Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's confirmed: Wade has a dislocated elbow, and will miss Mania.
    Prayers go out to Wade Barrett! A sidelining injury, not a career ender but he won't get a shot at Mania and that hurts my heart for him

Also:
    The current plan is for the Undertaker to reveal that he's bald at WrestleMania 28. Taker returned to TV with a hood covering his head and they plan to wait on removing it until then.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That sucks. They should put Barrett in the commentary booth until he's recovered.

Also that A-Team picture is amazing.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote:
    And before you say "Look what happened to Bigelow", the Clique happened to Bigelow, not LT.

I feel like I'm always learning something in these threads...
    I can never tell if Ziggler's actually hurt. But if Show managed to injure Barrett, Ziggler and Orton right around Wrestlemania, he might need to take a bit of a break again.

I thought it was Bryan who hurt Orton?

In any case, it seems like they're dropping like flies lately-- makes you wonder how WrestleMania will look if this keeps up.

Anyway, I really feel bad for Wade. I didn't even notice him being hurt initially-- I thought the panic was for Ziggler, who looked like he hit pretty bad.

Glad to hear it's not a career-ender. But it does make me wonder if they might try a face return for him...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Orton was woozy before Bryan got in the ring

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Damn, I thought if it was just dislocated he might be able to come back for Mania. That really sucks.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    A number of WWE performers appeared giddy backstage over Cena's remarks as they legitimately feel that way over Johnson. One talent commented via text to PWInsider.com (with permission to be quoted under condition of of anonymity: "[The Rock] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one. "He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about Triple H, 'Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The Barrett Ba-rage will have to sit in the Barrett Ga-rage and work on a Barrett Coll-age until his return where they will show the Barrett Mon-tage.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote:
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, then maybe you can hire...

tumblr_lzod40kQwY1qdup1xo1_500.jpg

ace = hannibal
    christian = murdock
    del rio = face
    henry = b.a.

someone get creative on it

• Options
    Xehalus wrote:
    QuickSnap wrote:
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, then maybe you can hire...

ace = hannibal
    christian = murdock
    del rio = face
    henry = b.a.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If Del Rio, Christian, and Henry became a stable and Ace went around loving when plans came together I think I'd die from laughter.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Re: Cena/Eve

It's pretty ridiculous that some of you are calling that whole thing "misogynistic". Sure, the technical definition of that word is simply "woman hating", but you're making it sound like, within the storyline, Eve didn't deserve to be hated. She's a heel. She deserves the hate. When a guy does something mean to a woman in WWE and she slaps him for it, do you call it misandry? Of course not. You just say that the guy is being a heel or being a dick.

WWE is pretty much at it's lowest woman-hating rate ever. Look at some of the crap they put people like Trish through back in the day. She had to MAKE OUT WITH VINCE. To call what Cena did last night is not really a proper usage of the word, you silly geese.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    I really hate being on the west coast feed for RAW, now.

Guess it doesn't matter when I fell asleep at 7, but w/e.

I feel so behind...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Abloo bloo to you.

I get RAW broadcast in the afternoon on a fucking Wednesday...

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goose! wrote:
    Tim Smith, who was Tim Well in WWE/F as one half of the tag team "Well Dunn," died today. His tag partner, Steve "Dunn" Doll, died in March of 09 due to complications from a blood clot. They were part of one of the better times for tag teams in WWF, wrestling with the likes of the Headshrinkers, the Smoking Gunns, Men on a Mission, and the Bushwackers. Smith was 48.

Dark match for RAW was Ryback defeating JTG

Superstars taped McGillicutty vs Riley and Mason Ryan vs Tyler Reks.

WWE Wrestlefest, the classic arcade game, is coming out tomorrow for iPad and iPhone from THQ. The new iteration is based on the classic arcade game but features current WWE Superstars and prominent WWE Legends, will have a Road to Wrestlemania mode and extensive downloadable content. Development is underway to bring the game to other platforms including XBLA, PSN, Android, and the PC by the end of 2012.

Screenshot:

6hSPg.jpg

Have you ever tried playing that Arcade game? It's pretty much impossible. You gotta just button mash as fast as you can and you can never do it faster than the computer after the first match.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I thought it was Bryan who hurt Orton?

The kayfabe explanation is that Bryan whacking Orton with the belt concussed him.

Really, it happened when he and Show botched the RKO and Orton landed on his head awkwardly.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    So it was the second RKO, then, not the first botched RKO?

