As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning] DLC on March 20th! Info in OP.

145791033

Posts

  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    For some reason whenever I see the word "Tindertwig" I imagine it being said in the voice of Mr. Garrison.

  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    First, allow me to say that I am not worthy. *bends the knee*

    Second, thanks for breaking the curse. We really appreciated that. :D

    Third, the game is awesome. That said, I feel if there's ever a sequel, it needs a few changes. One would be a greater variety of enemies. Not to say that mercilessly slaughtering boggarts, trolls, and woodland creatures for 60 hours isn't curiously satisfying. :P Another change I'd casually suggest would be to implement some kind of property ownership system, a-la the Fable series. I don't use beds anymore in Amalur because I've actually begun sleeping on top of the pile of money I've accrued, as there is not very much available to spend it on. The gear I've looted has universally been superior to anything vendors have had available, and I can't spend 4 million gold on lockpicks and repair kits (not for lack of trying.) I know I'd end up with a mountain of gold at end-game regardless, but to have some kind of money-sink to serve as a distraction in the meantime would be a plus. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Triple B wrote:
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    First, allow me to say that I am not worthy. *bends the knee*

    Second, thanks for breaking the curse. We really appreciated that. :D

    Third, the game is awesome. That said, I feel if there's ever a sequel, it needs a few changes. One would be a greater variety of enemies. Not to say that mercilessly slaughtering boggarts, trolls, and woodland creatures for 60 hours isn't curiously satisfying. :P Another change I'd casually suggest would be to implement some kind of property ownership system, a-la the Fable series. I don't use beds anymore in Amalur because I've actually begun sleeping on top of the pile of money I've accrued, as there is not very much available to spend it on. The gear I've looted has universally been superior to anything vendors have had available, and I can't spend 4 million gold on lockpicks and repair kits (not for lack of trying.) I know I'd end up with a mountain of gold at end-game regardless, but to have some kind of money-sink to serve as a distraction in the meantime would be a plus. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
    Given the kind of craphole that the world was, it might have been interesting to have a township ownership type thing where you can find a plot of land, then sink lots and lots (and lots) of gold into it to make it livable/defensible, then go out and recruit/offer for people to live there and start their lives up again. Think that system appeared first back in the Breath of Fire days?

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So I'm really rather interested in this game, but am abit unsure about it. It looks really fun, almost gives me a Dungeon Siege 1 vibe (but 1 char instead of a party of course), and I have no doubts about the combat system - that looks frakkin awesome.

    So I come to you all for sage advice - worth 60$? Eh screw it, this game looks awesome and there is a demo. I'm a huge sucker for these kind of games, so I'll likely just get it. Plus you lot seem to be having fun.

    DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote:
    Triple B wrote:
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    First, allow me to say that I am not worthy. *bends the knee*

    Second, thanks for breaking the curse. We really appreciated that. :D

    Third, the game is awesome. That said, I feel if there's ever a sequel, it needs a few changes. One would be a greater variety of enemies. Not to say that mercilessly slaughtering boggarts, trolls, and woodland creatures for 60 hours isn't curiously satisfying. :P Another change I'd casually suggest would be to implement some kind of property ownership system, a-la the Fable series. I don't use beds anymore in Amalur because I've actually begun sleeping on top of the pile of money I've accrued, as there is not very much available to spend it on. The gear I've looted has universally been superior to anything vendors have had available, and I can't spend 4 million gold on lockpicks and repair kits (not for lack of trying.) I know I'd end up with a mountain of gold at end-game regardless, but to have some kind of money-sink to serve as a distraction in the meantime would be a plus. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
    Given the kind of craphole that the world was, it might have been interesting to have a township ownership type thing where you can find a plot of land, then sink lots and lots (and lots) of gold into it to make it livable/defensible, then go out and recruit/offer for people to live there and start their lives up again. Think that system appeared first back in the Breath of Fire days?

    Maybe tie some of the advanced abilities (like the top tiers of Sagecrafting, etc) into who you can recruit to come to your town?

    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote:
    Triple B wrote:
    *snip*

    Given the kind of craphole that the world was, it might have been interesting to have a township ownership type thing where you can find a plot of land, then sink lots and lots (and lots) of gold into it to make it livable/defensible, then go out and recruit/offer for people to live there and start their lives up again. Think that system appeared first back in the Breath of Fire days?

