As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CYOA] KaT : The Epoch of the Kaiser Tanks

1101112131416»

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    No worries Ender, I was kind of expecting this. There was a LOT of math going on, and everyone kept missing stuff. You, me and everyone else. May I ask what part of it took the most time/effort? Perhaps there is still some way of salvaging this. For an example, perhaps you could offload some of the work on me and I'd become co-host? I understand this might not be feasible or that you are at the point where you are just feeling like FUCK THIS and want to start over with a clean slate.

I don't think there was any one particular thing that took more time, other than the combat, and honestly I enjoy rolling on combat charts so much that I could do it all day (...or almost. Fuck me, that one combat I totally burnt myself out on).

There was just too much stuff. Dozens of officers, between the KaT crew and NPC factions, heaps of different resources going into dozens of tasks at once, location checks, etc.

I'm not at the "FUCK THIS STUPID SHIT I WANNA BURN THE EARTH," stage yet, but a lot of the materials are a work-in-progress so co-hosting would probably be infeasible. Besides that, I'd like to try and take the better parts of this and try to craft something else that can be reasonably run by one person; a few ideas cropped-up while I was running it that I'd really like to try out, and you guys gave me some more during feedback.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm glad to hear that, perhaps fleshing out the npc factions less would work too? Decide their actions more on the fly and just GM-fiat stuff when it isn't important?
    Talking about your next game here btw :)

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    No problem Ender. Loved the description you putting into the battles, felt you really put in the world building. But we all saw how much it was growing, and you are but one man.

Thanks so much for running the game in the first place, it was great.

Really liked weighing the pro/con of further research and discovering the value of each new location. Didn't like how we couldn't judge much of the power units had against each other until first battle.

Maybe having a max number of units, but with upgrades through research/battle would lessen some of the headaches. Although that may be too Pokemon.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Well we kinda could, the units we put out and the units the enemies put out were the same. The only real wildcard were our titans.
    Or, that is how it felt to me.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Well, again thanks for running this. I really enjoyed it.

If i may make a request (and only if you feel like it) can we get the closure of going down in a blaze of glory ala butch and sundance.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Looking at this, what really needs to happen in order for it to be viable long term, is you need a computer to do all the math and keep track of it for you. Have an interface for creating factions, so if you want a new faction, you set up the details once and then it will automagically pump out units as requested, perform actions etc- and if you want to tweak it or override you can feel free to do so.

Let the computer handle all the calculations, resource allocations, combat rolls and such... You would more just be an overseeing body who would sanity check all the actions that each NPC faction is going to perform and tweak things if you think something is out of whack. You could even have it spit out the list of choices each turn, or better yet provide a link for players to put in their votes so that they could then copy/paste the result into the forums here (to prevent shenanigans of people voting multiple times secretly).

That way you could have dozens of factions, lots of resources, and more choices... And the difficulty level wouldn't scale up quite so fast for you as host.

@Infidel has done things like this for various phallas, and while I'm sure he won't do this for you, he might be able to provide you with some tips...

• Options
    jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    Thanks for running this, it's been a blast.

I have to agree with El Skid. Unless you really scale things back, the only way to stay sane as host of something like this is to automate as much as you can. I'm not sure how best to go about something like that, but I've always wanted to make a game, and if it'd allow me to spend all day collossinating I'd gladly sink a lot of time into figuring it out :).

Btw, what exactly were the NPC factions doing from round to round? It's probably one aspect you could scale back without having too much impact on the game as seen from the player side.

• Options
    Some really well-written excel sheets might do enough of the work.

• Options
    They could probably handle things other than combat, yes. I'd prefer it calculated everything and even output the results into the desired format, ready for posting, but maybe that's just me :).

• Options
    edited March 2012
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiSIfP4955EydEZESnpWRVByRUtOR1prWGpORlBvSWc

I suppose something as simple as this would handle some of the turn-by-turn accounting. There's still a lot of things to enter per engineer (and some bugs to work out ...).

jurner on
  • Options
    WubWub Registered User regular
    I'm sad to see this game ending, but I understand why you need to pull the plug. Thanks for giving it a shot, I had a blast!
    I would pay buckets of money to see this as a pc game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @The Ender Sorry to see it died, fancy posting your thoughts on how you put it together and where you went wrong in here?

