As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wiz-War Tournament] Game 4 - This war is over (El Skid WINS)

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    The stone block in my way is a little rude-working on sending in my orders

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    By the way, the Items and Maintained spells seems to have a typo- the wall is listed as D1/D2, which...doesn't actually exist on the map.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    :oops: I'll get that fixed.

aaand done

ObiFett on
  • Options
    orders in

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Trust me ObiFett, there's no need to :oops:

Compared to some play-by-posts I've seen, this is more organized than a Rainbow Six op.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    SeGaTai is enraged by the large stone block in front of him. "A Stone Block killed my parents!" he yells as the Adrenaline starts coursing through his veins. At full enrage mode his true self comes out and he transforms into a Werewolf! (ripping up all his clothes in the process) With heightened senses, Werewolf SeGaTai can now trace a short path to his quarry and runs on all fours to meet his foe. He swipes twice at the green wizard with his giant paws and growls, "Where's your stone block now old man?!?!"

actual orders:
    Discard Shield for 2 energy to cast Adrenaline targeting self,
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary (2 Energy left) | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving.
    Cast Werewolf form on self,
    Werewolf Form | Neutral | Permanent | Transform yourself or target creature into a werewolf. Its base move is now 4. A werefolf's punches inflict physical damage equal to the result of a die roll. Werewolves can only cast counter spells.
    move right,right,up,up to H9.
    Punch(Claw) Gandalf twice. (dice rolls: 4, 2)
    Growl "where's your stone block now old man"
    Draw one card

updated map and players:
    Game4-6.png

Gandalf_the_Crazed
    VP - 0
    Life - 9
    Cards in Hand - 4
    Sustained Spells/Held Items:
    Stone Block
    Create Wall

Werewolf SeGaTai
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in hand - 5
    Werewolf Form | Neutral | Permanent | Transform yourself or target creature into a werewolf. Its base move is now 4. A werefolf's punches inflict physical damage equal to the result of a die roll. Werewolves can only cast counter spells.
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary (2 Energy left) | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving.

El Skid <- Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 7

El Skid is now completely confused by what is happening in other parts of the maze...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Well, eff.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Trust me ObiFett, there's no need to :oops:

Compared to some play-by-posts I've seen, this is more organized than a Rainbow Six op.

Thanks GtC. This is the first time I have done a forum game and my only frame of reference is the nearly perfectly run CitOW games I have seen done around here.

I'm having way more fun running these games than I thought I would, tbh.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    That's possibly the best werewolf icon I can imagine for this. And props to the host for running all these smoothly, running 5 games at once sounds like a nightmare to keep straight

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    ...Well then. Judging by all the cards I've seen played so far this game, and the ones that were played in the other games I've parused... mine seem slightly sub-par. By alot.

So my options are:

a) Do 9 damage to Gandalf in a single turn and then hope I can deal with a werewolf
    b) run the frak away and let him gnaw on Gandalf's bones.

I believe I have an answer! (that didn't take very long!). Turn incoming...

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    That's possibly the best werewolf icon I can imagine for this. And props to the host for running all these smoothly, running 5 games at once sounds like a nightmare to keep straight

I got a system now. A very methodical, triple-checking, excel-aided, one game at a time, system.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I got a system now. A very methodical, triple-checking, excel-aided, one game at a time, system.

Needs more bourbon.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Orders in.

They ended up different (and more entertaining) then I thought they would. Let's see if this works...

• Options
    Entertaining is usually bad for your opponents, I'm beginning to understand.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Only if your name is Gandalf, on the bright side. :evil:

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTxM8HEWWsvblmYWjodwfPXg6MS_u5S5-cyiNUGdMsUV3rtnu5wA

El Skid on
  • Options
    I really hope this means I get to hunt you down :twisted:

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    You get to try :D

• Options
    edited February 2012
    El Skid hears the cries of Gandalf_the_Crazed being clawed by a werewolf. "I'll help you!" he shouts. First he casts Fog around the entire maze, to prevent the mean red werewolf from being able to see his new best friend. Then El Skid summon all his magical strength and begins to cause the ground itself to obey his every whim. The entire yellow-lighted part of the maze rotates 90 degrees and pulls Gandalf_the_Crazed away from the werewolf threat and right in front of a portal. "I'll stop the bleeding, first!", El Skid says lovingly as he creates a superheated mallet out of thin air and slams it into green's wounds in an attempt to cauterize the cuts. Gandalf_the_Crazed screams in agony and Adrenaline courses through Yellow's veins in response. "You're in shock, snap out of it man!", El Skid yells while he punches Green directly in the face to hopefully break him out of shock. Green falls to the ground on the edge of death. Yellow does the only thing he can think of and transforms into a Slime to comfort and caress Green in his last moments on Earth. Slime El Skid tries to cradle Gandalf_the_Crazed in his arms but the Green wizard slips through his liquid-ish body. He tries to hold him four times until Green dies with the Slime weeping over his dead best friend.