• Options
    dwareydwarey Nutley, NJRegistered User regular

It's pretty ridiculous that some of you are calling that whole thing "misogynistic". Sure, the technical definition of that word is simply "woman hating", but you're making it sound like, within the storyline, Eve didn't deserve to be hated. She's a heel. She deserves the hate. When a guy does something mean to a woman in WWE and she slaps him for it, do you call it misandry? Of course not. You just say that the guy is being a heel or being a dick.

I think they could get their point across without using words like "ho" or "skank," and that's what people mean. Especially on a show that's now obviously geared toward children. Mark Henry may be a heel but if someone started throwing racial slurs at him I doubt anyone would be ok with it.

Not the same thing, but you get my point.

• Options
    The Geek wrote:
    Goose! wrote:
    Tim Smith, who was Tim Well in WWE/F as one half of the tag team "Well Dunn," died today. His tag partner, Steve "Dunn" Doll, died in March of 09 due to complications from a blood clot. They were part of one of the better times for tag teams in WWF, wrestling with the likes of the Headshrinkers, the Smoking Gunns, Men on a Mission, and the Bushwackers. Smith was 48.

Dark match for RAW was Ryback defeating JTG

Superstars taped McGillicutty vs Riley and Mason Ryan vs Tyler Reks.

WWE Wrestlefest, the classic arcade game, is coming out tomorrow for iPad and iPhone from THQ. The new iteration is based on the classic arcade game but features current WWE Superstars and prominent WWE Legends, will have a Road to Wrestlemania mode and extensive downloadable content. Development is underway to bring the game to other platforms including XBLA, PSN, Android, and the PC by the end of 2012.

Screenshot:

6hSPg.jpg

Have you ever tried playing that Arcade game? It's pretty much impossible. You gotta just button mash as fast as you can and you can never do it faster than the computer after the first match.

Used to play it all the time, I've gotten to match 4 once, but regularly got to match 3 (which is when it would be the steel cage).

• Options
    dwarey wrote:

I think they could get their point across without using words like "ho" or "skank," and that's what people mean. Especially on a show that's now obviously geared toward children. Mark Henry may be a heel but if someone started throwing racial slurs at him I doubt anyone would be ok with it.

Not the same thing, but you get my point.

But Mark is not that word. Eve most definitely is being a skank ho in this story. She doesn't have to perform sexual favors for anyone or receive money to be a ho. A ho (or whore) is just someone who uses their assets to get ahead in some way, shape or form. Whether that takes the form of money, power, etc. isn't important.

What is important is that Eve (in storyline) could certainly be called that by her actions. I just don't see why everyone had to immediately jump to, "OMG WWE HATES ALL THE WOMEN'S". That's just a bit much, methinks.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    I think the WWE is swinging the pendulum back towards a more adolescent-young adult audience, as well.

The PG/kid's era is slowly coming to an end. I think HHH somewhere talked about that. How they went too far one direction, and had to bring it all the way back around to completely PG in order for things to be shocking or interesting again.

IIRC he basically said, "where were we going to go after Katie Vick?" or something.

Calling Eve a skank ho isn't really bad, when she was being a skank ho. Also, that its outraged anyone shows that the PG era worked, as this would never have been an issue during Attitude.

• Options
    The only thing you have to be in order to be accurately called a racial slur is a person of a certain race. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying Cena is incorrect or anything. The dictionary definition of the word "whore" is irrelevant here. I just don't see how using these words is helping the product, Cena or especially Eve. Isn't the goal here to get people over?

Eve's going to be a heel for the rest of her time in the company now until they decide she's not getting reactions any more, at which point we'll never see her again. I'm not saying she's a great wrestler or actress (what they're doing to Natalya pisses me off much more because I think she legitimately has talent), but if they were going to bury her they could have used far less television time, and avoided appealing to the lowest common denominator for once.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I still think the word at the start of Cenas entrance music is "bravado".

Sorry, "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAVADOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    yabba doooooo

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    dwarey wrote:
    The only thing you have to be in order to be accurately called a racial slur is a person of a certain race. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not saying Cena is incorrect or anything. The dictionary definition of the word "whore" is irrelevant here. I just don't see how using these words is helping the product, Cena or especially Eve. Isn't the goal here to get people over?

Eve's going to be a heel for the rest of her time in the company now until they decide she's not getting reactions any more, at which point we'll never see her again. I'm not saying she's a great wrestler or actress (what they're doing to Natalya pisses me off much more because I think she legitimately has talent), but if they were going to bury her they could have used far less television time, and avoided appealing to the lowest common denominator for once.

