As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 68 - Ni!

1234568Β»

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    caliber wrote: Β»
    Seductress from Badlands to Troll Country.

0/6 PP.
    I didn't see that that made three seductresses in Troll Country until the updated map after I rolled. Is anyone okay with me redoing my last 3 PP?

Rolls below, not that anything would change or they would be more or less useful.
    Norsca: 1d6o6h4 1 hit, 1 acolyte.

The Squeaky Empire: 3d6o6h4 1 hit, 1 leper.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• BoardGamerBoardGamer Registered User regular
    2 hit in Estalia.
    kill 2 Slaanesh cultist.
    +2VP, +DAC

• OverhamsterenOverhamsteren CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Seductress from Badlands to Troll Country.

0/6 PP.
    I didn't see that that made three seductresses in Troll Country until the updated map after I rolled. Is anyone okay with me redoing my last 3 PP?

That is up to the other guys, mostly caliber I guess.

make art until someone dies
  • calibercaliber Registered User regular
    I hate to be a hard ass but denying you domination in Troll Country was one reason I moved up there...

2 hit in Estalia.
    kill 2 Slaanesh cultist.
    +2VP, +DAC

Brother! Can't you see it's Tzeentch who opposes you, not I? I'm just trying to have a good time!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I hate to be a hard ass but denying you domination in Troll Country was one reason I moved up there...

Aww well I guess that's fair, although if it was face to face I wouldn't have had to do map updates in my head and would not have lost the game. Meh. I'm dumb.

38thDoE on steam

• mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Aww well I guess that's fair, although if it was face to face I wouldn't have had to do map updates in my head and would not have lost the game. Meh. I'm dumb.

On the bright side, unlike a face to face game you often have hours to plan your move... so it balances out.

mi-go hunter on
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    edited March 2012
    Round 4 Corruption Phase:
    game68state381.png
    http://appliednerditry.com/chaos/gameboard.php?game=68
    Skavengers - Place one Skaven token in each of The Badlands and The Border Princes. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, the player with the smallest Threat score places one Skaven token in any region where there is at least one Warpstone token, unless there are no Warpstone tokens in play.

The Grail Is Found - Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in Bretonnia and one Event token in any single region adjacent to Bretonnia. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, all corruption tokens are removed from every region where there is at least one Event token.

Troll Country
    Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    Grey Seer - 1 - When you play this card, immediately summon two Cultists to this region.

The Empire:
    Ultimate Plague - 3 - During the end phase, leave this card in its current card space if you placed at least one corruption token in this region during this round. Otherwise, remove this card.
    Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.

Bretonnia:
    (M) Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.
    Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.
    (M) Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.

Estalia:
    Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.
    (M) Convocation - 1 - When you play this card, you may move up to three of your figures from any region on the board to this region.

Telia:
    Doomwheel - 1 - If you dominate this region, score three victory points.

The Border Princes:
    Rapturous Excess - 1 - When you play this card, score one victory point for each Noble, Hero, and Peasant token in this region.
    (M) Screaming Bell - 3 - Reduce the cost of this card by one for each Skaven token already in this region. If there is not a Skaven token in this region, place one.

Norsca:
    1CT
    1VP, 1DAC

Troll Country:
    1CT
    3CT, 2DAC

Kislev: Ruined

The Empire:
    2CT, 1DAC
    5VP, 1DAC

Bretonnia: ruins
    3CT, 4VP
    4VP
    3VP, 2CT, 1DAC, 4VP
    1CT, 4VP
    4VP

Move clanrat?

Overhamsteren on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    No pause to see if HR wants to move his Clan Rat through The Under Empire?

edited March 2012
    to come

Overhamsteren on
    No pause to see if HR wants to move his Clan Rat through The Under Empire?

Ooops, so yeah Horned Rat can move his Clanrat after Bretonnia ruins.

Move clanrat to Estalia.

38thDoE on steam

• Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Estalia: ruins
    4VP (1 CT in Bretonnia because of FF), 5 CT, 1 DAC, 5 VP (ruiner)
    2CT, 5VP(ruiner)
    5VP(ruiner)

Move clanrat?

Gorden858 on
    Clan rat stays in estalia.

38thDoE on steam

edited March 2012
    Move clanrat to Estalia.

Darian's personal Unofficial FAQ
    21. The Under Empire -- are the figures moved before or after the ruination bonus VP are awarded for being present in the region? (Essentially, if HR moves all his figures out, does he still get the ruination bonus? I know he won't be eligible for 1st/2nd place if he uses this.)
    Also, are regions with a Skaven token considered adjacent to all other regions, or just to other regions containing Skaven tokens?
    [FAQ - Timing of this happens after the contributing bonus for presence, so that the same rat can take part in more than one ruination.
    My ruling - Regions containing Skaven are adjacent to each other, not to all regions.]

@38thDoe, don't move clanrat from Troll Country to Estalia.

BoardGamer on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    It's not moving from Troll Country; nothing's moving from Troll Country, since Skitterleap won't go off. It's moving from Bretonnia when Bretonnia ruins.