    There ya go, that's a hell of an idea. Especially with all the refugees/ragpickers/etc lying about. I could be like Donald Trump only benevolent with my mountains of money instead of an utterly detestable asshat!

    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • cmerccmerc Registered User regular
    I thought for sure New Culn was going to be a place where I could toss over huge amounts of cash and build a nice town and was so excited when I found it. But alas it wasn't to be. :(

  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    cmerc wrote:
    I thought for sure New Culn was going to be a place where I could toss over huge amounts of cash and build a nice town and was so excited when I found it. But alas it wasn't to be. :(

    Yes hello, this is also me.

  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    After playing the demo, I would already own this game if it were not $60 bucks.

    I'll give ya $40. :D

  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    So I was playing on my Rogue and switched her Trees to more Mage/Rogue type and all of a sudden I see Leather stuff drop with magic benefits.

    Does the game drop gear thats more suited to your ability tree?

    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    So, +magic damage. Is that abilities only or also the elemental damage off weapons?

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    So I was playing on my Rogue and switched her Trees to more Mage/Rogue type and all of a sudden I see Leather stuff drop with magic benefits.

    Does the game drop gear thats more suited to your ability tree?

    I've been wondering this too. I'm rolling mage/rogue as well, I seem to get less might gear aside from set quest rewards (like the House of Valor).

  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I'm Might/Finesse and I feel that most of the purples I find are one of those two.

    I think the rest of the drops are pretty random though.

  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    So has anyone found a particular neat house? Preferably with quest location/etc.

    Are you the magic man?
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Frei wrote:
    So has anyone found a particular neat house? Preferably with quest location/etc.

    There's one in the desert that's really great. It has both blacksmithing and sagecraft altars.

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    After playing the demo, I would already own this game if it were not $60 bucks.

    I'll give ya $40. :D
    Amazon will see your $40 and offer $51.

    http://www.amazon.com/Kingdoms-of-Amalur-Reckoning-Download/dp/B0064TYNMW/ref=sr_1_1_title_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1329523594&sr=1-1

    I anticipate the Steam Summer sale may have it down to that. If not then, definitely Thanksgiving/Christmas.

    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Played through the demo last night, had a lot of fun with it, definitely going to have to grab this soon.

    After playing around a bit with the different weapon types, I managed to find at least one of every type during the course of the demo, I think I'm probably going to go full Sorcery in the full version. Staves and Chakrams are just too cool.

  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    And so, after 47 hours, I have finally set foot in Rathir.
    I really liked Adessa, but I think this town is even cooler :D

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Spectrum wrote:
    Triple B wrote:
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    First, allow me to say that I am not worthy. *bends the knee*

    Second, thanks for breaking the curse. We really appreciated that. :D

    Third, the game is awesome. That said, I feel if there's ever a sequel, it needs a few changes. One would be a greater variety of enemies. Not to say that mercilessly slaughtering boggarts, trolls, and woodland creatures for 60 hours isn't curiously satisfying. :P Another change I'd casually suggest would be to implement some kind of property ownership system, a-la the Fable series. I don't use beds anymore in Amalur because I've actually begun sleeping on top of the pile of money I've accrued, as there is not very much available to spend it on. The gear I've looted has universally been superior to anything vendors have had available, and I can't spend 4 million gold on lockpicks and repair kits (not for lack of trying.) I know I'd end up with a mountain of gold at end-game regardless, but to have some kind of money-sink to serve as a distraction in the meantime would be a plus. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
    Given the kind of craphole that the world was, it might have been interesting to have a township ownership type thing where you can find a plot of land, then sink lots and lots (and lots) of gold into it to make it livable/defensible, then go out and recruit/offer for people to live there and start their lives up again. Think that system appeared first back in the Breath of Fire days?

