The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Falkland Islands: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Tell Argentina to STFU

1181920212224»

• Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    Really, this just provides the Islanders with one more way of proving their nationality, participating in the nearly five hundred year old British tradition of telling popes to go fuck themselves.

CasualMr RayJusticeforPlutoSalvation122Venkman90Regina FongknitdanCorehealerAndy Joe
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    There can be no talks until Argentina admits that the Falkland Islanders exist. This is probably because Argentina knows they have no case against the Brits if they do.

And the "militarization of the South Atlantic"? Well by golly, maybe the UK woukd feel the need to fortify the Falklands if you didn't invade them without justification in the 80s. Really, if Argentina though they could get away with it, they would probably do so again.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Oh now they like the idea of going to an international court to solve a problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-28587653

• KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Oh now they like the idea of going to an international court to solve a problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-28587653

The Ruffo clause seems to be key

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    I skimmed through the article but I couldn't find where this is Britain's fault. Perhaps Sean Pean will offer to buy out these bonds?

I skimmed through the article but I couldn't find where this is Britain's fault. Perhaps Sean Pean will offer to buy out these bonds?

Oddly enough not all Argentinian issues involve Britain, although if you are in a portal from the 1930s you might be right

Your sarcasm-o-meter may need a recalibration.

KalkinoCorehealer
    Your sarcasm-o-meter may need a recalibration.

Nah, I got it, I just thought that since you posted the story in a thread about but the Falklands it would pay to try and make it clear that we were not really talking about the Falklands lest we once again be swamped with discussion of such.

Synthesis
    OK this is getting pretty pathetic now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30149799

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    OK this is getting pretty pathetic now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30149799

There was a time when it wasn't?

Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
    Rhan9Captain Marcus
  • Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    When it comes to this issue, Argentina is thoroughly and completely in the wrong. That isn't going to change with bullshit rhetoric and some plaques.

steam_sig.png