As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Fiora: French fencing femme fatale frequently fights fools for fun

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Heh, so much rage when somebody uses an unusual support. Just tried a game as support Ashe and everyone on my team branded me an idiot for the duration. Sure, an idiot who can pretty much see the whole of the bottom half of the map at all times and can slow down the entire enemy team.

Now I'm trying to figure out what other weird pseudo-supports I should have a go at. Orianna?

Ori support works out pretty well, actually.

And my team never even got to the stack MR phase in the 4 AP game. : (

The Stack MR phase should have started immediately in that sort of setup :D, first time back get a null-magic mantle and keep going from there.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Heh, so much rage when somebody uses an unusual support. Just tried a game as support Ashe and everyone on my team branded me an idiot for the duration. Sure, an idiot who can pretty much see the whole of the bottom half of the map at all times and can slow down the entire enemy team.

Now I'm trying to figure out what other weird pseudo-supports I should have a go at. Orianna?

Ori support works out pretty well, actually.

And my team never even got to the stack MR phase in the 4 AP game. : (

The Stack MR phase should have started immediately in that sort of setup :D, first time back get a null-magic mantle and keep going from there.

Should have. I was Vayne, so Cass was zoning me out so very very hard. I had to grab a Wriggles' first for any last hits I could get, and meanwhile mid Morde fed LB seven kills and blaaaaagh : (

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Rami wrote: »
    RIVEN
    I haven't played Riven in awhile so I took her solo top and man, I forgot how fun she is. Need to do more single target damage? Get a BT. Need more AOE damage? Get a BT. Need more survivability? Get a BT!
    EDIT: Oh that reminds me. I hate Irelia so much. It is not that she is OP she is just so boring. She has no interesting strengths, no interesting weaknesses, just pure boring tanky dps that stays in lane forever because of hitten style and is really hard to gank so your jungler just ignores you and it is just a whole laning phase playing against this boring stupid champion. UGH.

Neaden on
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    Who counters TF? Who?

I am a terrible mid so I must play champs that have an inherent advantage over the enemy mid.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I play TF quite a bit, but mostly as AD/hybrid. I just don't like wild cards at all.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mazlo wrote: »
    Who counters TF? Who?

I am a terrible mid so I must play champs that have an inherent advantage over the enemy mid.

Xerath could outrange him. Morg, as usual, gives a negative amount of fucks.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular

Support Ashe does sound interesting. I like your moxy.

Had a game earlier today where I went Mordekaiser, but was the only person reasonably tanky on my team, so I ended up just building tons of armor and MR. Worked ok and even after I went tanky the entire enemy team would just focus me every single fight, so I would die, but my team would get the ace. Strange way to play him to be sure.

Also, every game is seems lately, someone has a God complex. I.e. screaming about what everyone else is doing is wrong, or that they will have to carry the team no matter how bad everyone else is. I am not quite adequately describing it, but essentially, without them, no one on my team would ever win a game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Word from Morello is that there's going to be a new AD Caster item coming in this patch, hopefully.

even if the 'new' item is entropy I would be happy

I assume it's either AD/Spell vamp or AD/CDR since I think they've been talking about doing that for a while now.

My bet is something that builds out of brutalizer, maybe with a BF sword.

The BFF sword.

Fixed that for ya :P

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    So this new Lulu yordle...support caster? Or is it just going to be another carry?
    I'm really hoping this is a new support caster (what with the sweet polymorph spell).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    Mazlo wrote: »
    Who counters TF? Who?

Xerath could outrange him. Morg, as usual, gives a negative amount of fucks.

Actually, Morg is a great matchup for TF. Once they both get some AP, he can two-shot an entire creep wave and then go gank. Morgs farm advantage doesnt exist against TF.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Veiger, because TF is made of paper. Sivir as well because it's incredibly easy to absorb all his shit with spellshield.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    It is hard to make TF lose a lane since he can farm from a distance real well, on the other hand he doesn't scale very well into lategame so if he doesn't get too many kills most mids will be better then him in the teamfighting stage.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

This is who i would try

Miss Fortune:
    High Damage AoE Slow with decent range.
    Lots of mobility for contesting objectives
    High Damage Ultimate even without scaling
    Good harass and counters heal lanes

Trundle:
    Pillar of Filth for trapping/escaping
    q to win fights (-20 damage for them, +20 damage for you early game is pretty big)
    ultimate to nuke enemy tank/initiator and allow easy kills

Udyr:
    Bear/Turtle udyr. 6 second CD stun and a recurring shield to stay in the fight

Rumbe:
    Electro Harpoon and then do it again, and again and again

Kennen:
    Stuns all day erry day

Lee Sin:
    Safeguard shields both people in the lane
    Cripple is a strong slow and attack speed debuff
    Ultimate is a great peel

Dr. Mundo:
    Can build HP regen/CD for cleavers and throw cleavers all day every day
    Still does damage in a fight due to e

Cho'Gath:
    3 Second Silence
    AoE Knockup
    OM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Brand:
    Enemy Health Scaling Damage on his spells
    2 second stun with well timed/placed q

Urgot:
    Attacks reduce enemy damage
    Lock On For Massive harass
    Ultimate is really good to secure kills for a gank
    High Strength Shield that makes his attack slow

Twisted Fate:
    Pick a Card (Gold Card Every Time)
    Able to proc Stacked Deck for fights without having to worry about last hitting (so long as your carry doesn't mind you putting some damage on a creep).