    Town building minigames are one of my horrible vices

    I spent roughly a million hours playing Fairy Sim City in BoF3

    Maddoc on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Triple B wrote:
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    First, allow me to say that I am not worthy. *bends the knee*

    Second, thanks for breaking the curse. We really appreciated that. :D

    Third, the game is awesome. That said, I feel if there's ever a sequel, it needs a few changes. One would be a greater variety of enemies. Not to say that mercilessly slaughtering boggarts, trolls, and woodland creatures for 60 hours isn't curiously satisfying. :P Another change I'd casually suggest would be to implement some kind of property ownership system, a-la the Fable series. I don't use beds anymore in Amalur because I've actually begun sleeping on top of the pile of money I've accrued, as there is not very much available to spend it on. The gear I've looted has universally been superior to anything vendors have had available, and I can't spend 4 million gold on lockpicks and repair kits (not for lack of trying.) I know I'd end up with a mountain of gold at end-game regardless, but to have some kind of money-sink to serve as a distraction in the meantime would be a plus. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!

    If it makes you feel better, you may just be lucky? I'm only 15 so far, but the gear I've looted has been almost universally crap, and the stuff from vendors not much better. I went into the game planning on going almost entirely finesse, and have ended up a might/sorcery mix because the only half decent gear I've found are swords and chakrams. :P

    Gehrig: thanks for letting us know you guys are looking at the camera. It gets stuck under the ground again while I'm in a fight I'm going to get upset. ;-)

    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    Curt! Thank you for the game, thanks for taking a part in the gaming communities, and thank you for scoring a Gnome Run on Conan O'brien.

    V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • NabobNabob Registered User regular
    I just beat it! Very fun game, gonna go again with some sort of Finesse build. My biggest complaint is the quality of unique/set items. I don't think I ever found a set item worth wearing for a Might/Sorc build. I was wearing like 2 unique armor pieces at the end of the game and the rest green stuff. I didn't even do blacksmithing and I never once found a unique weapon that came even close to the random green/blue weapons I found or bought from vendors.

    3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Might sorc 50/50 greatsword/chakrams is fun as all hell. Stun then pummel them to death with the MIGHT stun=massive dmg passive.

    Combat is so fun.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm doing this one quest in Ayten. [No main story-line spoilers, I think]
    I was approached by this shady-looking figure and was asked to sell some of his possessions. He was obviously a thief who needed a middle-man to keep from being identified by the local merchants. He gives me silverware to sell. No, that's not suspicious at all.

    It's fine, though. I'm a seasoned traveler and I don't mind helping out a rookie.

    The blacksmith I sold the silverware to identified the owner as Ratofer, the former lord of Ayten. Funny, the guy who told me to sell the silverware was called Ratofer, though I'm pretty sure he's no longer a lord, though. He was naked and living in a tent outside of town.

    The kerchief I sold to the alchemist, who was not surprised that the lord had left Ayten "after what he did." So I thought maybe Ratofer was selling his possessions to make a quick getaway after he committed some horrible crime.

    The jeweled dagger went to the local sheriff. He told me that it was presented to Ratofer as a reward for saving Rathir from being conquered during the war.

    Huh.

    Ratofer then asked me to sell a tarnished ring to this crazy lady living on the other side of town. She knew exactly where the ring came from. She was the one who gave it to him when he left for war and she was very bitter that he was selling it back to her to pay for booze. She tells me that the war broke him.

    I've been helping Ratofer sell his mementos, the stuff that represent his life before the war.

    Then he asked me to travel to his ancestral home and steal the official papers that prove his noble lineage. He wants me to sell them, and he doesn't even care what he gets in return. He just wants them gone.

    I'm worried here. These are not the actions of a well man. He's settling accounts. I can see what's coming and I'm not sure I want to help him.

    And then I went to his camp, opened his locked chest, and stole his Fine Azurite Chakrams and Faeblades of Accuracy.

    TeaSpoon on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    TeaSpoon wrote:
    I'm doing this one quest in Ayten. [No main story-line spoilers, I think]
    I was approached by this shady-looking figure and was asked to sell some of his possessions. He was obviously a thief who needed a middle-man to keep from being identified by the local merchants. He gives me silverware to sell. No, that's not suspicious at all.

    It's fine, though. I'm a seasoned traveler and I don't mind helping out a rookie.

    The blacksmith I sold the silverware to identified the owner as Ratofer, the former lord of Ayten. Funny, the guy who told me to sell the silverware was called Ratofer, though I'm pretty sure he's no longer a lord, though. He was naked and living in a tent outside of town.