It's not moving from Troll Country; nothing's moving from Troll Country, since Skitterleap won't go off. It's moving from Bretonnia when Bretonnia ruins.

Oops, I understand it. :winky:

Sry for the delay, lets finish up :)

Round 4 Corruption Phase:
    game68state381.png
    Skavengers - Place one Skaven token in each of The Badlands and The Border Princes. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, the player with the smallest Threat score places one Skaven token in any region where there is at least one Warpstone token, unless there are no Warpstone tokens in play.

The Grail Is Found - Remove all Event tokens from the board and remove any Old World cards bearing the Twin-tailed Comet icon from the Old World track. Then, place one Event token in Bretonnia and one Event token in any single region adjacent to Bretonnia. - In the end phase when Old World cards are resolved, all corruption tokens are removed from every region where there is at least one Event token.

Troll Country
    Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.
    Grey Seer - 1 - When you play this card, immediately summon two Cultists to this region.

The Empire:
    Ultimate Plague - 3 - During the end phase, leave this card in its current card space if you placed at least one corruption token in this region during this round. Otherwise, remove this card.
    Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.

Bretonnia:
    (M) Warp Shock - 1 - Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value.
    Bloodbath - 0 - Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.
    (M) Havoc - 2 - Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.

Estalia:
    Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.
    (M) Convocation - 1 - When you play this card, you may move up to three of your figures from any region on the board to this region.

Telia:

The Border Princes:
    Rapturous Excess - 1 - When you play this card, score one victory point for each Noble, Hero, and Peasant token in this region.
    (M) Screaming Bell - 3 - Reduce the cost of this card by one for each Skaven token already in this region. If there is not a Skaven token in this region, place one.

Norsca:
    1CT
    1VP, 1DAC

Troll Country:
    1CT
    3CT, 2DAC

Kislev: Ruined

The Empire:
    2CT, 1DAC
    5VP, 1DAC

Bretonnia: ruins
    3CT, 4VP
    4VP
    3VP, 2CT, 1DAC, 4VP
    1CT, 4VP
    4VP

Clanrat Moves to Estalia

Estalia: ruins
    4VP, 5CT, 1DAC, 5VP
    1CT in Bretonnia, 1CT in Telia

2CT, 5VP
    5VP

Telia:
    2VP, 3VP, 1DAC

The Border Princes:
    3VP, 1DAC

The Badlands: Ruined

edited March 2012
    Round 4 End Phase:
    game68state392.png

Troll Country

The Empire:

Bretonnia:

Estalia:

Telia:

The Border Princes:

Remove all Chaos Cards: Ultimate Plague stays

Resolve Old World Cards:

-Khorne to place a Skaven Token in any region where there is at least one Warpstone token

-Grail Knights remove all corruption in Bretonnia and Estalia.

game68state41.png

Score Ruined Regions:

Bretonnia:
    No Corruption.

Estalia:
    11VP
    No 2nd ruiner.

Threat Dials:
    Draw 2 Chaos Cards
    Remove 2 Corruption
    Upgrade
    Upgrade
    Summon Rat Ogre
    Upgrade

Game Ends With a Horned Rat Victory on 55VP!

Overhamsteren on
    The End
    game68state42.png

A bit of a weird ending there with the Grail Knights, I didn't fully understand what would happen(especially with the Horned Rat) until halfway through the round so kept it to myself after that, I hope it wasn't too anti-climatic and that you had fun playing. :)

Grats to 38thDoe on the victory!

edited March 2012
    O_o Unexpected ending. O_o

Thanks for hosting Overhamsteren.
    Congratulate 38thDoe.

BoardGamer on
    Thanks, I really didn't see that win coming until I remembered how grail worked. Then I was worried about Estalia not ruining, and I calculated I could hit exactly 50 VP if I dominated everything else.

38thDoE on steam

• Gorden858Gorden858 Registered User regular
    o_O Hmm, didn't see that coming either... Right until now I was really happy about how the battle phase went and was already planning my next turn. Since nobody mentioned anything I guess the Rat and Overhamsteren were the only ones remembering that ruling.

But the win doesn't go undeserved, that was a really nice HR performance. Actually everybody performed very well, maybe except Slaanesh but that might be partially my fault ;-). But I should have expected that with the massive amount of time you have for planning. I sometimes brooded half a day over my next turn and still regretted it some hours later. It was a really exciting and fun experience and I hope to get into a new game very soon.

So Congrats to 38thDoe for the win and thanks to Overhamsteren for hosting and the rest of you for a relly nice game of CitOW. I hope to meet you again on the field of battle and scheming soon.

• CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    GG all, was a really interesting one to follow.
    I spoke to Overhamsteren about the Grail after people started trying to ruin those regions. Was a harsh end to some good scheming for many of you.
    Yay, a HR victory!

Thanks very much for hosting Overhamsteren!

38thDoE on steam

GG everyone. Now I feel less bad about not letting you take that move back Doe! :P

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Exciting ending; nicely done, 38thDoe