As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] of Sam McGee

1939495969799»

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote:
    That's the top guy. He's also been working there for decades.

So he's been working there for decades pulling high 5 figure wages

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    I used to get $30 Haircuts, but I found a place by my office that does decent $15 jobs.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    my last haircut cost like £5

nothing more satisfying than a cheap haircut yo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote:
    Gooey wrote:
    81 grand is a living wage?

There was some study of people from earnings of 15k a year to like.... $TEXAS, whatever. A lot of money, I don't remember how much. And the sample size was either 5k or 100k. I don't remember but it was at least 5. It was a lot of people. And the asked them on a 4, 5 or 7 pt scale a ton of questions about their happiness, mood swings, well-being.

Anyway, past 75k, people don't really get happier with more money. 75k is as much as you need to be just about as happy with the people earning 300k or more.

Not sure if serious.

Objectively, I can tell you that my life would be dramatically happier if I made $300k than at my current salary.

I'm quite serious. Are you sure you'd actually be happier? Like, you'd have more things, but how many things can you do at a time, really? Maybe 75k affords you as much as you can really do at a time, with spending money to change. And will more shit really alter your brain chemically to even have the capacity to be happier? Where will that happiness come from?

Will it make your family less stressful? Your kids less needy? Your life less terminal, finite?

I'm not definitively saying more money won't make you happier, but it seems to me there has to be a limit, and while 75k seems low compared to billionaires, it seems to be the number borne out of a huge national survery, and maybe only seems low to me because I'm living off less than 20k a year.

Yes, I can say with absolute certainty that my life would be better even at $100K, nevermind $300K, and I would be far happier. $300K would mean I could wipe away my total debt load, not counting my house, in 6 months. In another six months I would have set aside a significant portion of my oldest child's college degree cost. In 5 years, I'd have repaired and expanded my house, hired a maid for my sick wife, set aside college for all three children, and begun a plan for a considerable retirement fund. I'd have the stress of making bills completely removed, be able to travel on occasion, and regularly spend on entertainment without worrying over what I was doing to the budget.

$75K is not a lot of money to run a family of 5 on, even here in Texas. It's not the poorhouse, but it's not comfortable.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    DK, it was shears genius.

• Options

god damn redcoats

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote:

god damn redcoats

Just hook the flow-bee up to the vacuum cleaner.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    She was the only maid on that side of the building. Easily 100 rooms, $10 a room, she probably makes more than I do strictly on god damned tips, assuming her average tip is $10.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    thehumandignitythehumandignity Registered User regular
    in america you tip everybody lest you are judged

I do not tip anyone for a job I can do myself. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I do, however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverise my own kidney stones.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Good lord, that would be fantastic. Even one month of salary at $300K/yr would be a giant benefit. I could pay off my car and some of my outstanding debt the first month I made that money.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote:
    emme you miss a really easy pun there

Que?

Don't get hymm going

• Options
    i have never tipped a maid, ever

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Look at this shit

RickH.jpg

So badass only one shoulder has a different color patch.

webmombot2flat%20copy.jpg

Damn grandma, rockin the Krusty the Clown look like a boss.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    bowen wrote:
    She was the only maid on that side of the building. Easily 100 rooms, $10 a room, she probably makes more than I do strictly on god damned tips, assuming her average tip is $10.

You are greatly overestimating a.) the number of rooms occupied b.) the number of people who tip and c.) how much they leave.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am planning on being in debt for all of my life.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    http://www.flowbee.com/flowbee vs robo.htm

flowbee is the best and robo is a piece of junk!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    in america you tip everybody lest you are judged

I do not tip anyone for a job I can do myself. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I do, however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverise my own kidney stones.

I bet your haircuts are worth every penny.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I pay $30 for a haircut. She does a good job and I like helping to support an independent single mother.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    emnmnme wrote:
    i paid $50 + $10 for my last haircut

:shock:

Your head should have been dipped in molten gold to justify a $60 haircut.

I pay $65 before tip. It's worth every penny.

I'm mailing you a Flowbee cutter next Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkqx4UXlwl4

emnmnme on
This discussion has been closed.