    The kerchief I sold to the alchemist, who was not surprised that the lord had left Ayten "after what he did." So I thought maybe Ratofer was selling his possessions to make a quick getaway after he committed some horrible crime.

    The jeweled dagger went to the local sheriff. He told me that it was presented to Ratofer as a reward for saving Rathir from being conquered during the war.

    Huh.

    Ratofer then asked me to sell a tarnished ring to this crazy lady living on the other side of town. She knew exactly where the ring came from. She was the one who gave it to him when he left for war and she was very bitter that he was selling it back to her to pay for booze. She tells me that the war broke him.

    I've been helping Ratofer sell his mementos, the stuff that represent his life before the war.

    Then he asked me to travel to his ancestral home and steal the official papers that prove his noble lineage. He wants me to sell them, and he doesn't even care what he gets in return. He just wants them gone.

    I'm worried here. These are not the actions of a well man. He's settling accounts. I can see what's coming and I'm not sure I want to help him.

    And then I went to his camp, opened his locked chest, and stole his Fine Azurite Chakrams and Faeblades of Accuracy.

    W...wut???
    I just gave him money for all his stuff, he went off back to the war and I sold those pieces to the people and they never told me anything about him. Only the barkeeper said "yeah he drinks a lot".
    I never got this backstory from him D: And I certainly never had to go anywhere for him either!

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Klyka wrote:
    TeaSpoon wrote:
    I'm doing this one quest in Ayten. [No main story-line spoilers, I think]
    I was approached by this shady-looking figure and was asked to sell some of his possessions. He was obviously a thief who needed a middle-man to keep from being identified by the local merchants. He gives me silverware to sell. No, that's not suspicious at all.

    It's fine, though. I'm a seasoned traveler and I don't mind helping out a rookie.

    The blacksmith I sold the silverware to identified the owner as Ratofer, the former lord of Ayten. Funny, the guy who told me to sell the silverware was called Ratofer, though I'm pretty sure he's no longer a lord, though. He was naked and living in a tent outside of town.

    The kerchief I sold to the alchemist, who was not surprised that the lord had left Ayten "after what he did." So I thought maybe Ratofer was selling his possessions to make a quick getaway after he committed some horrible crime.

    The jeweled dagger went to the local sheriff. He told me that it was presented to Ratofer as a reward for saving Rathir from being conquered during the war.

    Huh.

    Ratofer then asked me to sell a tarnished ring to this crazy lady living on the other side of town. She knew exactly where the ring came from. She was the one who gave it to him when he left for war and she was very bitter that he was selling it back to her to pay for booze. She tells me that the war broke him.

    I've been helping Ratofer sell his mementos, the stuff that represent his life before the war.

    Then he asked me to travel to his ancestral home and steal the official papers that prove his noble lineage. He wants me to sell them, and he doesn't even care what he gets in return. He just wants them gone.

    I'm worried here. These are not the actions of a well man. He's settling accounts. I can see what's coming and I'm not sure I want to help him.

    And then I went to his camp, opened his locked chest, and stole his Fine Azurite Chakrams and Faeblades of Accuracy.

    W...wut???
    I just gave him money for all his stuff, he went off back to the war and I sold those pieces to the people and they never told me anything about him. Only the barkeeper said "yeah he drinks a lot".
    I never got this backstory from him D: And I certainly never had to go anywhere for him either!

    Did you do the extra stuff he asked you to do?

    He told me that silverware would fetch more if I melted it down. I didn't do that, but I did use my awesome persuasion skills to get more money from the alchemist. I also embedded a few gems I made from cloudy shards in the dagger before I sold it and I polished the ring with acid solution.

    [EDIT] I forgot, I picked the slow route. There was an option to buy his stuff outright instead of selling them piece by piece. I'm guessing you chose that option.

    TeaSpoon on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote:
    Klyka wrote:
    TeaSpoon wrote:
    I'm doing this one quest in Ayten. [No main story-line spoilers, I think]
    I was approached by this shady-looking figure and was asked to sell some of his possessions. He was obviously a thief who needed a middle-man to keep from being identified by the local merchants. He gives me silverware to sell. No, that's not suspicious at all.

