As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MMA 18: [MMA]rrested Development: UFC Supports Drunk Driving and Domestic Violence

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    [Tycho?] wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    C'mon let's be fair, he pretty much destroyed Nelson, it's not his fault the guy's skull is filled with concrete

One can only wonder how Arlovski did it.

He worked the body more I think. But it only took him a couple seconds if I recall correctly, after the ref stood them up.

Arlovski KO'd him with a head shot as Nelson was backing away.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Dana White pissed at this:
    http://bjpenn.com/mmanews/2012/04/04/ufc-president-furious-at-overeem-for-failing-test-18412.html

Which is good news. Because it means he ignored/missed Rampage's RAPE TUTORIAL video that would have gotten him cut.

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I'm pissed!

• Options
    I'm pissed!

At the rape tutorial video?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    How much of a tutorial does rape really require? I mean, I haven't raped so I'm probably missing some of the subtleties.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah. It's like Rampage is trying to MAKE the UFC fire him at this point. I didn't find the video funny, but I also didn't think it was all that offensive. Just juvenile.

On a completely different note, I just watched this movie called Flash Point that stars Donnie Yen. It has a couple of pretty nice MMA-inspired fight scenes in it, especially at the end. If you're into that kind of thing.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    On a completely different note, I just watched this movie called Flash Point that stars Donnie Yen. It has a couple of pretty nice MMA-inspired fight scenes in it, especially at the end. If you're into that kind of thing.

Flash Point is a pretty good sequel sorta-prequel to SPL.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Yeah. It's like Rampage is trying to MAKE the UFC fire him at this point.

... Actually, that does sound quite plausible, doesn't it?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    bob sapp is always available to fight JDS
    anywhere any time

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    I'm pissed!

At Mr.Horse meat

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Yeah. It's like Rampage is trying to MAKE the UFC fire him at this point.

... Actually, that does sound quite plausible, doesn't it?

It's been apparent that he's been trying to make the UFC fire him since he started his Twitter anti-UFC rants and talked on Inside MMA about how he feels Joe Silva needs to be slapped and that the UFC are like slave-owners.

• Options
    I'm pissed!

At Mr.Horse meat

Indeed.

He seemed nice enough when I got his autograph and picture. You really can't tell. Here's hoping it was just some mistake and sample B comes back clean.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    The worst part is that reem shouldnt even have been cycling at all as the NSAC pretty much told him he was gonna be subject to 2 more random tests post brock fight
    He's just lucky they tested everyone else too that day and it got to count as one of his random ones. And then everyone goes and pisses clean
    terrible

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    @ChillyWilly

http://www.bjjhq.com/

Aoki-themed spats.

And uhh...they've been expanding. First MMAHQ, then BJJHQ.

Now: http://www.musclehq.com/

B:L on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Fucking fuck! Get your shit together, Overeem.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    wakaranaiwakaranai Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    Reem should just pretend he told someone he had a medical exemption even though he never has.

His doctor prescribes him horsemeat for his ADHD. Totally legit.

• Options
    Turns out someone had been doping the horses just so that Overeem could get enough meat for one meal

Overeem's really the victim here

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Reem is obviously a Pride sleeper agent sent to destroy the UFC.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    UFC (@ufc)
    3/30/12 12:46 PM
    RT @Jonnybones: There's no more "brothers" there's no more old teammates, rashad is the enemy right now in every way, shape, and form.

Chael brings the truth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mvB391KDTE

how can you make a video decrying the persona you've created while insulting other people

how

can anyone be so hilariously awesome.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    I'm pissed!

At Mr.Horse meat

Indeed.

He seemed nice enough when I got his autograph and picture. You really can't tell. Here's hoping it was just some mistake and sample B comes back clean.

That's doubtful with a t/e of 10 to 1. The ratio might go down, but it's not going to be enough. That's the definition of the term "Juiced to the gills".

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Didn't Chael have the same ratio? Or am I thinking of Barnett

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    I am utterly shocked that Overeem tested positive for steroids.

Wait.. no.. those aren't the words I'm looking for..

Completely unsurprised. That's it.

• Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    No one should be surprised about the fact that he's roiding, but I am personally surprised he was dumb enough to get caught in the month leading up to a title fight like this. Overeem never struck me as that dumb

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    Did you read about his shenanigans with the last round of drug testing?

