As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I need an AP for DJing, does it exist

StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So I DJ'd my first party yesterday, it was a pretty great time, only problem was there were times when nobody was in the room in which I was spinning, they were all in the kitchen where the keg was :(

Solution to this problem

An app that streams what's happening in Virtual DJ to my iphone or ipod touch, playing in a dock or other sound system elsewhere, using Wifi.

does such a thing exist?

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
Staleghoti on

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's not much help without specifics, but I know I've seen these. If nobody else has specifics, I'll poke around later.

But another question is what degree of spinning are you doing? Are we talking heavy sampling and remixing, or just picking the right songs for the current vibe, maybe fading them into eachother to keep the downtime low? The fine control stuff is obviously going to be a lot trickier than just queuing up the next track.

yalborap on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I mix using virtual DJ

want to buy a controller eventually, can't do anything very intense with just a keyboard and mouse. People complimented the mixing last night tho

there is no downtime

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.