Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Was it Show that hurt Orton? I thought Orton hurt Orton? Reinjured himself?

Goose! on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    At least Cody/Santino was built up more tonight. Hope they continue it tomorrow.

It looks like they're building up to Cody/Show more with that finish. I could see a triple threat at Mania happening.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    At least Miz didn't fuck up this week.

Ugh, gotta get to bed. I'm dreading news that both Ziggler and Barrett are injured tomorrow.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    and this Raw was funk-less too

WE WANT THE FUNK BACK

and at least Smackdown is live tomorrow so they can give an update right away

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Very, very glad

• Options
    Also I expect to see either Del Rio or Christian show up tomorrow, or both.

• Options
    Goose wrote:
    Was it Show that hurt Orton? I thought Orton hurt Orton? Reinjured himself?

Orton got a concussion at some point during the match, before Bryan hit him with the belt. So yeah, Show did hurt Orton.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Mania thus far:

John Cena vs. The Rock

WWE Title Match
    Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Title Match
    Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Hell in a Cell
    Triple H vs. The Undertaker

MITB Ladder Match

Also looking to be in the mix/possibilities: Rhodes/Show

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote:
    At least Cody/Santino was built up more tonight. Hope they continue it tomorrow.

It looks like they're building up to Cody/Show more with that finish. I could see a triple threat at Mania happening.

I thought Shaq and Show would be doing something at Mania. Although if tonight is any indication they may change their minds on that.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    So basically, the best heel in the company is one of the best people in the world

Dolph better sign that cast

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote:
    and this Raw was funk-less too

WE WANT THE FUNK BACK

and at least Smackdown is live tomorrow so they can give an update right away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjKFCYzqq-A

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I believe the concussion came when Show botched the RKO and Orton dropped like a sack of hammers.

Paul Wight is a wreckless, dangerous human being.

/Nigel McGuiness

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Is the MitB match for Mania official?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote:
    wirehead26 wrote:

I thought Shaq and Show would be doing something at Mania. Although if tonight is any indication they may change their minds on that.

At this point Vince just wants to swerve fans. It's why everybody thought Christian would be returning at the Rumble, and everybody thought something big would happen last night in the Ambulance match, and neither of those happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Shaq/Show doesn't happen.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty excited for Punk v Bryan tomorrow night. I hope they get a full match with no swerve-y shit or run-ins

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Tim Smith, who was Tim Well in WWE/F as one half of the tag team "Well Dunn," died today. His tag partner, Steve "Dunn" Doll, died in March of 09 due to complications from a blood clot. They were part of one of the better times for tag teams in WWF, wrestling with the likes of the Headshrinkers, the Smoking Gunns, Men on a Mission, and the Bushwackers. Smith was 48.

Dark match for RAW was Ryback defeating JTG

Superstars taped McGillicutty vs Riley and Mason Ryan vs Tyler Reks.

WWE Wrestlefest, the classic arcade game, is coming out tomorrow for iPad and iPhone from THQ. The new iteration is based on the classic arcade game but features current WWE Superstars and prominent WWE Legends, will have a Road to Wrestlemania mode and extensive downloadable content. Development is underway to bring the game to other platforms including XBLA, PSN, Android, and the PC by the end of 2012.

Screenshot:

6hSPg.jpg

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    I like how Macho Man is just kinda, hanging out back there.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    lol 5th wheel

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Feel terrible for Barrett, he was just getting on a roll again.

And what the fuck was Cody doing throwing out Santino on top of them when they're working on an injured wrestler? Call a fucking audible.

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Despite taking an ugly bump during the 10-man battle royal during tonight's RAW, Dolph Ziggler came out after the show went off the air for his WWE championship dark match against CM Punk. Punk successfully defended the WWE Championship by defeating Ziggler after hitting a GTS.

In the main event, John Cena pinned Kane after hitting the Attitude Adjustment.

Nothing about Barrett so far...

• Options
    Whatever. Anybody who played those old Genesis games knows the smart method to winning the Royal Rumble is to hang back and let the others irish whip each other around.

Then. Suddenly.

Hiptoss. Hiptosses everywhere.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I want to apologize for messing up @TrueKofi Kingston's name tonight. So here goes: Sorry you aren't more memorable, Kofi. #Raw

• Options
    edited February 2012
    So Big Show should throw Cole out of the ring? Got it.

