Options

whatcha got on you

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    i just 100% do not get clamshell packaging and those weird plastic zipline thingies

do shoplifters spend time removing items from their packaging before walking out of the store with them?

well I used to, but now....

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    i just 100% do not get clamshell packaging and those weird plastic zipline thingies

do shoplifters spend time removing items from their packaging before walking out of the store with them?

sometimes the magnetic security alarm thingies are inside the packaging

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    holy fuck that catbag holy fuuuuck

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Wallet, keys, phone. Keys and phone in one pocket, wallet in the other. Keeps things balanced.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    oh, I forgot I keep two lighters

one is a bog-standard bic lighter that I carry to lend or lose, the other is a slightly fancier kind that you only need to depress the button to light it, for those occasions when I am too cold or drunk to be able to use the regular one

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    Bedigunz wrote:
    I also carry a deck of cards in my pocket and another deck in my coat pocket.

You never know when you'll need to whip out a magic trick for Jay Cutler at a bar (he's a dick)

What are you, Gambit?

mon'cher

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    zig-zag%20white%20Canada%20new%20spine.jpg

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    wallet, iphone 3gs, ear buds, keys

i want to work a handkerchief, pocket knife/tool, and notepad/pen into the mix, plus a business card holder when i have business cards to hold

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Arang wrote:
    oh, I forgot I keep two lighters

one is a bog-standard bic lighter that I carry to lend or lose, the other is a slightly fancier kind that you only need to depress the button to light it, for those occasions when I am too cold or drunk to be able to use the regular one

it bears mention I don't smoke or go camping or do really anything where I would need even one lighter

fire is beautiful

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    I thought about getting a messenger bag a few times, because I think they're kinda spiffy. But then I realized that I just don't have a need to carry enough stuff around with me that would warrant a bag.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    97qxcj.jpg

here's my haul in a usual day: timbuk2 messenger bag

inside the bag: ipad, check book, little prince moleskine notebook, sewing kit, purell, wipe for my glasses, extra pack of cigs, bluetooth headphones, napkins

in my pockets: wallet, handkerchief, cigs, a zippo

also took this with my iphone, which i never leave home without

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Left Wrist - My watch which sets itself to the atomic clock time every night (OH so nerdy.)
    Right pocket - Pocketknife, Burts Bees chapstick, Wallet. I could REALLY use a new wallet.
    Back pockets - nothing! (wallet used to be there, no longer)
    Left Pocket - my keys and my cellphone
    Kicking it old school!
    lg-cu500-front.jpg

Syphyre on
  • Options
    lostwords wrote:
    97qxcj.jpg

here's my haul in a usual day: timbuk2 messenger bag

inside the bag: ipad, check book, little prince moleskine notebook, sewing kit, purell, wipe for my glasses, extra pack of cigs, bluetooth headphones, napkins

in my pockets: wallet, handkerchief, cigs, a zippo

also took this with my iphone, which i never leave home without

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD WE HAVE THE SAME MOLESKINE

• Options
    Whoa, really? Twinsies! I got it as a gift from tastypastry and langly!

• Options
    sometimes I miss my old phone

imgsony%20ericsson%20k310i2.jpg

it had text messaging and could call people and not a whole lot more, but it was cheap and it kept ticking for almost five years, I think

then I check twitter and facebook and the weather and email without having to be near a computer and I feel better

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am carrying all this sexy that I am bringing back

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    qHl9F.jpg

This plus my phone.

I'd empty out my school bag but fuck that.

Just some notebooks, writing stuff and extra knives in there anyways.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    @janson I think we have the same brand of expandable bag!

my usual purse contents (minus the rice cooker in the background), upside down for some reason. iphone not pictured, but it's usually in my coat pocket
    Picture6-4.png

ring I always wear on my right index finger:
    DSC04284.jpg

the other bags I use regularly:
    Photo64.jpg

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    lostwords wrote:

mines a sketchbook though, i bought it in france

tasty and langly have good taste!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have a messenger bag that I want to carry but the only place I ever go is work and bringing my electronics into Best Buy is a pain in the ass because I would have to get them stickered every day.

If I ever load that up I'll be carrying

80gig ipod classic
    HP Touchpad
    Kindle
    Shotgun
    Procompsognathus
    Wallet
    Chewing Gum

• Options
    lostwords wrote:

mines a sketchbook though, i bought it in france

tasty and langly have good taste!

Ooohlala, you fancy girl! Yeah, I use it for notes and junk, cant really draw. But just looking at the cover makes me happy! Indeed they do!

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    skettios wrote:
    Pockets:
    - phone
    - hairbands

Purse:
    - wallet
    - DS and/or book
    - water bottle
    - headphones
    - phone extra charge dongle
    - 2 pill cases (one has meds, other had ibuprofen/tylenol/etc)
    - makeup stuffs (foundation, brow powder/brush, oil sheet things)
    - hand lotion
    - carmex
    - dice
    - 1-3 pens
    - tampons and panty liners (usually have a few with me)
    skettios wrote:
    Work bag:
    - laptop
    - laptop charger
    - flashlight
    - cardigan
    - mtg cards
    - book
    - lunch
    - depending on weather: hat, scarf, etc
    - small sketchbook
    - pen and pencil

oh right, I also have a little notebook and my keys!

I pack a lot because I have a long commute and honestly, ya never know what you're gonna need! I generally use everything that I carry with me.
    Mom kinda instilled that mentality in me.

skettios on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Wallet, 4s with case, keys with USB drive. When I ride my bike I also carry a both a flat and crosshead screw driver, pliers, small air pump and a set of alan wrenches.

