayer Extravaganza! (Tues/Thurs 10 PM; Save in OP)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Alt+tabbing isn't killing my game, but I haven't been able to connect. Also can't figure out why I can't hear anyone in Vent... :?

It doesn't kill the game, it just kills your connection if you try to do anything, we think? That seems to be the common thread for when we get dropped though.

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    Hmm, that might be why I was failing to connect.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    how precisely would I join this party, if I felt like going through all the effort to help iron out the kinks in the process?

• Options
    Jump on Vent and bug us. We're restarting after about five years of pretty smooth functioning at speed three with Phyphor playing as the HRE and immediately calling up his entire realm levees. jdark showed up and MindLib wanted to change countries and it's not serious anyway.

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    Oh, is that what happened? What's the button for chat in CK2?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    How's pausing and things work, automatically (or toggable) off?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Hi all - home from work after a brutal commute and steam is installing the full version now. Gonna throw some food together real quick but will be on to pester y'all in vent momentarily.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Hmm. I connected to Vent, but I didn't hear anything. I think I've used it properly before, but not on this computer. Perhaps I'll need to ask my fellow Reconquistans to use Skype instead.

• Options
    Aegis wrote:

Anyone can pause, it's just obnoxious. I'll probably do it some by instinct (I have once so far). Unless I go investigating people's families, it seems to run fine at normal speed. And that's good enough for most things.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Are human players able to enter into things like alliances without going through the normal channels (ie- marrying people into families) or do those kinds of diplomacy still happen as normal?

Characters
  • Options
    Same as usual. Phyphor and I had a productive alliance in the first game, but his sister was a frigid bitch who wouldn't give me any heirs, so I married the Danish Princess in game two.

• Options
    So we definitely want to be punctual and what not. Phyphor will probably jump on and make the game around 9:45 Eastern. Hopefully we can start right ten. At the rate we were going tonight, I'd guess 15-20 years per session.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Aegis wrote:

Anyone can pause, it's just obnoxious. I'll probably do it some by instinct (I have once so far). Unless I go investigating people's families, it seems to run fine at normal speed. And that's good enough for most things.

Pause if you need to. For example, if you win a war and suddenly you end up with 15/7 demense size, well your vassals are going to revolt in a week, so pause for a few seconds and take care of it
    So we definitely want to be punctual and what not. Phyphor will probably jump on and make the game around 9:45 Eastern. Hopefully we can start right ten. At the rate we were going tonight, I'd guess 15-20 years per session.

Yeah I'll just make the game early and people can log in whenever

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Also, not applicable for the first time, but saves will likely need to be distributed beforehand... they're pretty big (14mb) which x11 and on my connection is going to take... a while, so I may end up putting them on a server to be downloaded

• Options
    I was wondering about that.

• Options
    Ah I guess you guys are done testing for tonight? Game just ended and was popping in to see.

Characters
  • Options
    We are in fact.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    If my work schedule wasn't so eclectic, I would be down for this so hard.

How much more awesome is it than the original?

• Options
  • Options
    @shalmelo , I think I've settled on an eastward expansionary start if you cared for being peaceful neighbours. I'm comfortable with the opportunities that way and I think you showed interest in stuff due south and west of you. We'll have to chat in vent tomorrow about some more technical border matters, mainly dealing with any interests you might have on Mantua and what you want to do with Padua!

Same deal with the player of Apulia, but unless you really really want Spoletto to start the game I really don't see any immediate issues between us given our relative distance.

I'm still considering donating Spoletto to the Pope since it gets him off my back and into his good graces more often than not. Plus a strong Pope is always nice.

Characters
  • Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I have little interest in the Kingdom of Italy. I am glad to see that you are as dedicated as myself to ensuring the strength and independence of the Papacy. Let us guard it together against the devious influence of less pious rulers.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I'll do my best. Tonight was a little rough, as I got off work late and the commute was a bitch, but I expect that I can be ready to roll at 10 without too much trouble.

Oh, and @aegis :

:^:

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    I'd feel the same way about playing this multiplayer as I would have about Victoria II when it first came out. People who played CK 1 would be off making huge empires while I tried to figure out the mechanics. I'll be very interested in learning about how well it runs in multiplayer, though.

1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    I have little interest in the Kingdom of Italy. I am glad to see that you are as dedicated as myself to ensuring the strength and independence of the Papacy. Let us guard it together against the devious influence of less pious rulers.

Sweet. Considering the issues you might end up with Sheiks raiding your shores, I can only imagine a strong Papacy is required to push the heathens off the Boot.

Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In fact, if you do decide to give Spoletto to the Pope I'll give him Benevento at the earliest opportunity. He owns the castle there anyways.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    Huh, how does he manage to own the Castle but not the County?

Characters
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Barons can be vassals of lords outside their county and, in some circumstances, their realm, it seems. Obviously, this does not go over well with the owner of the county or his liege.

Edit: Oh, and the capital of the province is a bishopric. Which is really annoying, because Prince Bishops get a -30 or so liege relations malus for wrong government type.

Brian Krakow on
  • Options
    I'd be okay going as Castille, but bear in mind that with the new dynamics, Barcelona usually falls pretty early, so you can just retake those provinces.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Okay I think I have my Dutch takeover of France kinda set! Flanders has a very, very weird start

Phyphor on
  • Options
    I'm excited. By the way, if anyone's wondering, my long term goal is to unite every province that starts in a Celtic culture group. And then we'll see where I can go from there.

• Options
    I think my long term goal is to create the Kingdom of Italy, though this really is a long term goal given the sheer amount of provinces I need to take :(

Early goal though is definitely bumrushing Venice.

Characters
  • Options
    IP is now in the OP, something I should have done last night.

• Options
    Going to hop in Game On: Crafting Mines for the time being in vent.

Characters
  • Options
    Okay, game is up: 216.58.117.133

Once we start, I'll stay paused for say 30 seconds or so so you can do any pre-game stuff if you want (I know I have a few things to do). Place council guys, etc

• Options
    Underway with eight players! If you're in the list and weren't on time you should be able to join in when we load the save.

• Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Whenever the flying FUCK I find the time to play this game I bought, I intend to turn and/or keep England as free from Norman influence as possible. My favourite ever CK1 game ever was along the same lines.

I just wish we could create entirely new kingdoms. Kingdom of Northumbria go!

• Options
    DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    Euphoriac wrote:
    Whenever the flying FUCK I find the time to play this game I bought, I intend to turn and/or keep England as free from Norman influence as possible. My favourite ever CK1 game ever was along the same lines.

I just wish we could create entirely new kingdoms. Kingdom of Northumbria go!

I expect that new kingdom options will appear in major patches. Paradox patched in the ability to create the Byzantine Empire in the1.2 patch of Victoria II.

The Byzantine Empire.....in the Victorian era!

• Options
    Nice run tonight guys. I think we got a good set of screenshots too.

I'm still amazed by the circus that was Lombardia's first 26 years.

Characters
  • Options
    Yeah it was pretty good... not very many claims for me though and Aquitaine being allied with everyone else makes expansion tricky

• Options
    Also, I am the King of Excommunications. Fear my wrath as the right hand of the Pope 8-)

Characters