I'd be really interesting to know what was going on behind the scenes here and I quite like people who've tried to run these games sharing their thoughts for future games (to avoid people falling into our own pitfalls)

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Random Ballot Selection Roll: 4

@rockrnger's ballot is selected.
    PHASE 2 : IMPRESSION

AWARE Update:

Captain,

Examiner Deckard Jenner has expended 12 CPU to complete the decompression of fabrications templates for the Betelgeuse-Type Thermobaric Weapon Armory. It is now available for construction.
    Subsystem - Betelgeuse-Type Thermobaric Weapon Armory

All Officer-Caste Primate Assassins gain the following trait:

Conventional Weapon - Thermobaric Grenades: This Assassin re-rolls a failed assassination attempt.

Assassin DRACO has dispatched reconnaissance probes to harvest intelligence from 'Eagle' USN Carrier Strike Group.

Data profits:
    75% chance to obtain intelligence: SUCCESS
    Assassin: William Pereira

Competent Assassin: 50% chance to succeed in assassination attempts, 25% chance to survive failed assassination attempts.

Unknown Special Trait

Unknown Special Trait

Current Activity: Unknown

75% chance to obtain intelligence: SUCCESS

Competent Assassin: 50% chance to succeed in assassination attempts, 25% chance to survive failed assassination attempts.

Consumate Professional: Re-roll any failed assassination attempt and any failed survival check.

Exceptional Patience: Assassination attempts from this Assassin may not be redirected or foiled.

75% chance to obtain intelligence: FAILURE

Architect Ryker Kincaid has expended 25 Alloys and 10 Fuel to construct a Cruise Missile Suite subsystem. It has been installed in Partition Block F-A.
    All Officer-Caste Primate Negotiators gain the following trait:

Homing Beacon: After interacting with any character, there is a 25% chance that 5d100 losses are inflicted to a random army within that character's faction.

Negotiator CYCLOPS has initiated an Invasive Cortex Scan against 'Raccoon' USN Carrier Strike Group.

Data profits:
    25% chance to kill Unknown Chief-Executive: FAILURE
    75% chance to obtain intelligence against Unknown Chief-Executive: SUCCESS
    Chief-Executive: David O'Neil

Competent Leader: 50% chance to add 100 strength to all idle armies each turn, 25% chance to create a new army with 100 strength each turn (up to a maximum of 12 armies).

High Security Protocols: 75% chance to avoid being killed by a successful assassination attempt.

Hulk Project: This faction's Commander gains the 'Hulk' Bipedal Combat Platform trait.

25% chance to kill Unknown Vice-Executive: SUCCESS
    Unknown Vice-Executive is slain.

25% chance to kill Unknown Assassin: FAILURE
    75% chance to obtain intelligence against Unknown Assassin: FAILURE

25% chance to kill Unknown Assassin: FAILURE
    75% chance to obtain intelligence against Unknown Assassin: SUCCESS
    Assassin: Albert Jenkins

Exceptional Assassin: 75% chance to succeed in assassination attempts, 50% chance to survive failed assassination attempts.

Thorough: 25% chance that if a successful assassination attempt from this Assassin is redirected, the intended target will be killed regardless.

Current Activity: Attempting to assassinate Examiner Deckard Jenner

25% chance to kill Unknown Commander: FAILURE
    75% chance to obtain intelligence against Unknown Commander: SUCCESS
    Commander: Callie Lane

Competent Commander: Leads armies with a single attached flank. Commits to attacks once total available forces number 10,000 or more.

Combat Veteran: An army led by a Commander with this trait re-rolls any casualty dice against the opposing force with a value of less than 50 and keeps the highest result.

'Hulk' Bipedal Combat Platform: An army led by a Commander with this trait does not take casualties from opposing force flanks and does ignores the special division activations of opposing force flanks. This Commander gains the Abomination trait and the Mechanical trait.

Abomination: If this Commander leads an army against an opposing force that is not also led by an Abomination, it inflicts 10d100 losses at the beginning of combat to the opposing force. If this Commander leads an army against an opposing force that is led by an Abomination, it will engage that Abomination in a duel. This Commander can only be assassinated by a character with an Exotic Weapon trait.

