As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trenches comic: Thursday February 16, 2012 - Denouement

2»

• Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Maybe that's what's up with Isaac being a dick. He just wants attention!

• Options
    runwiledrunwiled Registered User regular
    Aurich wrote:
    Maybe that's what's up with Isaac being a dick. He just wants attention!

His three daddies never loved him!

mpmdoodsig.jpg
  • Options
    NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    Yeah the Trenches needs its own brand. Posting news about it on the Penny Arcade site is a bit weak. I mean I'm sure 99% of readers also read PA at the moment, but that might not be true in future.

• Options
    Ori KleinOri Klein Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Then he got married, then he had a kid...
    Fred's a swell guy. But being under circumstances allowing to regularly update a comic simply seems to not be his lot in life.
    Greg Dean is going down a somewhat similar path now, although there's a large gap still in their schedule consistency until a parallel may be validly drawn.
    I wish them both well and I envy them for finding their true mates and founding families with.
    I told you we’re turning Penny Arcade into a British costume drama, right?

-Gabe out
    I'd honestly like to see how you'd handle that, even as an experimental strip. Might be the beginning of something truly brilliant, if Jerry can step up to the plate.

• Options
    AshokaAshoka A Hub subforum that works? Registered User regular
    Ori Klein wrote:
    I told you we’re turning Penny Arcade into a British costume drama, right?

-Gabe out
    I'd honestly like to see how you'd handle that, even as an experimental strip. Might be the beginning of something truly brilliant, if Jerry can step up to the plate.

They've already done one halfway there.

WNskB.jpg
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Not sure if it was intended, but that looks a lot like the SW:ToR forums. And I mean the bitching, not just the color scheme/layout.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote:
    Not sure if it was intended, but that looks a lot like the SW:ToR forums. And I mean the bitching, not just the color scheme/layout.
    If you're just going by the bitching, then it looks like the official forums for most games.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Ashoka wrote:
    Space is the bit you have to stop all the other bits from bumping into each other. That's important. Exploration of space, well, that spawns all sorts of highly useful and lucrative technologies. It's almost as good as war in that respect.
    So what you're saying is we should go to war with space.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    forty wrote:
    Ashoka wrote:
    Space is the bit you have to stop all the other bits from bumping into each other. That's important. Exploration of space, well, that spawns all sorts of highly useful and lucrative technologies. It's almost as good as war in that respect.
    So what you're saying is we should go to war with space.
    It's a pain, though. Everything you shoot at it just passes straight through.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    That New Readers menu link really is orphaned...

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Ashoka wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:
    They really haven't told us anything or talked about Trenches much at all since its launch.

This.

jwalk wrote:
    what do you need space for anyway? it's all empty and cold and dumb!

but it's not nearly as profitable as war, that's why we have to get rid of it, like the EPA and Planned Parenthood.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Planned Parenthood is actually pretty profitable, considering its a non-profit.

Also not a government agency, so putting it in a discussion of stuff like NASA is sort of apples and oranges.

The sad thing is that the amount of money saved by gutting the space program is only a tiny fraction of the national budget/debt.

But this is hellaciously off-topic.

• Options
    NylonathetepNylonathetep Registered User regular
    Anyone figured out which Multi-Player Golf Game this story was about?

714353-1.png