Just then, a voice bellows throughout the maze. "There can be only one! El Skid is awarded a Victory Point and gains all the knowledge of Gandalf_the_Crazed"

Slime El Skid snaps out of his mourning and back into human form and does a victory dance. Time to find that werewolf and get out of here...

actual orders:
    Cast Fog
    Fog | Neutral | Any | Temporary | Global : Blanket the entire game board with thick fog. While this spell lasts, wizards cannot trace LOS farther away than 1 square. All wizards still have LOS to Global spells for the purposes of dispelling or countering them
    Cast Rotate Sector, targeting the yellow sector- turn it 90 degrees counterclockwise so that I am adjacent to the green wizard.
    Rotate Sector | Neutral | Any | Instant | Rotate target sector board by 90 or 180 in any direction
    Cast Ka-Bong on the yellow wizard (4 damage).
    Ka-Bong! | Attack | Adjacent | Instant | Momentarily create a heavy mallet to strike target object or wizard for 4 physical damage. If a wizard is damaged by this attack he becomes stunned for 1 turn
    Cast Adrenaline, spending 0 energy
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving
    Punch the Yellow wizard
    Cast Slime Form
    Slime Form | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary | Transform yourself or target creature into a slime. Slime's base move is 3, it ignores doors and objects, except walls and stone blocks when moving. Moving through closed door causes the slime to drop any carried treasure. Each time a slime enters a square with a wizard, each wizard in that square takes 1 physical damage. This is not an attack and can not be evaded. Slimes can not attack and may only cast counter spells.
    Discard Energy (4) to boost movement.
    Move to J2 (inflict 1 damage to green)
    Move to C9
    Move to C9
    Move to C9
    Green dies, take green's cards
    Drop Slime form
    Do a victory dance and brace for werewolfing.

updated map and players:
    Game4-7.png

Gandalf_the_Crazed Death by Slime Snu-Snu

Werewolf SeGaTai <- Current Turn
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in hand - 5

El Skid
    VP - 1
    Life - 15
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Temporary | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving
    Fog

Werewolf SeGaTai heard the booming voice's message and knows he is now behind...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Congrats.

I do feel like my death just now is entirely the result of terrible luck, though. :P

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Yea that was certainly a creative way to deal all that damage, shame you got knocked off first GtC-though I hope your hand was shit

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yea that was certainly a creative way to deal all that damage

I didn't mean to imply El Skid wasn't creative in his actions, just that I feel like being faced with "werewolf + adrenaline" and "rotate sector + adrenaline + hammer + slime" is a bit of an outlier, in terms of probability. :P
    shame you got knocked off first GtC-though I hope your hand was shit

You're boned.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Man, I'd hate to take that awesome move away from El Skid, so I hope I'm wrong here, but I thought the rules said that you only get the VP and cards if you killed someone with an attack, and Slime Form specifically says it's not an attack. Could be rules lawyering, but I just wanted to point that out just in case.

Actually, I still think it's awesome either way.

• Options
    And I'm dead either way, unless Skid decides not to kill me yet so he can take the VP when he eventually does. :P

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, re-reading the rules, you are right blahmcblah. This is a very good thing to know!

However, all Skid would have to do is make his punch the last thing he does to GtC and then it would count as a kill and he would get the VP and cards.

I'm going to rule that he keeps the VP and Cards, assuming he would have punched last had he known about that rule.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Oh right, I should've thought of him just dropping the slime form to punch. Yay for everyone (except GtC)!

• Options
    molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    Though technically Skid didn't even punch GtC anyway, he uppercutted himself, so GtC shouldn't even be dead ;)
    It was obviously a typo, but it was a kinda funny one :P

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • Options
    Oh right. Yeah, the slime wasn't powered past this turn, so I would've dropped it to punch instead. I would certainly appreciate the noobish leeway if I could keep that VP.