Malzahar:
    Space Aids and Voidlings for ridiculous harass
    3 second silence
    % HP damage on null zone
    Suppress on ultimate

Heimerdinger:
    Good Sustain thanks to passive
    Able to zone/brush control with turrets
    Stun/Blind in concussion Grenade
    Good Harass w/ w especially since he can stay further away from minions when not in a solo-lane increasing the chances of it hitting champions

Ed:
    Moakai and Sion would can also be good, but i think Moakai will be a bit weak(except for utility in teams fights due to ultimate)

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    Veiger, because TF is made of paper. Sivir as well because it's incredibly easy to absorb all his shit with spellshield.

Sivir is probably my favorite AD mid at the moment. She can clear waves pretty much instantly with a QW, deals with some harass really well with a point in spellshield, and with a manamune you can spam to your hearts content and still do stupid damage. She doesn't get crazy strong at 6 like most other mids, but she doesn't really need it.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    AD spell vamp items would make urgot a very happy crab man.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    AD spell vamp items would make urgot a very happy crab man.

AD/CDR would be pretty wizard for him too, I think his late game suffers from poor itemization because his Q is such an important part of his damage so he doesn't get nearly as much out of the typical AD carry items.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Highlight of this game:
    EZREAL: Janna you max slow first?
    ME: Yeah
    EZREAL: That's so queer
    NUNU: You should have maxed shield. It's 100% better

shutout.jpg

Rend on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    SO queer.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    uuuuugh

held off teemo/volibear bot as vayne and sona, only to lose after our jungler fed ten kills in laning

after awhile, I figure you should just stop ganking

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    ugh, just lost a game to four ap mids because nobody knew how to play conservatively

I've been thinking about doing something like this ever since I played with a duo that went Lux/Brand bot

Send Vlad/Kennen/Morg top, whoever you want mid, and either keep it going with a veiger/fiddles jungle or switch it up to a threatening late game AD jungler so they can't just stack MR like Trynd or Yi.

just curious, and its an honest question, but how the hell does veigar jungle? the only place that i can get him to the appropriate farm is a solo, his q would never get teh stacks it needs to be the guys that noone on the other team want to pop out from behind a bush... its literally something i never heard of.

Now, a support veigar that focus' on tossing O's to save foos. yeh, i've heard of that, never played it, but i can at least grasp the concept.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Jungle Veigar would have to get most of his Baleful juice from ganks, because it gives 5 AP instead of 1 when you kill a an enemy champ.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Jungle Veigar would have to get most of his Baleful juice from ganks, because it gives 5 AP instead of 1 when you kill a an enemy champ.

but how the hell do you kill the jungle creeps lvl 1-3?

• Options
    so here's yet another thing that can make Fiora's ult stutter out: Morde's shield.

also why the crap doesn't cleanse take off morde's ult

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Cleanse should have arbitrary exceptions in order to maintain balance.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Cleanse is supposed to just get rid of CC effects, anything that deals damage to you isn't cleansable, I guess they changed that with ignite (I haven't played in awhile), again, but I think it applies to everything else still

• Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You should play bottom lane Xin with a Vayne or a Graves or a Sivir or TRISTANA

You will kill the enemies a LOT.

Xin doesnt even need to support. Just go boots and 3 hp pots and destroy enemies with your AD carry

Im 2 for 2 :D

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Cleanse should have arbitrary exceptions in order to maintain balance.

It used to, then it was decided that it was stupid to negate a move that important to his kit with a summoner spell so they made it to it wouldn't cleanse ults in general. Then they divided it further by making suppression not allow you to use summoners, and they left in the "Cannot cleanse ults" clause.

I don't know if this is still the case (Pretty sure you can cleanse CC Ults that aren't suppression like sejuani's and ashe's ults) but Morde's still falls under the no cleanse rule.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Doesn't QSS remove Morde's ult?

butts
  • Options
    Jookie wrote: »
    Doesn't QSS remove Morde's ult?

Not sure, but even if it does, that's an item you have to build and use an item slot on.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    You know, changing Ashe's and Sejuani's ults from stuns to suppressions might be a good idea. It would make them stronger, but not game breakingly strong. QSS would still work, but not cleanse.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    QSS removes everything, up to and including Mordes ult. Let your carry get QSS watch Mord go cry.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ashe does not need buffs

morde ult front loads a bunch of damage so it's entirely possible the qss does nothing and you still get ghosted

Jars on
  • Options
    It's not much of a buff to Ashe unless the target happens to have cleanse, which certainly isn't common when I play.

And I'm pretty sure QSS removes the dot from Morde's ult, and he doesnt get the ghost.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ashe ult really doesn't need a buff.
    Sampsen wrote: »
    It's not much of a buff to Ashe unless the target happens to have cleanse, which certainly isn't common when I play.
    Suppression is not affected by Tenacity. It affects Merc's Treads targets.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Ashe ult really doesn't need a buff.
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Suppression is not affected by Tenacity. It affects Merc's Treads targets.

Right, I had forgotten about tenacity, and Ashe's ult is her best feature as it is.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Good god damn. I play blitz. I make fucking 80% of my pulls, every single one of them on And and Janna.

Miss Fortune goes "unable to move" in lane. I pull Ashe under our tower? Unable to convert, she stands there and we get double killed. ARRRRRRRG

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

but how the hell do you kill the jungle creeps lvl 1-3?

You need stupid hard leashes and help, it's not actually a viable thing, it's just a technically doable thing.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Soraka bot with Fiora. Fiora got low on health after a gank, went B.

Their jungle Alistar (...) charges out of the jungle at one third health, dives me under the tower. Dies. Free kill for me. I just go o_O and proceed.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    echo beat me to having a lulu avatar and now i can't do it cause i'd be copying : (

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    kill echo and steal his power

This discussion has been closed.