As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning] DLC on March 20th! Info in OP.

• gehrig38gehrig38 Registered User regular
    You can keep on playing, and DLC is going to be incoming.

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    gehrig38 wrote:

Curt, you got any delicious tidbits you can share regarding the DLC with us?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Sweet! Sounds like fun to me, I think I'm in for a real treat with this series. Let the good times roll!

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    gehrig38 wrote:

Up the difficulty. Give in to the dark side!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    During the stream event, they mentioned it would be around 10 hours of content and feature new lands and enemies. I wonder if the large, missing area in the bottom left corner of the map will be where the DLC takes place.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote:
    During the stream event, they mentioned it would be around 10 hours of content and feature new lands and enemies. I wonder if the large, missing area in the bottom left corner of the map will be where the DLC takes place.

There's lots of talk of places across the sea too. Not sure if that meant Winter Fae areas or a whole new place we haven't seen. Regardless of what it is, I'm excited for it.

• gehrig38gehrig38 Registered User regular
    You guys didn't see the leaked DLC videos did ya? If you had you'd likely have gotten a good idea where at least one is:)

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    There are leaked videos!?

Personally, I hope for a DLC with pirates in it. Because you can never have enough pirates. Also a big gold sink quest like building a island town/fortress or something else. I now have 5.4 million gold - I needs me something to spend it on. Otherwise I will donate it to the orphans.

Then set them on fire.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote:
    There are leaked videos!?

Personally, I hope for a DLC with pirates in it. Because you can never have enough pirates. Also a big gold sink quest like building a island town/fortress or something else. I now have 5.4 million gold - I needs me something to spend it on. Otherwise I will donate it to the orphans.

Then set them on fire.
    Right, let's combine the two! An island town/fortress that you can build up that is also being raided by pirates.

And you can also hire/construct a ship/fleet to find the pirates' base and raid them

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    62 hours played, reached level 35, just arrived at the other continent. Finally managed to get myself a full set of Dreadscale armor :)

Behold my shinies!
    Reckoning2012-02-1911-59-52-64.jpg
    Reckoning2012-02-1911-59-44-87.jpg
    Reckoning2012-02-1911-59-43-07.jpg
    Reckoning2012-02-1911-59-41-27.jpg
    Reckoning2012-02-1911-59-37-87.jpg

Still lovin stealth killing big dudes and laying waste to little dudes with clustermines and my bow.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    final boss spoilers and whining:

- holy FUCK that dragon is huge

- holy FUCK did they not do anything with that concept. once I saw my reckoning bar get drained and saw the fate spirit get summoned, I was like "yup, this is really happening, the entire fight is me using the feature I've been using the whole game to avoid actually playing it to avoid the final boss fight having any impact at all. god. fucking. damnit."

welp, time to start a finesse character and hope to god the game is harder on second runthrough/when I'm not bulling through everything with relentless assault. if that difficulty patch is actually a thing that is happening, I guess waiting for that might be best.

It really speaks for a game that even when I fight enemies who can't really damage me, I have a smile on my face at the end of the fight cause of the cool stuff I did.

I hope we get more RPGs like this, I would really really love that.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hit my first bug: the House of Sorrows just locked me out. So the quest says I need to talk to someone that's behind a barred door. So no House of Sorrows for me it appears :(

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    edited February 2012
    My game has apparently decided to hand out high level purple items like candy, all of which I can use. In the span of an hour I've found incredible daggers, faeblades, a bow and a rapier. Now I have no idea what weapons to use. I was happy with my crafted longsword, but a rapier! But then those faeblades have a huge critical hit chance and damage! First world problems, everybody.

Dashui on
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I just saw Curt Schilling talking to Alex Witt on MSNBC promoting Kingdoms of Amalur. It was the most surreal thing.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Klyka wrote:
    It really speaks for a game that even when I fight enemies who can't really damage me, I have a smile on my face at the end of the fight cause of the cool stuff I did.

I hope we get more RPGs like this, I would really really love that.

lol... I feel the exact opposite way. :P

Will there be a difficulty patch on the consoles too? Or at the least something to slow down how fast you level? I got like 7k XP for a quest that basically just entailed exploring a whole town. About 70 hours in and I'm level 29, but I've done more stealth than hack-and-slash.

While the majority of them have been p good... a few quest chains end in a pretty meh way too.
    The House of Ballads and the Whitestone history one, I think are the ones that bothered me the most. Unless there is more after giving the letter that implicates the Traveler chick to her so she can destroy it. Because it seems like that's all there is to it. Does it pick up in another location?

And while I've exercised restraint, it really feels like crafting is the easiest way to break this game.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I usually never fight underleveled enemies cause there mostly are none for me.
    I'm just saying that even after I fought enemies who can't even scratch me, I still had fun cause my dude is so awesome to play as.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    Finally found some more interesting looking weapons.

----

Ferox.png

Yep, still working for Chaos. o_O

Bastion.png

For whatever reason, this sword looks vaguely keyblade-ish to me.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Oh, I didn't think you were. It's just not my cup of tea, being awesome AND being at risk is my thing. :p

Do the mage destinies allow you to float around like NPC mages in combat?

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Just got the last one and NO.

Also just crossed the ocean at 66 hours played.

edited February 2012
    Dammit, game, give me my set items. I keep finding one piece of an awesome new set, but never the full thing. Are most of them random loot drops? I really want to find the full Magnon set.

If they are random drops, I hope they'll introduce New Game+ with a harder difficulty option.

Dashui on
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I've put like 55 hours in over the course of three re-rolls.

