As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Anyone need any of these:

FqQLg.png

I might use the Altitude one, but the rest is pretty much anyone games.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Is the steam group chatroom working for anyone? i restarted Steam and now the PA group doesn't even show off how many peopel are in chat, in-game and online... Did something happen?

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    kinda want that stalker but i want to by Chernobyl first, and i wont buy it if its over 10

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    10 hours a day of SMNC, @Lepwave?! Is it that good?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Ruiner999 for hooking me up with a 50% coupon for Bastion. Hoping to make some time to play this due to all the recommendations from you gents. Classiness never ceases to amaze me. Thanks Ruiner999. Your generosity is appreciated.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    BeefersBeefers Registered User regular
    I would be interested in giving SMNC a try (although I would most likely re-gift it), talked a buddy into buying regular MNC a while back and never ended up getting it myself, so I figure I kind of owe him.

• Options
    Though not Steam, I did start a thread with permission from Tube about my friend's game that is in alpha on Onlive right now. It's a fun rogue-like in space. FTL

Tycho just plugged the game on twitter, and consequently they have surpassed their $10k goal on Kickstarter by $11k. That's awesome, because the game looks like ridiculous fun.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

Yes.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Okay, everybody be sure to check the Coupon Book (I have a link in my sig) and make sure you're up to date.

For tomorrow we FEAST!

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    kb8FV.png

Come on Total War mid-week madness. That would be awesome.

I also have a 75% off for Napoleon: TW and a 66% off for Call of Duty: MW2 that I am thinking about splurging on too. Gah, and I have ME3 next week!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Um, wow. Just got this email from GetGames.com:
    It happens every four years. Every four years we get a 29th of February. If your boss is anything like ours - you don't get paid for this day of work and you don't get any thanks.

Anyway, the point of us cluttering up your inbox is that FROM 11.00AM GMT on the 29th OF FEBRUARY FOR 24 HOURS we are taking 29 games and cutting prices big time. So check out the list below, get ready and then Get Games (see what we did there!)

So, to save money - 11.00am 29th Feb - and click the link...

And the list of games:
    Anno 2070 66% off
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 70% off
    Batman Arkham City 50% off
    Cities XL 2012 70% off
    Commandos Complete 75% off
    Deus Ex Human Revolution + The Missing Link 70% off
    Deus Ex Human Revolution Augmented Edition 66% off
    Dirt 3 75% off
    Driver San Francisco 66% off
    Dungeon Siege III + Treasures of The Sun 75% off
    Explodemon 50% off
    Football Manager 2012 50% off
    Frozen Synapse 75% off
    IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover 70% off
    King's Bounty Crossworlds GOTY 75% off
    Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 50% off
    Men of War Assault Squad GOTY 50% off
    Napoleon Total War Imperial Edition 66% off
    Operation Flashpoint Red River 75% off
    Red Orchestra 2 66% off
    Renegade Ops 66% off
    Serious Sam 3 BFE 50% off
    Serious Sam HD The First Encounter 80% off
    Shogun 2 Total War 66% off
    Sid Meier's Civilization V 66% off
    Sonic Generations 66% off
    Super Meat Boy 66% off
    The Oddboxx 70% off
    Tropico 4 70% off

Now, I don't know if these will be redeemable on Steam (I got Frozen Synapse through a bundle with them and it wasn't), and some people have had bad experiences with GetGames, but those are some pretty good sales.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    It happens every four years. Every four years we get a 29th of February. If your boss is anything like ours - you don't get paid for this day of work and you don't get any thanks.

Anyway, the point of us cluttering up your inbox is that FROM 11.00AM GMT on the 29th OF FEBRUARY FOR 24 HOURS we are taking 29 games and cutting prices big time. So check out the list below, get ready and then Get Games (see what we did there!)

And the list of games:
    Anno 2070 66% off
    Cities XL 2012 70% off
    Dirt 3 75% off
    Explodemon 50% off
    Frozen Synapse 75% off
    Red Orchestra 2 66% off
    Renegade Ops 66% off
    Super Meat Boy 66% off
    The Oddboxx 70% off
    Tropico 4 70% off

Now, I don't know if these will be redeemable on Steam (I got Frozen Synapse through a bundle with them and it wasn't), and some people have had bad experiences with GetGames, but those are some pretty good sales.

Thank you for posting this. I'm glad I held out a bit. I may acquire Sonic, DS3 and Shogun 2 (hopefully the DLC is on sale too) from here instead. I wish the Anno 2070 and Lego: HP were Steamworks, oh well.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

And the list of games:
    Anno 2070 66% off
    Cities XL 2012 70% off
    Dirt 3 75% off
    Explodemon 50% off
    Frozen Synapse 75% off
    Red Orchestra 2 66% off
    Renegade Ops 66% off
    Super Meat Boy 66% off
    The Oddboxx 70% off
    Tropico 4 70% off

Link? GetGames.com seems to be only flash games.

edit: found it, getgamesgo.com

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Oh, sorry. Yeah, it's getgamesgo.com

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I vote UP on Guild 2, it's pretty fun. Some of the features are a pain in the ass (like trying to track down people to bribe) but overall it's pretty awesome.

Anyone know if the multiplayer servers are still up? I try to register and it just doesn't happen. Should I just give up and use Hamachi?

For Guild 2 and PotES, the Renaissance patch when launched broke multiplayer for me and my friends. We had to go with Himachi, this was some months ago when I was still driven to complete a full game. I would stick with Himachi or try the newest game for multiplayer, which I will try sometime soon here.