Mechanical: This Commander is vulnerable to special divisions & traits that are triggered by Mechanical targets.

60 alloys were fabricated via conventional mining operations.

SYSTEM STATUS
    FORWARD PARTITIONS

Permanent Integration: 'Slayer' Siege Cannon Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Megresistor Ablative Tiles Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Microton Hive Fully Operational

Subsystem Module: Cruise Missile Suite Fully Operational
    Vacant Partition Block F-B
    Vacant Partition Block F-C
    Vacant Partition Block F-D

RIGHT PARTITIONS

Permanent Integration: Heavy Treads Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Probe Projection Battery Fully Operational
    Vacant Partition Block R-A
    Vacant Partition Block R-B

LEFT PARTITIONS

Permanent Integration: Heavy Treads Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Psychoformatting Clinic Fully Operational
    Vacant Partition Block L-A
    Vacant Partition Block L-B

REAR PARTITIONS

Permanent Integration: UniCore Processor Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Vehicular Colossus Incubator Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Android Crew Printer Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Pandemic Generation Vat Fully Operational

SPINAL PARTITIONS

Permanent Integration: Thermal Hyperbore Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Super Conveyance Fuel Injection System Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Zettassembler Bay Fully Operational
    Unique Module: Threat Assessment Database Fully Operational

CREW

General Personnel: 104 Team Units
    No Change

Android Cew: 114 Team Units
    No Change

RESOURCES

Alloys: (99+60-25) 134
    Thermal Hyperbore, 10d6: 29 Alloys
    Deep Bore Excavation Drone, 5d6: 20 Alloys
    Deep Bore Excavation Drone, 5d6: 11 Alloys
    Subsystem – Cruise Missile Suite: -25 Alloys

Fuel: (146-10) 136
    Subsystem – Cruise Missile Suite: -10 Fuel

CPU: (27+8-12) 23
    UniCore Processor, 2d6: 2
    BioCore Den, 2d6: 6
    Decompress Betelgeuse-Type Thermobaric Weapon Armory: -12

Ingress: (18+9+4) 31
    Heavy Treads, 2d6: 9
    Super Conveyance Fuel Injection System, 1d6: 4

CABINET
    Architect: Ryker Kincaid, Officer-Caste Primate

Zettassembler Access: Whenever this Architect creates a special division, there is a 75% chance that a duplicate special division is created.
    Materials Specialization – Aerospace Engineering: 25% chance that an army printed by this architect of 1,000 strength or better will have a random decompressed aircraft special division added for free.

Labor Incentive Coils: 10% chance each turn that 50 General Personnel are killed by this Architect. All projects with a labor cost that are assigned to this architect have those costs halved. When this architect prints an army, each Team Unit spent to form the army adds 40 strength instead of 20.

Negotiator: CYCLOPS, Psychostorm Mass
    Ever Starving: 25% chance each turn that 50 General Personnel are killed by this Negotiator.

Brightly Burning: 10% chance each turn that this Negotiator vanishes.

Abomination: This Negotiator can only be assassinated by a character with an Exotic Weapon trait.

Examiner: Deckard Jenner, Officer-Caste Primate
    No traits.

Commander: ORION, War-Caste Vehicular Colossus
    Ever Thirsting: 25% chance each turn that 50 fuel is consumed by this Commander.

Sire Warchild: 25% chance each turn that 3d6 alloys and 3d6 fuel are consumed by this Commander and a random Warchild special character is created. The Warchild is a Mechanical Abomination and will attempt to assassinate a random extraterrestrial character each turn. Sire Warchild will not activate if there are already 2 active Warchild characters.

Devourer of Treads: 90% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army led by this Commander will eliminate a random heavy vehicle special division within the opposing force.

Unstoppable Menace: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army led by this Commander will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by an opposing force.

Abomination: If this Commander leads an army against an opposing force that is not also led by an Abomination, it inflicts 10d100 losses at the beginning of combat to the opposing force. If this Commander leads an army against an opposing force that is led by an Abomination, it will engage that Abomination in a duel. This Commander can only be assassinated by a character with an Exotic Weapon trait.

Mechanical: This Commander is vulnerable to special divisions & traits that are triggered by Mechanical targets.

