As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It'll give it a much needed sales boost and Parker's still writing so I'm cool with it

especially if Skaar is on the team

CYpGAPn.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It is still written by Parker and I wouldn't be surprised if Walker stuck around too

so it ain't no big deal

Well, Walker and Shalvey. Jordie Bellaire will be coloring some upcoming issues, so I wonder if she'll stick around and maybe do Declan's issues while Frank Martin does Kev's.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    If it's more or less the same book, then OK, but the title change pisses me off like I can not describe.

Same here, but I'm going to leave it at that. Like the Captain Marvel thing (I didn't see anything in those previews clearly about that, BTW) I'm just going to wait and see and keep my thoughts to myself for now.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You'd think there'd be a point of avengers fatigue with all those titles, but apparently that won't set in until after the movie comes out

initiatefailure on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I just hope Dark Avengers doesn't mean we lose our positively enchanting preexisting T'underbolts crew.

huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2012
    BC says it's Parker and Shalvey.

Crimsondude on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Well I am sure that Parker knows what he is doing

Hey ...

He did get an Avengers book. I do recall that being a want among the group.

BC says it's Parker and Shalvey.

Gonna miss Walker. He's the reason I gave Thunderbolts a chance in the first place.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    I just hope Dark Avengers doesn't mean we lose our positively enchanting preexisting T'underbolts crew.

It didn't last time. Sort of.

H9f4bVe.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    There was a comment about the current Dark Avengers going to the Thunderbolts initiative in Avengers this week so I'm not sure if I'd get my hopes up.

I am guessing it will be a mix of T-Bolts and Dark Avengers.

Skaar will probably join, Moonstone will probably be kicked out since she has proved she cannot be rehabilitated for the billionth time. Ghost will certainly stick around.

CYpGAPn.png
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular

Skaar will probably join, Moonstone will probably be kicked out since she has proved she cannot be rehabilitated for the billionth time. Ghost will certainly stick around.

I think Skaar is joing the New Avengers if I recall?

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Moonstone needs to stay around because she's the best. Of anyone in Norman's new team to integrate, maybe Hawkeye's brother would work, and the magic lady.

It doesn't surprise me about Kev Walker leaving, I knew he was going to be poached for another title after Fear Itself.

I think Skaar is joing the New Avengers if I recall?
    The solicit says that but he hasn't shown up on any covers or appeared in the AvX Avengers group shots

so I think he is over in Dark Avengers instead

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Marvel June Solicits, or the best all-in one page so far. Those absolutely stupid "classified" things pop up again.

Steve McNiven is still writing some fights in VS #3 (Black Widow vs. Magik, that's going to have some plot armor)

Immonens are still on Avenging Spider-Man, which is getting an Ends of the Earth epilogue.

And Andrews continues to draw covers to Ultimate Comics that are silly, Old Hulk costume with his old mjolnir :/

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Except Thor has his old Mjolnir and costume again after the events of the first arc, remember?

CYpGAPn.png
    Oooooh

his old new mjolnir

yeah that is silly

CYpGAPn.png
    edited March 2012
    Except Thor has his old Mjolnir and costume again after the events of the first arc, remember?

He has should pads now though!! (couple of other small changes too) (also doesnt have the proper belt) (the mjolnir looks like the toy foam one too )
    :|

UltimateInferno on

edited March 2012
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Marvel June Solicits, or the best all-in one page so far. Those absolutely stupid "classified" things pop up again.

Steve McNiven is still writing some fights in VS #3 (Black Widow vs. Magik, that's going to have some plot armor)

Immonens are still on Avenging Spider-Man, which is getting an Ends of the Earth epilogue.

I can't wait to see Johnathan Hickman art up some of those issues.

edit: Oh, hey, a probably actual plot-valid Rogue vs. Ms. Marvel fight is in Legacy #269. Guess I just want that one.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    "When you buy your first issue of 'Avengers Vs. X-Men,' you will get a free digital copy," said Singh. "With issue #1, you'll also get this infinite comic bundled together for free." The infinite comic will not be bundled with the digital-only version of "Avengers Vs. X-Men" #1.

While this is great for physical buyers

fucking hell

so if I buy AvX digitally I still have to pay 3.99 and don't get the Nova story for free?

That is ridiculous.

CYpGAPn.png
    "When you buy your first issue of 'Avengers Vs. X-Men,' you will get a free digital copy," said Singh. "With issue #1, you'll also get this infinite comic bundled together for free." The infinite comic will not be bundled with the digital-only version of "Avengers Vs. X-Men" #1.

While this is great for physical buyers

fucking hell

so if I buy AvX digitally I still have to pay 3.99 and don't get the Nova story for free?

That is ridiculous.

I *think* when they first announced the infinite thing last weekend they said instead of a separate thing, the infinite thing would be built into the digital copy of AvX.

punspace001_cov_02.jpg

edited March 2012
    The funny thing is that this isn't even the first Punisher In Space story.

Oooh. Batroc attacks in Captain America and Iron Man.

Crimsondude on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I love Batroc so much.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Moonstone needs to stay around because she's the best. Of anyone in Norman's new team to integrate, maybe Hawkeye's brother would work, and the magic lady.

It doesn't surprise me about Kev Walker leaving, I knew he was going to be poached for another title after Fear Itself.

Moonstone is one of the best parts of Thunderbolts. Keep her, Satana, Ghost, and Troll, and shelf the rest.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I agree with you on all points except Satanna, whom I'm hoping goes off with Man-Thing in his upcoming book to have mystical adventures and the like.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I would leave Man-Thing in that list, but with his book coming up, I know he's out. I'm really hoping for Satana to join him, but if she doesn't, I'd like to see her stick around, or I'll just pick up whatever book she might be in after she's done here. She's just too much fun to read, especially when she gets to cut loose and lights things on fire.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    I agree. However, I also think Songbird deserves a shot at full membership in the Avengers by now.

Songbird would be cool in the Avengera

she's a good female character with a solid personality

And in terms of her powers she has a pretty unique and heavy hitting set that means she could hang with the big guns

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If Bendis is leaving one or all of the Avengers titles, it'd be nice to see her land on one of the teams following a roster shake-up.

But I'd rather see her have a major role in Thunderbolts than a minor role in the Avengers.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    If Bendis is leaving one or all of the Avengers titles, it'd be nice to see her land on one of the teams following a roster shake-up.

But I'd rather see her have a major role in Thunderbolts than a minor role in the Avengers.

I'd like to see her get a major role in Avengers. Being a rookie that is on a team with big players like Thor, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Captain America etc is an interesting storyline for her to explore in the series.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    guys, turns out that Infernal Man-Thing is a three issue mini-series, the issues are lost scripts from the 70s by Steve Gerber that'd just been found, and are going to be drawn. No Satanna.

Okay whew, AvX Infinite is free for digital buyers as well

also available separately for .99

CYpGAPn.png
    detail.jpg
    detail.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    Also official cut and dried "there is no reboot or reset coming" from Brevoort.

CYpGAPn.png
    Also official cut and dried "there is no reboot or reset coming" from Brevoort.

Yeah

which is not unexpected

but it's a nice reassurance

gotta lol at way he words it
    Brevoort assures a fan: "There's no reboot coming. There's not going to be a reset. The Marvel Universe isn't broken."

This discussion has been closed.