    It's fine, though. I'm a seasoned traveler and I don't mind helping out a rookie.

    The blacksmith I sold the silverware to identified the owner as Ratofer, the former lord of Ayten. Funny, the guy who told me to sell the silverware was called Ratofer, though I'm pretty sure he's no longer a lord, though. He was naked and living in a tent outside of town.

    The kerchief I sold to the alchemist, who was not surprised that the lord had left Ayten "after what he did." So I thought maybe Ratofer was selling his possessions to make a quick getaway after he committed some horrible crime.

    The jeweled dagger went to the local sheriff. He told me that it was presented to Ratofer as a reward for saving Rathir from being conquered during the war.

    Huh.

    Ratofer then asked me to sell a tarnished ring to this crazy lady living on the other side of town. She knew exactly where the ring came from. She was the one who gave it to him when he left for war and she was very bitter that he was selling it back to her to pay for booze. She tells me that the war broke him.

    I've been helping Ratofer sell his mementos, the stuff that represent his life before the war.

    Then he asked me to travel to his ancestral home and steal the official papers that prove his noble lineage. He wants me to sell them, and he doesn't even care what he gets in return. He just wants them gone.

    I'm worried here. These are not the actions of a well man. He's settling accounts. I can see what's coming and I'm not sure I want to help him.

    And then I went to his camp, opened his locked chest, and stole his Fine Azurite Chakrams and Faeblades of Accuracy.

    W...wut???
    I just gave him money for all his stuff, he went off back to the war and I sold those pieces to the people and they never told me anything about him. Only the barkeeper said "yeah he drinks a lot".
    I never got this backstory from him D: And I certainly never had to go anywhere for him either!

    Did you do the extra stuff he asked you to do?

    He told me that silverware would fetch more if I melted it down. I didn't do that, but I did use my awesome persuasion skills to get more money from the alchemist. I also embedded a few gems I made from cloudy shards in the dagger before I sold it and I polished the ring with acid solution.

    No he didn't ask me anything. Basically, I went up to him for his quest, he told me I should sell this stuff. i could either sell it one by one or just all in a bulk.
    So I went "ok here, let me take all that off of you", he was super happy and left. I then sold his stuff to the townspeople and that was it, quest done.

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    [/quote]

    No he didn't ask me anything. Basically, I went up to him for his quest, he told me I should sell this stuff. i could either sell it one by one or just all in a bulk.
    So I went "ok here, let me take all that off of you", he was super happy and left. I then sold his stuff to the townspeople and that was it, quest done.[/quote]

    You chose...poorly.

  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    You missed out. At least you're not faced with a moral dilemma, so you've got that going for you.

    Maybe I can persuade him to get back together with his old girlfriend, who is also homeless and living on the exact opposite side of town. Or at least convince him not to do anything drastic.

  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    That's pretty crazy that a sidequest can go so completely different.
    I love it!

    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.

    I love the game, but I find the difficulty on hard is about what I would consider "normal" to be honest. I think that if you guys are considering upping the difficulty, this would be best done in a self contained area like in the planned DLC that you guys are doing. This allows a few things:

    1) To make less quests, but more focused ones that have greater depth to them. A deep quest, with well built up plot points and that considers what happens if a player skips pieces would be fantastic. Some of the quests in the game have some interesting consequences, like the Duel in Rathir (if you solve it a certain way in particular).

    2) Difficulty should be achieved by adding a new difficulty to the game: Hardcore (or something). On this setting, potions have a universal cooldown (preventing you from just spamming them like now), enemies are much more aggressive and the level scaling always puts itself to the highest level whenever it can.

    3) I also think the big part of the problem with difficulty is enemy design. Give us some enemies that can block, can parry attacks and generally have more abilities. Rogues that use a power similar to throwing out all the mines that a high tier finesse character can would be really interesting. Enemies just need to do more than they do now, making strategies more important and learning what attacks they have imperitive. Some more variety in enemies would be fantastic as well.