Assassin: DRACO, Rail-Caste Vehicular Colossus
    Ever Thirsting: 25% chance each turn that 50 fuel is consumed by this Assassin.

Wrong Side of the Tracks: Any assassin that attempts to kill a character from this Assassin's cabinet (if they are part of a cabinet) is killed. Wrong Side of the Tracks will also kill assassins who normally cannot be killed as a result of a failed assassination.

Exotic Weapon – Runaway Train: This Assassin has a 75% chance to succeed in any assassination attempt. If this Assassin succeeds in an assassination attempt, a random additional character from the cabinet of the targeted character (if they are part of a cabinet) is also killed. A failed assassination attempt cannot result in the death of this Assassin.

Abomination: This Assassin can only be assassinated by a character with an Exotic Weapon trait.

ADMINISTRATED ASSETS
    Lobe Processing Station
    Infantry Specialization – Shock Troops: 75% chance that any army you print of 500 strength or better will have a 'Torch' Stormtrooper Heavy Infantry special division added for free.

'Torch' Stormtrooper, Heavy Infantry

Shock Troops: If an army with this special division defeats an opposing force, they will inflict twice the number of casualties they normally would.

Pegasus Air Strip
    Aircraft Specialization – Piston Interceptors: 75% chance that any army you print of 1000 strength or better will have a 'Fang' Energy Fighter Interceptor Aircraft special division added for free.

'Fang' Energy Fighter, Interceptor Aircraft

Boom & Zoom: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random aircraft special division within the opposing force.

Strafe: If an army with this special division has air superiority, it inflicts 5d100 losses at the beginning of combat to the opposing force.

Piston Aircraft: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that has an Interceptor Aircraft special division with the Supersonic Aircraft trait, this special division is ignored.

Mechanical:This special division is vulnerable to special divisions & traits that are triggered by Mechanical targets.

Sirius Factory Compound
    Vehicle Specialization – Super Heavy Tanks: 25% chance that any army you print of 1000 strength or better will have a 'Beast' Super Heavy Tank Heavy Vehicle special division added for free.

'Beast' Super Heavy Tank, Heavy Vehicle

Tank Destroyer: 75% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random heavy vehicle special division within the opposing force.

HEAT Shells: 90% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random light vehicle special division within the opposing force.

Unstoppable Menace: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by an opposing force.

Mechanical:This special division is vulnerable to special divisions & traits that are triggered by Mechanical targets.

Osirus Mass Manufacturing Complex
    Vehicle Specialization – Main Battle Tanks: 50% chance that any army you print of 1000 strength or better will have a 'Morbid' Main Battle Tank Heavy Vehicle special division added for free.

'Morbid' Main Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle

Armor Spearhead: An army with this special division rolls an extra 1d100 per 100 strength when inflicting casualties.

Iron Fist: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that does not have a heavy vehicle special division, they will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by the opposing force.

BioCore Den Mira
    Super Computer:This asset adds 2d6 CPU resources each turn to your resource pool.

Parallel Processing: 25% chance whenever a template is decompressed that another random known template is also decompressed.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    ARMIES
    MEDUSA Combat Group: 1000 Strength
    'Watcher' Rear Guard, Light Infantry (x3)

Stiff Resistance: An army with this special division may ignore 1 die result of 50 or less when an opposing force rolls for casualties against it.

'Torch' Stormtrooper, Heavy Infantry (x1)

Shock Troops: If an army with this special division defeats an opposing force, they will inflict twice the number of casualties they normally would.[/i]

'Thunder' Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Light Vehicle (x1)

TOW Missiles: 50% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random heavy vehicle special division within the opposing force.

Mechanized Infantry: An army with this special division ignores an opposing force's Iron Fist and Armored Spearhead traits.

KRAKEN Combat Group: 1000 Strength
    'Corvus' Attack Helicopter, Gunship Aircraft (x2)

Death From Above: If an army with this special division has air superiority, each vehicle special division in the opposing force at the beginning of a battle has a 25% chance of being eliminated (a separate roll is made for each vehicle special division.

'Su-27' Air Superiority Fighter, Interceptor Aircraft (x2)

Active Radar Missiles: An army with this special division has a 25% chance to eliminate each aircraft special division in the opposing force at the beginning of a battle (a separate roll is made for each aircraft special division).

