Options

[Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning] DLC on March 20th! Info in OP.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Well, my first character was a Ljosalfar(?) mage. Then I toyed around with one of the human races as a Finesse character, but that was boring just being a regular ol human, so I went with a Dark Elf JoaT :D

I was holding off on playing a Jack of all Trades cause I thought it would be boring, but It's alot of fun!

Yeah, my Jack of all Trades was great. I went for a stun-based build by stacking items with +stun chance.

I had about an 80% chance stun on the lightning bolt and Quake. And the epic gem in my armor that stunned on hit.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I'm surprised no one posted about this:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/04/amalur-teeth-of-naros-dlc-this-month-packs-a-new-city-other-g/

Another large-ish DLC coming in a couple weeks. Floating city, giant monks, sign me up.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    See. This right here.

Now if only Dragon's Dogma can get this kind of treatment post release.

I'm going to have so much new content for play through 2.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Hot damn!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    While I am glad to see there's more content on the way. I am still not very inclined to pursue either DLC or complete the game.

I think 38 did a lot right with Amalur, but I was playing the game in my usual way, trying to pack in as many side quests as I could, but after entering the 3rd large region (I did Beginning Forest -> Southern Desert -> Western Plains) every single overland encounter became trivial (grey-named). I am playing on the hardest difficulty and well, trivial enemies don't do it for me.

So until they address the poor scaling and lack of difficulty. I won't be returning to my save file.

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    They definately need to fix something about the difficulty, they should really adjust the rate of XP gain if you are outlevelling regions which haven't been tagged on yet. So, they could set it up so that you could only ever outlevel the next zone by 1-2 levels, and in every zone there would always be dangerous mobs wandering around.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I've rather they do something about the difficulty that doesn't involve turning the game into even more of a grind.

Not to mention as long as you know what you're doing level isn't too bad of a deal anyway.

• Options
    I think they've said, or at least implied, any difficulty fixes will likely come in the form of a whole new difficulty level and the current ones will be left alone. They don't want to mess over players who are fine with how things are, but allow a challenge for those who want it.

• Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    Started to play this again, having some...odd issues. The camera seems to want to do its completely own thing and rotate on its own to pointing straight down, annoyingly enough.

no idea how to fix this, any ideas?

jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    tehkensai wrote: »
    Started to play this again, having some...odd issues. The camera seems to want to do its completely own thing and rotate on its own to pointing straight down, annoyingly enough.

Did you start it with the right stick pushed off-center?

• Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »

Nah, Im on PC. Fixed it...somehow checking for an update fixed it. No idea.

jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I keep waiting for the price to drop on this game, so I can immediately buy it.

And yes, I'll bet that Amazon has it for cheap. Don't care.

jothki on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to wait for the patch before I keep playing. I'm enjoying the game, but some of the things I'm hoping the patch will fix are just annoying me.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I wonder, would an option to just halve the exp gains for everything or something help with the complaints that people are having?

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    They don't need to change the difficulty, they just need to change the way scaling works. More like Dragon Age. Keep the level restrictions as they are (or maybe tweeked slightly), they just scale to the players level until such time as the players level exceeds the area's maximum, then they are the maximum level.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular

This happens pretty often for me. If you even press any key / click a mouse button / alt-tab before Amalur gets to the menu screen, the camera nearly always ends up screwed, and only a full restart of the game can fix it.
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I'm going to wait for the patch before I keep playing. I'm enjoying the game, but some of the things I'm hoping the patch will fix are just annoying me.

Somewhat similar sentiment here. I've been playing very slowly, but running around trying to keep every zone locked at max level is seriously draining my interest. Also, I've kinda soured on the storyline - the world is just too too static. Once you're done with a zone, there's basically no reason to ever come back to it. They're still helluva beautiful though, just kinda soulless.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Enemies scale to you. No region locking. The high the enemy level the better they fight you. Had new skills and techniques across the game for enemies.

Another way to make this game hard is to equip nothing from outside the well of souls.

