Options

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Super kissin'

one of Thor's greatest powers

honestly Thor/Storm shouldn't even be a contest

Thor has all of her powers and then his godly might and invulnerability on top of that

Is this just Storm, or did she get ahold of Mjolnir? Cuz she has done that before. Haven't read this.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So Thor wouldn't consider his breath-stealing smooch stratagem against Hercules? Why so homophobic, Odinson?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Herc would probably turn it around on him.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

2ilnakz.gif

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

2ilnakz.gif

:^:

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Avengers: Children's Crusade has two 5 star reviews on Amazon right now. Huh.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So Avengers: Children's Crusade has two 5 star reviews on Amazon right now. Huh.

We need to start a Crusade of our own...for the Children, tomorrow's comic book readers, so that they will not be misled.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    wow
    that ain't right

Antimatter on
  • Options
    It's funny cauae Fear Itself is getting trashed on the site yet CC is so far getting nothing but positve reviews.

• Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm perplexed, but I'm sure someone may have enjoyed it. The kiss alone gained a lot of fan love, even if the book overall was "meh".

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    I'm not really sure how anyone could have enjoyed that series...

• Options
    There are 54 five-star reviews of Identity Crisis.

• Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Maybe CC reads differently when not spread out over two years?

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    That might be it. Waiting a couple years for a kick in the dick might not be as bad as being kicked immediately in the dick.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I didn't hate CC as much as it seems everyone on this board did. It wasn't worth the wait for sure but I don't see it as being quite the travesty some people make it out to be. The core cast (ie: the Young Avengers) were presented fairly consistently. It was all of the outside players that were grossly mischaracterized.

Also, the timing of everything was terribly confusing.

To be clear. I thought is was generally bad but not comic book cancer so please refrain from crucifying me.

• Options
    BURN THE HERETIC! :P

• Options
    Ooo, time to use my Home Stigmata kit.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Burn me I liked Identity Crisis.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Shit, comiXology is down right now and I can't get A vs. X-men 0 and New Avengers 24.1.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    just read AvX 0 from comixology (must have gotten in before it went down).
    kinda eh. Nothing crazy happens or anything, its more a "These are the 2 big characters for the series, and here's where they are at as the curtain opens."

basically 2 big fights, one starring Wanda vs. Modok. She is out of practice, and gets an assist from Ms Marvel and Spider-Woman, then she is confronted by Vision and he basically tells her to F-off and never come to the mansion again. So some of the Avengers are willing to forgive her, some aren't.

Hope's story has her single handedly defeat the Serpent Society, being overly brutal in doing so.

Honestly, with there being so much emphasis on Hope and the Phoenix over the last few years, I am sure they are going to throw a curveball out and NOT have her be the host.

• Options
    You know, I am really liking all these little elisions Bendis threw into the HAMMER War to make it match up across New and Regular Avengers without needing callouts to or even each other to make the story fit together well in BOTH series. That's really good writing.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    herojoe wrote: »

really?

why?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Arivia wrote: »
    You know, I am really liking all these little elisions Bendis threw into the HAMMER War to make it match up across New and Regular Avengers without needing callouts to or even each other to make the story fit together well in BOTH series. That's really good writing.

do you possibly mean allusions?

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Arivia wrote: »

do you possibly mean allusions?

Not really, although it would have been less confusing if I'd left it at his way of eliding things. He's omitting parts of the story but making sure they still fit together, for example how Cap escapes (which shows up in Avengers but is told in New.)

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ohh. I have actually never encountered the word "elide" before somehow, I thought you were just having a spelling crisis.

learn something new every day!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I must have missed the tie-in countdown to spelling crisis. As a stand-alone event though it held up. Classic story of two heroes clashing before realizing they where fighting for the same side, then teaming up to fight illiteracy.

• Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular

really?

why?

Good murder mystery, great art.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    just read AvX 0 from comixology (must have gotten in before it went down).
    kinda eh. Nothing crazy happens or anything, its more a "These are the 2 big characters for the series, and here's where they are at as the curtain opens."

basically 2 big fights, one starring Wanda vs. Modok. She is out of practice, and gets an assist from Ms Marvel and Spider-Woman, then she is confronted by Vision and he basically tells her to F-off and never come to the mansion again. So some of the Avengers are willing to forgive her, some aren't.

Hope's story has her single handedly defeat the Serpent Society, being overly brutal in doing so.

Honestly, with there being so much emphasis on Hope and the Phoenix over the last few years, I am sure they are going to throw a curveball out and NOT have her be the host.
    That scene at the mansion just screams HEY WAIT SEVEN MORE ISSUES FOR VISION TO COME TO WANDA'S RESCUE.

It wouldn't be a Marvel event without beat-you-over-the-head-foreshadowing.

Also, I'm sure they'll just merge Ultron (or another Avengers villain) with the Pheonix Force or something so the X-Men and Avengers can rally together by the end of the series and have nothing really change once the dust settles.

RedDelicious on
  • Options
    I need to go back and find the actual tweet, but Jeff Parker retweeted a great joke someone at-replied to him. They asked "So at the end of your first issue of Dark Avengers, will they all remove their masks and reveal themselves to be the Agents of Atlas?"

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    AvX #0 was great

I mean the Hope stuff was pretty w/ever

but the Wanda stuff?

fucking intense man

holy shit Vision you stone cold motherfucker
    They have to get back together now. It can't end between them like that. It just can't

It's too sad

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to the canon of mutant family are immune to each others powers ( The old Cyclops vs Havok thing), was thinking about that after AvX#0 , would the same allowance not make them immune to their own power?

Just a probably over-nerded thought from when
    Hope blasts Cyclops with his stolen Eye-beam power.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I imagine it's something along the lines of "The Summers are modified by Sinister and so you see ..."

• Options
    probably because somebody forgot

and that somebody

was Brian Michael Bendis

now I know what you are thinking

Brian Michael Bendis? Forgetting or even worse, not knowing a point of continuity?

madness

and yet, I posit that it is the truth

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Jason Aaron wrote the hope part though....

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    clearly my positing needs a brush up

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to the canon of mutant family are immune to each others powers ( The old Cyclops vs Havok thing), was thinking about that after AvX#0 , would the same allowance not make them immune to their own power?

Just a probably over-nerded thought from when
    Hope blasts Cyclops with his stolen Eye-beam power.

It gets forgotten about so much. Remember in Age of Apocalypse Havok killed Cyclops with his powers? I think you're right Tobes, for what it's worth.

At this point I don't know if Vision is back just to be an Ultron sleeper for that Hitch story, or if Bendis really is trying to handwave away his absence for years as his run comes to an end and just decided to have it be fixed with "Tony pushed some things around and he healed himself off panel, ta-da." Maybe it's a joke about how he killed Vision off out of nowhere, maybe he just appears again out of nowhere.

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Avengers 24.1 was all about Vision finding out about Wanda.

It was like AvX #0 #0.

It made AvX #0 look like AvX #0.1

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Avengers 24.1 wasn't nearly as good as AvX #0 though

• Options

really?

why?

Good murder mystery, great art.

but the murder mystery didn't make any sense

• Options
    You know what? Let's not argue about IC in the Avengers thread.

This discussion has been closed.