I don't ACTUALLY think it's going to matter, as puppy-boy will probably come after me and have us duke it out to the death for the win, but the VP is certainly useful :)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Werewolf SeGaTai runs on all floors and feels himself lose a bit of Adrenaline. He runs towards the smell of death and finds the yellow wizard. He slashes twice before the El Skid can react.

actual orders:
    Adrenaline loses one energy
    Move to J1-
    Claw Yellow wizard twice (dice roll: 1, 3)
    Green will be AVENGED!!!
    Discard Mist Body-Draw 1 card

updated map and players:
    Game4-8.png

Werewolf SeGaTai
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in hand - 5
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary (1 Energy left) | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving.

El Skid <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 11
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Temporary (1 Energy left) | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving
    Fog

El Skid feels his Adrenaline and his control over the Fog both fade as he is mauled by the Red Werewolf...

(Fog and Adrenaline will expire during your Time Passes phase before you can Move and Cast)

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I scoff at your puppy scratches. (orders in)

• Options
    Just keep running Skid, will sniff you out eventually

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Unless you have a counterspell handy, you might end up sniffing me out while on fire. Which is at least amusing :P

• Options
    edited February 2012
    El Skid regains composure after the werewolf charge and lets off a Fireball in the thing's face. Then runs away through the nearby portal before he can notice that the Werewolf SeGaTai deftly raised a Wall of Earth to block the attack. Quickly looking for a safe haven, he casts Create Door a wall hoping for an enclosure on the other side. As he busts through the door he is met with a Red Treasure, that he picks up.

actual orders:
    Cast Fireball at Red.
    Fireball | Attack | LOS | Instant | Fire : Searing flames inflict 5 magical fire damage to target object or wizard.
    Red counters with Wall of Earth
    Wall of Earth | Counter | LOS | Instant | Momentarily raise a 1-square long wall of dirt on a target border line between 2 squares. The wall blocks 1 attack that hits it, and then it collapses. The wall cannot block non-LOS attacks. Wall of Earth is immune to damage; and it blocks both LOS and movement.
    Move through the portal to C9,
    up,
    Cast Create Door on A9/B9,
    up,
    Take Treasure.
    Draw 2 cards.

updated map and players:
    Game4-9.png

Werewolf SeGaTai
    VP - 0
    Life - 15
    Cards in hand - 5
    Adrenaline | Neutral | Self/LOS | Temporary (1 Energy left) | Target any wizard (including yourself). While this spell lasts, the target may attack twice per turn. If the target is stunned, it may attack once and move, or attack twice without moving.

El Skid <- Current Turn
    VP - 1
    Life - 11
    Cards in Hand - 5
    Red Treasure

Werewolf SeGaTai watches his prey escape through the portal and feels his Adrenaline fading...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Adrenaline expires before i move/attack?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yeah, once the last energy is expended, the spell is discarded.

• Options
    Orders in-Will be interesting to follow the 4/5 player games of this. At 3 it seems hard to balance, easy for someone to get out to a lead and boost his way to victory where with more people whoever has an early lead his ganged up on

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Yeah, it'll be hard for you to stop me from just claiming victory here- I'm interested to see what you can pull out of your ass hat. :P

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Orders in-Will be interesting to follow the 4/5 player games of this. At 3 it seems hard to balance, easy for someone to get out to a lead and boost his way to victory where with more people whoever has an early lead his ganged up on

After playing 6+ games of this and watching the other 5 on this forum, this is the first game I have ever seen someone actually kill another wizard. And without a VP from killing, in 3 player games you can just steal back the treasure to take away a VP from someone.

We play 3 player all the time in my group and it usually comes down to people stealing treasures that other players have already scored and then stealing them back until someone pulls off a crazy combo that puts them ahead. GtC just got really unlucky this game. I haven't seen that much damage piled on one player in two turns ever. AND THEN for him not to have any kind of defensive counter? Worst luck ever.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I blame GtC for not playing it right. Clearly he should have looked at his hand and the lack of defensive cards, and then shut himself inside the wall with his treasures :lol:

El Skid on
  • Options
    Yea looking at it now its pretty hard to do that much damage without ganging up on people like we did. Wasn't expecting Skid to pull off 9 damage, especially with where he was.

PSN SeGaTai