As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Lay off the DLC arguments. USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    We're missing the "no one gets it" option.

I suggest someone cosplays as a reaper and blows the containment unit up.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    They've got 10 people trying to get at it so I have no idea how they're going to decide who gets it.
    Trivia contest. It's in the rules.

Rank the following Mass Effect characters by age, from youngest to oldest counted in Earth years.

Shepard
    Thane
    Wrex
    Liara
    Joker
    Miranda
    Anderson
    Garrus
    Jack
    Udina

Ha, that's actually not bad. Though probably something you could look up. I'm going to take a guess, probably off (for the life of me I can't remember if Turians and Drell have weird life spans - also you should have stuck Mordin in there because he would be amusingly deceptive :P):

Jack
    Miranda
    Shepard
    Joker
    Garrus
    Thane
    Anderson
    Udina
    Wrex
    Liara

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    My favorite Paragon response is with the Omega Elcor merchant. If you are nice and paragon, you only threaten to break his legs.
    In my Renegade playthrougth just the other night I told him to drive the Quarian out of business.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Isn't Liara actually fairly old - like in her 50s or 60s? She's just young by Asari standards, but she's had more than enough time to get a Ph.D., put in years of field work and become the galaxy's expert on what has to be a very well studied field - i.e. Prothean history..

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Isn't Liara actually fairly old - like in her 50s or 60s? She's just young by Asari standards, but she's had more than enough time to get a Ph.D., put in years of field work and become the galaxy's expert on what has to be a very well studied field - i.e. Prothean history..
    she's about 100 IIRC

Wrex is like, 800

• Options
    They've got 10 people trying to get at it so I have no idea how they're going to decide who gets it.

Rank the following Mass Effect characters by age, from youngest to oldest counted in Earth years.

Shepard
    Thane
    Wrex
    Liara
    Joker
    Miranda
    Anderson
    Garrus
    Jack
    Udina

oooh fun.

Joker
    Miranda
    Shepard
    Jack
    Garrus
    Anderson
    Thane
    Udina
    Liara
    Wrex

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Elendil wrote: »
    she's about 100 IIRC

Wrex is like, 800

I think she said she was 106 in Shadow Broker. Is Wrex really that old?

Edit: Ok, wiki doesn't have an exact age but people were estimating at least 300-something so yeah, he's the oldest.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Liara's 106. You guys, she's only a child.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    So, apparently they've found the first ballon. And its trapped 150ft up in a tree.

So how do they stop a random dude from just grabbing it out of the tree with his cherry picker?

Or ladder?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Wrex, I had no idea his voice had so much bass to it. My headset rumbles every time he talks.

Replaying ME1 with new characters is pretty damn fun. I had never used Wrex because I was loaded up on biotics already so watching him and Garrus be ultimate space bros together is a blast.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    she's about 100 IIRC

Wrex is like, 800

I think she said she was 106 in Shadow Broker. Is Wrex really that old?

A lot of the Krogans are ancient. I think there's a bit in the codex about how they don't die of old age, since evolution never saw a point to creating old age on the Krogan homeworld.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Isn't Wrex is something like 1000 years old? Krogans are the only race as long lived as the asari as far as I know.

• Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Speaking of Wrex, I had no idea his voice had so much bass to it. My headset rumbles every time he talks.

Replaying ME1 with new characters is pretty damn fun. I had never used Wrex because I was loaded up on biotics already so watching him and Garrus be ultimate space bros together is a blast.

Wrex & Garrus was always my favorite team in ME1 :) They were just the best. Plus Wrex usually had funny stuff to say.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    The argument could be made that Shepard is the youngest due to having died and "reborn" from the Lazurus project.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    The argument could be made that Shepard is the youngest due to having died and "reborn" from the Lazurus project.

NO.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    ages! not sorted as I checked in order of my own guess:
    Joker 2155
    Miranda 2154
    Shepard 2150
    Jack 2161
    Garrus ??
    Anderson 2137
    Thane 2146
    Udina ??
    Liara 2077
    Wrex ??

that would make the ranking go as thus without the unknown dates:
    Jack
    Joker
    Miranda
    Shepard
    Thane
    Anderson
    Liara

evilthecat on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Miranda is Shepards mother.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

Shepard
    Thane
    Wrex
    Liara
    Joker
    Miranda
    Anderson
    Garrus
    Jack
    Udina
    \

My guess(without Wiki'ing anything)

Garrus
    Jack
    Miranda
    Shepard
    Joker
    Thane
    Anderson
    Udina
    Liara
    Wrex

