As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon - not fun [OP NSF3G]

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    man, that's, like, the most OU team in the universe

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    its UU tier nerd you..... FUCKING.....

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Bronzong / Snorlax / Heracross / Kingdra / Chandelure / Zapdos

not matter how its components may be ranked by smogon, this team has an essential OUness

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    hitmontop owns ;3;

• Options
    Rogue LemonRogue Lemon AVATAR BOX TOO TIGHT, 50 YEARS DUNGEON!Registered User regular
    Beasteh, you have a cool team. And I am not just saying that because half of it is the same as my team in Pearl. But I am mostly saying it because of that.

Tentaclemon.jpg
    STEAM: BioSpark // POKEMON: 0303 9578 6730
  • Options
    who wants to battle (via DS)??

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    ok so B/W is a trozei sequel

alright

ok

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Zapdos is my favorite legendary

this has nothing to do with stats or moveset I just think thunderbirds are super cool

• Options
    crowbawt you are now the best poster

for having the best poképinion there is

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I love kyurem black's design

it's like a reverse t-rex

small body

huge oversized arms

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    All my high fives to Beasteh

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    since these are basically the first straight up sequels, i'm expecting some pretty drastic stuff

and i'm pretty sure it's going to happen and be cool because game freak is neat

they made munchlax, ergo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    there's a possibility that it's set in another region

considering that we know N's legendary appears in these, and N was seen in some other region

of course he could just fly back, but it's a fun idea

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    we already know N flied to another region with geovinnie to revive team rocket

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    what if it takes place in orre

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i am PRETTY SURE this is just a way to make more money off of a third version

maybe platinum didn't sell as well as they would've liked so they tried to think of something to drum up more interest

• Options
    I guess we'll find out in june

• Options
    cynical racer

platinum sold over 7 million copies

1 million of those were in the first three days of release

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ok fair enough I was just spitballin'

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    Didn't Platinum outsell Diamond and Pearl combined?

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Still pretty sure this is basically Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Grey With Some Different Pokemon From the Other Pokemon Grey

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    if it's a pokemon game that isn't owned by every child in japan and america, all of the production staff have to do overtime in the punishment room

it's been nintendo policy since 98

• Options
    man it'll be a shame if these aren't sequels

I'd forgive them if they brought back the walking with pokemon thing

• Options
    even if they are straight remakes, I'll still probably get one if it improves the multiplayer and adds a battle frontier

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    i really doubt that game freak DESPERATELY needs to cash grab

pokemon is pretty cash making as it is, and if they are actually calling these sequels, i don't expect them to just be "remakes oh and a bit more"

plus thinking about it, calling your remakes "the thing part 2" is absurdly dumb

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    unless it is a remake of The Thing

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    if they put mary elizabeth winstead in this I will be more than okay with it

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    man it'll be a shame if these aren't sequels

I'd forgive them if they brought back the walking with pokemon thing

they probably will

from what I remember, HGSS and BW were developed alongside each other, which is why BW is missing some of the innovations they added in HGSS, like following and the touch-screen pause menu

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I need this game right now.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I want more info

some pics or something

we probably won't get more until the next corocoro

god I missed the prerelease build up

• Options
    actually, BB, I did some searching of my own and found a little bit of info. it's not much, but you might be able to make something of it:
    pokemonkeldeoscary2.gif

• Options
    saw it coming

• Options
    did you, BB?

did you really?

• Options
    well partially, yeah

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So in BW, there are no capture events for Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect, but there are events to get certain items/moves.

I'm guessing they planned ahead to give us a sort of Stop N Swop thing where we go back to the first games.

So they release an item for BW2 that triggers an event where we catch Keldeo. Trade him to BW1 and get him to learn Secret Sword.

Same deal for Meloetta's other form and Genesect's items.

• Options
    nah, keledo is being released at event like always, others probably will be too

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    God, I really want the touch screen controls of HGSS in BW2. They were so great, while the C Gear was completely useless. Auto-run, easy menu and PC navigation, it was great.

Basically do that plus walking Pokemon and 6v6 autoscaling, and I'm all set.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I'm not saying it's not an event. I'm saying that something like the Oak's Letter event where you capture a wild Shaymin (an event that existed in the coding for DP and Platinum) would only be in BW2, while the event to get (for instance) Meloetta's second form would only be in BW1. So you need to travel between the first and second game to get everything for Meloetta.

Since there's no capture events for those three in BW1, everyone just assumed they would be downloaded directly (like the second Victini), but we might still be able to capture wild ones (via event) in this sequel. Then trade back to the first game to complete their plotlines.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Black and White 2, eh? I must say I am intrigued by this development, but there really isn't anything we can definitively say at this point. I am not at all surprised it's going to be compatible with the DS, DSi and the 3DS, since the 3DS isn't selling too well apparently. (Also, I am secretly happy because the 3D on the 3DS gives me a friggin' headache. Glad I didn't buy one.)

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's not an event. I'm saying that something like the Oak's Letter event where you capture a wild Shaymin (an event that existed in the coding for DP and Platinum) would only be in BW2, while the event to get (for instance) Meloetta's second form would only be in BW1. So you need to travel between the first and second game to get everything for Meloetta.

Since there's no capture events for those three in BW1, everyone just assumed they would be downloaded directly (like the second Victini), but we might still be able to capture wild ones (via event) in this sequel. Then trade back to the first game to complete their plotlines.

but the direct download for keledo was just revealed

This discussion has been closed.