    Other than that, I really love the game and think it's terrific. The combat system is really great and if there was some more depth to quests, combined with enemies that really require you to use that combat system well to survive.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    Triple B wrote:
    gehrig38 wrote:
    Glad to see you guys enjoying this, and some folks working on replaying.
    We are hearing you, camera, difficulty, all that, and working where we can to create the perfect player experience.
    Fascinating to read the variances in feedback on things like art, combat, dialogue and questing. To some it's deep, rich, awesome, to others it was totally uneventful.
    FWIW on my PC playthru I think I just hit 13 last night, heading to meet up with Alyn Shir again, as well as nearing the end of the house of ballads line.
    Full sorcery build....Loving my Chakrams.

    First, allow me to say that I am not worthy. *bends the knee*

    Second, thanks for breaking the curse. We really appreciated that. :D

    Third, the game is awesome. That said, I feel if there's ever a sequel, it needs a few changes. One would be a greater variety of enemies. Not to say that mercilessly slaughtering boggarts, trolls, and woodland creatures for 60 hours isn't curiously satisfying. :P Another change I'd casually suggest would be to implement some kind of property ownership system, a-la the Fable series. I don't use beds anymore in Amalur because I've actually begun sleeping on top of the pile of money I've accrued, as there is not very much available to spend it on. The gear I've looted has universally been superior to anything vendors have had available, and I can't spend 4 million gold on lockpicks and repair kits (not for lack of trying.) I know I'd end up with a mountain of gold at end-game regardless, but to have some kind of money-sink to serve as a distraction in the meantime would be a plus. Just a thought. Keep up the good work!
    Given the kind of craphole that the world was, it might have been interesting to have a township ownership type thing where you can find a plot of land, then sink lots and lots (and lots) of gold into it to make it livable/defensible, then go out and recruit/offer for people to live there and start their lives up again. Think that system appeared first back in the Breath of Fire days?

    Town building minigames are one of my horrible vices

    I spent roughly a million hours playing Fairy Sim City in BoF3
    Yeah, that's one way to do it. The way I was referring to is more the BoF2 way of "oh my god there are so many people but my town can only fit so many".

    At minimum there's also the Neverwinter Nights 2 way.
    TeaSpoon wrote:
    You missed out. At least you're not faced with a moral dilemma, so you've got that going for you.

    Maybe I can persuade him to get back together with his old girlfriend, who is also homeless and living on the exact opposite side of town. Or at least convince him not to do anything drastic.
    Keep playing.

    For such a relatively trivial sidequest, yeah I liked it alot.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    In an unrelated note, for the quest involving the contract in Rathir and the wine...just how many bottles can you actually give that guy? I had 4 on me to start with and he already didn't sound so good when I was negotiating. There's like 6 or 7 more in Upper Rathir that I didn't even pick up.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I didn't even realize you could give him multiple bottles. Now unfortunately, I'm stuck wth around 8 of them in my inventory and no idea what to do with them.

    Also a town building minigame/gold sink would be fantastic. I now have FIVE MILLION gold. I honestly am lost as to what I'm going to do with it and I've still not finished all the desert area. By the end of the game I might have ten million or more gold D:

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Anyone else using hammers? I don't feel devastating enough with them, like im sacrificing speed for not enough crushing. They seem to pair poorly with scepters.

    Where can I respec?

    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Any fateweaver will allow you to respec if you want to.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    honestly if you feel you are not doing enough damage with hammers you have not been blacksmithing with your hammers... I stopped blacksmithing for a while because of that. I was killing everything.

    steam_sig.png
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Anyone else using hammers? I don't feel devastating enough with them, like im sacrificing speed for not enough crushing. They seem to pair poorly with scepters.

    Where can I respec?
    Hammers are pretty trash at crowd control, but once you get high enough to pick up the increased damage to stunned enemies and the ability to ignore stagger, they can absolutely destroy.

    They are, however, not great with Scepters. If you're Might/Sorcery, pick Chakrams instead. Get a leveled Storm Bolt for the stun as well.

    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    The problem with hammers as compared to greatswords is that every attack seems so slow and leaves you open to attack from other enemies. Greatswords may do less damage, but they seem to have better AoE control.

    Also, hammers look damn ridiculously oversized on female characters. Greatswords look just nice!

    steam_sig.png
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I just got to Meteor.

    Oh my god.

Sign In or Register to comment.