Supersonic Aircraft: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that has any Interceptor Aircraft special divisions with the Piston Aircraft trait, the opposing Piston Aircraft special divisions are ignored.

'Avalanche' Compact Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle (x1)

HEAT Shells: 90% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random light vehicle special division within the opposing force.

Iron Fist: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that does not have a heavy vehicle special division, they will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by the opposing force.

MINOTAUR Combat Group: 1000 Strength
    'Morbid' Main Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle (x2)

Armor Spearhead: An army with this special division rolls an extra 1d100 per 100 strength when inflicting casualties.

Iron Fist: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that does not have a heavy vehicle special division, they will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by the opposing force.[/i]

Mechanical: This special division is vulnerable to special divisions & traits that are triggered by Mechanical targets.

'Brutal' SAM Platform, Light Vehicle (x2)

Active Radar Missiles: An army with this special division has a 25% chance to eliminate each aircraft special division within the opposing force at the beginning of a battle (a separate roll is made for each aircraft special division).

'Beast' Super Heavy Tank, Heavy Vehicle (x1)

Tank Destroyer: 75% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random heavy vehicle special division within the opposing force.

Unstoppable Menace: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by an opposing force.[/i]

UNASSIGNED SPECIAL DIVISIONS
    'Watcher' Rear Guard, Light Infantry: 15 Available

Stiff Resistance: An army with this special division may ignore 1 die result of 50 or less when an opposing force rolls for casualties against it.

'Torch' Stormtrooper, Heavy Infantry: 20 Available
    Shock Troops: If an army with this special division defeats an opposing force, they will inflict twice the number of casualties they normally would.[/i]

'Thunder' Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Light Vehicle: 7 Available
    TOW Missiles: 50% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random heavy vehicle special division within the opposing force.

Mechanized Infantry: An army with this special division ignores an opposing force's Iron Fist and Armored Spearhead traits.

'Brutal' SAM Platform, Light Vehicle: 6 Available
    Active Radar Missiles: An army with this special division has a 25% chance to eliminate each aircraft special division within the opposing force at the beginning of a battle (a separate roll is made for each aircraft special division).

'Avalanche' Compact Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle: 2 Available

'Morbid' Main Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle: 6 Available

Iron Fist: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that does not have a heavy vehicle special division, they will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by the opposing force.[/i]

Mechanical: This special division is vulnerable to special divisions & traits that are triggered by Mechanical targets.

'Beast' Super Heavy Tank, Heavy Vehicle: 2 Available

Unstoppable Menace: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by an opposing force.[/i]

'Fang' Energy Fighter, Interceptor Aircraft: 5 Available
    Boom & Zoom: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army with this special division will eliminate a random aircraft special division within the opposing force.

Strafe: If an army with this special division has air superiority, it inflicts 5d100 losses at the beginning of combat to the opposing force.

Piston Aircraft: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that has an Interceptor Aircraft special division with the Supersonic Aircraft trait, this special division is ignored.[/i]

'Corvus' Attack Helicopter, Gunship Aircraft: 5 Available
    Death From Above: If an army with this special division has air superiority, each vehicle special division in the opposing force at the beginning of a battle has a 25% chance of being eliminated (a separate roll is made for each vehicle special division.

'Su-27' Air Superiority Fighter, Interceptor Aircraft: 2 Available
    Active Radar Missiles: An army with this special division has a 25% chance to eliminate each aircraft special division in the opposing force at the beginning of a battle (a separate roll is made for each aircraft special division).

Supersonic Aircraft: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that has any Interceptor Aircraft special divisions with the Piston Aircraft trait, the opposing Piston Aircraft special divisions are ignored.

TEMPLATE DECOMPRESSION

Available Templates:
    1a. Special Division - Juggernaut-Class Mechanical Exoskeleton: 24 CPU Points
    'Juggernaut' Exoskeleton, Heavy Infantry

1b. Special Division - Vulture-Class Rapid Insertion Disks: 24 CPU Points
    'Vulture' Rapid Insertion Disk, Support Aircraft

Deep Deployment: If an army with this special division has air superiority or air parity, it adds 1d100 to it's total strength at the beginning of a battle. Any of this additional strength not taken as casualties is removed at the end of the battle.

