As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've decided I'm going to assemble some long fangs and then toss everything in my bits box. Gone. My hobby closet is disgusting and the reminder of wasted money is pissing me off.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    So, wait. You're just not gonna do 40k stuff any more or?

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    You can always, just ebay them or bartertown your stuff for cash, i mean sure you wont make all your money back but you will get something for them. No need to go that far matrias.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    We MD PA'ers Space Hulked tonight. It was great.

Yeah Space Hulk is basically my new favorite thing.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Matrias wrote: »
    My hobby closet is disgusting and the reminder of wasted money is pissing me off.

Well, realistically, those painted guys are wasted money too. This whole hobby is wasting money.

-Loki- on
  • mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    We MD PA'ers Space Hulked tonight. It was great.

Yeah Space Hulk is basically my new favorite thing.

I should point out, it was outdoor Space Hulk, by fire/lamplight with a cookout and beers.

that sounds god damned amazing

edited April 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »
    My hobby closet is disgusting and the reminder of wasted money is pissing me off.

Well, realistically, those painted guys are wasted money too. This whole hobby is wasting money.
    nonsense! Painting is essential for my mental health. That part of the hobby is well worth it.

Matrias on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    OHhhh, ok so yoiu just have a bunch of "wasted" stuff, maybe you should mail it off to Ein and see what he can do with these "wasted" bits, though it seems law school has him by the balls so to speak for free time.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited April 2012
    for example: ruined land raider that was massacred in a magnetizing accident. half a rhino (I don't know), sternguard (before I figured out Space Wolves couldn't take them), chaos marauders (for their stylish beardy heads -_-). There's a pack of Legion of the Damned that I was planning on doing something Salamandery too .

going through this pile some of this stuff is not even mine - a pile of sprues I brought home to assemble when I was working at R. Comforting that I didn't my own spend money on all of it, but now I need to return them.

Matrias on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Broken tanks should be made into scenery, if you are a scenery-making man.

I've got tons of unused shit from a lifetime of wargaming. I'm too much of a hoarder to throw any of it out though.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Are those Sternguard metal or Finecast(r)(tm)? I can totally help you get rid of those.

saluksic on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Why can't you use the Sternguard? Throw some wolfy decorations on them and use them as Grey Hunters.

edit - Beasts of War are claiming May 5th for Necrons, with the following releases.
    Triarch Stalker
    Tomb Blade
    Canoptek Wraith
    Canoptek Spyder
    Nemesor Zahndrekh
    Vargard Obyron
    Illuminor Szeras
    Destroyer Lord Upgrade Pack
    Heavy Destroyer Upgrade Pack

-Loki- on
    accurate assessment. New wraiths are rad looking.

@saluksic @Loki, the sternguard are metal which is why I never did anything with them. I'm going to keep them (probably)

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well. Today was fun @ Kingdom-Con. We had a Kitbashing event (We get a couple baggies of bits from the Warstore, get a short while to slap something together. Then the coolest looking one is voted on. Every contestant has three voting tokens. etc etc). Tied for first with a guy who made a really awesome marine riding atop some sort of robot horse. We split the prize (Warstore gift certificate).

Mine was pretty awesome. I'll take a pic of it later. I call him Masta Dakka. He's an Ork wearing a looted suit of Terminator armor with an ungodly amount of Dakka stuck onto him, including, in no particular order: A Lascannon, 2 Assault Cannons, 2 pairs of 3 Hurricane Bolters, wielding a combi-flamer slugga with a Force Falchion bayonet in one hand, a Heavy Bolter with the same kind of bayonet on the other hand, and... a bear trap hanging off his side. I gave him a little support brace so he doesn't tip back. Was VERY close to being able to balance, too.

Oh right, Masta Dakka has an Imperial Guard sgt riding atop of him, kneeling down, holding a power sword up in the air, DRIVE ME CLOSER style.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Finished cleaning my hobby closet. found the rest of that razorback. Now those stern guard I don't want can drive the rhino I don't need. Now to do the same thing with my comic book horde.

Dunno why I got the urge to clean all of a sudden. got struck with the urge to bring my models home from work last month and got laid off two weeks later, so maybe I'm anticipating a move or something.

Matrias on
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    Finished cleaning my hobby closet. found the rest of that razorback. Now those stern guard I don't want can drive the rhino I don't need. Now to do the same thing with my comic book horde.

Dunno why I got the urge to clean all of a sudden. got struck with the urge to bring my models home from work last month and got laid off two weeks later, so maybe I'm anticipating a move or something.

Whispers from the Warp? That's a purgin', heretic.

Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235

Just go with it dude. Sell stuff, donate stuff, whatever. I get those vibes/urges to just clean house when it comes to some stuff (DVD's, games, etc.) And 90% of the time I don't miss whatever I get rid of. I do have a ton of anxiety until I hit that critical mass, knowing I have a closet full of shit that I should probably go through, so the other 10% of the time is worth the risk personally.

Godspeed.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    On the opposite side of the coin: years ago I decided I was done with the Warhammer shit entirely and did a massive purge. I mean massive.

