As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Yea, Guild II. Never able to complete a game due to bugs, at least with Pirates of the the Burning Seas. I mean, I have a ton of hours logged... I want it to work, but bugs have stopped me.

I want the newest one to work, but i'm not sure i have faith in 2.50. Yes, that sad.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    I don't suppose one of you fine gentlemen with a Nordic Games coupon would be willing to pass it to me? It should work on the Guild games.

Speaking of, you're going to get one, I would recommend just getting Pirates of the European Seas.

From what I gather off the forums, Renaissance includes nearly everything that PotES has, plus it stil has active developer support.

It's basically a paid mod from some other developers. What I've heard is a lot of the new stuff isn't that great and muddles the game. I haven't actually tried it, though.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hahahaa yeeeeees

Waiting paid off. I've been sitting on a 50% off Nordic games coupon specifically to buy the Guild II.

Bought the Guild II Collection for like 92% off, at $2.50

Maddoc on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Appears Renaissance has no tutorial, if that's a sticking point for anyone.

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    What actually is The Guild?

It looks interesting, but I have no idea what sort of game it is.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's kind of an economic sim meets a medieval politics generator. The core of the game is going to be creating or buying businesses and supplying them with materials and selling the result. But you can sabotage rivals and run for political offices.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    It's kind of an economic sim meets a medieval politics generator. The core of the game is going to be creating or buying businesses and supplying them with materials and selling the result. But you can sabotage rivals and run for political offices.

Oh crap.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    I don't know why I used the word "generator" there.

But anyway, it's kinda buggy but still pretty fun. And fairly easy to mod, since it uses lua scripts for everything.

It's pretty cool getting elected Mayor and then being immune to prosecution.

It's also a dynasty based game, so you have to get married and have kids to keep the game going.

• Options
    @RoyceSraphim @Rhiley @Kendrik

Any plans for those Nordic Games coupons? :winky:

• Options
    Thanks to @iolo for offering me his coupon!

I'm sure there are other people in this thread that would like one if there are spares.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »

I can't remember if any do. This is the best I've found that I used a long time ago, hopefully yall will find it helpful:

Edit: Misread, this guide is for Normal Guild 2 and PoTBS.
    http://wp.narc.ro/2010/07/the-guild-2-guide-1

Also, here's a SS of me backing my head into a cows butt:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/broncbuster/screenshot/560918546356448183?tab=public

And one of me winning the mayors office:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/broncbuster/screenshot/560918546321803844/?tab=public

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    WOah! PLeasant surprise time! That exceedingly classy chappy @rikdaly just gifted me Snuggle Trucks! I will free many a cuddly animal on your honour!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/broncbuster/screenshot/560918546356448183?tab=public

Best proposal ever

• Options

Best proposal ever

Not a chance she could turn me down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I still need to start that game, but from what I hear..... huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge timesink!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

I can't remember if any do. This is the best I've found that I used a long time ago, hopefully yall will find it helpful:

Edit: Misread, this guide is for Normal Guild 2 and PoTBS.
    http://wp.narc.ro/2010/07/the-guild-2-guide-1

And one of me winning the mayors office:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/broncbuster/screenshot/560918546321803844/?tab=public

Pirates of the European Seas. PoTBS was a terrible, terrible MMO.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Whoops. The burning!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Okay, went ahead and bought Rennaisance. Well, there goes my life.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote:
    I'm not sure who the associated Forumer is, but thank you so much for the Breath of Death/Cluthu Saves the World pack Porcelain Cow. I look forward to the old school gameyness!

Hello! I hope you enjoy them.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So I bought this Guild bundle but what do I really need to install? Just the Pirates one for the tutorial and campaign and then the Renaissance for general play, yes?

• Options
    That or just the Newer one, and dive in, and/or check the link I posted for a tutorial. There may be a newer one out there somewhere.

I'm sure once I crumble at home and buy the new one, I'll dig up a newer FAQ/Guide.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Guys, Gamersgate is having a sale for the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology Master Collection (what a title)
    It's 66% off, so it's 6.78 Euros for me.

These games are included:
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2
    • Planescape: Torment
    • The Temple of Elemental Evil

BG and ID include their respective expansions.