Sorry, I forgot to submit a test before I left the country, so here's a sample provided by my personal doctor.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    adytum wrote: »
    I am utterly shocked that Overeem tested positive for steroids.

Wait.. no.. those aren't the words I'm looking for..

Completely unsurprised. That's it.

No kidding. Someone post that 205 vs roided out picture that has been floating around. It is insane the bulk this guy put on.

Oh here we go- overeem-steroids.jpg

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think the silver lining of the whole Overeem thing is that there will be a debate on the current state of organisation versus country/state PED testing. Having said that it does look like Dana is just going to tow the same line he's always done. "Most regulated sport in the world..." etc...

I'm still clinging onto a thread of hope that somehow the second test will be negative, but he's been caught. Anyone that big is pretty obviously on something he's been caught while on a cycle. Gah! Overeem vs. JDS was going to be bloody amazing.

More Overeem bigness timeline:
    alistair_overeem_timeline.jpg

Campy on
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    Neli wrote: »
    Didn't Chael have the same ratio? Or am I thinking of Barnett

Sonnen had something even more ridiculous like 20 to 1.

• Options
    GSP is known for being one of the best MMA fighters who can read his opponents...

...but will that be enough to take down the pros of poker?

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2012/04/ufc-champion-georges-st-pierre-joins-team-888-will-play-wsop-12392.htm

Keith Kizer goes blorp blorp blorp about Overeem:

Bas Rutten: Wait till you get a load of his nuts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMq8DvWNFE

• Options
    edited April 2012

What is SPL?

And I would be all over those rainbow shorts if I still competed.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Campy wrote: »
    I think the silver lining of the whole Overeem thing is that there will be a debate on the current state of organisation versus country/state PED testing. Having said that it does look like Dana is just going to tow the same line he's always done. "Most regulated sport in the world..." etc...

I'm still clinging onto a thread of hope that somehow the second test will be negative, but he's been caught. Anyone that big is pretty obviously on something he's been caught while on a cycle. Gah! Overeem vs. JDS was going to be bloody amazing.

More Overeem bigness timeline:
    alistair_overeem_timeline.jpg

I really don't think that timeline says much of anything about his PED usage. The graph looks pretty and it makes for a fun talking point, but if you guys don't think a person (who is already an athlete, who already trains hard, who knows how his body works) can change his body that much in 5 years, I don't think you understand how the human body works. 5 years is a long time to change yourself, especially considering that he was only 22 years old in 2003. He definitely still had some "man strength" to gain.

On top of that, he's said multiple times that he was cutting a lot of weight to make 205 and it was not the weight he should have been fighting at in the first place.

The graph is kind of a moot point, honestly.

And speaking of Reem, they finally got his actual ratio back from the labs: http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/4/5/2928198/alistair-overeems-t-e-ratio-was-14-1-in-failed-ped-test

ChillyWilly on
  • Options

What is SPL?

And I would be all over those rainbow shorts if I still competed.

The localized release is called Kill Zone, it's the Donnie Yen/Sammo Hung movie.

• Options
    Willy, it's difficult to put on mass at all, and there are significant declining returns.

It's certainly not impossible to put on that amount of mass in that amount of time, but it is improbable, even as a full-time athlete with a dedicated team of nutritionists and trainers.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mir did it too :rotate:

Steroids don't always magically add muscles to you either, just look at Barnett. They let you work harder and avoid injuries easier though

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Well, sure, if you take steroids and don't lift weights you won't gain muscle mass.

Barnett may just have been particularly incompetent at doing steroids, a theory born out by his failure of a professional career.

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    Reem needs to get Ryan Braun's lawyers.

• Options
  • Options
    Maybe this is what Barnett looked like before he started the roids
    106.282x282.jpg

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Holy shit I just watched the new episode of TUF Brazil and there's so much product placement there. We get a scene of Wanderlei solemnly shaving his arm for no reason at all as the camera slowly pans over the Gillette bottle and its logo. Then they have a Ford competition inserted into the show. it's so ridiculously blatant :lol:

Boring fight too

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Holy shit I just watched the new episode of TUF Brazil and there's so much product placement there. We get a scene of Wanderlei solemnly shaving his arm for no reason at all as the camera slowly pans over the Gillette bottle and its logo. Then they have a Ford competition inserted into the show. it's so ridiculously blatant :lol:

Boring fight too

Reminds me of Fight Night 3, where the "bonus" you unlocked for winning the title was a Dodge commercial.

This discussion has been closed.