• Options
    Oh yeah, I usually carry a new book or two always in my bag. Have like a dozen books I still need to get through

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Rolo wrote:
    Aretè wrote:
    keys with an usb stick that has grub loaded on it, wallet, and cell phone.

i use to carry a diesel shoulder bag when the only extra thing i carried on my person was a book/nook and or ipad but these days i bring in a north face backpack since i started cooking and bringing my own food into work. since i eat 4 meals when I am at work, all that tupperware wasnt fitting in my shoulder bag anymore.

Are you an athlete of some sort?

Haha, nah. I play ice hockey in a beer league and started going back to the gym regularly again but that is about it.

I have always wanted to bring my own lunch in since it is so much cheaper than buying lunch every day and I am working out again and the one thing I never did right was eat a few small meals throughout the day. I decided it was time to stop saying I was going to do it and just actually do it. Sundays are spent cooking for the week but its been worth it so far I feel like.

• Options
    i used to carry a leisurely book around but i really only read in one of two ways: ravenously so that i finish it all at once or very very slowly and only when im in a 'mood'

boredom doesnt really figure into it haaa (though lately i havent been reading for fun much at all)

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    part of me wants even more stupid shit to carry around so I'm always prepared for whatever comes up in my hectic "take the bus to work, come back home and sleep" lifestyle

but the other part of me worries about becoming a mall ninja:
    hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!
    I do not understand the “joke” or the “Rambo.” I am in a high-risk job. It is not the Mall of America, but Ill tell you what its no podunk mall either.I am a responsible citizen who has made the choice to carry at all times. I defend others. If something happens at the Mall then I would be the hero, not those of you who are making fun of me for no reason. Yes Im not a Green Beret but guess what neither are you and unlike you I have to face unruly shoppers every day.My REAL problem is that, like any LEO, I have enemies because of my job. They may have access to high-powered rifles. My job starts and ends at the same time every day. Although I use four rotating routes to drive to and from work, I am still vulnerable during the walk to and from my car. This is the time that I load up on the trauma plates because I DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT DEAD!Also, someone said that my Tac Team doesn’t get training. Not true. We meet at the range every night and shoot 400 rounds each through weapons that closely resemble our duty setup. We also practice unarmed combat. I am a Master of three martial arts including ninjitsu, which means I can wear the special boots to climb walls. I don’t think any of you are working as hard as I am to be prepared. I asked a serious question about tactical armor and I wanted a serious response. If you want to laugh at somebody, try laughing at the sheep out there who go to the mall unarmed trusting in me to stand guiard over their lives like a God.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I've been to Mall of America...it's like the Thunderdome in there.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    lostwords wrote:
    Oh yeah, I usually carry a new book or two always in my bag. Have like a dozen books I still need to get through
    This is when an e-reader is great! Smaller than 99% of books. :)

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    My usual stuff:

LKRvQ.jpg
    Man Purse - Fossil Wagner City Bag

Bdl0V.png
    Pockets
    Wallet - Saddleback Leather front pocket wallet
    iPhone 4S 32GB
    Keys
    Square reader (Black)
    VwXBa.jpg
    Bag Main Pocket
    iPad 2 16GB
    Apple Wireless Keyboard
    InCase Origami Workstation
    Mophie Juice Pack Charger
    Square reader (White)
    Apple iPhone Charger
    Couple USB Thumbdrives
    Burt's Bees Lip Balm
    iPad Camera Connection Kit
    Bleu Toot earpiece (rarely used)

IU383.png
    Bag Secondary Front Pocket
    Glif, Serif and Ligature iPhone Camera thing
    Targus folding tripod
    Kiels Hand Salve
    LED Flashlight
    Cosmonaut Stylus
    Fisher Space Pen
    Shure headphones
    Mimobot Batman thumbdrive, plus two more.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I used to have messenger bags but I didn't really use them to do anything except like, sneak liquor places.

but now that I have an iPad, I might have to get them out of the TREASURE CHEST I keep them in and use them again

• Options
    if that is from the thread I remember there's a glorious post about terrorists trying to capture the valuable street fighter II machine

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Rolo are you mugging us?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I carry a sweet bag which was made for me out of an old pair of corduroy pants

it's full of various things:
    2 moleskines
    2 pens
    lighter
    chapstick
    phone
    wallet
    mustache comb
    handkerchief
    phone (HTC G1)

in my pockets I have some spare change and a knife which is also a moneyclip, which has a few bills in it

Shorty on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Rolo you should read my book

Q3TRq.jpg

No bakas will ever get the drop on me!!

sig.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh man and I can bring my notebook with me and some mechanical pencils and make doodles of people I see!

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    I've got my Galaxy Nexus, my iPod Classic, Creative Zen EP630 earbuds, and my wallet and keys

If I'm going to a show I usually have a cheap nylon backpack that I'll throw a clean shirt/my banana costume in with whatever I'm reading

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I like that Fossil bag so much I bought it twice. The original's front pocket magnetic clasp eventually ripped through the canvas which sucked, so we went to to Fossil store and they had one left they were planning to send back to corporate. They must have done a revision on the bag because the new one had a nice disc of leather surrounding the magnetic clasp so it's not going to rip. Fits an iPad perfectly, the keyboard is a little snug, but otherwise it's a great little bag.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote:
    Rolo you should read my book

Q3TRq.jpg

No bakas will ever get the drop on me!!

I've held this book in my hands

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Do you now have the power?