As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• Options
    alexanderswangalexanderswang Registered User regular
    BTA information has been added, hoping it will help.

There is always a way.
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Frem wrote: »
    oh man, these indie gala guys are desperate to move up their number counter.
    when you buy a bundle as a gift, they're giving you up to 3 extra gift bundles.

I think the problem with their bundle, at least for me. Is that every one of those games has already been in the humble indie bundle, which means a lot of people (like me) already have all of them.

Actually, none of them have.

Well I ahve all of them, and I didn't buy any of them on steam, nor was I gifted them. So they came from some bundle, maybe not humle then. (There are so many they blur together.) but I generally dont buy many indie games outside of a bundle.

You must have got them some way because none of them have been in any bundles before. You can check the list of all bundle games in the OP.

The problem with Indie Gala in my opinion, was the 3 tier system together with them being a less well known bundle when compared to HIB and IR. They also aimed too high with 50k bundles and now they keep throwing "promos" and showing desperate. That image doesn't help either.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Sum,
    Edit 2: Read more carefully I think I'm mixing up this with a Steam user forum post where someone was making the exact same comment about IFK. So I'm retracting this.

Edit: Changed most to 2, as I actually only think 2 have been but could be more.

striderjg on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alpha Collection #1 is over.

There is always a way.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Some games of Indie Face Kick have been unofficially confirmed...

PS: Another Steam focused indie bundle is coming up! Bundle in a Box http://www.kyttarogames.com/?page_id=16

alexanderswang on
    There is always a way.
  • Options
    Some games of Indie Face Kick have been unofficially confirmed...

PS: Another Steam focused indie bundle is coming up! Bundle in a Box http://www.kyttarogames.com/?page_id=16

The Face Kick bundle is looking good. And so many games too... will it be tiered?

As for Bundle in a Box, from the article's image it's safe to bet it will include Ben There, Dan That and Time Gentlemen, Please.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Pretty excited for Face Kick. Although most indie bundles are, its an hour 1 purchase for me.

Twitter leads me to believe that Bundle in a Box will not be for steam. (Reply saying that all games will be DRM free). Anyone have anything to dispute that? Unless they will load onto Desura, I probably wont be picking up any non-steam bundles. Too many tiny things to keep track of.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    apparently the be mine bundle reached its final sales goal.
    all orders now have either post apocalyptic mayhem or the trial version of a fish screensaver added to them at random

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
  • Options
    I got Pam as well. I figured that the virtual aquarium was a joke, but it seems that people are actually getting it.

Wow, way to piss off half your supporters. I know it's supposed to be just something fun to add to it, but damn. Some people get a legitimate, if not the best, game and others get an almost troll-level surprise of an interactive screen saver?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    PAM's score on Metacritic is 44 and it's only that high because "GamingXP" gave it a generous 55. I think you'd be better off with the aquarium.

• Options
    Splitting is still kind of a dick move, even if the base bundle is a goddamn steal. Also it seems people got so pissed off at them they lost 15k, since it's down to 60k total now and the unlocks were at 75.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    If they reach the 75k I believe they will still offer both PAM and the Aquarium. But I doubt it will happen before the time runs out.
    What they did was offer 1 of the 2 randomly to everyone as an incentive before the goal, nothing wrong with that. Anyone is free to buy extra copies until they get PAM (or the screensaver).
    I got the screensaver btw... I'll get PAM in the Face Kick bundle anyway. But an extra copy would've been nice for gifting.

Ok, here's the deal... we wanted to do something fun so we added a random extra incentive for new purchases. We had a glitch as everyone was getting both. To be fair to all, including those who purchased previously, everyone gets one randomly determined extra, either PAM or Dream Aquarium. If you previously purchased and don't see yet, give the system a bit of time. You WILL get your extra surprise. And if you buy again, you'll get another chance to score whichever you didn't get the first time. Please keep in mind, we've added this to make it fun for our users. Ain't easy to do these things on the fly, the deal is pretty damn sweet already, we're trying to support our devs, the gaming community and charity too... so please try and enjoy despite our imperfections. And we thank you!

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oh that's cool then, thought people got mad and chargebacked silly me. :rotate:

• Options
    Any updates on upcoming bundle releases? ~A week until St Patricks Day Bundle from IR and it seems like they usually come in bunches, much to their detriment.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Any updates on upcoming bundle releases? ~A week until St Patricks Day Bundle from IR and it seems like they usually come in bunches, much to their detriment.

Actually, the name St. Patrick's Day Bundle is the only information we have now about the next Indie Royale Bundle. I will update the thread as soon as more information is revealed.

There is always a way.
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    After being inundated for months with indie bundles, the last few weeks have seemed empty.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Well, Indie Gala is still going. That is if you consider their desperate attempts to sell more copies and not having a time limit. At least their "happy hour" ended... just to be brought back again a few hours later. And they already announced they are working on the 3rd bundle.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Yeah, trying to sell out all 50 thousand 'copies' is not realistic at all; even the more popular Indie Royale can only sell 25 thousand-ish copies.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I have to be honest. Most of these other bundles popping up seem lame to me, like a fish screensaver? Are you kidding me? IR is decent sometimes, but I don't think it'll ever get better than HIB.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    I have to be honest. Most of these other bundles popping up seem lame to me, like a fish screensaver? Are you kidding me? IR is decent sometimes, but I don't think it'll ever get better than HIB.

The base BeMine bundle wasn't bad at all. The screensaver was a bit lame but it was just one of the bonus they threw in there.
    But I agree that the HIB and IR have been the most consistent and most professional along the way. But in the end, it all comes down to the games.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Postal for everyone! Or something. Email from indieGala dating they're giving it away to everyone who bought their second bundle. I don't even remember what the bundle contained.