• Options
    evilthecat wrote: »
    ages! not sorted as I checked in order of my own guess:
    Joker 2155
    Miranda 2154
    Shepard 2150
    Jack 2161
    Garrus ??
    Anderson 2137
    Thane 2146
    Udina ??
    Liara 2077
    Wrex ??

that would make the ranking go as thus without the unknown dates:
    Jack
    Joker
    Miranda
    Shepard
    Thane
    Anderson
    Liara

Here's the ages:
    Jack - ~22-24
    Joker - ~28-30
    Shepard - ~29
    Miranda - ~34-36
    Thane - ~37-39
    Garrus - ??
    Anderson - ~46-48
    Udina - ??
    Liara - ~106-108
    Wrex - 300+

Wrex fought in a war that makes him at least 300.

that can't be right, as the wiki lists the birthdates and
    Miranda is younger than shep.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Im trying to stay clean.

is... miranda playable? My(shep's) chick is in this one right?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...no way in hell Miranda is 34.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Jack
    Garrus
    Joker
    Shepard
    Miranda
    Anderson
    Thane
    Udina
    Liara
    Wrex

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    woops!
    I mixed up miranda's and Shep's. Miranda is oooooold

• Options
    Damn...Miranda is 34...

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Damn...Miranda is 34...

I'd still hit that like you don't even know

• Options
    Damn...Miranda is 34...

36, it's 2186! :P
    That makes that one LI playthrough really awkward.

• Options
    Oh no...I was just surprised since she looks like she's 26-28 to me.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah...no way in hell Miranda is 34.
    The woman genetically designed to be perfect doesn't look her age? No way.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    I didn't realize Wrex was that old. Now I don't feel bad about shooting him in the face. He had a good life.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    This is what I came up with doing wiki searches (assuming 2185 is the "current" year, not sure if that's right but close enough):
    Jack (24)
    Joker (30)
    Shepard (31)
    Miranda (35)
    Mordin (35+)
    Garrus (??)
    Thane (39)
    Anderson (48)
    Udina (??)
    Liara (106)
    Wrex (300+?)

Apparently there are discrepencies :P

Edit: For the hell of it, I threw in Mordin. Holy shit, he's old!
    Edit2: Ok, Mordin date was wrong, fixed.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    39 seems a little young for Thane when he has an adult son. He started working at 12 and only started his family when the hanar allowed him to leave, I'd think they would try to squeeze some more years out of him.

The birthdates are sourced from the old ME2 site, which had some pretty sketchy ages like Grunt at 22 and Zaeed at 40.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    And Mordin at 50 is another sketchy age. Most Salarians don't go above 40.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Hastings still exists?! I used to work there back when I lived in podunkville. I thought they went out of business. At least, all the Hastings I ever knew about are closed now.

Edit: And John Marmaduke was the pres of that company when I worked there, as I recall. So that's the Hastings I used to work for. Maybe they don't have brick and mortar stores anymore, they're web only?

Like 10 pages late on this, but Hastings still has physical locations here in Oklahoma.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Oh no...I was just surprised since she looks like she's 26-28 to me.

According to Wikipedia, Yvonne Strahovski is currently 29, putting her in that range when ME2 was made. So that's a pretty good guess. Though, if Miranda's genetically superior, it makes sense that age wouldn't affect her as quickly as most people.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    -Tal wrote: »
    39 seems a little young for Thane when he has an adult son. He started working at 12 and only started his family when the hanar allowed him to leave, I'd think they would try to squeeze some more years out of him.

The birthdates are sourced from the old ME2 site, which had some pretty sketchy ages like Grunt at 22 and Zaeed at 40.

I'm just going off the wiki which says he was born in 2146. So I make no claim to the authenticity of that date :P Just what the wiki says. To be fair, Salarians only live to like, their 30s (again, Mordin is OLD), so Drell may have different life spans. I don't know.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Ugg stupid forum double posting...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Garrus has to still be pretty young.

I'm guessing Turians live about as long as humans(and have similar developmental phases) and Garrus sound like he's pretty green when you first meet him.

I'm guessing 21-23 in ME1 23-26 in ME2.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Mordin talked about "living out the last decade in peace" so I thought he was early-mid 30's. If he was 50 that would be like a modern human at 120, he wouldn't be fit for combat.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

I'm guessing Turians live about as long as humans(and have similar developmental phases) and Garrus sound like he's pretty green when you first meet him.

I couldn't find an exact date for him but most people seemed to agree Turians have similar life spans to humans. They also mentioned Turians go through military training from 15-30 so the general feeling was he was just slightly older than Shepard.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Yeah, Miranda specifically tells you she expects to live half again as long as most people.

Nah, he's probably older. He was in the turian military and C-Sec.