As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    That is Skaar, Son of Hulk, Ai Apec from the Osborn mini that is basically a freaky South American demigod that is stuck in Spider-Man shape and Ragnarok the Thor clone

They look far too close like Thor, Spider-man and Hulk IMO.

that's the point, i think

they're violent counterparts

You can have clones without appearing like they're identical to their counterparts. Of those 3 the Spider god is the most unique (though it doesn't help it's a prior form Spider-man had in the past), the others I couldn't tell from Hulk or Thor if my life depended on it. That's why for clones they need visual cues to show the reader they're unique characters.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i thought Ragnarok was down for the count, though

smashed in Civil War and post-Siege

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Harry if you can't tell
    Skaar_Son_of_Hulk_12%255B1%255D.jpg
    apart

well

I dunno

and that is even with McGuinness forgetting Skaar's tattoos

I mean Skaar is his son

they are going to look pretty damn similar

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    honestly, I can tell Hulk from Skaar pretty well most of the time

Skaar has long hair and usually has armor, and always has a sword

oh yeah, Skaar has tattoos

Antimatter wrote: »
    i thought Ragnarok was down for the count, though

smashed in Civil War and post-Siege
    Osborn salvaged him from Siege and kept him as the Dark Avengers 2.0's secret weapon

the benefits of being a robot in comic books

CYpGAPn.png
    uggggghhhhhh

i don't like Ragnarok

I am utterly indifferent

dude has like

no character to hate, he is just a robot that has powers roughly similar to Thor's and thinks he is Thor

Jeff Parker turned Red Hulk into one of my favorite characters so I am interested in seeing how he tackles that

CYpGAPn.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Jeff Parker turned Red Hulk into one of my favorite characters
    This.

On the Rulk front:
    1332084310.jpg
    1332084345.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I might be out on Dark Avengers unless the people from Thunderbolts show up real soon. Not interested in Skaar/whoever.

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »
    I might be out on Dark Avengers unless the people from Thunderbolts show up real soon. Not interested in Skaar/whoever.
    I really doubt the cast is just Cage, Skaar, Ai Apec and Ragnarok

I am assuming they aren't revealing the T-Bolts members due to the Time Travel plot still going on. At the panel they said DA flows directly out of Parker's plans and he loves writing books with large casts so I am sure some T-Bolts will be present at the start, if not most of the team.

CYpGAPn.png
    hrm

has A-Bomb always had a face that humanoid? I thought it was slightly more bestial

It varies from artist to artist like the Thing but he has never been totally bestial
    peek-a-boo-lex-041.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    did something happen to Aaron Stack that made him go back to the regular purple suit there? also his eyes don't look quite right.

He's been back in his old suit ever since he started becoming a supporting cast member in Rulk months ago

CYpGAPn.png
    I haven't been keeping up with Rulk since back about issue 31 because it's not available digitally for some reason

but man, why would you go back to that look?

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Ooh, is that Alpha Flight?

I love Alpha Flight

dunno why, but I do

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Captain Canada?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited March 2012
    Guardian.

Always liked his costume.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
    Yeah it's a really cool costume

it seems like a generic flag costume but then you realise it's really well put together

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    McKelvie's Ms. Marvel looks better than the regular artists work, although I would have kept he hair long because that makes me think of Carol. It doesn't interest me enough to pick it up.

Dark Avengers will have to sell me on it, they barely worked in some of the other ancillary villains before it became tepid time bandits, and I don't care for any of those Dark Avengers characters joining. I don't really want a big cast, I'd just like some direction with the current group.

• VermisVermis Registered User regular
    I

what

"photoshop art"

Not photochopped, if that's what you think I mean! But digital art. Though that's not the medium's fault, either. I'm not fond of the clunky outlines, oddly-drawn hair, beige skintones, and muddy shading in places. And picking out those makes me start to notice the slightly wonky bits of anatomy and perspective...

Just sayin'.

Nice Rulk cover, though! Takes me back to Kaare Andrews' IH covers.

I haven't seen a lot about Machine Man before he turned up in Hulk, but if you're wondering about the long-coated Gambit look, he's been sporting that too. Just not in the field.

rulksig.jpg
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I'm just wondering what Rulk and the Canadian super team are doing fighting Myans.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    Stopping the world from ending. Duh.

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Gonna knock some sense into that calendar!

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    captain-marvel-ms-marvel.jpg

this looks fucking cool

new ms. marvel except it's captain marvel now

I feel like it would be better without that underarm and zipper piping

but other than that it's a great costume

So according to Parker Dark Avengers has two main plots, one with Luke leading the new DA team plus Mach-V and Man-Thing and the other dealing with the rogue Thunderbolts team that hopefully isn't time-lost anymore and they will eventually dovetail into each other.

Also the DA's first mission has them going into the Arabian magical kingdom that Rulk tackled in Hulk of Arabia.

CYpGAPn.png
    Back on the DA wagon, wheeee.

huntresssig.jpg
    Also Luke is super pissed because pretty much the only person that is half-decent on the DA is Skaar and they attacked his home/family like just a few weeks ago and now he is leading them.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Stopping the world from ending. Duh.

Ha hah, totally!

"The mayans have predicted the end of the world in 2012 and-"

"LET'S GET THOSE GUYS!!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    He's been back in his old suit ever since he started becoming a supporting cast member in Rulk months ago

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Vermis wrote: »
    I haven't seen a lot about Machine Man before he turned up in Hulk, but if you're wondering about the long-coated Gambit look, he's been sporting that too. Just not in the field.

Better but still noooooooooooooooooooooooo.
    captain-marvel-ms-marvel.jpg

this looks fucking cool

new ms. marvel except it's captain marvel now

What's with that hair. I feel like the costume is very similar Marvelman's.

steam_sig-400.png
    the hair is apparently shoulder-length but slicked back so as to better fit in her helmet she wears sometimes

Maybe now I can talk to her cosplayers without feeling like a creep.

Oh, who am I kidding? I am a creep.

How much did you creep on Marie-Claude Bourbonnais in that latex Ms. Marvel costume at SDCC, Crimsondude?

huntresssig.jpg
    edited March 2012
    I didn't. I had 90 minutes for the whole con, and she was at the Marvel booth while I was bugging Gillen/McKelvie. I snapped a photo of her ass as I ran off to bug Chris Claremont.

There was another cosplayer who I did almost talk to because, well, as much as I was impressed by Marie-Claude's appearance in that costume I was just dismissive because ... I don't know. I didn't like her. But mostly this is because last June at the Albuquerque Comic Expo I saw a Ms. Marvel cosplayer as I was leaving Artist Alley, but she had to be half my age. So I turned my head and ran off to look at Airsoft guns in preparation for the semi-LARP at Gen Con.

Damn. I went to a lot of cons last year.

Speaking of ass, though. I did finally read Journey Into Mystery #635. I think there's a message in there that the kid who runs towards the Avengers/"Worthy" Hulk fight in Brazil fight so he can admire Carol's "insane booty" (High praise in Brazil I would imagine) gets killed by falling debris from her and Hulk beating on each other.

Crimsondude on
    Classy!

huntresssig.jpg
    You need to be a bit more specific, because that last post is just swimming in class.

The whole NYCC experience was both awesome (Meeting those three, Jason Aaron, and others) and miserable.

When I read it you just had the bit about her butt in there, so I was teasing you and saying classy about that.

huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.