• Options
    Slimcea wrote: »

This happens pretty often for me. If you even press any key / click a mouse button / alt-tab before Amalur gets to the menu screen, the camera nearly always ends up screwed, and only a full restart of the game can fix it.
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Somewhat similar sentiment here. I've been playing very slowly, but running around trying to keep every zone locked at max level is seriously draining my interest. Also, I've kinda soured on the storyline - the world is just too too static. Once you're done with a zone, there's basically no reason to ever come back to it. They're still helluva beautiful though, just kinda soulless.
    Did you save the Queen of Windemere? Did you got back to House of Ballads? Returning to areas after clearing big stuff changes things.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I'm surprised no one posted about this:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/04/amalur-teeth-of-naros-dlc-this-month-packs-a-new-city-other-g/

Another large-ish DLC coming in a couple weeks. Floating city, giant monks, sign me up.

Neat!

• Options
    Jesus! I just want a full set of Azurite armor...!

Got a helm and chestplate, but I'm only finding crude gauntlets, and when I break those down, I never get mitts >:c Haven't even seen a pair of greaves yet...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

I waited and waited, hoping Steam would have a sale, but the game has annoyingly remained $60. I finally broke down and bought it (new) from a seller on Amazon for $32, which was just too good to pass up.

So I started playing a couple nights ago, going with a dark elf Sorceror. The game does feel like I'm playing a single-player MMO, but is generally enjoyable. I think my biggest annoyance so far is the camera... I can't find any way to adjust the distance, so it always seems to be focused right on the back of my character's head, which means I often can't see enemies. I guess that's why the auto-targetting is there, which I also don't much like.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Jesus! I just want a full set of Azurite armor...!

Got a helm and chestplate, but I'm only finding crude gauntlets, and when I break those down, I never get mitts >:c Haven't even seen a pair of greaves yet...

The loot started pouring in once I got to Mel Senshir. With these new areas added in maybe it will start pouring before you leave Ranthir(sp).

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    You can say what you want about this game, but the DLC they release is damn huge/awesome.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Just wait until the sequel man... our faith will sustain.

• Options
    I hope the sequel is another epic SP game! If its the MMO I wont be able to play it :(

Unless they release the MMO on consoles, I would totally buy it then.

• Options
    Sequel is another SP game.

MMO is still happening though.

• Options
    Yesssssss

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    jothki wrote: »

I'm curious as to why you are waiting for a price drop to buy the game yet you don't want to go to Amazon... (where it's 39.99). Especially considering this game was 4th best seller in February, and probably still had strong sales in March but there haven't been any numbers released just yet that I'm aware of. It's unlikely that the game is going to drop in price just yet.

Do you have something against Amazon?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    hmmm more DLC on the way? damnit. I'll make time for it.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Hmm, 38 isn't messing around with the DLC. Two very substantial DLC's within six months of launch.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I hope the map/zones in the next game are bigger. Like, big enough to justify mounts.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Hmm, 38 isn't messing around with the DLC. Two very substantial DLC's within six months of launch.

Yep. When Curt Schilling was in here, he was saying that EA called them crazy for making such large DLC.

• Options

Take note devs.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »

Take note devs.

Clearly, it is all on the discs. /Conspiracy

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular

Within TWO months. The game came out in February.

And yeah, EA told them their DLC plans were insane but they managed to pull it off.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

Take note devs.

This would be quite the impressive feat, since I don't have discs for my copy...hmmm...I smell a much deeper conspiracy here. I think the DLC was already in the air at release....38 is just sucking it out of the air and magically moving it to my machine.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

Take note devs.

Fact. Amalur is set on Rannoch. A long long time ago.

• Options
    Quarians are actually Dokkalfar!!!!

• Options

Take note devs.

Fact. Amalur is set on Rannoch. A long long time ago.

And the Fae built the Reapers?

• Options
    I actually toyed with the idea while playing this that it was a far far far prequel to ME, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't make it fit. :lol:

Regarding a sequel; has one actually been announced? Other than the MMO I mean.