As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Emily Partridge Appreciation Station

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    call it... Alien McBeal

• BosskingBossking Commander President Kingdom of CastlefortRegistered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Actually, a sci-fi series where there's no interplanetary war, just interplanetary legal proceedings would be kind of interesting.

Call it...

Questionable Content.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I think it's pretty impressive that QC has made near-future space station antics far more humdrum and everyday boring than 2001, which purposefully went out of its way to make space stations seem an ordinary workplace.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Actually, a sci-fi series where there's no interplanetary war, just interplanetary legal proceedings would be kind of interesting.

Wasn't that a volume of She-Hulk?

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Menage a 3rd Rock from the Sun?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    cherryh's alliance/union novels are like that

it's more interplanetary tension than interplanetary war

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    ch05_36.jpg

2012-02-27-Guilded%20Age%20ch15%20pg%2012%20copy.jpg

edited February 2012
    I wonder how he decides which faces to draw eye slits on.

Also, I suppose I might be slow on this particular draw, but I just watched that Breaking Dawn rifftrax, and the shirtless werewolf guy fell in love with a baby with terrifying CG eyes. So that's a thing that happened.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    20120227-robotthatscreams.png

statler on
    qy85xdkddou7.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Atheraal wrote: »
    hey Ronnie, have you ever read Ryushika Ryushika? i recall you mentioning that you liked Yotsuba&, and it's pretty similar;
    fvfsk3.jpg

Thanks! Definitely checking it out. I love manga about funny kids

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Somebody please explain how we're this deep in Space QC, yet nothing legitimately interesting has happened yet.

when was the last time something legitimately interesting happened in QC ever

When was the last time you paid money for this? Cause ya know, complaining about something should be reserved for things you actually invested something into besides the time it takes to follow a link every day.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    here we go

EzUAYcn.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

azith28 wrote: »
    Somebody please explain how we're this deep in Space QC, yet nothing legitimately interesting has happened yet.

when was the last time something legitimately interesting happened in QC ever

When was the last time you paid money for this? Cause ya know, complaining about something should be reserved for things you actually invested something into besides the time it takes to follow a link every day.

shouldn't you be following your own advice here

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    hahahahahahahhahaha

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

Sorta reminds me of Babylon 5

of course, that had some wars and rumors of wars

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    oh jeez

• HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Star Wars proves something can be sci-fantasy rather than a more technologically based sci-fi. Maybe it's time for sci-crime drama. Maybe some sci-breaking bad where they make a drug called 'white nebula'

• AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    chasing the wormhole

tripping the rift
    "I spacewon."

Atheraal on
    I think every major television drama genre deserves a "The Wire" style treatment.

Most of the war is not spent fighting the enemy, but the bureaucracy.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    a future society of robots that keep humans around because of their ability to make a machine drug

cue a story about interactions between the mass robot society and the human remnants

Miss me? Find me on:

rfilyaw wrote: »
    Star Wars proves something can be sci-fantasy rather than a more technologically based sci-fi. Maybe it's time for sci-crime drama. Maybe some sci-breaking bad where they make a drug called 'white nebula'

I always felt Dune was like that, technology so advanced it was like magic. While reading it I would have to remind myself it was a Sci-Fi series not a fantasy series.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Crap edit by remote desktopping to my home pc
    arimedit.png

Ah crap, there's a thread for these specifically aren't there... hurummrurm

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    fantasy frustrates the hell out of me these days

Miss me? Find me on:

Advocate wrote: »

I always felt Dune was like that, technology so advanced it was like magic. While reading it I would have to remind myself it was a Sci-Fi series not a fantasy series.

Really? The first Dune book was almost entirely about the ecology of the planet, and how it functioned as an ecosystem.

Dubh wrote: »

Terry Pratchett is pretty much the only tolerable fantasy I'm even aware of. Well George Martin's alright I spose.

Jit5P.png

this was a result in a search for "dune webcomic"

you're welcome

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    fantasy is fun!

AmhikLoCIAAn9bZ.jpg
    Watercolored Utena by Mike Maihack <3

Dubh wrote: »

yeah it was my favorite genre as a teen

and then I realized that the genre requirement of cranking out an 800+ page / three volume epic saga every few years made for some pretty predictable and horribly written story telling

Rolo you motherfuck.

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    What's an Utena

edited February 2012
    fantasy is fun!

I like it well enough

but I'm picky as hell, these days

too many stale fantasy settings on the bookshelves

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

A revolutionary girl.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    wow, the main character looks exactly like his mom to the point where he looks female.

Rolo wrote: »
    Advocate wrote: »

Really? The first Dune book was almost entirely about the ecology of the planet, and how it functioned as an ecosystem.

I felt more that way about the later books in the series, seeing into the future, bringing people back to life, God Emperors, lots of crazy stuff. Maybe I just haven't read enough sci-fi?

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    She doesn't seem that revolutionary

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fantasy is good when people realise that it is a genre of which the lifeblood is imagination, and that using everything Tolkein did but with new names is not imaginative (plus he nicked it all from Norse mythology anyway). Maybe use some other ancient mythology as inspiration? Perhaps a fantasy setting based on the ancient Persian mythologies, instead of another faux-polytheistic setting.

Also Fantasy is good when it realises that not everything has to be a rambling million book long epic about the end of the world. Looking at you, Wheel of Time, you pile of shit.

Amen, Solar

make sure you add Terry Goodkind to your hatelist

motherfuck's just as bad

Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.