As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD [STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Lord_Snot wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    Remember how CSGO was gonna be have PC and PS3 players together? Apparently that's not happening.

Eh, it's probably for the better anyway.

For them. :P

Didn't Quake 3 have cross-platform gameplay between PC and Dreamcast players? And I believe that the PC gamers kicked their asses. For FPSs, gamepads have nothing on KBAM.

PS3 allows KBAM

I would be very interested to see any kind of statistics on how many PS3 users actually avail themselves of that.

It's funny. I always see these stacks of "PS3 Keyboard and Mouse for FPS Games!" boxes at Best Buy when I go there. I have to assume someone buys them.

Depending on how big the stacks are, and whether the company that makes them sells something else Best Buy is interested in selling, that could indicated that they aren't exactly flying of the selves. Is there a layer of dust on the top one? :)

Most people that I meet who prefer consoles always brings up the fact that they can sit on their couch and play games. I have a hard time imagining how you would use KB&M where you wouldn't be more comfortable sitting in front of a PC. Then again, I really don't understand how playing games from a couch is better then in front of a PC, but that might just be because of the games I play and my more-then-5$-office-chair.

I would think that being one of the few KBAM players in a server full of controllers would be pretty sweet. So that's definitely one good reason to give up the couch for the console.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

I almost pulled the trigger too, but even though the DLC is cheaper, it's still a pretty penny for all of it.

Me wonders if there will be an even bigger sale on a complete Sims 3 pack during Summer/Winter.
    Thing is, I'd be fine with just the base game and maybe one DLC.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    The Sims 3 and DLC is on sale again. I'm sort of tempted. I have the disc version that I bought on release. I discovered last week that it was picked up by Origin, which was nice. It's just that the damn thing crashes if I try to change resolution and it crashes if I exit the game normally.

I wonder if the Steam version would (magically) behave better, but I guess not.

steam_sig.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i've finally tried Nimbus, one of the few games i won through giveaways. I initially thanked @Madpanda. Now i am filled with nothing but frothing rage at him. This game makes me feel murderous. It's just so hard, yet so addictive. i think it might be unhealthy for me to play it.

Is there a trick to it i haven't figured out yet or...?

I mean, it started out pleasant enough, it's got good mechanics, but it just goes from pleasant game to I Wanna be the Guy in world 3 and it just doesn't let up.

The difficulty rating of the level i'm stuck at is 4/10... It looks borderline impossible. Why did you curse me, Madpanda?

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Centipeed, if you're reading this, my connection to Steam just went for some reason. Waiting to see if it re-connects.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I was almost tempted by sale price Sims 3 there, until I realised there is still so much DLC it would still cost more than a newly released retail game.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Much like the living dead's unquenchable thirst for human flesh, I too am an ever consuming being of zombie related items. However given the dismal reviews of Dead Horde, this would be equivalent to eating a dead cat instead of a delicious person from Kentucky in the zombie world.

There's a "Kentucky Fried Children" joke in there somewhere but I'm not smart enough to make it.

I lack the braaains.

You're labeled a 'Dare Seeker' if you buy it at that metascore?

Also, I find it comical there is a Sims 3: Katy Perry edition.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I haven't played the sims since the first one. Is it even really still that fun?

Steam: offday
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I haven't played the sims since the first one. Is it even really still that fun?

Yes. They've gotten progressively better.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    It keeps my girlfriend busy for hours when I want to shoot mans. I love the Sims.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Re: Ys Infodump:

You guys rock. Thanks!

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I've never played a Sims game. Tempting but the appeal has never been there for me.

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Anybody here have any luck running steam on Ubuntu? I am building a new(ish) PC and am considering it as an option for a little while until I can get my hand on a better HDD and Windows 7.

steam_sig.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Ah, fond memories of Sims 1 where I lay in wait until my Sim took a shower then walled it off so they couldn't get out, watching as they urinated on themselves, screamed in fear, and then eventually succumbed to hunger, giving them the sweet, sweet death they craved.

Alternatively, great times were also to be had by letting them go swim in the swimming pool and removing the ladder (ends in drowning) or purchasing ten stoves and letting a sim with no cooking skill have at it (ends in flaming death).

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • ColorlessGreenColorlessGreen Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Anybody here have any luck running steam on Ubuntu? I am building a new(ish) PC and am considering it as an option for a little while until I can get my hand on a better HDD and Windows 7.

I have not tried it myself yet, but I looked in to it a little while ago and the internets lead me to believe that it can be gotten working through wine without too much trouble (with the standard not-everything-works-perfectly caveats that are included in any discussion of gaming on linux).

Hearthstone (NA, EU, Asia): Ceegee#1473 - spectators welcome.
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Stacking and MLB 2K12 are out. Former's 33% off ($10).

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yay, Sims! I was waiting for this. Im'a get Pets!

Can anyone convince me to get Generations? I hate kids in my game and never have them.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I've never played a Sims game. Tempting but the appeal has never been there for me.

Same here. Can someone sell me on why it's fun?

Lord_Snot wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »

Same here. Can someone sell me on why it's fun?