2a. Subsystem Upgrade - Kraken Shell Ordnance: 24 CPU Points
    All Officer-Caste Primate Commanders gain the following trait:

Kraken Shells: An army led by this Commander has a 25% chance to eliminate up to 2 vehicle special divisions within the opposing force at the beginning of a battle (a separate roll is made for each vehicle special division).

2b. Special Division - Savage-Class Mobile Rocket Artillery: 48 CPU Points
    'Savage' Rocket Artillery, Light Vehicle

Steel Rain: An army with this special division inflicts 5d100 addition losses when rolling for casualties against the opposing force.

3. Special Division - Wolf-Class Transport Helicopter: 12 CPU Points
    'Wolf' Transport Helicopter, Support Aircraft

4a. Subsystem Upgrade - Betelgeuse-Type Thermobaric Weapon Armory: 6 CPU Points

Conventional Weapon - Thermobaric Grenades: This Assassin re-rolls a failed assassination attempt.

4b. Subsystem Upgrade – Adder-Type Assassin Academy: 12 CPU Points

Adder: This Assassin has a 50% chance to succeed in any assassination attempt. A failed assassination attempt has a 25% chance to result in the death of this Assassin.

5. Subsystem Upgrade – Neural Co-Processors: 24 CPU Points
    Contributes 2d6 CPU per turn to your resource pool.

6. Subsystem Upgrade – Scorpion-Type Infiltration Droid Deck: 12 CPU Points

Neurotoxin Delivery: This Negotiator lowers the Conviction of any character they interact with by 25% for the duration of the interaction.

AVAILABLE SECTORS OF INGRESS

A. Medusa Detainment Camp - 17 Ingress Points

B. Rail Yard Shiva - 17 Ingress Points

C. Pisces Drilling Rig - 23 Ingress Points

D. Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex - Current Location

E. Shock Roller 'Hades' - 1 Ingress Points

F. Shock Roller 'Baphomet' - 1 Ingress Points

G. Dante Intelligence Agency Headquarters - 4 Ingress Points

H. Hector Vehicle Refueling Station - 4 Ingress Points

I. KaT Assembly Area - 6 Ingress Points

J. Freight Yard Oz - 6 Ingress Points

K. Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex - 3 Ingress Points

ACTIVE EXTRATERRESTRIAL FACTIONS

'Badger' RoK Splinter Faction
    Chief-Executive: [???]
    Vice-Executive: [???]
    Assassin: [???]
    Commander: [???]

[Unknown Army Group]
    [Unknown Army Group]

'Wolverine' RoK Splinter Faction

[Unknown Army Group]
    [Unknown Army Group]

'Wasp' RoK Splinter Faction

[Unknown Army Group]
    [Unknown Army Group]

'Eagle' USN Carrier Strike Group

Consumate Professional: Re-roll any failed assassination attempt and any failed survival check.

Exceptional Patience: Assassination attempts from this Assassin may not be redirected or foiled.

[Unknown Army Group]
    [Unknown Army Group]

'Raccoon' USN Carrier Strike Group
    Chief-Executive: David O'Neil
    Competent Leader: 50% chance to add 100 strength to all idle armies each turn, 25% chance to create a new army with 100 strength each turn (up to a maximum of 12 armies).

High Security Protocols: 75% chance to avoid being killed by a successful assassination attempt.

Hulk Project: This faction's Commander gains the 'Hulk' Bipedal Combat Platform trait.
    Assassin: Albert Jenkins
    Exceptional Assassin: 75% chance to succeed in assassination attempts, 50% chance to survive failed assassination attempts.

Thorough: 25% chance that if a successful assassination attempt from this Assassin is redirected, the intended target will be killed regardless.

Current Activity: Attempting to assassinate Examiner Deckard Jenner
    Commander: Callie Lane
    Competent Commander: Leads armies with a single attached flank. Commits to attacks once total available forces number 10,000 or more.

Combat Veteran: An army led by a Commander with this trait re-rolls any casualty dice against the opposing force with a value of less than 50 and keeps the highest result.

'Hulk' Bipedal Combat Platform: An army led by a Commander with this trait does not take casualties from opposing force flanks and does ignores the special division activations of opposing force flanks. This Commander gains the Abomination trait and the Mechanical trait.