Wait, you think they're burying her? Really?

She's been more relevant and over these past two weeks than at any point in her career, and there are plenty of ways this can go to cement her in that position for a long time to come.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Hoeski

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    She was called a hoski

• Options
    LTM wrote:
    yabba doooooo
    post_fruity_pebbles.jpg

• Options
    LTM wrote:
    yabba doooooo
    post_fruity_pebbles.jpg

Yeah, I've always thought that, though, before the current Dwayne confrontation.

This has just made it more relevant.

• Options
    dwarey wrote:

Wait, you think they're burying her? Really?

She's been more relevant and over these past two weeks than at any point in her career, and there are plenty of ways this can go to cement her in that position for a long time to come.

I think, given their track record with female wrestlers, that her best case scenario is to end up like Lita. Sure, crowds reacted to her for awhile, but after they got tired there was nowhere for her character to go because the fans were only ever going to boo her or ignore her. So no, I guess in the short term they're not burying her. But I do think this permanently changes her character and she may get burned out by the atmosphere in the same way many other female wrestlers have.

In terms of the whole misogyny thing, I'm willing to agree to disagree. I can see your point, and in the context of wrestling I don't think anything Cena said was surprising or out of the norm.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2012
    It's not quite the same as Lita because Eve didn't actually for reals cheat on anyone.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    wirehead26 wrote:
    I don't see what the problem with the Colons is. Even if you don't find them interesting both of them are pretty good in the ring.

Also Dyvim you never answered my question about your opinion on Okada winning the IWGP title. Or if you did I missed it.

This is my early candidate for wrestling moment of the year!
    show_match_icon.jpg

I absolutely love almost everything about it. I love that he's only been back in the company for a month and yet he's ended a 13 month title reign. I love how the match took an established, by the numbers Puro formula and then shook it up and surprised almost everybody. I love the fact that he brought Gedo with him to the press conference to announce his alliance with CHAOS. I love Yuji Nagata's miserable, crest-fallen old man face when the ref counted to three. I love that the match was nearly twenty five minutes and didn't bore me at all. I love that it's going to mean the next main event will have two completely fresh faces competing for the IWGP belt with Naitou challenging for the first time.

Yes he's still pretty green and sometimes kind of awkward, but honestly I find that makes his matches kind of endearing. Are there better choices for that title belt? Maybe there are, but ultimately New Japan have a history of rolling the dice on young guys in the main event and it's a history that certain other big companies could stand to learn a thing or two from.
    I honestly don't know if this will work or not, and I find that to be pretty exciting. I do think Okada has all the tools to be the Ace of this new generation of main eventers though, and I think they've picked (assuming this is where they're going with it) a solid foil for him in the form of Naitou. All told the IWGP title picture is looking pretty damn bright from here on out, assuming they keep Makabe the hell away from it of course;-p

Or alternatively this is the booking equivalent of giving a drunken monkey the keys to your car. Sure it's going to be funny, but at the end of the day you can't go blaming anybody else when the car is on fire and you have to explain that dead monkey to the police.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Just no more pregnancy angles. They never ever turn out good.

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Unless it's Gene Snitsky.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    THEPAIN73 wrote:
    Unless it's Gene Snitsky.

IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

Anyway, managed to catch up a bit at lunch with the whole Cena thing and I have to say at that was pretty damn good. Loved the part where he looked at the camera and gave that little look. Almost seemed to flash back to ol' thug Cena at the end too with the whole "I don't want a disease".

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote:
    QuickSnap wrote:

ace = hannibal
    christian = murdock
    del rio = face
    henry = b.a.

it's clearly the J Team, come on

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Further update on Barrett
    WWE.com reports Wade Barrett suffered a partial dislocation of his left elbow during the 10-Man Battle Royal on Raw. He will undergo an MRI for further evaluation this week and will be sidelined for at least 6 to 8 weeks.

Completely sucks, he will just barely miss Mania and a few weeks after at least. He might come back in time for the Draft, with luck.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ughhhh

And that's still probably the BEST outcome of that botch

if they catch dolph any lower he probably snaps out of their grasp and lands on his neck on the mat

he was at least able to get an arm out

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    What the heck was Dolph wearing during the match last night before they cut to commercial?

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    That young lady is freaking out a little.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Man moments like that are so awesome.

This discussion has been closed.