As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Less than two months to go - Kill time like a boss

FrugusFrugus PhotographerMontrealRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in PAX Archive
PAX East is getting closer with less than two months to go, heck it's even okay to say it's a few weeks away. This thread is to help find interesting stuff to kill time. The OP is meant to grow with your submissions, but here are a few to start things off.

Warning - There are a few links pointing towards the first ever PAX East in 2010, which is a good thing, but newcomers should know that this particular event was held in a different location and the surroundings do not represent the current venue which is booked with until 2023 (not a typo). Do not expect PAX East to move back anytime soon (or anywhere else for that matter).

The PAX Community DVD Project
Brought to you by Coldbrew and friends, these represent hours of footage taken at PAX and they don't seem to cut out much of what they took. Each one last for hours.
PAX East 2010 - KoalaBro2
Coldbrew wrote:
Worry not, we're not dead. [...] Long story short, we've had a number of technical issues and almost lost a large chunk of our footage. But we've got back on track, and you will all have the opportunity to watch our Prime 2010 DVD's some time soon before East comes around. So hopefully that will help!

As for a thread contribution:
Musical Guests Panel from Prime 2010
Musical Guests Panel from East 2011

Plenty more PAX videos can be found on those profiles too.

Youtubing
Post interesting footage here.
The EAST 2010 Sunday Q&A - nevermore13

Podcasts
The complete Penny-Arcade / PVP Dungeons and Dragons podcast
It's not exactly about PAX (or PAX East for that), but it's the guys who brought you PAX are playing a DND game. What else could you ask for? One episode was recorded at PAX Prime.

PA TV has a few episodes that revolve around PAX as well...
On PAX East 2010 (Season 1 Episode 16)
On PAX Prime 2010 (Season 2 Episode 1)
On PAX Prime 2011 (Season 3 Episode 1)
On Enforcers (Season 3 Episode 3)

These guys are going to give concerts at PAX East 2012
Why don't you go out there and listen to their stuff?
Friday night:
VGO
Protomen
Metroid Metal
Minibosses

Saturday night:
Supercommuter
Paul & Storm
Jonathan Coulton
MC Frontalot

Frugus Eggbeater
ufCl1ui.png
Frugus on

• Options
    KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    There's the PAX Community DVD. I'm afraid the lack of progress on the last 3 PAXes suggests it may be a dead project, but you can still watch the 2010 PAX East DVDs, from when it was in the Hynes Convention Center. That helped to get me excited for last year.

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    The East 2010 Sunday Q&A is on Youtube. Other panels from the past 2 East events should be as well I know the East 2010 keynote is.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    KoalaBro2 wrote:
    There's the PAX Community DVD. I'm afraid the lack of progress on the last 3 PAXes suggests it may be a dead project, but you can still watch the 2010 PAX East DVDs, from when it was in the Hynes Convention Center. That helped to get me excited for last year.

Worry not, we're not dead. But thanks for mentioning us!

Long story short, we've had a number of technical issues and almost lost a large chunk of our footage. But we've got back on track, and you will all have the opportunity to watch our Prime 2010 DVD's some time soon before East comes around. So hopefully that will help!

As for a thread contribution:
    Musical Guests Panel from Prime 2010
    Musical Guests Panel from East 2011

Plenty more PAX videos can be found on those profiles too.

NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I have absolutely no idea why I did not think about adding the PAX Community DVD in there... Sorry!

Added all threads with proper credits.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    No worries. ;)

We haven't reached out to the community much in a while; had some off-time, and some of us have been doing some things for Joco Cruise Crazy and MAGFest. So we've been busy, just kind of under the radar, so to speak.

If anybody is interested in the bands playing at this upcoming East and hasn't heard them before, you can get a small taste of all eight of them (among other things) from our Prime 2011 preview.

JoCo Cruise Crazy just ended this morning, so we'll start seeing videos showing up all over the place I'm sure. That'll be a good way to pass some time, and maybe get excited for JoCo and Paul & Storm at least.

NSw0gum.png