[Unknown Army Group]
    [Unknown Army Group]

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    DECISIONS

Please vote for one action that you wish for each of your cabinet members to take:

Architect: Ryker Kincaid, Officer-Caste Primate
    A) Print additional armed forces.
    You may add strength to an existing army or create an entirely new army. Army strength is printed by this Architect in multiples of 40; every 40 strength you wish to print will cost 1 Team Unit from your Crew, 2 Alloys and 1 Fuel. An army may have a maximum strength value of 10,000.

B) Create a special division.
    You may create one of the following special divisions:

'Watcher' Rear Guard, Light Infantry: 5 Team Units

'Torch' Stormtrooper, Heavy Infantry: 5 Team Units, 5 Fuel

'Thunder' Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Light Vehicle: 5 Team Units, 1 Fuel, 5 Alloys

'Brutal' SAM Platform, Light Vehicle: 5 Team Units, 1 Fuel, 5 Alloys

'Avalanche' Compact Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle: 5 Team Units, 1 Fuel, 5 Alloys

'Morbid' Main Battle Tank, Heavy Vehicle: 5 Team Units, 5 Fuel, 10 Alloys

'Beast' Super Heavy Tank, Heavy Vehicle: 5 Team Units, 5 Fuel, 10 Alloys

'Fang' Energy Fighter, Interceptor Aircraft: 5 Team Units, 5 Fuel, 5 Alloys

Piston Aircraft: If an army with this special division engages in battle with an opposing force that has an Interceptor Aircraft special division with the Supersonic Aircraft trait, this special division is ignored.[/i]

'Corvus' Attack Helicopter, Gunship Aircraft: 5 Team Units, 10 Fuel, 5 Alloys

C) Create a new subsystem.
    You may create one of the following subsystems.

Bomblet Submunitions Ordnance: 25 Alloys
    All Officer-Caste Primate Commanders gain the following trait:

Strafe: If an army led by this Commander has air superiority, it inflicts 5d100 losses at the beginning of combat to the opposing force.

Cruise Missile Suite: 25 Alloys, 10 Fuel

Homing Beacon: After interacting with any character, there is a 25% chance that 5d100 losses are inflicted to a random army within that character's faction.

D) Create an Administrated Asset (Warning: You possess the maximum number of Administrated Assets. If you wish to create a new one, you must also indicate which asset you wish to replace)
    BioCore Den: 50 Team Units
    Adds 2d6 CPU to your resource pool every turn.

E) Create unique assets
    Android Crew: 5 Alloys per Team Unit, up to 50 Team Units

Abduction Disk: 10 Alloys, 10 Fuel
    75% chance of adding 2d100 General Personnel Team Units to your Crew. One time use.
    E) Change from alloy mining operations to fuel drilling operations.

Negotiator: CYCLOPS, Psychostorm Mass
    A) Initiate an extraterrestrial character interaction.
    No known extraterrestrial characters.

B) Collect intelligence.
    Invasive Cortex Scan
    75% chance of gathering all intelligence for each character within a target extraterrestrial faction (a separate roll is made for each character). 25% chance of killing each character within the same target extraterrestrial faction (a separate roll is made for each character).

Baleful Eye
    75% chance of gathering all intelligence for an army within a target extraterrestrial faction.
    C) Perform a unique action.
    Neural Confession Bore
    75% chance of killing each extraterrestrial assassin attempting an assassination action before they can complete it (a separate roll is made for each character).

Generate Hyper-Tornadic Sandstorm
    Eliminate all special divisions within a target extraterrestrial army. 25% chance that this Psychostorm Mass vanishes.

Generate Cryo-Cyclone
    Exhaust all extraterrestrial armies. 25% that this Psychostorm Mass vanishes.

Examiner: Deckard Jenner, Officer-Caste Primate
    A) Decompress a template of your choice. (Costs the requisite CPU)

B) Order the disintegration of Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex and initiate lobe clipping of the present extraterrestrial laborers.
    Gain 2d10 General Personnel Team Units and add the Strategic Nuclear Missile Payload trait to your Commander.