I'm debating changing the thread title to remind everybody that Smackdown is live tomorrow but I also don't want to change it before people are used to the new title and can thus find it easily.

With great power comes great responsibility.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Wade Barrett suffered an injury during tonight's 10-man battle royal on RAW. Barrett apparently injured his right arm while catching Dolph Ziggler outside of the ring, who was thrown over the top by the Big Show.

Barrett immediately grabbed his arm and yelled "F--k" a couple of times, the second of which was bleeped on the air. Medics put his arm in an air cast and walked him to the back.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Regarding Show/Orton: watch Orton after he hits the RKO. You know, the one Show doesn't fuck up. He gets up and you can tell he's dazed.

Regarding Santino/Cody: what.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Regarding Show/Orton: watch Orton after he hits the RKO. You know, the one Show doesn't fuck up. He gets up and you can tell he's dazed.

Regarding Santino/Cody: what.

It's apparently been built up?

Even though Show ran off after Rhodes after Rhodes cost him a chance at the WWE Title?

• Options
    I think I'd buy a Rhodes/Show match for the IC title over a Rhodes/Santino match. In that Rhodes has gotten believable offense in on the Big Show in every encounter they've had, and his finishers are you know, possible to use on Show. I still wouldn't like to see Show in a serious match at Mania, especially given the past few weeks.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I kinda wish Ron Simmons would have walked out after the Cena/Eve segment and said, "Damn!"

• Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    For the first time since I started watching wrestling in 2001, I think there's a real chance that the Undertaker's streak will be broken.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I think I'd buy a Rhodes/Show match for the IC title over a Rhodes/Santino match. In that Rhodes has gotten believable offense in on the Big Show in every encounter they've had, and his finishers are you know, possible to use on Show. I still wouldn't like to see Show in a serious match at Mania, especially given the past few weeks.

I'd bet Show/Shaq versus Rhodes/somebody else, based on the rumors.
    ....and his finishers are you know, possible to use on Show...

You mean theoretically possible, sort of like the RKO.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Show/Goldust vs Shaq/Rhodes

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD HE HAS HIS ANNOUNCING JACKET

CONTINUITY <3

@Sweeney Tom

I just gotta say how much I love this post.

It brightened my whole night.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Wait, Shaq as a heel? Madness!

• Options
    yeah I mean honestly

either put a gimmick on the shaq thing or make it a tag team bout

a guy at work suggested kobe/shaq vs show/bryan as a joke and honestly? it's a pretty good joke

• Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    Observer is saying it's looking like a dislocated elbow.
    wirehead26 wrote:
    Is the MitB match for Mania official?

Well it is official that the MITB ppv is now the TLC ppv, so I'm leaning towards "Yes" but with the caveat that they might just do it some other time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure you can hear Wade yelling fuck fuck fuck after he starts slapping the ground. Its hard to say what really went wrong there. Did Wade injure his arm on the roll out and the catch finished the job, did Show throw too hard, just out of position, or horrible fucking luck.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure you can hear Wade yelling fuck fuck fuck after he starts slapping the ground. Its hard to say what really went wrong there. Did Wade injure his arm on the roll out and the catch finished the job, did Show throw too hard, just out of position, or horrible fucking luck.

I took a couple of looks at it and he's fine before the throw. Big Show threw Ziggler way too hard and his aim was way off. So the poor aim resulted in Ziggler's entire body going straight for Barrett, while R-Truth tried to catch his ankles. Barrett then tried to catch him but the hard throw knocked them both over right onto Barrett's arm. Barrett could barely move it afterwards, it looked pretty brutal.

Anyway, interesting show. Not sure what to say about Eve, as I really feel sorry for her, especially now that social media is so huge. I can't imagine how horrible assholes on twitter are being to her. I'm not sure I can blame the crowd for crapping on the Undertaker/Triple H bit, since no-one really cared about that rematch up until the HIAC bit was mentioned and that actually made it interesting. Otunga and Daniel Bryan won, which is awesome. I wish Otunga's finisher was the Ace Cutter though, RKO similarities be damned. And the main event was great despite Big Show's attempts at messing everything up.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, then maybe you can hire...

tumblr_lzod40kQwY1qdup1xo1_500.jpg

6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I want to apologize for messing up @TrueKofi Kingston's name tonight. So here goes: Sorry you aren't more memorable, Kofi. #Raw

Cole's a half-decent heel in pure text format. No wonder he won't shut up about fucking Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.