Never having played any of them, I totally jumped on this pack

linky

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    I saw this yesterday in the deal thread to my demise! I played BG1 and 2 back in the day but never finished for various reasons (bg2 being a broken disk... grrr). Have been waiting for a deal on them. Dear lord I wonder if I will ever see the sky again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote: »
    Guys, Gamersgate is having a sale for the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology Master Collection (what a title)

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2

linky

I've played too many Hours of BG and ID with their expansions... and yet, never played Planescape: Torment. I will rectify this when it comes to Steam :p

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2

linky

I paid full price for Torment on GOG. It is one of the last games I paid full price for and I am a little proud of that fact.

However, if it comes to Steam I'll probably buy it again.

• Options
    So, also, Stronghold Kingdoms, Free to Play dropped...Looks interesting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2

linky

Woa, BG2 is 9.99 on gog.com by itself. This is a crazy deal. I've never used Gamersgate before though. How is it?

edit: Gamersgate looks kind of cool. I hope this doesn't anger the Newell, but this is too good of a deal to pass up.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2

linky

Woa, BG2 is 9.99 on gog.com by itself. This is a crazy deal. I've never used Gamersgate before though. How is it?

I have to say, it's pretty hassle-free, at least in my limited experience. You just download an exe file and install the game. Also, I think their games don't use DRM, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case for all of them.

B2b1M.gif
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2

linky

I have to say, it's pretty hassle-free, at least in my limited experience. You just download an exe file and install the game. Also, I think their games don't use DRM, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case for all of them.

Are all the games separate files? Or do you download 1 file for all of them?

edit: Payment options are kind of annoying. Why can't I just use a card?

anoffday on
  • Options

• Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate 2
    • Icewind Dale
    • Icewind Dale 2

linky

Are all the games separate files? Or do you download 1 file for all of them?

Actually, I lied.

It's a downloader, but very non-intrusive. It's just a no-bullshit .exe file that you place in a directory, which just downloads the game into the current directory. It's basically just a progress bar. No Bonzi buddy or any shenanigans of that sort. The anthology is a 10 GB single download.

B2b1M.gif
  • Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Anyone else checking out Fallen Earth? I really don't know what to expect.

Also, I just realized I haven't played through FEAR, Amnesia, or Penumbra, all of which I own on GamersGate. Welp, I guess that's what I'll do this week while the girlfriend's away visiting graduate schools.

Pariel on
  • Options
    Pariel wrote: »
    Anyone else checking out Fallen Earth? I really don't know what to expect.

Also, I just realized I haven't played through FEAR, Amnesia, or Penumbra, all of which I own on GamersGate. Welp, I guess that's what I'll do this week while the girlfriend's away visiting graduate schools.

For me it shows two user reviews from fellow forumers who strongly recommend against playing it, apparently it's very bad.

B2b1M.gif
  • Options
    I enjoyed my time with Fallen earth about a year ago. It is a fun "get lost, salvage stuff, go back and craft MMO" The combat is a weakpoint, but I was amused for a month with a couple friends. Nothing ground breaking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I tried it. It wasn't for me. It felt like a cheap fallout ripoff.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Yeah, I downloaded that Fallen Earth thing but upon being prompted to sign up for something-or-other to get my account to play with, I decided I couldn't be arsed and played some RotMG instead.

Then a couple days later I got Netflix.

Goodbye, videogames. You've always been there for me.....but now it's time to watch every episode of Arrested Develpment again even though I've seen them all a dozen times and have a huge boatload of backlog to play through.

I swear I will try that game out soon though. After downloading such a gargantuan file you can bet your ass that there's no way I'm not going to at least try it.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »
    Wow... Realm of the Mad God is actually hella fun. I don't remember the original being this addictive.

If you haven't tried it yet, its a fun little shooter than you can pick up and play very easily.

its 8bit graphics and SmashTV like play have me addicted, and i feel dirty for liking it.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Huh. Not being able to pay directly by credit card is enough to turn me off GamersGate because fuck Paypal.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Huh. Not being able to pay directly by credit card is enough to turn me off GamersGate because fuck Paypal.

You can pay directly via credit card through Paypal or Moneybookers. You don't actually need to set up an account, you can be a "guest"

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I don't suppose anyone still has a spare Orcs Must Die coupon lying around? Trying to get a friend a belated gift...

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

You can pay directly via credit card through Paypal or Moneybookers. You don't actually need to set up an account, you can be a "guest"
    Fuck. There goes seven bucks.

This discussion has been closed.