Old rulebooks (2nd & 3rd edition), old Codexes (mostly from 2nd ed), old fantasy army books, and just tons of minis. A lot of it was from Warhammer Quest too, which I still have the box for but is now unplayable.

A lot of regret there.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Yeah, I mean...don't just throw shit away.

In other news, if anyone here still hasn't started BattleScribe or been compelled to figure it out from scratch, I put together a guide to help one of our nooblet friends.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Goodie, was just thinking about Battlescribe since Army Builder doesn't want my money.

I'm in disbelief; Army Builder wants all the monies.

edited April 2012
    Well, they've kept going "nuh-uh" at my credit card. Their loss.

Rules question! Assault 2 Blast, you aim both shots at the same spot, roll scatter individually, right?

Echo on
    edited April 2012
    And just to test Battlescribe:
    +++ Obsidian Rose (1098pts) +++
    +++ 1000pt Dark Eldar 5th Ed (2010) Roster (Standard) +++

Selections:

+ HQ + (105pts)

* Duke Zindrax - Archon (105pts) 
            (Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
            Blast Pistol (15pts), Combat Drugs (10pts) (Combat Drugs), Ghostplate Armour (10pts), Haywire Grenades (5pts), Venom Blade (5pts)

+ Elites + (298pts)

* Incubi (153pts) 
            4x Incubi (88pts) (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain), Klaive
            * Venom (65pts) 
                Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon (10pts)

* Kabalite Trueborn (145pts) 
            * 5x Trueborn (80pts) 
                (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
                2x Splinter Cannon (20pts), 3x Splinter Rifle
            * Venom (65pts) 
                Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon (10pts)

+ Troops + (480pts)

* Kabalite Warriors (150pts) 
            10x Warriors (90pts) (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
            * Raider (60pts) 
                Dark Lance

* Kabalite Warriors (150pts) 
            10x Warriors (90pts) (Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
            * Raider (60pts) 
                Dark Lance

* Wyches (180pts) 
            2x Hydra Gauntlets (20pts), 10x Wyches (100pts) (Dodge, Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
            * Raider (60pts) 
                Dark Lance

+ Heavy Support + (215pts)

* Ravager (115pts) 
            (Aerial Assault, Night Vision)
            Dark Lance, Disintegrator, Disintegrator, Flickerfield (10pts)

* Talos Pain Engine (100pts) 
            (Fearless, Move through cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks)
            Close combat weapon, Splinter Cannon

Created with BattleScribe

Echo on
    Looks good! You may want to select the "Root Points" option under Layout Options, so that it doesn't break the rules with itemized point costs :)

• TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Rules question! Assault 2 Blast, you aim both shots at the same spot, roll scatter individually, right?

Yup.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Tomb Blades, yaaaaay

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    Nax wrote: »
    Tomb Blades gays, yaaaaay

Fabulous!

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    WTF, Tomb Blades but no <type>scythe kit? Bikes better be goddamn awesome come sixth ed.….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    I'm painting one of my tervigons, and was looking for some inpsiration

God, I love the scheme but the birth.
    IMG_7557.jpg

E26cO.jpg
    edited April 2012
    muggins

cryyyyyyy

as an aside, I built long fangs. Some how I managed to accumulate 5 missile launchers in my bitz box without ever buying a box of tactical marines or devestators. I, uh, think I got some of them from big R. Its all a blur.

Matrias on
    That said, I think that Tomb Blades might have some use besides wasting loadsa points as a handicap, but only in very narrow circumstances.

On the other hand, it'd be worth it just so you can tell your opponent that the alleged pilot has no idea what his bike just did, or how, and is probably still asleep, if they ever do something awesome.

Mr_Rose wrote: »
    WTF, Tomb Blades but no <type>scythe kit? Bikes better be goddamn awesome come sixth ed.….

The aircraft are supposedly being held back for the flyers release they want to do around 6th.

edited April 2012
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    That said, I think that Tomb Blades might have some use besides wasting loadsa points as a handicap, but only in very narrow circumstances.

On the other hand, it'd be worth it just so you can tell your opponent that the alleged pilot has no idea what his bike just did, or how, and is probably still asleep, if they ever do something awesome.

I have to tell a certain player every single time I see him how bad the Tomb Blades are. He just won't believe me.

SJ on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    What's bad about Tomb Blades? I must admit I haven't checked the stats since the codex came out but aren't they kinda similar to how Destroyers were in the old codex?

What's bad about Tomb Blades? I must admit I haven't checked the stats since the codex came out but aren't they kinda similar to how Destroyers were in the old codex?

Is like, maybe you are saying, "Hey, looks at this, is space marine biker!" But there is problem! Is no available to special weapons carry, is no available to combat upgrade being! Is like being expensive prostitute with no puss puss.

@Mr_Rose @-Loki-

I've seen pics of the missing doomfuck. It exists, so...

Hahaha… no.
    Think marine bikers except I2, 4+ Sv and more points. But you can buy expensive upgrades that make them almost on par… their only saving grace is their gun which is, to be fair, pretty ridiculous, but still not ridiculous enough to make up for the rest.

And the artwork makes them look fucking terrible.

Is like man-sex-boy slave on Soviet bicycle. Comrade SJ is familiar, yes?

This discussion has been closed.