Strategic Nuclear Missile Payload: 75% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army led by this Commander will immediately win the engagement, inflicting maximum possible casualties against the opposing force. The opposing force does not roll for casualties if this trait is activated. 50% chance that this trait is lost after activating.

C) Order the conversion of Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex into a HyperCore Mainframe (Warning: You possess the maximum number of Administrated Assets. If you wish to create a new one, you must also indicate which asset you wish to replace)
    Adds 4d6 CPU to your resource pool every turn.

D) Authorize the use of Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex as a Vehicular Colossus gestation site.
    Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex will incubate PHEONIX, a Nimbus-Caste Titan Commander (Warning: You already possess a Commander. The incubation of PHEONIX will result in the dismissal of your current Commander) with the following traits:

Ever Thirsting: 25% chance each turn that 50 fuel is consumed by this Commander.

Daughter Drone Swarm: An army led by this Commander always has air superiority.

Salt the Earth: 90% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army led by this Commander will inflict 100 casualties against an opposing force.

Unstoppable Menace: 25% chance at the beginning of any battle that an army led by this Commander will only count half of the casualties rolled against them by an opposing force.

Commander: ORION, War-Caste Vehicular Colossus
    A) Lead an army of your choice to battle against a target extraterrestrial army.

B) Attach an unassigned special division of your choice to an army of your choice or unattach a special division of your choice from an army of your choice. An army may have a maximum of 5 attached special divisions.

C) Organize an army into a flank and attach it to another army or unattach a flank from an army.
    An army may have up to two flanks attached to it – a right flank and a left flank. When engaged in battle, each flank attached to an army will combat a respective opposing flank, resolving special division activations and casualties as normal; if the opposing force does not have a respective flank to engage, however, a flank will attack the opposing primary army and inflict double casualties as well as re-roll any special division traits that did not successfully activate.

Assassin: DRACO, Rail-Caste Vehicular Colossus
    A) Attempt to assassinate a target extraterrestrial character.
    75% chance to succeed in any assassination attempt. If this Assassin succeeds in an assassination attempt, a random additional character from the cabinet of the targeted character (if they are part of a cabinet) is also killed. A failed assassination attempt cannot result in the death of this Assassin.

B) Unveil conspiractors.
    75% chance to redirect any assassination attempts against members of this Assassin's cabinet to target this Assassin.

C) Deploy reconnaissance probes.
    75% chance of gathering a layer of intelligence from up to 3 random armies or characters within an extraterrestrial faction.

(If anyone happens to still be interested in this old clunker, I've been tinkering around with it off and on for... a while, and I'm interested in giving it another try. Less micromanagement, more micromanagement - and no graphics this time around, as they are apparently a large impediment to folks who browse at work and/or browse on mobile devices.

I tried to follow the spirit of @rockrnger 's ballot to the best of my ability, but much has changed, and I couldn't quite accommodate the whole order

Also, I had to break this into 3 parts due to character limitations)

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'll roll with it.

Architect Ryker Kincaid: B) 'Brutal' SAM Platform

Negotiator Cyclops: B) Baleful Eye at 'Eagle' USN Carrier Strike Group

Examiner Deckard Jenner: A) 5. Subsystem Upgrade – Neural Co-Processors (24 CPU Points)

Commander ORION: B) Assign 'Beast' Super Heavy Tank to Minotaur

Assassin DRACO: C) 'Raccoon' USN Carrier Strike Group

Might be better to necro the old thread or make a new one for it though?

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    There looks like enough special forces, we need a stronger main army to attach them to.

Architect Ryker Kincaid: A) Add 1000 strength to Minotaur

Negotiator Cyclops: C) Neural Confession Bore

Examiner Deckard Jenner: C) Order the disintegration of Pheonix Fissile Material Reactor Complex

Commander ORION: C) Attach Medusa to Minotaur right flank

Assassin DRACO: A) assassinate Albert Jenkins of 'Raccoon' USN Carrier Strike Group

Although the PHEONIX looks nice I think our current one is fine.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    @Tiphareth 's ballot is chosen via coin flip.

I just need one clarification:

ORION cannot assign a new special division to army 'Minotaur' because that army already has 5 special divisions attached to it (all of your current armies are actually maxed-out in terms of attached special divisions).

What other action did you want ORION to take?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    C: Attach Kraken to Minotaur.