It's the whole God complex thing the game makes. It's basically a HUGE dollhouse and you can do whatever you want. Initially there doesn't seem much reason to do stuff other then to max a Career chain until you figure out your own goals. I currently have the Wicked Witch's cousin living on another planet trying to become a novelist to fund her takeover of the planet after she marries Death.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ah, fond memories of Sims 1 where I lay in wait until my Sim took a shower then walled it off so they couldn't get out, watching as they urinated on themselves, screamed in fear, and then eventually succumbed to hunger, giving them the sweet, sweet death they craved.

Alternatively, great times were also to be had by letting them go swim in the swimming pool and removing the ladder (ends in drowning) or purchasing ten stoves and letting a sim with no cooking skill have at it (ends in flaming death).

You're a monster. I bet you also used to open roller coasters in RCT that were half finished too, huh?

No? Just me?

Rami wrote: »
    I was almost tempted by sale price Sims 3 there, until I realised there is still so much DLC it would still cost more than a newly released retail game.

The base game with zero DLC is still crazy fun.

Roshin wrote: »
    The Sims 3 and DLC is on sale again. I'm sort of tempted. I have the disc version that I bought on release. I discovered last week that it was picked up by Origin, which was nice. It's just that the damn thing crashes if I try to change resolution and it crashes if I exit the game normally.

I wonder if the Steam version would (magically) behave better, but I guess not.

It does but for best results, register on Origin (or/and Steam, the codes work for both) then download the whole mess. Then install the Nraas Overwatch mod, It fixes so many crash glitches it's just nuts.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

You're a monster. I bet you also used to open roller coasters in RCT that were half finished too, huh?

No? Just me?

Bah, opening half-finished roller-coasters is child's play. I would take rides like this: superman4.jpg

or this: preview.jpg and tweak the settings so they launched at something like 10 times the normal speed, resulting in the cart careening off into space, where I can only imagine the patrons burned up upon re-entry.

I was very disappointed that the settings were locked with the Six Flags expansion, so I couldn't turn my roller coasters into death traps.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular

No? Just me?

Bah, opening half-finished roller-coasters is child's play. I would take rides like this: superman4.jpg

or this: preview.jpg and tweak the settings so they launched at something like 10 times the normal speed, resulting in the cart careening off into space, where I can only imagine the patrons burned up upon re-entry.

I was very disappointed that the settings were locked with the Six Flags expansion, so I couldn't turn my roller coasters into death traps.

I did this very same thing.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Im kind of a zombie nut but watching the first level of dead horde on youtube makes it look slightly better than a flash game...

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Dead Horde is going to be part of an indie bundle shortly with like 7 other games. Best to snag it then.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Out of nowhere, Stacking is out on Steam.

Argh, where is Iron Brigade/Trenched?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Neat, Stacking always had a cool style but never saw much of it.

Is it kind of an adventure or puzzle game?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Well that's going on the wishlist, for whenever I have the means to start buying games again.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Out of nowhere, Stacking is out on Steam.

Argh, where is Iron Brigade/Trenched?

I believe that, when asked, Double Fine gave a "no comment" with a little giggle.

steam_sig.png
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    That Double Fine bundle is preeeeetty tempting!!

Neat, Stacking always had a cool style but never saw much of it.

Is it kind of an adventure or puzzle game?

Adventure game with puzzles. Many of the puzzles involve hopping inside others with useful skills, and most have multiple solutions. The first major puzzle for instance, is at a snooty rich people's club. You can get in there a variety of ways, like hopping into a mechanic to open up a vent so you can sneak in, or hopping inside someone that the snooty guy guarding the entrance will allow in.

No? Just me?

I did this very same thing.

Ha, yeah. I did this too.

Also, Stacking is cool. I still have it for PS3, though. I'm pretty sure it was one of the few PS plus games that we really did get to keep.

edited March 2012
    That Double Fine bundle is preeeeetty tempting!!

Wow, yeah. 20 bucks for those 3 is not bad at all. I already own Pyschonauts on steam, as well as Stacking and Costume Quest on PS3, and I'm still considering it.

I don't suppose any duplicates become gift copies, do they?

anoffday on
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    oh man, Psychonauts is on sale for $5 by itself too. Screw the bundle, I'm buying this

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Igpx407 wrote: »
    Anyone in here interested in throwing down in some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer this week? We can't let the Reapers win. And my Origin name is the same as my Steam and PA forums name.

I'm game for ME3 Multiplayer, origin is likewise same as my PA and Steam handles.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Dead Horde is going to be part of an indie bundle shortly with like 7 other games. Best to snag it then.

Great news! Which bundle is it?

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2012
    rikdaly wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »

Great news! Which bundle is it?

IndieFaceKick or something. Supposed to be launching in the next two weeks. No details on pricing but the games are known:

Dead Horde
    Greed Corp
    Runespell Overture
    Avencast Rise of the Mage
    Post Apocalytpic Mayhem (though they said they might switch this out since it just got added to the BeMine)
    Sol Survivor
    Still Life 2
    Booster Trooper
    Greed Black Border

Corpekata on
  • DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Bah, talked myself into the sims 3 the other day while browsing in game. I wanted to buy something and saw it thinking I really should play it. Then saw it was £30 odd and promptly put it back. "if only it werent 30 quid " I thought to myself, "I'd get it if so". Damn me and my thinking. I had to buy it today on steam out of principle.

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.