As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPod won't sync

ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
I haven't been able to get my iPod (classic, 160gb) to sync for the past few days. Every time I attempt the sync, it starts normally, but partway through the process everything just freezes up. The iTunes window stops opening, and the iPod screen goes from synchronizing to connected and eventually I get a message saying, "Attempting to copy to the disk 'ipod' failed. Make sure you CD drive or internet connection is working properly and try again". I've tried checking the disk for errors, and I've restored the iPod a couple times, but nothing fixes the issue. Everything I've looked up says it must be the hard drive failing, but then my friend lent me his iPod (80gb classic) which he's never had trouble with, and I'm getting the same issue.

I've re-installed iTunes but that didn't do anything.

I'm running iTunes on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Thesmileyemo on

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I've had that same exact problem trying to run iTunes on Windows 7. It just screws up sometimes...Sorry I don't have a better answer, but I can confidently say it's nothing wrong with the iPods. Do you have another computer that you can migrate your library to and try to sync from? That's what I ended up doing.