Yes, I bagged on the game and still bought it. I am the epitome of hypocrite. And I will complete a full game of this, I have spent at least 20 hours trying with the older versions.

You win this time Newell. This time.
    Who am I kidding, you always win.

EDIT: Bribe help, or marriage/tracking people tips: If they are in politics, and you're trying to get them on your side, you can always select the bribe button, click on the politics button (lower right next to compass) and find the dude and click him there. This is always how I track my potential wife, click the marriage/embrace/kiss/whatever button, go to the Telescope, find the potential candidates and click there portrait there, you mans will run off to perform the action.

I got a million tips for this game if you want them folks! But the starters guide is probably the best to look over, the gameplay applies to all version minus a couple options: http://wp.narc.ro/2010/07/the-guild-2-guide-1

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I vote UP on Guild 2, it's pretty fun. Some of the features are a pain in the ass (like trying to track down people to bribe) but overall it's pretty awesome.

Anyone know if the multiplayer servers are still up? I try to register and it just doesn't happen. Should I just give up and use Hamachi?

For Guild 2 and PotES, the Renaissance patch when launched broke multiplayer for me and my friends. We had to go with Himachi, this was some months ago when I was still driven to complete a full game. I would stick with Himachi or try the newest game for multiplayer, which I will try sometime soon here.

Yes, I bagged on the game and still bought it. I am the epitome of hypocrite. And I will complete a full game of this, I have spent at least 20 hours trying with the older versions.

You win this time Newell. This time.
    Who am I kidding, you always win.

I looked into it more and the multiplayer servers were shut off so Himachi is the only way to go now. Also, there's some patches that can only be manually installed and doing so makes the game Not Steam anymore.

• Options

To be honest, I play the game in full screen window mode, so I tend to leave it open and forget about it. That said, it's a pretty fun game with PA people.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    Lepwave wrote: »

To be honest, I play the game in full screen window mode, so I tend to leave it open and forget about it. That said, it's a pretty fun game with PA people.

Wow. Just looked at your sig pic. 148 hours the last 2 weeks. Thought maybe you set up shop in a Korean cyber cafe.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, if you guys hate the newell/yourselves, StarWars is on sale on Goldbox. an other hourlyish deals.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Dead Mountaineer's Hotel is the daily. Hadn't actually heard of it before!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like Asscreed midweek. 25 bucks for Revelations.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Also, if you guys hate the newell/yourselves, StarWars is on sale on Goldbox. an other hourlyish deals.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox

Is that a physical copy or a download?

edit: ah, free shipping I guess would make a physical copy.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    don't see the asscreed, but would like to pick up brotherhood if anyone has a good coupon

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Looks like Asscreed midweek. 25 bucks for Revelations.

Just AssRev? darn. was hoping for a cheap Ass Bro

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Rev is just what shows up in the specials. Might end up being a franchise sale and they're just slow.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I know the chances of the game I want getting a sale before my coups expire is slim to none, but I'm holding off. So when the 1st comes do they instantly expire, or is the 1st the last day to use them?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Ashe wrote: »

I was mainly interested in it (and got it as a gift) during xmas because it reminded me of The Shining.

• Options
    Though not Steam, I did start a thread with permission from Tube about my friend's game that is in alpha on Onlive right now. It's a fun rogue-like in space. FTL

Tycho just plugged the game on twitter, and consequently they have surpassed their $10k goal on Kickstarter by $11k. That's awesome, because the game looks like ridiculous fun.

Notch did too. Both them in a day and that thing is set for a while.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Havn't done one of these in a while.

signature.png

Gotta be a member of the PA Steam group, as per usual. Entries close Friday around 6:30 PM EST.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Nice one PMAvers. Doubt I'll hit up that one though, SMNC has my full attention.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a Paradox Interactive coupon they'd be willing to part with?

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I know the chances of the game I want getting a sale before my coups expire is slim to none, but I'm holding off. So when the 1st comes do they instantly expire, or is the 1st the last day to use them?

ifPg1.png

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Anyone got a 33% Ubisoft coupon? Assassin's Creed Revelations is just too much at £15

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular

I was mainly interested in it (and got it as a gift) during xmas because it reminded me of The Shining.

Is it any good?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    I'm also interested in an Ubisoft/AssRev coupon if another person has one they don't want.

I have an extra copy of Portal, 50% off Valve, 50% off Altitude, and 50% off Killing Floor up for grabs if anyone is interested in them too, gift or trade.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hmm... review of Dead Mountaineer's Hotel from a bunch of people who know adventure games.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1396

Not exactly an earth-shaking recommendation.

The Coupon Book says @spoit has a 25% off Revelations coupon.

Taramoor on
  • Options

Is it any good?

How the hell would I know? It's not like I actually play any of these games.

:rotate:

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Hmm... review of Dead Mountaineer's Hotel from a bunch of people who know adventure games.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1396

Not exactly an earth-shaking recommendation.

Thanks for the link. Never heard of the game but once I saw it was and adventure game I got somewhat interested. Reading that review I think I'll pass. Just finished The Longest Journey and still have many wonderful adventures games to play.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    don't see the asscreed, but would like to pick up brotherhood if anyone has a good coupon

I have one. I added you on Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I've been sitting on this Modern Warfare voucher all this time, not bitten on it, and time is short so; anyone really wants 75% off Modern Warfare, message me on Steam or something. :3

Oh brilliant
This discussion has been closed.