As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Speaking of questionable characterization does anybody get Avenging Spider-man? I borrowed the one with Hawk-eye from a friend and I'd love to know if anybody thinks he's a little off. Like past the point of being a wise-ass to just being a jerk. Or is that how he is supposed to be?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Well the original Vision's back, but like most everyone in HAMMER War, hasn't done much.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Speaking of questionable characterization does anybody get Avenging Spider-man? I borrowed the one with Hawk-eye from a friend and I'd love to know if anybody thinks he's a little off. Like past the point of being a wise-ass to just being a jerk. Or is that how he is supposed to be?

Read Busiek's Avengers or Busiek's or Nicieza's Thunderbolts runs for a good Hawkeye.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Doesn't really answer the question.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Doesn't really answer the question.

He's a snarky wiseass, like Spider-man. Loathes taking orders and has conflicts with leaders occasionally. Avengers: EMH perfectly executed his character, too.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Marvel is proud to announce that, beginning June 2012, all Marvel super hero comics priced at $3.99 will include codes for free digital copies of those same issues on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices at no extra cost! That’s right, the most-talked-about comics in the industry—including AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, INVINCIBLE IRON MAN, THE MIGHTY THOR, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN and more—will come packed with a code to ensure fans have the most critically acclaimed stories with them anytime, anywhere.
    “We’re committed to bringing fans the best value in comics. By including codes for free digital copies in all our $3.99 super hero comics, we’re doing just that” said David Gabriel, SVP of Sales, Marvel Entertainment. “We’ve seen a tremendous response to the digital codes in Avenging Spider-Man, our Season One graphic novels and the Ultimate Comics line. The positive reactions from both retailers and fans make it clear that including these codes with our books drives customers into comic stores on a repeated basis.”

Marvel made comic book history in 2011 by announcing all titles in the Ultimate Comics line would include codes for free digital copies on the Marvel Comics app, with unrivaled incentives for comic shop retailers. Then, in 2012, Marvel announced the acclaimed Season One graphic novels would also include similar codes making them the first graphic novels to ever include codes for free digital copies at no extra cost.
    “At Marvel, we’re always looking for ways to bring the worlds of print and digital media together to deliver the best comics experience for our fans,” said Peter Phillips, SVP & GM, Marvel Digital Media. “With this next step, fans will soon be able to buy their comics from their favorite retailers but also enjoy them on their mobile devices and tablets, all at no extra charge. Welcome to the Revolution.”

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18254/top-selling_marvel_comics_to_receive_free_digital_codes#ixzz1odAZZBa3

Also gave the cover to Avengers 27
    detail.jpg

New Avengers!
    NEW-AVENGERS-27.jpg
    NEW AVENGERS #27
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (w) • MIKE DEODATO (a&C)
    AVX TIE-IN!
    • Hope Summers journeys to the magical city of K’un L’un, home of the Iron Fist, to uncover her destiny!
    • But will she conquer her future…or be consumed by it?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well that's great

but they should lower the price of digital copies to 2.99 then, since it makes no sense to be buying it digital only at that point

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Well that's great

but they should lower the price of digital copies to 2.99 then, since it makes no sense to be buying it digital only at that point

Well they got some kind of digital announcement on Sunday.

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Anyone getting Avengers vs X-Men that won't use their digital codes? Willing to pay roughly $1 an issue for the codes.

• Options
    Anyone getting Avengers vs X-Men that won't use their digital codes? Willing to pay roughly $1 an issue for the codes.

You can have mine for free if my bf doesn't want them, only issue is that I'll be picking up comics monthly May-August.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Arivia wrote: »

You can have mine for free if my bf doesn't want them, only issue is that I'll be picking up comics monthly May-August.

Wow, you rock Arivia!

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Guess I'll be picking up Avengers 27

• Options
    Arivia wrote: »

Wow, you rock Arivia!

Lol it ain't no thing.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Guess I'll be picking up Avengers 27

Erg ... I ... I ... may have to as well.

• Options
    Something about a New Avengers cover of Luke punching Danny yet turning out to be about Hope makes me happy inside.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I like that Avengers #27 cover

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    On the Hulk front, I wonder if
    Hulk will end up having to re-merge with Banner, because the Hulk's simple focus is what's kept Banner in check all these years, Banner left un-checked turns evil scientist, It'd be neat to have Hulk be the prisoner for his own good/a flip on the Banner is a prisoner of the Hulk type story

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Finally, Spidey616 will close things out asking: "Since some time has passed and with Bucky now back as the Winter Soldier, are we any closer to learning more about the apocalyptic vision Steve Rogers had at the end of 'Captain America: Reborn'?

Brubaker: I think so, yeah. That vision was the DC reboot.

God damn Brubaker

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Stone cold.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Damn

• Options
    Mother-fuck Brubaker.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    He's as cold as ice.

I'm actually looking forward to AvX , first time in years I've been interested in a marvel event.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Some advice:
    Register a Marvel.com account in advance of using any digital codes. Their system sucks, and it ate the digital code I registered with on a weird delay where I had the book for a few days and then it disappeared.

Edit: Or better still, they don't seem to have any new books at all in their Chrome/PC store anymore, which means all new book codes are iOS/Android only now.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    VermisVermis Registered User regular
    I think I might need a wee bit more context for the Brubaker comment. There's a hefty dose of "Oh no you di'n't!" right there, but is there anything more?

(Any scans online?)

rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    It was this week's Axel-In-Charge on CBR.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Was there anything in CA: Reborn that hinted at it, though? :) Any indication how badly he thought the reboot would crash and burn, if that's what he meant?

rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    I think it was just a joke at DC's expense.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah uh

it was a joke

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    I think the apocalyptic vision was Captain America Reborn itself.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Ah, I got it.

No, really.

rulksig.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    herojoe wrote: »
    I think the apocalyptic vision was Captain America Reborn itself.

The story wasn't that bad. Compared to Brubaker's previous Cap runs it wasn't up to par I'll admit.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    This weekend, Marvel Comics took its Digital Media Group to the South By Southwest Interactive conference in Austin, Texas for the first time to show off new products including the incoming "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon and, as CBR has learned, a new suit of digital products coming under the banner of "Marvel ReEvolution." At the heart of this rollout are two new tie-ins to the incoming "Avengers Vs. X-Men" event – an augmented reality app called Marvel AR offering new features for "AvX" #1 and on as well as brand-new original digital stories labeled Marvel Infinite Comics starting with a Nova story from Mark Waid and Stuart Immonen.

Furu on
  • Options
    Well pretty meh on the infinite thing.

But Holy Shit can't wait for Nova by Waid and Immonen!

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Well pretty meh on the infinite thing.

But Holy Shit can't wait for Nova by Waid and Immonen!

That is the infinite thing

Marvel AR is a separate thing

• Options
    My bad!

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Dude.

Dude.

Waid on Nova is going to be sweet.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Oh fucking god

Nova by Waid and Immonen? FUCKING SOLD.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Yeah, but it's digital only.

And it's looking like it might not be available on Marvel's Chrome/PC webstore, unless there's some news about that getting revamped (which there doesn't seem to be).

So, it's Nova by Waid and Immonen, available exclusively for iOS and Android devices.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Luckily I have an iPhone.

edit: Also, Waid/Immonen Nova is miles ahead of the Loeb "Epic Fail" Nova we were all worrying about.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Great news to see today. Can't wait for it. Still going to miss Rich, but I just can't wait to see what Waid and Immonen do with this.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
This discussion has been closed.