Have barely touched any content in this game.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Hey what ability is it that does this like series of knife attacks and then shoots them with a bow? -nm I see, it's a kind of custom combo. Very cool!

Dashui wrote:
    Dammit, game, give me my set items. I keep finding one piece of an awesome new set, but never the full thing. Are most of them random loot drops? I really want to find the full Magnon set.

If they are random drops, I hope they'll introduce New Game+ with a harder difficulty option.

Yeah me too! That and / or some DLC that adds a super hard area with kickass loot and bosses or something.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    edited February 2012
    Somewhat random, so I've seen. If I ever complete a set, I'll post screenshots. I'm one piece away from a couple like Lyria's.

If you want to raise the chance you'll see a set from a given level range, you can run around to a whole bunch of different zones and set them to that level range, then you can come back later and hit all those chests.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    NPC's get to use spears. I want to use spears too... like badly. Have there been any games since Diablo 2 that allowed the player to weild spears?

i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • MukkMukk Registered User regular
    Jedi_Boi wrote:
    NPC's get to use spears. I want to use spears too... like badly. Have there been any games since Diablo 2 that allowed the player to weild spears?

Baldur's Gate 2.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    you can break down gear and get PURPLE compnents? REALLY?!?!?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

screenshot2012021920063.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    These faeblades are pretty cool-looking.

ScreenShot_2012_02_1911_34_55.jpg

ScreenShot_2012_02_1911_29_12.jpg

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    edited February 2012
    Aye, I have those too.

Edit: I think the option to drop quests would be great too. Stupid gnomes.

tastydonuts on
    mojojoeo wrote:
    you can break down gear and get PURPLE compnents? REALLY?!?!?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

screenshot2012021920063.jpg

No, that's a quest craft/item.

---

I would have loved to have polearms available, but a giant hammer is fine I guess. Also wouldn't have minded a dueling sword/rapier/saber, but the niche overlaps too much with regular long sword in all likelihood.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote:
    mojojoeo wrote:

snip

No, that's a quest craft/item.

---

I would have loved to have polearms available, but a giant hammer is fine I guess. Also wouldn't have minded a dueling sword/rapier/saber, but the niche overlaps too much with regular long sword in all likelihood.

ohhhhhhhhhhh. carry on....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Aye, also be careful with crafting those. Some quest-related crafted items cannot be sold or stashed... So you'll have them in your inventory forever, or until they patch that. It's a known bug.

Really important to note too if you're doing the Ballads quest line...
    If you equip/unequip items (the ballads armor set) that you get for the last quest before completing the quest, you can't sell them or store them. I had to repeat the quest just to get them out of my inventory.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Aye, also be careful with crafting those. Some quest-related crafted items cannot be sold or stashed... So you'll have them in your inventory forever, or until they patch that. It's a known bug.

If you equip/unequip items (the ballads armor set) that you get for the last quest before completing the quest, you can't sell them or store them. I had to repeat the quest just to get them out of my inventory.
    Everyone keeps saying this about the Ballad's gear, I did not have that problem. I had the set on for a second when I got it to get into that area, then I took it off before I fought the guy and raised the magic bridge. Went in my stash just fine afterwards.

Blendtec wrote:

Everyone keeps saying this about the Ballad's gear, I did not have that problem. I had the set on for a second when I got it to get into that area, then I took it off before I fought the guy and raised the magic bridge. Went in my stash just fine afterwards.
    idk, it wouldn't let me do it the first go. When I researched it, and did that I could. However, even now if I take them out of the stash, I can't put them back in. So, I dunno.

It's not the end of the world, and most of the other items that are stuck don't seem to count against my inventory limit, but it's just something to watch out for.

• AibynAibyn Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ok, so I am not sure if this has been asked before, tried to search for it but came up empty.

So when I loot a thing and a weapon comes up that I think may be good, I compare it to what I have. The next screen that pops up is the new weapon in a pane to the left, and my two currently equipped weapons on the right. The thing is that my Secondary weapon pane is over my Primary one so I cannot see the Primary's stats. Is there a way to switch which pane is on top so that I can see my Primary weapon stats?

I am currently using a game controller.

I tried to search on the Internet to no avail and there is no manual, at least not with the Steam version.

Thanks!

Aibyn on
    "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..."

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)
    11737_c4020a74dc025a53.png
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    It would be really nice if skill trainers I've already used would have their trainer icon disappear from the map.

steam_sig.png
  • BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    Aibyn wrote:
    Ok, so I am not sure if this has been asked before, tried to search for it but came up empty.

So when I loot a thing and a weapon comes up that I think may be good, I compare it to what I have. The next screen that pops up is the new weapon in a pane to the left, and my two currently equipped weapons on the right. The thing is that my Secondary weapon pane is over my Primary one so I cannot see the Primary's stats. Is there a way to switch which pane is on top so that I can see my Primary weapon stats?

I am currently using a game controller.

I tried to search on the Internet to no avail and there is no manual, at least not with the Steam version.

Thanks!

The panes are supposed to be side by side, not overlapping, fyi. Never run into this issue, no idea how to fix it.

steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
    Anyone know where the Stash is in Rathir or is there really is one? Mouseover on the world map indicates there is, but I've cleared most of the quests so far and haven't found it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote:
    Anyone know where the Stash is in Rathir or is there really is one? Mouseover on the world map indicates there is, but I've cleared most of the quests so far and haven't found it.
    It's the free house you're given as soon as you enter Rathir.

Dashui wrote:
    Spectrum wrote:
    It's the free house you're given as soon as you enter Rathir.
    ...you get a free house? Are you you're not thinking of Adessa?

XNnw6Gk.jpg