• Options
    Not enough to make me want the bundle. I kinda feel sorry for those guys. I got there first one as it appealed to me, this one doesn't and it feels like they are trying so hard. Lol.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    New indie royale deets:
    You can now semi-blind pre-order Indie Royale's St. Patrick’s Day Bundle at a recommended €/£/$10 or €/£/$5 USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.

The Bundle is headlined by an explosive FPS with a future-leaning setting, available on Windows as a Steam key, Desura key and DRM-free download. Next up the flagpole is a jaunty Windows and Mac adventure game, available on Steam, DRM-free, and on Desura, arrr. Also featured - a brainy Steam-enabled Windows and Mac title 'dispensing' RTS action. Rounding out the bundle is an Indie Royale exclusive Windows/Mac debut (DRM-free and Desura) for an acclaimed satirical platformer, plus a bonus DRM-free Windows RPG overhead shooter from the same creator.

Those who pre-order the St. Patrick's Day Bundle receive a retro bonus: the NES-inspired 15-track album O.S.T from Daniel Capo, available in FLAC and MP3 file formats. Those who pay over the minimum while the bundle is live will also receive the bonus.

The St. Patrick's Day Bundle will launch fully later this week at $3.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time.

Also someone in steam thread, @Corpekata , said that a new HiB was found in the registry.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    New indie royale deets:
    You can now semi-blind pre-order Indie Royale's St. Patrick’s Day Bundle at a recommended €/£/$10 or €/£/$5 USD contribution, and a minimum of $3.99 USD.

The Bundle is headlined by an explosive FPS with a future-leaning setting, available on Windows as a Steam key, Desura key and DRM-free download. Next up the flagpole is a jaunty Windows and Mac adventure game, available on Steam, DRM-free, and on Desura, arrr. Also featured - a brainy Steam-enabled Windows and Mac title 'dispensing' RTS action. Rounding out the bundle is an Indie Royale exclusive Windows/Mac debut (DRM-free and Desura) for an acclaimed satirical platformer, plus a bonus DRM-free Windows RPG overhead shooter from the same creator.

Those who pre-order the St. Patrick's Day Bundle receive a retro bonus: the NES-inspired 15-track album O.S.T from Daniel Capo, available in FLAC and MP3 file formats. Those who pay over the minimum while the bundle is live will also receive the bonus.

The St. Patrick's Day Bundle will launch fully later this week at $3.99 USD and up - watch our Twitter feed or Facebook page for immediate notice at launch time.

Also someone in steam thread, @Corpekata , said that a new HiB was found in the registry.

Thx for the info. This March is going to be the month of indie bundles, god!

Indie Royale, Indie Face Kick, Indie Gala 2&3 and Humble Indie Bundle #6......

There is always a way.
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say two of those games are Jolly Rover and Vertex Dispenser.

• Options
    IFK is up for preorder, but maybe read this and then make your choice http://www.backlogjourney.com/2012/03/face-kicking-follow-up.html

http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/#tw preorder link.

I preordered before I read that article, but the game dev's supporting the bundle makes me think its legit.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the links. I'm not so sure I will be buying that bundle now. The bundle seems legit but the people running it raised too many red flags and seem a bit shady. Also none of the games really appeal to me and $8 is still a bit.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    $8 is indeed a bit.. what's more from what I understand, that's the preorder price. Once it comes out of preorder, it's $10 actually.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ya, I sorta feel the same. Gonna pass. Also with all the other bundles slated for release I'm gonna save the $8 dollars for them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Information about business operators of these bundles has been added.

PS: Still need more information...

There is always a way.
  • Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Looks like the Game Music Bundle was partly the work of this guy.
    BAFTA-nominated video game composer, FL Studio Power User, co-creator of http://gamemusicbundle.com. I also love chipmusic! Also, I'm Sam Hulick in disguise.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Non Steam Bundle popped up. Called Indie Underdog bundle. 5 fairly unknown titles (though I've heard of Koya Rift)

Tiers of purchase are 5 dollars for the basic games, and going up you can get preorders of the devs involved's next games as well. The games that are getting made seem semi interesting (including a roguelike).

http://8bitfunding.com/project_details.php?p_id=311

Corpekata on
  • Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    Indie Royale is up. Worth it for Hard Reset alone.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Indie Royale is live.

Hard Reset
    Jolly Roger
    Vertex Dispenser
    DLC Quest (desura)
    Lair of the Evil Doer (desura)

must refresh page before maekpoast

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Well if you don't already owe Hard Reset, the bundle is an AMAZING deal. You really should grab it. And if you already do owe Hard Reset, just grab the bundle again for a key to giveaway :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Non Steam Bundle popped up. Called Indie Underdog bundle. 5 fairly unknown titles (though I've heard of Koya Rift)

Tiers of purchase are 5 dollars for the basic games, and going up you can get preorders of the devs involved's next games as well. The games that are getting made seem semi interesting (including a roguelike).

http://8bitfunding.com/project_details.php?p_id=311

I bought Koya Rift not long ago on Desura. It's a fun action game with some interesting ideas. Nice use of scaling difficulty and procedural generation of levels.

• Options
    Just saw somewhere that Sol Survivor will be also available for the next Groupees bundle, so for those of you getting the Indie Facekick Bundle just for it, just hold your horses.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Played DLC Quest demo on XBLIG, and am picking up the St Patricks Day bundle just for that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Good time to buy Indie Royale if you don't have much to spare. Price is pretty much as low as it can get at the moment.

camo_sig2.png